March 28, 2024, 12:28:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Msg. 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND) #2  (Read 85262 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2010, 08:36:58 PM »

How many more victims???? That is the question of the day 

I feel certain that there are other victims.  It is sad, but I am glad the families to not have to endure a lengthy trial. 

Hi AZ....that is my fear as well!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2010, 08:38:41 PM »

I don't think I can copy the letter over, since it looks like it went through Northern Rose's photobucket? 

darn it....

this?

nope...you posted some letters between gardner and his girlfriend.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2010, 08:41:05 PM »

girlfriend letter and her reply

yep but I must be more technically challenged than  everyone else....to read it I have to move the bar on the bottom, but I can't get to the bar on the bottom when trying to read the top...I hope that makes sense

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2010, 08:43:34 PM »

Klaas can you bring over the letters from the previous thread? I couldn't read them and when I clicked on them the got tiny..............thanks

Not sure what you mean but I'll see if I can find it and bring it over,

OK, I looked and still don't know, LOLOL  What letters are you referring to?

Starting on about pg. 95 of previous thread, Northern Rose posted a letter and lots of docs.  I thought making a thread for them would be a good idea, when I get a chance.

Letter:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7233.msg1114064#msg1114064

FYI this appears to be a letter typed from when he was previously in prison 2000-2005, right?

It is not dated so could be.  Here is the link where everything is

http://www.kfi640.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=153218&article=6978166

WOOHOO...Ok, I can go to the link and click and I can then read it!  THANKS!!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2010, 09:07:56 PM »

Is Jariah the mother of his son?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2010, 09:31:42 PM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Kings-Tortured-Over-Plea-Deal-91109344.html

Kings Tortured Over Plea Deal
By R. STICKNEY
Updated 5:21 PM PDT, Fri, Apr 16, 2010

Source: Kings Tortured Over Plea Deal | NBC San Diego

The decision to give the district attorney the blessing to make a deal with the man who raped and murdered his daughter was “torturous,” according to Chelsea King’s father, Brent.

“There is nothing -- nothing -- satisfying about this moment,” he told members of the media shorlty after John Gardner entered a guilty plea for raping and killing his 17-year-old daughter,Chelsea, and raping and killing 14-year-old Amber Dubois of Escondido.

In exchange, Gardner escaped the death penalty.

“While our unequivocal first choice is the death penalty, we acknowledge that in California that penalty has become an empty promise,” said King.

King also mentioned that avoiding a trial would help the community to heal as well as allow him and his wife, Kelly, to try and give their son, Tyler, 13, as much of a normal childhood as possible.

Another deciding factor for the Kings was the impact such a deal would have on the search for answers in the death of Amber Dubois. The King family became close with Maurice "Moe" Dubois and Carrie McGonigle immediately after Chelsea's disappearance, as the two sets of parents were drawn together in what Dubois has come to call an unfortunate club.

“The Dubois family have been through unthinkable hell the past 14 months,” said King. “We couldn’t imagine the confession to Amber’s murder never seeing the light of day, leaving an eternal question mark.”

King called Gardner's crime "a despicable, evil act committed against our beautiful daughter, Chelsea, committed against our family and committed against our community."

He vowed to work for change to protect children as a result of what's happened to his daughter.

There is no closure for the Kings, though, Brent King said Friday: “It’s only one more unbearably painful memory that we will have to carry in our memory as long as we live.”

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2010, 09:32:08 PM »

Is Jariah the mother of his son?

I'm not sure AZSunny
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2010, 11:31:24 PM »

IMO and I'm not trying to implicate anyone other than John Gardner, they need to look at past hasher runs in the area. 

I agree..................

good idea klaasend

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2010, 12:51:02 AM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Kings-Tortured-Over-Plea-Deal-91109344.html

Kings Tortured Over Plea Deal
By R. STICKNEY
Updated 5:21 PM PDT, Fri, Apr 16, 2010

Source: Kings Tortured Over Plea Deal | NBC San Diego

The decision to give the district attorney the blessing to make a deal with the man who raped and murdered his daughter was “torturous,” according to Chelsea King’s father, Brent.

“There is nothing -- nothing -- satisfying about this moment,” he told members of the media shorlty after John Gardner entered a guilty plea for raping and killing his 17-year-old daughter,Chelsea, and raping and killing 14-year-old Amber Dubois of Escondido.

