April 30, 2024, 05:13:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #573 1/13 - 1/14/2007  (Read 97530 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #900 on: January 15, 2007, 01:35:49 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
[I've been following that case pretty closely.  Looked at all of Shawn's websites.  I've been trying to see if Michael Devlin has a site.  There was a site for Imo's Pizza, a Myspace site  Wink

Gosh, Klaas, I didn't think this much was even known yet.  Where are you finding all this stuff???  Seriously, what has the best coverage that you have seen?  I would like to know more but thought nothing had been released yet and wasn't known and here you are all over it all!   Wink

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
crazybabyborg
« Reply #901 on: January 15, 2007, 01:36:38 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
I went over to the Drudge reprot and read that Shawn said he never went to schoool the whole time he was gone.
They're living out in the open and no one notices a kid who doesn't go to school, no Mum around, Dad at work ??
Listen, I am not finding fault with the kids, just trying to figure it out because it is so puzzling to me.

Kat, my understanding is that there was a story in place that dictated Shawn would tell anyone who asked that he was in private school, which would help explain why he didn't catch the bus or be familiar with other kids.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #902 on: January 15, 2007, 01:37:24 AM »

Very strange. That Devlin guy is a big ugly mother... bet you thought I was going to use a bad word. Worked at the same place for > 20 years.
How come Devlins family never noticed he had a kid ? Unless the guy was such a loner and a loser he kept away from everyone and was under the radar.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #903 on: January 15, 2007, 01:37:34 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "tcumom"
[Maybe Stockholm syndrome?  Patty Hearst. Elizabeth Smart. Just thinking.

I tend to agree that it was probably something similar.  Remember Elizabeth Smart even attended a party with her captors, etc.  I don't know what makes them keep quiet but they often do.

Anna ~ I can't even get started on the Elizabeth Smart deal ~ that whole thing was a little *strange* to me ~ just couldn't quite put my finger on it.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #904 on: January 15, 2007, 01:37:40 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
I had to sign back in.... Sometimes I wonder if it's just some women are willing to forgive every chauvinist they meet, or the chauvinists just are more overt with the women who don't oooh and ahh over every man.

carnut you are tedious and the head games are childish and sexist and I am tired of the snide remarks as well. I am all for indulging the eccentricities of the community, but not to include allowing you to go forth and insult whomever you choose, whenever you choose. You are a very self-indulgent person.

that being said robots thank you and others like him who dare to be real men and respect all women, not just the ones willing to flirt with them !!!

carnut I hope a pile of snow falls on your head dude !!

where is hellcoming, hell come on in and I pray you're a female - WELCOME !!  Laughing  Laughing

I am behind. and not on for long.. but great post sistah. I have done my fair share of forgiving a chauvinist . Sad  Truth always comes out sooner or later.  Carnut. what I said has nothing to do with you.  Not getting invloved. I do feel sorry for those who have been made a total ass out of by someone.
  and  I dont anything yet for those that have emailed about my daughter.. her test was inconclusive.. no pos or neg result. She wants to make a dr apt for blood work.   I am sorry I got so excited last evening... whatever happens will be Gods will.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #905 on: January 15, 2007, 01:39:41 AM »

Carnut ~ From Wikipedia: The Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response sometimes seen in an abducted hostage, in which the hostage exhibits loyalty to the hostage-taker, in spite of the danger (or at least risk) in which the hostage has been placed. Stockholm syndrome is also sometimes discussed in reference to other situations with similar tensions, such as battered person syndrome, rape cases, child abuse cases, and bride kidnapping.

Just a possibility I threw out ~ not saying that's the answer to our questions....

Yes, I am quite away of it and it's definition, no knock on you, I just never could accept that Patty Hearst had it.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #906 on: January 15, 2007, 01:40:40 AM »

[Maybe Stockholm syndrome?  Patty Hearst. Elizabeth Smart. Just thinking.

I tend to agree that it was probably something similar.  Remember Elizabeth Smart even attended a party with her captors, etc.  I don't know what makes them keep quiet but they often do.

