May 01, 2024, 06:04:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #573 1/13 - 1/14/2007  (Read 97606 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #880 on: January 15, 2007, 01:15:42 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Just trying to figure out what hold this creep had on those kids.
Devlin was at work, the kids were home alone when the police came.

THink maybe the Shawn kid met the other kid online and they decided to get together for some reason?
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #881 on: January 15, 2007, 01:17:00 AM »

Quote from: "robots"
i suspect the CREEP lied to the kids from the get go

"your parents dont love you"

"they hate you"

"they said you were a loser"

easy to manipulate an 11 year old.......

Confused

That's something I definitely know absolutely nothing about.

Guess I better just sit back and watch on this one.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: January 15, 2007, 01:17:34 AM »

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #883 on: January 15, 2007, 01:17:50 AM »

Beth is a part of both of those interviews along with "just" Jug and does not contradict his saying that KJ said the substance in Deepak's car was cleaning fluid.

The word of the parents for what was said to them is good enough for me.  I can't think of anybody better to know what was said to them since they were the only other people involved in the interview with Janssen.

I don't believe for one minute Jug read something on a forum posted by an anonymous poster and later changed that to say that KJ said this to him.  

The word of the parents for something has always been good enough in the past and it still is for me.  I certainly have no intention of sending something to Peter de Vries using an anonymous poster on a blog as a legitimate source.  I don't even think scubajap was the same person posting all the time, just as Bon Dia wasn't.

For purposes of providing the information to Mr. deVries, I believe I will stick with the word of the parents since I really doubt Jug would be lying about this or anything else for that matter.  And I am not looking for any different or alternative sources for it doesn't make any difference who posted something or where.  These are the parents speaking.

'Nuff said!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #884 on: January 15, 2007, 01:18:39 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "robots"
i suspect the CREEP lied to the kids from the get go

"your parents dont love you"

"they hate you"

"they said you were a loser"

easy to manipulate an 11 year old.......

Confused

That's something I definitely know absolutely nothing about.

Guess I better just sit back and watch on this one.

im just guessing.... but IF the kid did not RUN AWAY
which i dont think he did........well then the CREEEP had to tell him something........

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: January 15, 2007, 01:20:58 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2792667&page=1

Parents of Missing Boy Say His Life Was Threatened

(snipped)
"He's been held against his will, and since that time he was threatened with his life," said Craig Akers, Hornbeck's stepfather. "He thought that … it would be the end of his life if he tried to tell anyone or do anything."
(snipped)
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #886 on: January 15, 2007, 01:21:35 AM »

some 11 year olds are more aware than others

thats the problem with being 11

you know not to touch the STOVE when its hot

but you dont know a lot about EVIL people

- A Horse's Tale
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #887 on: January 15, 2007, 01:24:20 AM »

I went over to the Drudge reprot and read that Shawn said he never went to schoool the whole time he was gone.
They're living out in the open and no one notices a kid who doesn't go to school, no Mum around, Dad at work ??
Listen, I am not finding fault with the kids, just trying to figure it out because it is so puzzling to me.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: January 15, 2007, 01:24:57 AM »

The article at Drudge says he wants to take his stepfather's last name and be officially adopted by him now.  Also says he wrote a poem to his family on their website.

Never having been in that situation, it is difficult to fathom what a boy that young might be thinking.  Often times I believe abductors and molesters threaten their family if they don't cooperate.  Not saying that is what happened in this instance but just that it is no yet known.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #889 on: January 15, 2007, 01:25:59 AM »

I went over to the Drudge reprot and read that Shawn said he never went to schoool the whole time he was gone.
They're living out in the open and no one notices a kid who doesn't go to school, no Mum around, Dad at work ??
Listen, I am not finding fault with the kids, just trying to figure it out because it is so puzzling to me.

Yep, should get interesting before it's all over.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #890 on: January 15, 2007, 01:28:17 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
The article at Drudge says he wants to take his stepfather's last name and be officially adopted by him now.  Also says he wrote a poem to his family on their website.

Never having been in that situation, it is difficult to fathom what a boy that young might be thinking.  Often times I believe abductors and molesters threaten their family if they don't cooperate.  Not saying that is what happened in this instance but just that it is no yet known.

Maybe Stockholm syndrome?  Patty Hearst. Elizabeth Smart. Just thinking.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #891 on: January 15, 2007, 01:29:12 AM »

if an ADULT man or woman was ABDUCTED and kept alive and isolated
in a different LOCATION and you knew that your ABDUCTERS would harm your family.....unless you stayed PUT

some would go try and RUN and go to the police and some would stay

kids are not much different

except they can be convinced of things rather easily

heck, they can be convinced of doing all kinds of things by other friends the same age....let alone an adult that skeeeeeeeeeeered the hell out of them.....

i think

- A Horse's Tale
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #892 on: January 15, 2007, 01:29:29 AM »

Ty Klaasend, I did not see the one about his life being threatened.
Figured it had to be something like that because Shawn knew they were looking for him, he even saw a poster of himself.
Probably going to take a long time for the kids to heal .
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: January 15, 2007, 01:30:43 AM »

Abductor is big guy, weighs close to 300 pounds.  Might be a factor to a child as well.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #894 on: January 15, 2007, 01:31:38 AM »

Quote from: "tcumom"

Maybe Stockholm syndrome?  Patty Hearst. Elizabeth Smart. Just thinking.

Guess anythings possible, though I never believed Patty Hearst had it and I'm kinda wary as to what it really is.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #895 on: January 15, 2007, 01:31:55 AM »

Abductor is big guy, weighs close to 300 pounds.  Might be a factor to a child as well.

definately

told him stories about what he did to others......maybe even has pictures

just dont know

- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: January 15, 2007, 01:32:45 AM »

Ty Klaasend, I did not see the one about his life being threatened.
Figured it had to be something like that because Shawn knew they were looking for him, he even saw a poster of himself.
Probably going to take a long time for the kids to heal .

I've been following that case pretty closely.  Looked at all of Shawn's websites.  I've been trying to see if Michael Devlin has a site.  There was a site for Imo's Pizza, a Myspace site  Wink
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #897 on: January 15, 2007, 01:32:51 AM »

HITLER did to a lot of people in his own country

- A Horse's Tale
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: January 15, 2007, 01:33:01 AM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
[Maybe Stockholm syndrome?  Patty Hearst. Elizabeth Smart. Just thinking.

I tend to agree that it was probably something similar.  Remember Elizabeth Smart even attended a party with her captors, etc.  I don't know what makes them keep quiet but they often do.

PERSONA NON GRATA

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #899 on: January 15, 2007, 01:35:24 AM »

Carnut ~ From Wikipedia: The Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response sometimes seen in an abducted hostage, in which the hostage exhibits loyalty to the hostage-taker, in spite of the danger (or at least risk) in which the hostage has been placed. Stockholm syndrome is also sometimes discussed in reference to other situations with similar tensions, such as battered person syndrome, rape cases, child abuse cases, and bride kidnapping.

Just a possibility I threw out ~ not saying that's the answer to our questions....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.