May 01, 2024, 02:41:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #573 1/13 - 1/14/2007  (Read 97587 times)
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #300 on: January 13, 2007, 11:38:04 PM »

Do we have any estimates as to when the fireworks should start in the court cases?  I'm impatient...

BRING NATALEE HOME
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2007, 11:38:32 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Quote from: "LilPuma"
Has anyone heard more about the Canadian boy killed in Acapulco?  Authorities say hit by a car, witnesses say beaten to death by locals.   Mad I'm hoping there's something in my Sunday paper, but I haven't heard anything elsewhere.  Someone put a website address and Petition to sign for Canadian citizens on the FP with the article from last week.  Apparently the body has been returned to Canada and an autopsy will hopefully tell more.

Cause of Canadian's death in Mexico kept private

<quote>
Ontario's chief coroner concluded the autopsy on a Toronto-area man who died this week in Mexico, but the family does not want the cause of death to be released to the public.
<end quote>
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/01/13/mexico-cda-killed.html

Thanks.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #302 on: January 13, 2007, 11:39:14 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "AZLady"
I agree, Carnut.  Those who are fallen on bad times, financially, are generally helped to get housing and jobs and back on their feet by the social agencies.  The long-term homeless have shelters they can go to for a night's sleep and a place to hang during the day, but I've been told they usually only avail themselves of this during times of extreme weather or illness as they don't like the rules in the shelters.  The ones who really don't want to be homeless and want to get off the streets have resources readily available to assist.

It's pretty much another one of the liberals hot buttons,

The Homeless, It's for the Kids, Global Warming, Save the Trees, Save the Whales, etc. etc.

Again if only those who want a welfare state with socialized medicine and no private gun ownership would just move to some place that already has those laws and just leave this beautiful country as is.

Uh...would that be Canada?   Laughing

BRING NATALEE HOME
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #303 on: January 13, 2007, 11:40:10 PM »

Mrs. Red, that's really expensive!  $1700 a month for rent?  What sort of job would allow them to rent this expensive housing?  Certainly not flipping burgers at McD's or cleaning hotel rooms.  It's a huge problem when the housing is not available and the jobs are low paying.

well there aren't many jobs, it's true.... and the jobs that are traditionally high paying aren't - most ppl commute the hour or so to Boston where there is pay enough... but if you can't afford a car... yes, it's a vicious circle

now I have also been in places where there is the more traditional homeless that have addiction problems and mental illnesses... and that is usually more previalient....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #304 on: January 13, 2007, 11:40:28 PM »

After weeks of rain and cloudy skies, we're going to get snow.  Seems Carnut is sending his weather this way.  Mind you, if it's coming here, it will probably head towards Michigan, Ohio and New York next.  Get out the shovels, sand and rock salt.

Yep, that's where my weather guy said it was headed.

Anything is better than this friggin' rain !!!

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #305 on: January 13, 2007, 11:40:49 PM »

Mrs. Red, that's really expensive!  $1700 a month for rent?  What sort of job would allow them to rent this expensive housing?  Certainly not flipping burgers at McD's or cleaning hotel rooms.  It's a huge problem when the housing is not available and the jobs are low paying.

Tend to think that's a cost-of-living thing, in those places even McD's pays well compared to others.

Kinda like the garbage collectors in NYC make a whole lot more than most middle class folks in Wichita, Kansas.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #306 on: January 13, 2007, 11:41:28 PM »

Hey Misgivings.. good to see you!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #307 on: January 13, 2007, 11:41:34 PM »

I agree, Carnut.  Those who are fallen on bad times, financially, are generally helped to get housing and jobs and back on their feet by the social agencies.  The long-term homeless have shelters they can go to for a night's sleep and a place to hang during the day, but I've been told they usually only avail themselves of this during times of extreme weather or illness as they don't like the rules in the shelters.  The ones who really don't want to be homeless and want to get off the streets have resources readily available to assist.

The Homeless, It's for the Kids, Global Warming, Save the Trees, Save the Whales, etc. etc.

Again if only those who want a welfare state with socialized medicine and no private gun ownership would just move to some place that already has those laws and just leave this beautiful country as is.

Or England  Wink

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: January 13, 2007, 11:42:36 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
testing testing..... was having login problems, if this works.  Thanks  Klaas, as always!

