March 28, 2024, 06:27:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TX teens (14 & 17) charged with murder in elderly woman's death  (Read 4092 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: March 07, 2010, 11:34:29 AM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/NOELLE-NEWTONKVUE-NEWS-86680532.html
Video Available
Teens charged with murder in elderly woman's death
by NOELLE NEWTON / KVUE News
Friday, March 5, 2010
Two teens involved in a gang initiation robbery that turned deadly have been charged with murder.

Jonathon Contreas, 17, was arrested Friday. He is now charged with murder and held on a million dollar bond.  A 14-year-old Covington Middle School student  has also been charged and is expected to turn himself in.

Friends of the elderly woman who died after the crime are sharing their memories.

When 75-year-old Sue McClusky arrived at the Taco Bell at Brodie Lane and William Cannon January 25th, she was a healthy, happy woman.

"She was a delight, feisty, down to earth. She was a good friend,” said Vicki Goldsberry.

McClusky was a mom and grandmother with a great-granddaughter on the way. She liked pie, shoes and dressing up. She routinely went to the South Austin Senior Citizens Center.

Friends Vicki Goldsberry and Carol Baker are young enough to be her daughters. But they say the tiny lady, at only 100 pounds, had the energy to keep up with them.

"She went on gambling trips, which as I understood you couldn't stay up as long as she could,” said Goldsberry.

Friends say the actions of a Covington Middle School student took that all away.

"She said remembered looking at him and thinking, having a thought, 'why is he sitting there and not eating?'” said Carol Baker.

Police say the teen -- at the urging of Contreras -- tried to steal McClusky's purse as she walked out to her car. It was part of a gang initiation. McClusky told police he elbowed her and shoved her to the ground. The force broke her shoulder and caused extensive bruising on her face and arm down to her finger tips.

"[Doctors] would move her and she would be moaning. Let me die. I want to die. I would say sue if you didn't hurt so much would you want to die. She said no, but I do, I do,” said Goldsberry.

Friends say she tried to fight, but contracted pneumonia. She never left the hospital. She died Tuesday morning with her loved ones by her side.

"It seems so wrong for someone to pick on someone so small and who would obviously be fragile and just an easy target. How does that makes somebody more of a man? I don't know. It's sad,” said Goldsberry.

"She'll be really missed by a lot of people,” said Baker.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 11:38:41 AM »

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/statesman/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=140374179

Jennie Sue McClusky

Published in Austin American-Statesman on March 7, 2010
(GuestBook Available in Article)

Jennie Sue McClusky Jennie Sue McClusky, 75, passed away on Wednesday, March 3, 2010, in Austin. She was born on December 13, 1934, in Graford, Texas, to Glenn Tate Garland and Charleton Maude Fawks Garland. Sue loved to play bridge, sew, and the slots at Coushatta. She was preceded in death by her loving husband of 53 years, Lt. Col. Charles Edward McClusky, USAF (Ret.); parents; and brother, Glenn Charles Garland. Sue will be sadly missed by her loving daughters, Jill McClusky and Jana McClusky; grandchildren, Bryan Lindholm and wife, Angie, Dustin Lindholm and wife, Heather, Laura McGee and husband, Will, and Jared Sampson; great-granddaughters, Addisyn Grace Lindholm, Bailey McGee, Bobbi McGee, and one on the way; sister- in-law, Rita Garland; numerous other relatives; and a host of friends. The family will receive friends from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Sunday, March 7, 2010, at Cook-Walden/Forest Oaks Funeral Home. A Celebration of Life Service will be at 10:00 a.m., Monday, March 8, 2010, in the Chapel of Cook- Walden/Forest Oaks Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Cook-Walden/Forest Oaks Memorial Park. Condolences may be made at http://www.cookwaldenforestoaks.comr

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.