April 24, 2024, 07:09:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bernanke and Immigration Reform  (Read 1487 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 02, 2010, 10:56:20 AM »

Last Week, Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben Bernanke gave testimony to the Housing and Urban Affairs Committee. He listed immigration reform as one of the issues Congress should take up to improve the nation's lagging economy.

He said:

"I think frankly, this is a topic that I can never get much traction on — I think our immigration policy which restricts severely the number of highly-trained skilled immigrants is a problem because bringing those kind of folks in helps our high-tech industries develop more competitively — become more competitive."

http://causaoregon.blogspot.com/2010/03/fed-chairman-rges-congress-to-reform.html

As a nation, we have about 25% unemployment, some folks have given up. 

Bernanke's answer?  Import more people.

Why not train the ones that are here?  Give opportunities to Americans?

What happened to hire the American?

What's wrong with hiring Americans for the high-tech industry?  TRAINING Americans for the high-tech industry?

Instead of outsourcing jobs, they'll just import more people, while Americans go jobless...

The anti-American administration at its best!

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:15:27 AM »

Why does the Obama administration spend billions on infrastructure projects and other stimulus that hasn't provided jobs?

Instead of building roads to no where, massive debt, and sending jobs overseas, giving jobs to illegal aliens, and not promoting America...

Why isn't Obama investing in America's human infrastructure?  America's unemployed?

Why keep importing skilled and unskilled labor?

Who does that benefit?  Politicians?  Obamacrats?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.