March 29, 2024, 04:08:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Msg. 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND) #2  (Read 85284 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: March 07, 2010, 07:37:48 PM »

JUSTICE!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 06:16:58 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 06:10:21 PM »

Today, April 16, 2010, John Albert Gardner III pleaded guilty to the murder of Chelsea AND Amber
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 06:15:23 PM »

Still talking live about it here:

http://www.10news.com/video/15013365/index.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 06:15:34 PM »

DA will be holding a press conference at 3:30
Amber and Chelsea's familes will be there
No cameras are allowed so it will be reported after conference is over.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 06:17:07 PM »

Chelsea was raped and strangled
Killing was done with premeditation during the course of a rape
She was murdered within one hour

Amber was taken to Pala where she was raped and stabbed
Killing done with premeditation during the course of rape
Murder took place with 1.5 hours of meeting Amber
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 06:17:30 PM »

John Albert Gardner III pleads guilty to King, Dubois murders

John Albert Gardner III pleaded guilty to the murder of 17-year-old Chelsea King and 14-year-old Amber Dubois Friday.

John Albert Gardner III pleaded guilty to the murder of 17-year-old Chelsea King and 14-year-old Amber Dubois Friday. Gardner waived his right to a speedy trial and in exchange for the plea, with the families’ consent, District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis will not seek the death penalty.

Gardner was charged last month with murder with a special circumstance of rape or attempted rape in King’s death. The 17-year-old Poway girl went missing Feb. 25 at Rancho Bernardo Community Park, where she had gone for an after-school run.

Her body was found in a shallow grave on Lake Hodges on March 2. Dubois‘ skeletal remains were found in Pala March 6. The Escondido girl went missing Feb. 13, 2009, and investigators had no break in the case until last month.

Gardner was also charged with sexual assault on a jogger in the same park on Dec. 27.

He pleaded guilty in 2000 and served five years in prison for assaulting a 13-year-old girl. A psychiatrist who evaluated Gardner warned he would be a continued threat to young girls.

A leaked search warrant in Gardner’s case was posted on a Los Angeles radio station’s website Thursday. According to the documents on KFI-AM 640’s site, authorities seized gardening and lawn tools – including pickaxes and shovels – and clothing from Gardner’s Lake Elsinore home.

Authorities also searched Gardner’s mom’s home in Rancho Bernardo, a storage unit in Escondido, and a car that belongs to Gardner’s girlfriend, according to the radio station.

King’s family and Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher traveled to Sacramento this week to rally support for Chelsea’s Law (Assembly Bill 1844). The new law would increase penalties and parole requirements for some registered sex offenders and establish safe zones to limit where sex offenders visit.

The bill had 16 cosponsors and the support of Assembly Speaker John Perez Tuesday. More than 150 people traveled to Sacramento for a ceremony outside the capitol to voice support for Chelsea’s Law.

http://www.swrnn.com/southwest-riverside/2010-04-16/news/john-albert-gardner-iii-pleads-guilty-to-king-dubois-murders

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 06:17:44 PM »

Northern, thank you for alerting us in the Haleigh thread about this.  I am in shock but glad it willl not be a prolonged agony for the families.  I can barely stand to look at him.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 06:18:01 PM »

Janet - Yes , Gardner pled guilty in exchange for the DA taking the death penalty off the table.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 06:20:07 PM »

Northern, thank you for alerting us in the Haleigh thread about this.  I am in shock but glad it willl not be a prolonged agony for the families.  I can barely stand to look at him.

I was shocked to see him back in court today as he was not scheduled to be there.  I am glad be pled guilty and glad the DA spoke with both the King and Dubois familes and came to the decision to take the DP off the table with the input of the familes.  They have gone through enough, they have been spared a long trial. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 06:24:30 PM »

He has waived his right to an appeal
His plea does not insulate him from other charges in the future if they find he is connected to something else. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 06:26:29 PM »

They must have had a ton of evidence against him in BOTH murders. 
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 06:27:45 PM »

His plea does not insulate him from other charges in the future if they find he is connected to something else. 