Good to see you made it!  Wink
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #309 on: January 13, 2007, 11:42:42 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

well there aren't many jobs, it's true.... and the jobs that are traditionally high paying aren't - most ppl commute the hour or so to Boston where there is pay enough... but if you can't afford a car... yes, it's a vicious circle

now I have also been in places where there is the more traditional homeless that have addiction problems and mental illnesses... and that is usually more previalient....

That's what we have in Phoenix.  The weather is mild and from what I've read, the homeless come here from other cities to live on the streets.  The ones I've seen are very sad looking and do look like they are mentally ill or addicted.  Rather scary looking, but sad, nonetheless.  They usually talk to themselves, very loudly, and act strangely.  There is affordable housing here, and govt subsidized housing, too.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: January 13, 2007, 11:42:42 PM »

Do we have any estimates as to when the fireworks should start in the court cases?  I'm impatient...

By some estimates something should have occured on Friday, so something ought to break this next week most likely.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #311 on: January 13, 2007, 11:44:22 PM »

By some estimates something should have occured on Friday, so something ought to break this next week most likely.

I think the holidays extended that 30 day provision.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #312 on: January 13, 2007, 11:44:31 PM »

Tend to think that's a cost-of-living thing, in those places even McD's pays well compared to others.

Kinda like the garbage collectors in NYC make a whole lot more than most middle class folks in Wichita, Kansas.

not really, not here... but it's kind of funny... there are mostly trustfund babies or ppl that bought their houses for under a $100K about 5 or 6 yrs ago before they gentrified the area and those houses are now worth $600 - $700K.... it's weird...

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: January 13, 2007, 11:44:38 PM »

The courts will be closed Monday for MLK Day, but Tuesday should be business as usual again.  I'm starving for some news!   Laughing

BRING NATALEE HOME
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: January 13, 2007, 11:44:59 PM »

Something should have been filed yesterday, I would think Monday at the latest.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #315 on: January 13, 2007, 11:45:09 PM »

I'm just waiting for progess on the cases already filed.

If they ever get started there's gonna be a lot of media coverge that AHATA will be just overjoyed to see.

Well, if AHATA doesn't want media coverage, then I guess they're not the ones funding the Kalpoe legal team.  Even if a case is taken on contingency, there are fees and expenses that have to be covered by someone.  

I also want to wait and see if anyone is launched into orbit by the Aruban Spin Machine once Skeeters and Dr. Phil show evidence that the only one lying about Deepak's statements is Deepak and the Sweepers in Aruba.

Hope they take Joe T with them on that space flight   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: January 13, 2007, 11:45:24 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

Or England  Wink

Yeah, there's still at least one unattached Prince over there that's available.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #317 on: January 13, 2007, 11:46:35 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Something should have been filed yesterday, I would think Monday at the latest.

tuesday... monday is a holiday.... but that won't affect tuesday, in the counting of days when things are due the holiday counts even if the filing can't be done until the day after....

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #318 on: January 13, 2007, 11:47:26 PM »

Mrs. Red, rather like I could not afford to buy my own home now!  Since I entered the real estate market about 35 years ago, I've just turned one house over for another every 5 or 8 years.  I could not afford to buy my home now, but I can afford the house payments!   Laughing

BRING NATALEE HOME
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #319 on: January 13, 2007, 11:48:34 PM »

Quote from: mrs. red
Quote from: Tibrogargan
Quote from: mrs. red
Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Four murder victims found in manholes.  Police are searching for more.  Believed to be homeless men.  

Ok. That was the in depth coverage.   Rolling Eyes

<<<<< snipped>>>>>

Lots of homeless here - especially youngsters.  They have a falling out with parents (we all remember having those) and then they can just waltz down to local Centrelink (Welfare office) and get support to live away from home.  In a lot of cases the welfare officers advise them to move out.  Rot!!!  Unless kids are being abused they should be in their own homes. Older persons have so many other problems.   It is very sad.

there is a shelter here where the familes can stay for $7 a month or something and a lot of them refuse to move out to make way for others, but the cost of rent here is SKY high... 2 bedroom apt rents for +/- $1,700.00

Lots of housing provided here and rent rebates and so on.  Not perfect but a lot better than living in the gutter.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.