April 20, 2024, 07:42:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: German Healthcare Deficits  (Read 1707 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 28, 2010, 07:35:35 AM »

There are a lot of rosy pictures in the media about healthcare in France, Germany, and Japan.

Are these good examples?  How many of these countries are on a sound financial footing?  No massive looming debts?

At one time, the US didn't spend such vast amounts of money on for profit healthcare.  Americans paid out of pocket and bought the healthcare that made sense for themselves and their families.

I may want everyone to get better, but should I have to subsidize the fountain of youth for others?  Those that chase the snakeoil salesman?

The pursuit of 'health' in a for profit environment seems to push the nation in a faster, more massive death spiral.

I have no problems with others that want to chase the snake oil salesman, but I don't think government should take money from others, or future generations to enable the massive profits of our out of control for profit system.

In other places, communities build hospitals and sustainable healthcare systems. 

Anything sustainable about Obamacare?  How is the debt from contributors sustainable?  The continued enabling of welfare/medical tourism?  Opportunism?

Of the 160 statutory health insurance companies so far include only 13 insurers from the additional contributions. For the year 2010 much as 50 funds do not want an extra burden to their members.  Whoever changes the health insurance company, runs the risk that other funds, sooner or later require additional funding.  For the coming year predict experts regard an insurance deficit of 11 billion euros.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cecu.de%2F1011%2BM51b43860a64.html

Does it really matter where the high cost cases go?  Sooner or later, will all insurance require massive infusions of money?  Debt?

I remember during the healthcare debate last week, that one doctor talked about the waste of time and resources, when folks didn't have to pay. 

Folks that had to pay something, worked to make good use of their healthcare dollars.

It's a disgrace that healthcare is so expensive in this country.

Insurance companies bargain for a discount, perhaps as much as 50-75% off provider list prices.

Why isn't Obama concerned with how much the uninsured are charged? 

Why are the uninsured charged and expected to pay a dollar for something worth just pennies?

Where is the real greed?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 07:44:13 AM »

Berlin (RPO). The General Local Sickness Funds (AOK) have achieved in the past year, a surplus of 771 million euros.   The discount agreements with the pharmaceutical industry and the programs for the chronically ill paid off, said the board of the AOK Bundesverband, Herbert Reichelt, the result on Friday in Berlin.

How much could Washington save on existing programs if they did some serious bargaining for drugs, instead of back room deals and issuing a blank check?

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rp-online.de%2Fwirtschaft%2Fnews%2FAOKs-erzielen-771-Millionen-Euro-Ueberschuss_aid_825328.html

In Wisconsin, there is a program called SeniorCare, a pre Part D drug program for seniors.
I am extremely thankful for the Obama Administration’s decision to extend Wisconsin’s SeniorCare waiver,” said Congressman Ron Kind. “Seniors all over Wisconsin repeatedly tell me what a life-saver the SeniorCare program is to them, and their interests are our top priority. This program is a pillar of innovation, saving millions of dollars while providing more comprehensive and less expensive coverage than Medicare Part D. Simply put, Wisconsin’s program should be a model for the federal government, not the other way around.”

http://www.superiortelegram.com/event/article/id/36747/group/Community/

For many people, the program saves them money, compared to Part D. There's a $30 annual fee, co-pays of $5 for generics and $15 for brand-name drugs, and a deductible based on income.

For the federal government, it's a good deal because the state is allowed to negotiate prices with drug companies. That's not allowed with Part D. SeniorCare costs the federal government $588 per person; Part D costs $1,690.

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20090822/APC06/908220612

I wonder how much Obamacare's back room drug company enhancements will cost taxpayers?  Seniors?  Medicare?  Medicaid?  Part D participants?

Why would Obamacare pay more?  How much are taxpayers losing due to 'overpayments' to drug companies?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 07:58:12 AM »

Faced with growing financial problems in the health insurance a high-level government commission to settle the dispute over the next health care reform. The federal cabinet set up the Commission on Wednesday in Berlin.

Health - Government Health Commission aims to resolve disputes

Federal Health Minister Rösler during a press conference in Berlin.  It wants ministers chaired by Philipp Rösler (FDP) at the opening session on 17 March their program set. Rösler has targeted the reform began in 2011.  By 2013 he wants to get into Einheitspauschalen (a lump sum) instead of the current percentage contributions. The CSU maintains its categorical 'no' to holiday packages.  The fund warned of rising deficits and called for rapid cost brakes.

Has European style healthcare, fixed the problem of rising costs?