Considering how long he had been out on parole, I am afraid there are others.  I think he has been doing this a long time.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 06:27:50 PM »

DA spokesman says the famillies will speak bit does not know who #nbcsd
half a minute ago via mobile web

the court just sent out documents and a reporter is complaining about not being abe to read the plea agreement #NBCSD
4 minutes ago via mobile web

the DA's press room is full of reporters and photogs talking case minutia and theories #NBCSD
7 minutes ago via mobile web

Kelly King was visibly emotional and was comforted by her husband #NBCSD
15 minutes ago via mobile web

after Gardner was found guilty, Dumanis spoke to King family #NBCSD

http://twitter.com/nbcsandiego
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 06:29:37 PM »

Thanks for all the updates.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 06:30:53 PM »

That is good to know, I was worried about that aspect, so if they find he has commited other rapes/murders they can go after him.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 06:32:36 PM »

He Killed Both of Them
John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Chelsea King and Amber Dubois.

In a dramatic turn in two high profile murder cases, John Albert Gardner III pleaded guilty at a hearing Friday to murdering both Chelsea King and Amber Dubois.

Charges in Amber's death were added at a status conference Friday at 2.30 p.m.

Gardner, wearing a dark blue jail jumpsuit with his shackled arms hanging at his sides, said nothing but "yes" repeatedly as the judge asked him for his pleas. He pleaded guilty to both Amber and Chelsea’s murder.

In the plea deal, Gardner will avoid the death penalty and get two consecutive life terms without parole and a third life term with a minimum of 33 years. He relinquished his right to appeal.

At the hearing, Gardner admitted he raped, strangled and killed Chelsea within an hour before dragging her body to a shallow grave.

Gardner also admitted to raping and killing Amber one and a half hours after he met her.

Chelsea and Amber’s families were consulted in the plea bargain and understood and supported the deal.

Gardner looked and sounded composed and aware of what was going on during the hearing. He only consulted with his attorney one time when he was questioned by the judge about his plea.

After the hearing, District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis turned around to speak to Chelsea King's parents. Kelly King was visibly distraught as her husband comforted her.

Amber’s father, Maurice Dubois, waited patiently for the Kings to speak to Dumanis, before leaving the courtroom with the Kings.

Amber vanished in February 2009 and the investigation produced few solid leads until Chelsea disappeared Feb. 25 near the site where Amber went missing.

Gardner was arrested three days later and initially pleaded not guilty to murdering Chelsea.

Chelsea's body was discovered March 2 in a shallow lakeside grave after a massive search. Prosecutors say Gardner was linked to the crime by DNA found on Chelsea's clothing.

Amber Dubois' bones were discovered March 6 in a rugged, remote area north of San Diego. She vanished with a $200 check to purchase a lamb she was to raise for Future Farmers of America. The check was never cashed.

Search warrant documents posted online by Los Angeles radio station KFI640AM show investigators removed a number of items from John Gardner’s home on March 9, 2010 including shovels, pick axes, digging tools and articles of clothing -- just two days after police found the body of missing teen Amber Dubois.

The site got access to “tons of documents” according to a station employee and worked over the last week to sort through them and post them to the station’s website.

Among them are an affidavit where investigators listed specific items they were looking for in a search of Garner’s Lake Elsinore home including rope, tape, handcuffs and other restraining devices, human hair, tissues or fluids, jeans, sneakers, and several shirts including a black T-shirt with writing that said “Hard Rock Café Baghdad on the front with ‘Farsy’ script underneath the print.”

A receipt lists the items taken from the home. They include a pick ax and a shovel taken from the front of the house by the front door. From the shed in the backyard, officials took 10 shovels, two pick axes and a yellow plastic carrier with digging tools. They also seized a pair of Reebok shoes size 12, five pairs of jeans and a white T-shirt with “Hard Iraq Café Baghdad” size 2XL from Gardner’s bedroom.

