April 30, 2024, 03:12:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #572 1/11/2007  (Read 94314 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #660 on: January 12, 2007, 11:44:57 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Frijole,
In the video he says 130 miles on the ground, over a thousand sturctures down.  But still looks as though any group that knows how could just go set the utility poles in place by putting one right beside where there is one now.

But in something this massive, it might be that some org already did that and it is the replacement of the transformers, etc. that is the hold up.  Would require more skill.

And in that case FEMA should have a few extra generators they could lend in cases like this but as I said, they only tell people to run for their lives and such things as that.  

Carnut, the restoration of electricity is not a hand out or a charity but pretty universally accepted as expected in any country that is considered developed.  We are not a third world country with great expanses of undeveloped territories.  

Either the governor or FEMA should get generators out to those who need them and get some orgs setting utility poles, etc. and get this fixed.  This is farming communities and not desert or uninhabited.

Sorry, I just don't think it's the governments business to worrying about those things.

Maybe you haven't visited out here recently, I think a lot of what's between me and Klaasend is pretty darn sparsely populated and quite rural.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: January 12, 2007, 11:47:00 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
[
Fraid I'm a bit sceptical that there's that many 'farmers' who don't already have backup generators and propane heat.

Well, since you are so knowledgeable about these things, you know also that it is VERY difficult to get a generator with sufficient whatever to run a well pump, then, right?  They don't make them that will do that, 220 or whatever or if they do they are like $15,000.

Just about impossible, right?  So what would you suggest they do for water and to water their livestock since all the ponds would be frozen, etc.?  I have never known of a home generator that would run a well pump.  If you know of one, please advise as I would be interested in getting one of those myself.

. Rolling Eyes

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #662 on: January 12, 2007, 11:47:53 PM »

Anna,

They have set up all towns but one with small generators.  There is problem with surges.... infrastructure issues...

Also it was declared a natl. disaster and FEMA is "involved".  

Laughing  some things never change I guess.  Laughing
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #663 on: January 12, 2007, 11:49:28 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"

As she is a "she" it would not be the same nightmare  Wink  Wink

Idea   Thank you.  Now I get it.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #664 on: January 12, 2007, 11:50:39 PM »

[
Fraid I'm a bit sceptical that there's that many 'farmers' who don't already have backup generators and propane heat.

Well, since you are so knowledgeable about these things, you know also that it is VERY difficult to get a generator with sufficient whatever to run a well pump, then, right?  They don't make them that will do that, 220 or whatever or if they do they are like $15,000.

Just about impossible, right?  So what would you suggest they do for water and to water their livestock since all the ponds would be frozen, etc.?  I have never known of a home generator that would run a well pump.  If you know of one, please advise as I would be interested in getting one of those myself.

. Rolling Eyes

I would expect them to do the same thing I did when I lived thru a week without electricity in a blizzard.

Melt snow into buckets and use flushing the toilets and watering the livestock.

If I loose electicity for a week or so around here now, I might indeed die, but it won't be from exposure or starvation, it'll probably be from withdrawal from the internet or electocution getting a the wires crossed when setting up a portable generator.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #665 on: January 12, 2007, 11:51:47 PM »

this was the problem me neighbor had

she had a horse, goat, dogs, cats, chickens etc

and she couldnt get water until i saved the day  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #666 on: January 12, 2007, 11:53:00 PM »

[

. Rolling Eyes

Heh, heh, I guess from this question that you didn't read my Winter Survival story I posted several pages back.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #667 on: January 12, 2007, 11:53:03 PM »

Quote from: "robots"

{{{Robots}}}

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #668 on: January 12, 2007, 11:53:16 PM »

a generator in the back of a pickup with plenty of gas
and a call to the local electrician - who did things Correctly so the LINE men would not get ZAPPED

i could have made alot of money

but i didnt  Cool

- A Horse's Tale
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #669 on: January 12, 2007, 11:53:39 PM »

LOL Robots..
Dont need to borrow one quite yet. We still havnt had winter really here in PA..lol

Oh and these molesters make me SICK.. SICK.. SICK.. SICK..
How the hell do they get away with this BS.. go to jail.. get let out.. only to do it all over again. They need to lock'em up and throw away the key.. anad let Bubba have a crak at their sick ass in jail .  Evil or Very Mad
 I was warned when I started my new job..  about pedophiles that come into the store.. cause we  have kids some in that buy chips.. etc. its really hard to keep quiet aand not cuss'em out like a truck driver.
 I honestly do not think comitting a Lorenna Bobbit act on these assholes would even work.. its gotta be a sick part od their brain. IMO
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #670 on: January 12, 2007, 11:53:59 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

