March 28, 2024, 11:23:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FLYING MERMAID, I AM SO SORRY.....  (Read 10923 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 13, 2006, 04:12:33 AM »

I know how you loved that baby and how grieved you must be.  I have walked in your shoes.  It is so heartbreaking.  Your sweet little, beloved baby.  I hope you can find comfort in knowing we all care and wish we could do something.  Hugs to you and please share pictures when you can of your furry baby.

RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 02:21:48 PM »

Tyler - I will post kitty's pic tonight but please prepare yourself she is so beautiful she will take your breath away!

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 02:24:06 PM »

FM,

I am so sorry about your kitty.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 03:01:52 PM »

Thank you Louise - Protect your precious new baby - she is super gorgeous!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 03:52:43 PM »

FlyingMermaid-

I am so very sorry, I know this is such a hard thing to endure, the loss of a pet. Kitty was lucky to have found you and you he or she, sending you many hugs.

The love of a pet is one of the greatest reciprocal gifts in this life.

I continue to stand with the girl.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 10:11:28 PM »

Dear Flyingmermaid,

Thank you for your response. I have protected all my cats. They never go outside. The closest they get is looking out of my bedroom window ledge and looking out my front balcony window.

When I adopt a cat, it's like a marriage - until death do us part. I have had six pets and I took care of them throughout all their old age illnesses. I have their remains in my wall unit along with pics of them. When I die, I want all of them in my coffin with me.

When my daughter studied religion in Jerusalem, she told me a hallmark of a civilized society is how they treat their animals. Before you eat breakfast, lunch or dinner, the animals are fed first.

whytegirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 03:01:17 AM »

That was wonderful to read, Mama Louise...

Hope everything is better with your family.

FM, I am SO SORRY.  You know what I had to go through just recently.  I know how you feel.  I got another kitten today that looks just like Leyla, the one I had to relinquish, and even though she looks the same, runs like she used to she doesn't have the Barbra Streisand nose and this one hates my cat!

Hopefully she will warm up to him since my cat has a perpetual patience.

I hope and pray that you are rested in the comfort of the Lord's lap as he will console you, carry you through this grief of such untimely passing.

"Never give up. Who knows where I would be today if my family had given up on me and all the other people?"--Elizabeth Smart
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 03:11:59 AM »

FM,

I am truly sorry for your loss.  Know that she is still around you and she'll try to comfort you through this time and she'll be there for the happy times too. Now she can take walks with God through his gardens.  She'll be there when you get there and she'll introduce you around to everyone.

hugs and kiss to you, NM

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 09:52:04 AM »

FM,
  So sorry to hear of the loss of Kitty. You are in my thoughts
and prayers.  Hugs sent your way.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 10:53:10 AM »

FM,

I read your post on the lively of what lies in your heart regarding your beloved kitty today, I just wanted to post to you that it was such a touching tribute. She truly is with you forever  Very Happy

Many, many HUGS to you and Mr FM.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 08:43:03 PM »

Hello Flyingmermaid,

I read your post in the LCD and that you don't feel ready to adopt another kitten. But I think your hubby is right -  "he said we need to give another Kitty our loving home and that we can save a Kitty's life. So lets do it. "

I lost two old and beloved cats this year in February and May, age 15 and 13, to lymphoma of the stomach and small bowel. I was VERY depressed about the deaths and the $4K Vet bill I am paying off. My remaining cat, Romeo (age 13) was depressed too, as he went from being one of four cats to being the only survivor.

I went to the pet store to buy cat litter and I found a baby kitten who resonated with me and I adopted her (8 weeks old, 2 lbs), Guinevere GoldenEye.  Suddenly, my life changed. The kitten is so amusing and so full of antics that I am laughing all the time. Laughter is good and a very healthy thing. When I can laugh, I don't feel depressed. She got Romeo off his butt and out of his depression. She is curious about everything and one time she jumped on the toilet seat, never imagining that the lid was up and she fell into the water. I quickly dried her off and now I keep the lid down.

They run around like crazy and chase each other fast all over the apartment. Sometimes she gets on a table and waits for him to pass by and then she jumps on his back. They have a skirmish and he runs and she chases him.  I have a crate of cat toys and rainbow balls and everything is strewn all around the apartment.

I think it would be very good for you to follow hubby's advice.  You can start out just looking at kittens. One might just grab your heart and a connection will be made.  

I can't quite articulate it well enough how a new kitten can change your life, but my new kitten changed mine.

Please consider this and take a look at some baby kittens. One may just steal your heart in an instant.  No kitten will replace your previous kitten, but a new kitten will awaken in your heart with love and keep you amused.

With Love,
Louise

tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 09:56:37 PM »

Dear FlyingMermaid, I am so very sorry for your loss.  I am usually the last to know anything here because I only show up a few times a week and so much happens in the interim, and just now saw this thread.

I have lost furry members of my family and understand how much this breaks your heart.  They are all like little 2-3 year old children to me.  People don't understand how much love and support we receive from our pets.  I will pray for you and your family in your loss, and for your sweet furry baby.  

Sending many hugs to you and your family.

tidy

Sigh.  I'll always be behind.
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 08:55:39 AM »

Mr. Mermaid's boss's GF runs a big animal shelter here in SOFL.  We are approved and looking to adopt.  It's soon but he wants 2 kitties and there are some beauties available soooooooooo..................

The cat carrier is in the trunk of my car!

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 08:56:29 AM »

Thanks Tidy and Louise!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 05:57:56 PM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
Mr. Mermaid's boss's GF runs a big animal shelter here in SOFL.  We are approved and looking to adopt.  It's soon but he wants 2 kitties and there are some beauties available soooooooooo..................

FM...I agree with Mr. Mermaid....get 2....and please let us see them ASAP!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 06:53:10 PM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"

Oh...this is so exciting.....fingers crossed for you two....and those two waiting for you.... Very Happy

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 10:51:33 PM »

Oh Flyingmermaid,

I am so happy to hear that you are going to get two kitties. It's gonna be wonderful.

Please post pics.

With love,
Louise

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 10:56:54 PM »

FM.. you have such a big heart that it's wonderful that you are going to share that wonderful home with two kittens... just promise to post the pictures...

and my furheads send you their love...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 02:00:31 PM »

Well I just got back from seeing a little Calico on my lunch hour - she was very sweet with me but seemed to have some real reservations about Mr. Mermaid.

Last night we saw a calico at another rescue shelter and she is a doll.  One of her cage mates - not a calico more of a Tabby - is exactly the same age as her and they really love each other.  The tabby was hit on the Highway and incredibly only suffered a broken leg which is now totally healed.  We just feel it is kismet that we should adopt them together.

Soooooooooooooooo.........................

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 02:17:08 PM »

PHOTOS, we want photos !!!!!!!  Laughing

How great FM, half our ours were rescue kitties and we love them so dearly. Each one has their own personality for sure, and we love that, we imitate them talking in terms of what they are saying in actions with one another too  Laughing

I know, we're petaholics !!

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.