April 20, 2024, 02:56:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mickey Guidry 16, missing 11/26/2009 San Marcos, CA  (Read 41544 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2012, 01:35:45 PM »

If he wondered off into the desert with no water or food, would he have gotten very far?  I mean, I don't know that much about that particular environment, but wouldn't he have eventually have had to stop just from exhaustion and thirst?  Wouldn't that alone limit the area that needed to be searched?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/nov/29/year-has-passed-san-marcos-teen-disappeared/
Year has passed since San Marcos teen disappeared
November 29, 2010

::snipping2::
Sheriff’s Search & Rescue Sgt. Don Parker said it’s possible that Mickey’s remains could be anywhere within a 40- or 50-square-mile radius. Searches are still conducted every now and then, and officials won’t give up, Parker said.

The Jeep broke down near an established hiking trail 7.8 miles south of state Route 78. About 1.5 miles north of the vehicle, searchers found a blanket that had been in the Jeep. Then they discovered a cover for the Jeep’s spare tire near the top of a hill not far from where the blanket was recovered.

The Jeep broke down near an established hiking trail 7.8 miles south of state Route 78. About 1.5 miles north of the vehicle, searchers found a blanket that had been in the Jeep. Then they discovered a cover for the Jeep’s spare tire near the top of a hill not far from where the blanket was recovered.

Yates and others think Mickey may have made it out of the desert. Although the location is remote, a lot of hikers and off-roaders frequent the area in the winter, especially during holidays.

Mickey could have been picked up by someone who did him harm, although Yates thinks that’s the unlikeliest possibility.

Sgt. Parker married Missy, Mickey's mom after she divorced Doug whom she was married to when Mickey disappeared.  (See FB entry below)

http://www.10news.com/news/29851410/detail.html
"Did he make it out of the area? We’d like to think yes,” said sheriff’s search and rescue Sgt. Don Parker. “But we don’t know.”

Parker has been to the desert perhaps 30 times since Thanksgiving weekend 2009, looking for Mickey.

Often groups of volunteer searchers go to the remote area to train. They look for clues at the same time."
Doug was married to Missy when Mickey disappeared. 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/351259317751/

Missy Parker
I don't know Sunny.... A lot of people have asked me why Doug was/is so uninvolved, but only he can answer that. There were a lot of problems between him & Mickey, so it's hard NOT to wonder.. It eats at me to this day how he REFUSED to tell his family or work about Mickey being missing-- I was the one who had to tell them, 3 months later.. and only because I needed support from people. His embarrassment (or whatever) of Mickey being missing over-rode his desire to go public and help find my son. That ultimately led up to why I left that 'marriage'. I know that's probably tmi for this page, but sometimes the truth opens eyes as to the true nature of people.
December 15, 2011 at 2:42pm · 10

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2012, 01:42:21 PM »

muffy,
Is there some suspicion of doug?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »

muffy,

I've only seen the articles and FB entries posted here and  I've seen nothing that says there is suspicion of Doug.  But I can see why Missy divorced him if he did in fact not tell his family or workplace Mickey was missing.  That would probably do it for me too.  It's one thing if your son is being rebellious and troubled and another when he disappears in the desert and your spouse doesn't help you or support you in trying to find him.  It speaks volumes of a persons character imo, and possibly this could have contributed to some of Mickey's problems too, I don't know.  I only know what I can read in articles and FB.  I'm glad the Parker's haven't given up on finding Mickey  an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 05:45:39 PM »

muffy,

I've only seen the articles and FB entries posted here and  I've seen nothing that says there is suspicion of Doug.  But I can see why Missy divorced him if he did in fact not tell his family or workplace Mickey was missing.  That would probably do it for me too.  It's one thing if your son is being rebellious and troubled and another when he disappears in the desert and your spouse doesn't help you or support you in trying to find him.  It speaks volumes of a persons character imo, and possibly this could have contributed to some of Mickey's problems too, I don't know.  I only know what I can read in articles and FB.  I'm glad the Parker's haven't given up on finding Mickey  an angelic monkey
Ok.  I just wasn't sure about that posting.  I can't imagine a father not telling his own family or employer that his son was missing.  Even if it were a troubled son.  I mean, can you imagine how they felt after mom told them and they realized that dad was quiet for 3 months?  I'd be pretty concerned about his mental state to be so quiet about such. 

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 07:00:44 PM »

If he wondered off into the desert with no water or food, would he have gotten very far?  I mean, I don't know that much about that particular environment, but wouldn't he have eventually have had to stop just from exhaustion and thirst?  Wouldn't that alone limit the area that needed to be searched?

KittyMom, the time of year he disappeared, I read it was 25 degrees at night, which isn't unusual in the deserts southwest.  It was also stated that it was raining as he used the tire cover it seemed to shield himself.  Daytime can also stay very chilly also.

The enviroment definitly wasn't on his side thats for sure, it sounds as though he was wandering in the wrong direction.  As rugged as that area is anything could have happened to him.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2012, 08:48:57 PM »

KittyMom, the time of year he disappeared, I read it was 25 degrees at night, which isn't unusual in the deserts southwest.  It was also stated that it was raining as he used the tire cover it seemed to shield himself.  Daytime can also stay very chilly also.

The enviroment definitly wasn't on his side thats for sure, it sounds as though he was wandering in the wrong direction.  As rugged as that area is anything could have happened to him.

That sort of what I was getting at.  Given the situation how could he possibly have gone very far?  Why hasn't any sign of him been found?  It's almost like he left the area with someone.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2016, 12:16:29 PM »

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2013/nov/28/mickey-guidry-desert-missing-disappeared/

4 years later, still no sign of San Marcos teen

Mickey Guidry disappeared in the desert the day after Thanksgiving
 By J. Harry Jones | 4:33 p.m. Nov. 28, 2013

There have been no new developments, his mother, Missy Parker, says.

“It’s the worst time of the year for me,” she said Wednesday. “Especially now with all of the McStay news. It just brings everything back.”

The McStay family of Fallbrook disappeared a bit more than two months after Mickey. The remains of all four members of the family were recently found buried in the desert near Victorville.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.