Gardner will be sentenced June 1 at 1.30 p.m.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Surprise-Hearing-in-Gardner-Case-Today--91044959.html
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 06:37:01 PM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/16/gardner-pleads-guilty-murders-chelsea-amber/

Gardner pleads guilty to murders of Chelsea, Amber

By Dana Littlefield, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Originally published April 16, 2010 at 2:29 p.m., updated April 16, 2010 at 3:21 p.m

John Albert Gardner III pleaded guilty Friday to murder charges in the slayings of Chelsea King and Amber Dubois, ending weeks of speculation as to whether he would be charged in the deaths of both teenage girls.

As a result, Gardner, a 31-year-old convicted sex offender, will avoid facing the death penalty, and instead be sentenced to two consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole.

Gardner also pleaded guilty to the special circumstances of raping or attempting to rape both teenagers.

He also pleaded guilty to a charge of assaulting a jogger, Candice Moncayo, in Rancho Bernardo Community Park on Dec. 27, 2009.

As part of the plea agreement, Gardner waived his right to appeal the convictions. San Diego Superior Court Judge David Danielsen accepted the plea Friday afternoon.

Dressed in a black jumpsuit and orange sandals, Gardner mostly kept his gaze lowered and gave one-word answers to a series of questions by Danielsen, acknowledging his guilty pleas.

Danielsen’s questioning revealed new information about the circumstances of Amber’s death. Gardner acknowledged to Danielsen that he raped and stabbed the 14-year-old Escondido girl within 90 minutes of first contacting her. Amber disappeared on Feb. 13, 2009 while walking to Escondido High School.

Chelsea disappeared on Feb. 25 after going for a run in Rancho Bernardo Community Park. The 17-year-old Poway girl’s body was found five days later, on March 2, in a shallow grave in a tributary of nearby Lake Hodges. Thousands of volunteers and law enforcement officials had searched for the girl.

Gardner was arrested Feb. 28 and arraigned the next day on charges he raped and murdered Chelsea. He was linked to the crime through DNA evidence found on a piece of Chelsea’s clothing.

On March 6, authorities announced they had found Amber’s skeletal remains 13 months after she went missing.

Escondido police said Gardner was a focus in the investigation into Amber’s death, but would not discuss any further details.

Citing a gag order, lawyers in the case refused to answer any questions about Gardner, including whether he had led authorities to Amber’s body.

On Thursday, Deputy District Attorney Kristen Spieler said District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis had consulted parents of both teenagers before making the plea agreement with Gardner.

“Both families understand the reasons behind this decision and support this decision,” Spieler told Danielsen.

Attending the hearing were Chelsea’s parents, Brent and Kelly King, and Amber’s parents, Moe Dubois and Carrie McGonigle.

The families were joined by about 10 supporters, some wearing buttons with Amber’s face on them. Some wore T-shirts emblazoned with, “Hope never sleeps, bring Amber home” and “Amber’s eyes will always shine.” Three people wore shirts promoting Chelsea’s Light Foundation with the phrase, “They can because they think they can.”

After the hearing, supporters gathered outside the courtroom and hugged each other, but declined to comment.

Gardner’s attorneys, deputy public defenders Mel Epley and Michael Popkins, declined to make a statement after the hearing.

Dumanis and Sheriff Bill Gore also attended the hearing, sitting in the front row of onlookers.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 06:37:26 PM »

A.mber's parents are both wearing Amber buttons #NBCSD
less than 10 seconds ago via mobile web

Dumnais is reiterating court developments and thanking law enforcement #NBCSD
1 minute ago via mobile web

Paul Levikow said the families will not take any questions

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 06:38:08 PM »

Dumanis says Gardner led them to Amber's body #NBCSD

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 06:42:33 PM »

Dumanis says Gardner led them to Amber's body #NBCSD

Now it is confirmed, I felt that is what happened 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.