May 01, 2024, 02:53:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #573 1/13 - 1/14/2007  (Read 97588 times)
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2007, 08:19:48 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Hey Monkeys...been off for a bit ...did i miss anything??

Hey F.O.M
I guess it dependns on what type of stuff you are looking for Confused
Lawsuit progress --- Nothing
Monkey chatter ...  average
Arvatar creation ... above normal... Contact CBB for Valentianes Dauy attire  (not sure where you want the heart placed  Wink )

And good seeing ya... Are back home (where ever that is ) or still traveling?

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2007, 08:27:32 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Hey Monkeys...been off for a bit ...did i miss anything??

Not much, folks have been working on more threads about murder and crime threads and gathering more info to forward to DeVries.

Still waiting to hear anything about the LA Court cases.

thanks carnut...

my puter is on the fritz...if i disappear.....

Embarassed

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2007, 08:38:42 PM »

The LINEUP tonight, starting at 9PM Eastern time will have a 2 hour special about the 2 Missouri kids that were kidnapped and found alive yesterday.

THE LINEUP
9pm Eastern
FoxNews
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2007, 08:42:55 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Off to do a complete virus scan on this machine.  Back in a couple of hours.   Play nicely monkeys  Wink  Wink

OK I am back with a clean bill of health.  Definately no nasties lurking in my computer so must be some sort of technical blip.   I have no patience with mechanical or technical things that do not work as and when they should.  Now I hope Robots does not get upset with that remark  Cool  What is the approx. life span of a cordless mouse?  I know it would depend on how often used so would say a few hours use each day.
Have been multi-tasking : chores, garden maintenance, run to shops.  Nearly skittled a young kid, about 6 at the most, on a pushbike.  Decided to ride right across road in front of me.  Gave him a polite toot so I got the one finger and a mouthful of abuse.  Didn't hear what he said but his mouth was going like a ventriloquist's dummy on steroids.   Hope next motorist he tries that with has brakes at least as good as mine.  Little ratbag.

Are there any monkeys here who live near Lloydminster Alberta?  Been trying to locate a penfriend from eons ago.  

OK back to reading and lurking.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2007, 08:43:05 PM »

G'Nite Monkeys

Just leaveing some thing for Lala's  as part ofmy house cleaning...
A a sharp pencil is easier to write with ~~  I think  Confused  and  JMO   of course

SeeeYaaByeeeeeeeee

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2007, 08:45:39 PM »

Quote from: klaasend
The LINEUP tonight, starting at 9PM Eastern time will have a 2 hour special about the 2 Missouri kids that were kidnapped and found alive yesterday.

THE LINEUP
9pm Eastern
FoxNews[/quote  Thanks Klaasend - Geraldo at Large next so is Line-up after that?  Will leave it on Fox just to make sure anyway.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2007, 09:13:24 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "BTgirl"

Thanks - I don't know enough to know if I want them or not. Laughing  Here's the thing: I'm looking at doing something with sock monkey stuff that I would sell. Specifically, I'm considering custom making sock monkeys and writing stories about them. For instance, an adult would send me a photo and list of activities for a specific child. I would custom make a poseable sock monkey that would resemble the child, pose and photograph the monkey doing activities the child likes, write and "publish" a story that would include the pics, then ship the custom monkey together with the story.

However, I'm still a little lost at this point and not sure what all I will end up needing computer-wise in order to make this happen in a professional way.  Confused

Think the short story is that once you start working with digital photos you will see that some are 'too bright', some are 'too dark' and some are 'too faded' and some are 'fuzzy'.

You can adjust brightness/contrast/color manually thru the menu's, but it's an art/skill to do so. Using Intellihance you chose enhance an wa la, the photo looks a whole lot better. Course sometimes it's overdone or just not right so you undo or just fade back a bit until you get there, but 90% of the time Intellihance gets it right on.

Now for the fuzzy, Intellihance helps a bit, but in most cases I do a menu for 'sharpen edges' then do a bit of 'contrast' and live with the result.

The other biggie on the net, is 'file size'.

You can have 'big images' that can be either 'big files' or 'small files'.

