April 17, 2024, 10:37:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #573 1/13 - 1/14/2007  (Read 96955 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 13, 2007, 02:14:38 AM »

Let's hope 2007 brings Justice for Natalee

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 01:05:14 PM »

I'm first Cool .
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 01:05:42 PM »

and I cheated.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 01:06:46 PM »

Quote from: "San"
and I cheated.

Laughing  Laughing

brb
crazybabyborg
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 01:09:48 PM »

I got caught in the never regions of lost posts!  Laughing

I was telling Lala's that I got mistaken for Marilyn all the time!

Only problem is that she'd be 75, fat, and wrinkled, by now..  Laughing
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 01:10:38 PM »

As usual I was locked out in the middle of a post.  I never heed the thread change warnings.  Rolling Eyes
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »

CBB now those are some HOT avatars, you are sooooo good!

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 01:14:52 PM »

Hi Monkey's
Just peeking in for a bit

Wishing all a good week-end ...
Some of the ice is starting to melt (not much though) & more on the way Shocked  and then snow  Crying or Very sad

Several hours of limb pick-up will be required... but that will be another day. Wink

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 01:15:33 PM »

Posted by WorldJournier at BFN:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The ARUBAAN’s news-source “Tradewinds Times” reported:

<QUOTE>

Ritz Carlton definately not coming to Aruba!

PALM BEACH-Aruba will not receive the luxurious hotel chain Ritz Carlton. The Ministry of General Affairs has decided to terminate negotiations with Ritz Carlton on December 30th 2006. The decision is confirmed by the government spokesperson, Manolo Giel.

A few of the requirements set by Ritz Carlton to construct a hotel on the island were the greatest obstacles for reaching an agreement. Ritz Carlton demanded a tax holiday, that would exempt the hotel from paying all types of taxes. The government is not willing to grant new tax holidays to any hotels on the island, including Ritz Carlton.

The Ritz Carlton was to be constructed north of the Aruba Marriott Resort building, on the last lot left directly on Palm Beach (where Fishermen huts is located). The site is used by locals and windsurfers for recreational purposes. The environmental organization StimaAruba is relieved that the hotel is not coming. It claims that the site should be protected for turtles, locals, as well as for those practising the sport of windsurfing.

Nevertheless the government will continue its pursuit to find a top notch hotel for the site. There are a few parties interested, including Four Seasons and Regency. Now that negotiations with Ritz Carlton have been terminated, the government will begin talks with one of these hotel chains said Manolo Giel.

<END QUOTE>

The ARUBAAN’s news-source “Tradewinds Times” reported:

<QUOTE>

Aruba will not host Soul Beach Music Festival 2007

ORANJESTAD-Aruba will not host Soul Beach Music Festival this year. The festival is traditionally held in the third weekend of May together with Memorial Day weekend. Organizers are seeking another Caribbean destination for this year's festival.

The government has not granted subsidy to have the festival organized on the island. In previous festivals held in Aruba, the organization received subsidy of close to $1 million from the government. The subsidy is now allocated to the organization of Caribbean Marketplace, a large travel fair for tourism and business agents all across the World, to be held on the island next week.

The Soul Beach Music Festival was hosted 6 times on the island of Aruba. The intention of the festival was to entertain tourists during Memorial Day Weekend. In addition the festival attracted many tourists in a traditionally slow month for tourism.

This year's edition will be held from May 23rd-28th of 2007. The organizers will soon announce the destination that will host this year's festival. The Ministry of Tourism is counting on hosting the popular festival in Aruba next year.

<END QUOTE>

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 01:21:54 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
Hi Monkey's

Some of the ice is starting to melt (not much though) & more on the way Shocked  and then snow  Crying or Very sad

Several hours of limb pick-up will be required... but that will be another day. Wink

I am even jealous of your icy weather conditions. Warm and rainy in NY today. It's 50 degrees Yuk Yuk No winter at all I have to keep treating the dogs and cats with Frontline, the fleas haven't even died off outdoors !

crazybabyborg
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 01:23:27 PM »

Guys, it's the program, trust me. I worked MUCH harder on the simpler avatars that I did at first, because I drew or painted in what I couldn't figure out, or had to make every adjustment frame by frame. A computer tech at work finally helped me figure out how to paste on an animation and maintain the colors, and that was a huge help. Actually, the "red's" avatars was one of the easiest.
The guy told me that Photoshop was the same program used by Professional magazines like Playboy, no less, and that I probably knew how to manipulate 1/100th of what can be done on it. There are still some nagging problems I run into with just doing these avatars, and I know there's an easier way to do almost everything than what I'm doing. But thanks for the kind words.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 01:23:43 PM »

REDS flower shop ?????????

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 01:24:02 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Hi Monkey's

I am even jealous of your icy weather conditions. Warm and rainy in NY today. It's 50 degrees Yuk Yuk No winter at all I have to keep treating the dogs and cats with Frontline, the fleas haven't even died off outdoors !

It's 70 degrees here today. I've got the french doors open between the living room and screened porch, airing out the house.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 01:25:22 PM »

bleached - if you see this - you posted just a few days ago, something from scubajap about Max DeVries. I did a search but the @#% Search function doesn't seem to work well.

Can you copy & post that on the new Peter de Vries thread please? It's in the Important Case Documents.

I found a few things, but I am especially looking for quotes direct from scuba et al.

I will bring over a post from the previous thread about this in a sec.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 01:25:29 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Guys, it's the program, trust me. I worked MUCH harder on the simpler avatars that I did at first, because I drew or painted in what I couldn't figure out, or had to make every adjustment frame by frame. A computer tech at work finally helped me figure out how to paste on an animation and maintain the colors, and that was a huge help. Actually, the "red's" avatars was one of the easiest.
The guy told me that Photoshop was the same program used by Professional magazines like Playboy, no less, and that I probably knew how to manipulate 1/100th of what can be done on it. There are still some nagging problems I run into with just doing these avatars, and I know there's an easier way to do almost everything than what I'm doing. But thanks for the kind words.

What version of Photoshop you using?
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2007, 01:25:40 PM »

CBB - a friend is about to donate a copy of Photoshop to me, and I know I'll be totally flummoxed by it at first. You might be hearing a few cries for help from me.  Smile

I Stand With The Girl
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2007, 01:25:59 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
REDS flower shop ?????????

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Hi robots Laughing
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 01:26:38 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Hi Monkey's

It's 70 degrees here today. I've got the french doors open between the living room and screened porch, airing out the house.  Very Happy

Big deal, two days ago we broke our record high with 70 degrees.

Course yesterdays hight was 29 with snow and ice.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2007, 01:28:58 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Big deal, two days ago we broke our record high with 70 degrees.

Course yesterdays hight was 29 with snow and ice.

I know, Carnut. We get your used weather after you're done with it.  Laughing

Your cold front is supposed to arrive here on Monday, but we're going to get rain instead of ice, thank goodness!

I Stand With The Girl
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 01:29:46 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

CBB - a friend is about to donate a copy of Photoshop to me, and I know I'll be totally flummoxed by it at first. You might be hearing a few cries for help from me.  Smile

If you plan on doing any Photo image processing, I can highly recommend the plugin 'Intellihance' by www.extensis.com.

I couldn't do my 'job' without it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.