April 30, 2024, 03:16:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #573 1/13 - 1/14/2007  (Read 97515 times)
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #280 on: January 13, 2007, 11:26:20 PM »

Homelessness being just not enough homes?  How simplistic and totally wrong.  Most of the homeless have extended families who would like to help them, but they refuse the help and all the conditions it would bring into their lives.  They just can't handle it for various reasons from mental illness to addictions to emotional issues, etc.

BRING NATALEE HOME
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #281 on: January 13, 2007, 11:26:28 PM »

Has anyone heard more about the Canadian boy killed in Acapulco?  Authorities say hit by a car, witnesses say beaten to death by locals.   Mad I'm hoping there's something in my Sunday paper, but I haven't heard anything elsewhere.  Someone put a website address and Petition to sign for Canadian citizens on the FP with the article from last week.  Apparently the body has been returned to Canada and an autopsy will hopefully tell more.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #282 on: January 13, 2007, 11:27:21 PM »

Saints came marching in!!! Very Happy  Very Happy

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #283 on: January 13, 2007, 11:27:33 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "AZLady"
Ya think if this ever sees the inside of a court room in LA we might get to hear or see some of this video/audio tape?  I think FOX has a ton of it.  I wonder if some of it could provide some interesting testimony.

I wish MSNBC would grow a pair and show the jail footage.... that is something I would like to see.  I think it would be interesting...

Yes that would be interesting.

Wouldn't Joran have to file the lawsuit in the states?

yes he would, but the attys for MSNBC will never allow it..... I would love to see that footage though!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #284 on: January 13, 2007, 11:28:13 PM »

Ya think if this ever sees the inside of a court room in LA we might get to hear or see some of this video/audio tape?  I think FOX has a ton of it.  I wonder if some of it could provide some interesting testimony.

I wish MSNBC would grow a pair and show the jail footage.... that is something I would like to see.  I think it would be interesting...

I would think much of the testimony on those tapes could be introduced in the civil trial against Deepak and Satish.

BRING NATALEE HOME
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #285 on: January 13, 2007, 11:28:39 PM »

Homelessness being just not enough homes?  How simplistic and totally wrong.  Most of the homeless have extended families who would like to help them, but they refuse the help and all the conditions it would bring into their lives.  They just can't handle it for various reasons from mental illness to addictions to emotional issues, etc.

Right?  I wanted to slap the author.... if only it were that simple... it's why I bring up the projects...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #286 on: January 13, 2007, 11:28:39 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "LilPuma"
Four murder victims found in manholes.  Police are searching for more.  Believed to be homeless men.  

Ok. That was the in depth coverage.   Rolling Eyes

Sad.  The homeless are so vulnerable.  I've read up to 2/3 of them are mentally ill and do not/cannot accept help as their mental illness changes their perception of reality.  Shame we can't do more for them.

Are they homeless because they are mentally ill or do they become that way because of their lifestyle?  When society begins to care more and protect their weaker members and worry less about their own interests mankind will have taken a giant leap forward.

Unfortunately, in so many cases it is the lifestyle... addictions etc.  but sadly in so many other cases it is caused by catastophy such as illnesses... that cause bankruptcy.... it's hard to say...

what I will say is that the lovely liberal that wrote the book about homelessness just being not enough homes... welll..... phooey!!  another problem stems from stuff such as the projects which just become battlegrounds... and that is another issue altogether...

Lots of homeless here - especially youngsters.  They have a falling out with parents (we all remember having those) and then they can just waltz down to local Centrelink (Welfare office) and get support to live away from home.  In a lot of cases the welfare officers advise them to move out.  Rot!!!  Unless kids are being abused they should be in their own homes. Older persons have so many other problems.   It is very sad.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #287 on: January 13, 2007, 11:29:15 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Four murder victims found in manholes.  Police are searching for more.  Believed to be homeless men.  

Sad.  The homeless are so vulnerable.  I've read up to 2/3 of them are mentally ill and do not/cannot accept help as their mental illness changes their perception of reality.  Shame we can't do more for them.

Are they homeless because they are mentally ill or do they become that way because of their lifestyle?  When society begins to care more and protect their weaker members and worry less about their own interests mankind will have taken a giant leap forward.

Unfortunately, in so many cases it is the lifestyle... addictions etc.  but sadly in so many other cases it is caused by catastophy such as illnesses... that cause bankruptcy.... it's hard to say...

what I will say is that the lovely liberal that wrote the book about homelessness just being not enough homes... welll..... phooey!!  another problem stems from stuff such as the projects which just become battlegrounds... and that is another issue altogether...

I'm in on the 90% or more of what we call homeless are by choice.

I agree that by most of our standards the folks are mentally ill and do choose that lifestyle due to paranoia and possibly in some cases just by rational choice and yes the addiction thing drugs/alcohol culture.