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.focus.de%2Fpolitik%2Fdeutschland%2Fgesundheit-regierungskommission-soll-gesundheitsstreit-loesen_aid_483646.html

From the comments -

gast (25.02.2010 09:49)
The current system is unfair
because someone who has a lot of capital or rental income (even) as a millionaire, but little or no earned income, pay less in contributions than average-paid employee. This makes employees in Germany, unattractive and expensive.

Hmmm...Some like Nancy Pelosi and her wine business, or Barney and his muni's will not contribute because their income is nonwage?

Why does Obama want to make American workers less attractive?  Burden the American worker with high taxes? 

If it costs business more for an American worker than for a Chinese worker, where do you think the jobs will go?

If more jobs go to China, who will be left to pay for healthcare in America?

Why would anyone want the American economy to tank?

Why does Obama continue to put an anvil around the neck of the American worker?

A stimulus and jobs bill that doesn't create wealth, nothing to show for all that money.

It's the anti-American administation at work again.  Stimulus, jobs, and mortgage bailouts for illegal aliens, nothing for Main Street families.  Just a free ride for capitalists and politicians and large global hedge funds.

"Everyone should buy a bucket of Rupees"...

just my opinions.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 08:05:14 AM »

I can only drive my own car.  I can't drive for the guy in the car next to me. 

Why should I have to pay for his bad driving?  For his crash, when he has no insurance?  Why should he get gold plated coverage when he doesn't contribute?

Why does Obama want to give a blank check to profit driven providers?

How much will it cost taxpayer when the healthcare bubble bursts?

The nation is broke, insolvent, there is no money.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 08:07:22 AM »

Why aren't Nancy and the other using their personal funds to achieve their dreams for health insurance?

Pool their money, create the utopian insurance they want to force on all of America?  Run that model insurance company as a demonstration project for all the greedy that do not want Obamacare?

If Obama, Nancy, Reid, and others think insurance companies are so greedy, why don't they get into the business of doing it better, without destroy the economy?

What's holding them back? 

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 08:11:17 AM »

..."The Commission should not be narrowed to the issue of capitation." Rather, it should be about controlling spending and increasing supplies.

Söder described the capitation payment as a "great social sham."
They have similar weaknesses as unconstitutional the Hartz-IV system.  With a huge premium, bureaucratic redistribution would set in motion. About 40 percent of the funds would be made to members of petitioners...

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.focus.de/finanzen/versicherungen/krankenversicherung/kassenbeitraege-streit-um-kopfpauschale-eskaliert_aid_479533.html&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&usg=ALkJrhjKOF4PrZ8sdUJpzBIdUSHGXqoldw

Can Obama explain how everyone's premium/taxes will be lower when more and more folks don't contribute?

The free ride money has to come from somewhere.  Maybe Obama will fire up the printing press?  Sell more debt?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 08:29:20 AM »

An interesting comment -

Likewise, patients should be reviewed

the basis of a document, and not only to the health insurance card if you are treated. Indeed, there are abuses there, too (how much it may be appreciated only), so if someone is from another country here on a visit to friends, who can easily be treated using a borrowed C-Map will be reviewed by a doctor without this invites an already easy to abuse. Since living here speak no German migrants to some extent, this is not for a doctor to tell whether this is really the insured. With the revision of the document, one could reduce the abuse and thus the least cost. But I think there is red-green back to privacy?  advocate ..... as always ....

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.focus.de/politik/deutschland/gesundheitspolitik/gesundheitspolitik-sturm-auf-die-kopfpauschale_aid_484859.html&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&usg=ALkJrhh_YwGHv_U69_8AqxzZ2RvMoihijQ

How will Obamacare manage identity theft?  How much fraud, waste, and abuse is added due to universal coverage? 

If folks with universal coverage have issues with identity theft and healthcare, what chance does the US have?

We have leaky borders?  Lots of identity fraud/theft/abuse, iirc, almost 10 million victims last year.  How much goes unreported?

Will long before medical fraud is out of control?  Hidden/undetected by Obamacare Ponzi scheme, with it's pages of regulation and shell game financing?  The Obama issued taxpayer funded blank check?

When folks have to dig deep, they're more concerned with how their money is spent. 

When Obama writes another blank check, there doesn't seem to be anyone guarding the taxpayer wallet.

A stimulus that doesn't stimulate or create jobs.  It adds to the perpetual debt.

A jobs bill that isn't likely to create any jobs.  It adds to the perpetual debt.

A healthcare bill with rationing, builtin racial, ethnic and political discrimination.  It pretends to cover everyone...  It adds to the perpetual debt.

How much fraud due to people who don't speak English?  Some things seem universal in their fraud, waste, and abuse potential.

my opinions.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.