Anna ~ I can't even get started on the Elizabeth Smart deal ~ that whole thing was a little *strange* to me ~ just couldn't quite put my finger on it.

tcu? you have a Valentine avatar in the lounge if you want it: Well, here it is:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/tcuVal.gif
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #907 on: January 15, 2007, 01:43:04 AM »

The Pumpkin King is a Nintendo game. I answered my own question.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: January 15, 2007, 01:44:16 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
[I've been following that case pretty closely.  Looked at all of Shawn's websites.  I've been trying to see if Michael Devlin has a site.  There was a site for Imo's Pizza, a Myspace site  Wink

Gosh, Klaas, I didn't think this much was even known yet.  Where are you finding all this stuff???  Seriously, what has the best coverage that you have seen?  I would like to know more but thought nothing had been released yet and wasn't known and here you are all over it all!   Wink

This is a good site for current news - look on the right hand side:

http://www.stltoday.com/

Also, Steve Huffs site has had several people researching stuff.  You'll have to scroll down and read the posts:

http://truecrimeblog.blogspot.com//?p=309

Some of the local online paper sites have forums, I've been reading those as well.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #909 on: January 15, 2007, 01:44:31 AM »

Very strange. That Devlin guy is a big ugly mother... bet you thought I was going to use a bad word. Worked at the same place for > 20 years.
How come Devlins family never noticed he had a kid ? Unless the guy was such a loner and a loser he kept away from everyone and was under the radar.

So far we're really just getting the story from the parents and some relatives and aquaintences of the Devlin guy.

Still think it's gonna be interesting when the cops get done with their investigation on whole deal.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #910 on: January 15, 2007, 01:44:53 AM »

Well, it's easy for us to sit home all cozy and safe and speculate as to why others might have behaved in a certain manner when we don't have a clue what it feels like to be dependent on someone like that for your life.  

Short of being in the situation, hard to know what a person would or would not do.  Humans will do a lot to stay alive.  If it takes seeing their captors in a positive light, no one knows but what they might not do the same thing.  The survival instinct is about the strongest we have.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #911 on: January 15, 2007, 01:49:14 AM »

CBB ~ thanks for the darling valentine scotty ~ I'll change my appearance tomorrow!  Thanks for the thought  Very Happy .
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #912 on: January 15, 2007, 01:51:12 AM »

Well, it's easy for us to sit home all cozy and safe and speculate as to why others might have behaved in a certain manner when we don't have a clue what it feels like to be dependent on someone like that for your life.  

Short of being in the situation, hard to know what a person would or would not do.  Humans will do a lot to stay alive.  If it takes seeing their captors in a positive light, no one knows but what they might not do the same thing.  The survival instinct is about the strongest we have.

Yes, very insightful post, Anna.  I would also add that children tend to have trusting natures, and are taught to obey adults.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #913 on: January 15, 2007, 01:51:48 AM »

CBB ~ thanks for the darling valentine scotty ~ I'll change my appearance tomorrow!  Thanks for the thought  Very Happy .

Oh, you're more than welcome, and you look just fine the way you are! I just wanted you to know you weren't overlooked!  Wink
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: January 15, 2007, 01:51:53 AM »

Thanks, Klaas,
I had forgotten that Steve Huff had his blog back up and running.  Think I will read there on my way out.

Goodnight, all.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: January 15, 2007, 01:52:51 AM »

Thanks, Klaas,
I had forgotten that Steve Huff had his blog back up and running.  Think I will read there on my way out.

Goodnight, all.

Nite Anna
crazybabyborg
« Reply #916 on: January 15, 2007, 01:56:48 AM »

Me too, I'm going to get ready for bed. Have a great night, monkeys! Maybe we'll have something new on the case soon!

Sleep well, and snuggle if you can! (I have my Shar Pei waiting for me!)  Laughing

All things considered, I've done worse!  Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #917 on: January 15, 2007, 01:57:51 AM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Me too, I'm going to get ready for bed. Have a great night, monkeys! Maybe we'll have something new on the case soon!

Sleep well, and snuggle if you can! (I have my Shar Pei waiting for me!)  Laughing

All things considered, I've done worse!  Wink

Nite CBB
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #918 on: January 15, 2007, 01:59:54 AM »

Well, knowing how and why Devlin was able to do whatever kind of mind control on these kids is educational in a way for ppl that deal with missing kids. Plus there is always the education and prevention side of things.
I am glad both kids are alive.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: January 15, 2007, 02:03:02 AM »

Well, knowing how and why Devlin was able to do whatever kind of mind control on these kids is educational in a way for ppl that deal with missing kids. Plus there is always the education and prevention side of things.
I am glad both kids are alive.

Me too.  I have this fear though that Shawn was not the first.  Could Devlin have been looking for a "replacement" for Shawn that may have been getting too old?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.