{{{Robots}}}

she died last week

drug overdose

Shocked

Crying or Very sad

- A Horse's Tale
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #671 on: January 12, 2007, 11:54:57 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
LOL Robots..
Dont need to borrow one quite yet. We still havnt had winter really here in PA..lol

How the hell do they get away with this BS.. go to jail.. get let out.. only to do it all over again. They need to lock'em up and throw away the key.. anad let Bubba have a crak at their sick ass in jail .  Evil or Very Mad
 I was warned when I started my new job..  about pedophiles that come into the store.. cause we  have kids some in that buy chips.. etc. its really hard to keep quiet aand not cuss'em out like a truck driver.
 I honestly do not think comitting a Lorenna Bobbit act on these assholes would even work.. its gotta be a sick part od their brain. IMO

Torture below the waist for life maybe?

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #672 on: January 12, 2007, 11:55:20 PM »

LOL Robots..

same here

in maine

no snow warm warm warm for the most part

i sub contract and put snow blowers together for some stores

business has been slow

cost me a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

STOMPING my ROBOT feet  Cool

- A Horse's Tale
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: January 12, 2007, 11:56:46 PM »

You have a generator that will run a well pump?  My well is approx 500 ft deep and I was told there was no such animal.   Sad

There is not always snow on the ground when power lines are down unfortunately.  Especially following an ice storm like this one.  Obviously if it were that simple, these people would have handled it themselves and seem to be just toughing it out but I do agree with Frijole that few people even know this condition exists there now.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #674 on: January 12, 2007, 11:56:51 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

{{{Robots}}}

she died last week

drug overdose

Shocked

Crying or Very sad

Yikes.. so sorry to hear that.  Sad Sad
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #675 on: January 12, 2007, 11:58:19 PM »

Site Meter Report:  

Canada 8%
Australia 2%
Netherlands 1%

I think it's De Vries.  Joran's probably out drinking.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #676 on: January 12, 2007, 11:58:24 PM »

I'm baaaaack and I am coooold. I know; we don't know what "cold is" Laughing  Laughing

When my mom moved out here at the ending years of her life, she was more cold here than in Indiana. She said this is a dry cold so is colder.

My neighbor who backs into my home hitting the tomato plants, vinyl (sp) on the porch didn't dare come out.

I used all your ideas, THANK YOU except putting plants in the car.

Rescued a large ripe tomato (who says you can take Indiana out of the the girl!)

Ended up making a lean=to from plastic garbage bags tied into the thinging that hangs down over the large trailer windows at the porch. Looked like A=line skirts of trash bags! Laughing  Gee, 4-H helps again.

Then kept weaving, tieing into a lean to and then starting lapping them down around the porch. I have some tropical plants and they would be expensive to buy them again... had them a long time!

It looks like someone toilet papered the porch in black garbage bags. Management won't like it tomorrow. though.. I have a "rare-to-me" plant in there of a plants/seeds 20 yrs ago from my mom and all in the front year of my former home. Will not loose it. Think I might start a thread to find more seeds from you great Monkeys.

Had thought of heavy mil plastic but it (and the duct tape) are in the camper (mobile home older) that is in storage ($$$) for our 'neat'  City Council feels they are a blight unless in your driveway, which I don't have.

Gad, the homes in the city run from 1/2 M to over a 1M and some have really newer motor homes in the drive at the price of another $150,000 and the city thinks they are blight. I told the city council (televised too) that I'd take their "blight" anytime! They should go to the inner city, about 5 miles away to see blight!

See, elitism isn't always in Aruba!

Maybe I can order my mug and get Carnuts and he'll let me ride in the cars!

Watch out for the black ice. Darn, just sneezed over my computer.[/i]

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #677 on: January 12, 2007, 11:58:29 PM »

Anna,

if you want a generator for 240v and economical, you just have to look in the proper places.

240 V 13hp generator
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #678 on: January 13, 2007, 12:02:40 AM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
LOL Robots..

Torture below the waist for life maybe?

I agree with that totally.. Bobbit the pricks. BUT..I thini its an illness in the brain.. even if their thingy is cutt off. ? IMO
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #679 on: January 13, 2007, 12:02:45 AM »

You have a generator that will run a well pump?  My well is approx 500 ft deep and I was told there was no such animal.   Sad

There is not always snow on the ground when power lines are down unfortunately.  Especially following an ice storm like this one.  Obviously if it were that simple, these people would have handled it themselves and seem to be just toughing it out but I do agree with Frijole that few people even know this condition exists there now.

well pumps take a lot of JUICE

they do... sump pumps can also but not as bad

most are 220 <- well pumps

if you have a generator it is advised unless you have a monster  
to not use your stove cause it is an electric eater

- A Horse's Tale
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.