April 19, 2024, 12:20:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newborn Baby dead in residential trash container Redondo Beach, CA  (Read 2174 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: March 03, 2010, 05:47:31 PM »

Newborn Found Dead In Trash In Redondo Beach
Updated: Wednesday, 03 Mar 2010, 2:21 PM PST

Redondo Beach - A newborn was found dead today in a residential trash container in Redondo Beach, and police were looking for the mother.

The body was discovered shortly after 9 a.m. in the 700 block of Irena Avenue, said Redondo Beach police Sgt. Phil Keenan.

A sanitation crew found the baby in a trash container in front of a home and notified authorities, Keenan said.

Los Angeles County Supervisor Don Knabe called the discovery a tragedy that could have been avoided.

"Tragedies like this do not have to happen in this county and in our communities. Since 2001, we have had a successful alternative in the Safe Surrender Program, which is designed to prevent abandonments and save precious lives.

"It provides a way for desperate parents to safely surrender their baby without fear of prosecution. Parents or family members can safely surrender their baby at any hospital and every fire station in Los Angeles County. The babies are given medical treatment and immediately placed in a loving foster or pre-adoptive home."

For more information about the Safe Surrender Program, call (877) BABY-SAFE; call the county helpline at 211; or visit the Web site www.babysafela.org.
http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/newborn-found-dead-in-trash-in-redondo-beach-20100303

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.