Pretty sure those who are homeless because of financial misfortune are there just temporarily.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #288 on: January 13, 2007, 11:29:33 PM »

Not specifically the jail footage, but the footage shot in Aruba during the month or more Greta was there full time.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #289 on: January 13, 2007, 11:29:35 PM »

Back in a Jiffy

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: January 13, 2007, 11:32:29 PM »

I would think much of the testimony on those tapes could be introduced in the civil trial against Deepak and Satish.

I'm just waiting for progess on the cases already filed.

If they ever get started there's gonna be a lot of media coverge that AHATA will be just overjoyed to see.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #291 on: January 13, 2007, 11:32:29 PM »

Quote from: Tibrogargan
Quote from: mrs. red
Quote from: Tibrogargan

<<<<< snipped>>>>>

Lots of homeless here - especially youngsters.  They have a falling out with parents (we all remember having those) and then they can just waltz down to local Centrelink (Welfare office) and get support to live away from home.  In a lot of cases the welfare officers advise them to move out.  Rot!!!  Unless kids are being abused they should be in their own homes. Older persons have so many other problems.   It is very sad.

there is a shelter here where the familes can stay for $7 a month or something and a lot of them refuse to move out to make way for others, but the cost of rent here is SKY high... 2 bedroom apt rents for +/- $1,700.00

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #292 on: January 13, 2007, 11:33:26 PM »

Has anyone heard more about the Canadian boy killed in Acapulco?  Authorities say hit by a car, witnesses say beaten to death by locals.   Mad I'm hoping there's something in my Sunday paper, but I haven't heard anything elsewhere.  Someone put a website address and Petition to sign for Canadian citizens on the FP with the article from last week.  Apparently the body has been returned to Canada and an autopsy will hopefully tell more.

Cause of Canadian's death in Mexico kept private

<quote>
Ontario's chief coroner concluded the autopsy on a Toronto-area man who died this week in Mexico, but the family does not want the cause of death to be released to the public.
<end quote>
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/01/13/mexico-cda-killed.html

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #293 on: January 13, 2007, 11:33:52 PM »

I agree, Carnut.  Those who are fallen on bad times, financially, are generally helped to get housing and jobs and back on their feet by the social agencies.  The long-term homeless have shelters they can go to for a night's sleep and a place to hang during the day, but I've been told they usually only avail themselves of this during times of extreme weather or illness as they don't like the rules in the shelters.  The ones who really don't want to be homeless and want to get off the streets have resources readily available to assist.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #294 on: January 13, 2007, 11:36:07 PM »

testing testing..... was having login problems, if this works.  Thanks  Klaas, as always!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: January 13, 2007, 11:36:14 PM »

Hey Monkeys,CBB,MRS RED<Anna,etc,I am to tired to type much,so a cousin of mine is a florist,hehehe.Mr Red,don't be shy ,go by the Mikimoto store.The best roses come Columbia.later and night.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #296 on: January 13, 2007, 11:36:23 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

I'm just waiting for progess on the cases already filed.

If they ever get started there's gonna be a lot of media coverge that AHATA will be just overjoyed to see.

Well, if AHATA doesn't want media coverage, then I guess they're not the ones funding the Kalpoe legal team.  Even if a case is taken on contingency, there are fees and expenses that have to be covered by someone.  

I also want to wait and see if anyone is launched into orbit by the Aruban Spin Machine once Skeeters and Dr. Phil show evidence that the only one lying about Deepak's statements is Deepak and the Sweepers in Aruba.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #297 on: January 13, 2007, 11:36:34 PM »

Mrs. Red, that's really expensive!  $1700 a month for rent?  What sort of job would allow them to rent this expensive housing?  Certainly not flipping burgers at McD's or cleaning hotel rooms.  It's a huge problem when the housing is not available and the jobs are low paying.

BRING NATALEE HOME
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #298 on: January 13, 2007, 11:37:28 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
Hey Monkeys,CBB,MRS RED<Anna,etc,I am to tired to type much,so a cousin of mine is a florist,hehehe.Mr Red,don't be shy ,go by the Mikimoto store.The best roses come Columbia.later and night.Cat

YOU are so funny!  Have a great night CAT!!!

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #299 on: January 13, 2007, 11:37:28 PM »

I agree, Carnut.  Those who are fallen on bad times, financially, are generally helped to get housing and jobs and back on their feet by the social agencies.  The long-term homeless have shelters they can go to for a night's sleep and a place to hang during the day, but I've been told they usually only avail themselves of this during times of extreme weather or illness as they don't like the rules in the shelters.  The ones who really don't want to be homeless and want to get off the streets have resources readily available to assist.

It's pretty much another one of the liberals hot buttons,

The Homeless, It's for the Kids, Global Warming, Save the Trees, Save the Whales, etc. etc.

Again if only those who want a welfare state with socialized medicine and no private gun ownership would just move to some place that already has those laws and just leave this beautiful country as is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.