Resolution and Image size kinda go hand in hand, a 1024x768 image at 600dpi can be 100meg in file size, the same 1024x768 image at 80 dpi can be in the 100k size. Then when saving one can chose 'quality' of image, the higher the quality the higher the file size. A range of 1 to 10 is usually what is used and quality of 1 for a 1024x768 80dpi image can get down to 10k in file size and the degredation of the image quality can be seen in a web brower. A quality of 10 for 1024x768 80dpi image will be the 100k in size and look great in a web browser but then take up a bit of bandwidth getting to the surfer. I used to use an image quality of 3 on my images trying to keep the viewable image acceptable while keeping the file size low enough not to slow down uploading. Now a days I've started using a quality of 5 on my images and have a bit larger image file sizes around 50 or 60k. This looks good on broadband and loads quickly at the expense of
the dialup folks having a bit more slow loading.

Now if all you intend to do is print images and mail them, none of the above would apply.

I print out a lot of my photography.  I've found that if I use a higher ppi (pixels per inch) and then size the picture to 4x6" you get a better photo. I used to print at the standard 72 ppi after sizing it. Good quality, but above makes better quality.  I found that if I sized it, then increased the ppi, the picture became bigger (resized itself) for some reason.  

In addition I bought a storyteller photo book creator.  What it does is allow you to make one bound book at a time.

I also bought a book that basically teaches you how to manipulate your photos to merge with all kinds of gifs or jpegs, and backgrounds into a storytelling page.

Haven't used them yet.  Waiting for my cousin to finish writing our family history after 30 years of research and translating my grandfather's diaries into English.  It's supposed to be done by early summer.  Then I'm going to make it into a fancy book with beautiful backgrounds, fonts and such telling our story along with all the old, old photographs.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2007, 09:17:32 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
GUIDO and JORAN are getting married

in PRISON

If Guido really is gay, then he might really enjoy prison life.  Shocked
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2007, 09:20:59 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
I print out a lot of my photography.  I've found that if I use a higher ppi (pixels per inch) and then size the picture to 4x6" you get a better photo. I used to print at the standard 72 ppi after sizing it. Good quality, but above makes better quality.  I found that if I sized it, then increased the ppi, the picture became bigger (resized itself) for some reason.  

In addition I bought a storyteller photo book creator.  What it does is allow you to make one bound book at a time.

I also bought a book that basically teaches you how to manipulate your photos to merge with all kinds of gifs or jpegs, and backgrounds into a storytelling page.

Haven't used them yet.  Waiting for my cousin to finish writing our family history after 30 years of research and translating my grandfather's diaries into English.  It's supposed to be done by early summer.  Then I'm going to make it into a fancy book with beautiful backgrounds, fonts and such telling our story along with all the old, old photographs.

Thanks, SunFreak. I've added this to the stuff from Carnut that I'm saving.

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2007, 09:35:46 PM »

Mrs. Red - please check your email when you get a chance  Laughing
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2007, 09:37:03 PM »

SunFreak - the person I spoke to you about, in the hospital for so long - she died late this afternoon.  Crying or Very sad

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2007, 09:45:18 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

Yes on printing more dpi is best, but then result in larger file sizes.

The reason 72dpi is adequate on the web is that most computer monitors are still displaying at 72dpi so any more dpi than that is just wasted bandwidth and file space.

Like everything as time goes by moniters will display more dpi and bandwidth will increase for most and storage cababilities will increase so it's a judgement call as to when to revise one's images to best fit ones needs. I tend to try to continue to support the lowest common denominator, like old monitors and dialup connections, that way everyone at least gets to see what I put out without too much difficulty.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2007, 09:47:16 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

I love, love it...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2007, 09:50:30 PM »

Hey FOM!!!  How are you honey??

I hope LALA's and ANNA are just not feeling good.... and that they will both be back... the cage isn't the cage without them...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2007, 09:50:31 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

I love, love it...

SISTAH.......

I did not recognize your new look...

I miss your old avi.... Crying or Very sad

Peace to you my friend...

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2007, 09:51:55 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

I love, love it...

SISTAH.......

MY SISTAH!!!!  I asked about you the other day.... how are you???  it's good to see my sistah!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2007, 09:52:11 PM »

I love, love it...

But should I post it, that is the question? Laughing  Laughing
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2007, 09:52:39 PM »

I love, love it...

But should I post it, that is the question? Laughing  Laughing

DEFINATELY!!!!

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2007, 09:55:02 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

I love, love it...

SISTAH.......

MY SISTAH!!!!  I asked about you the other day.... how are you???  it's good to see my sistah!

Fine thanks... Laughing

Work has been incredibly busy...

I signed up for an acting class at a local county college just for kicks...

And how you be?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2007, 09:55:27 PM »

Ok, here it is  Laughing  This was a request made by CBB in the previous thread, lol  Laughing  Laughing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.