In exchange, Gardner escaped the death penalty.

“While our unequivocal first choice is the death penalty, we acknowledge that in California that penalty has become an empty promise,” said King.

King also mentioned that avoiding a trial would help the community to heal as well as allow him and his wife, Kelly, to try and give their son, Tyler, 13, as much of a normal childhood as possible.

Another deciding factor for the Kings was the impact such a deal would have on the search for answers in the death of Amber Dubois. The King family became close with Maurice "Moe" Dubois and Carrie McGonigle immediately after Chelsea's disappearance, as the two sets of parents were drawn together in what Dubois has come to call an unfortunate club.

“The Dubois family have been through unthinkable hell the past 14 months,” said King. “We couldn’t imagine the confession to Amber’s murder never seeing the light of day, leaving an eternal question mark.”

King called Gardner's crime "a despicable, evil act committed against our beautiful daughter, Chelsea, committed against our family and committed against our community."

He vowed to work for change to protect children as a result of what's happened to his daughter.

There is no closure for the Kings, though, Brent King said Friday: “It’s only one more unbearably painful memory that we will have to carry in our memory as long as we live.”

My heart just breaks for the Kings, and the Dubois. What an unbeliveable decision they had to make.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2010, 12:52:23 AM »

IMO and I'm not trying to implicate anyone other than John Gardner, they need to look at past hasher runs in the area. 

I agree..................

good idea klaasend

There does seem to be a pattern. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2010, 01:48:38 AM »

Video of his plea:

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2010, 09:17:25 AM »

What a monster. I can bearly think the words without crying yet he is able to admit them without a tear. I only hope that some fellow inmate teaches him what it is like to be raped and strangled.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »

My heart and prayers go out to Chelsea's family and all who love her.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2010, 12:02:55 PM »

I can't even begin to imagine what the King and Dubois families are going through right now.  Chelsea was taken from the King's and found swiftly, the Dubois have had to struggle for 14 mos not knowing where their Amber was. They now have closure but the pain must be excruciating. 

I hope this case will remain in forefront of the news and of our lawmakers because it is a perfect example of how broken the current system is, it has failed to provide safety for our innocent children and their families. If JAG would have been incarcerated for the time recommended by the doctor for the rape he committed 10 years ago Chelsea and Amber would still be alive. IMO monitoring does NOT work, these predators cannot be rehabbed and as far as I am concerned no amount of tracking is going to prevent them from offending again, they need to be locked up from the get go and be done with it. Strike one, your out. 

God Bless the King's and the DuBois.   an angelic monkey

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2010, 06:00:59 PM »

He has waived his right to an appeal
His plea does not insulate him from other charges in the future if they find he is connected to something else. 

Considering how long he had been out on parole, I am afraid there are others.  I think he has been doing this a long time.

I believe there are more...I hope that other cases are been investigated...and more families can get their answers.  If he is really doing the right thing...than he will fess up.  I am shocked that he admitted to both...lots of evidence I am sure...but, to agree to no appeal well that is on him, right?  He still wouldn't have received the DP even if he didn't waive his right to appeals?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2010, 11:17:12 AM »

Psychologist Analyzes John Gardner's Behaviors

SAN DIEGO -- 10 News looked inside the mind of admitted killer John Gardner through the eyes of Doctor Micheal Mantell, a former clinical psychologist with the San Diego Police Department.

Gardner, 31, faces life in prison without parole for murdering 14-year-old Amber Dubois and 17-year-old Chelsea King.

Many who watched Friday’s court proceedings described Gardner as emotionless, but when Mantell watched the video for the first time Saturday, he found some of Gardner’s behaviors to be offensive.

“He’s reacting, showing signs of anxiety and discomfort,” said Mantell as he analyzed Gardner’s every move on the courtroom floor.

Mantell was quick to point out the behaviors he said are characteristic of an anti-social, psychopathic individual. “He is a classic serial, sexual murderer, a lust murderer who murdered for his sexual gratification,” Mantell said.

Mantell said Gardner did not view Chelsea King or Amber Dubois as human beings, but instead simply objects of his deviant sexual fantasies. “When he's looking down my guess is, he's replaying this stuff in his mind. That's how sick and twisted and void of humanity this guy is,” Mantell said.

Mantell added that all the behaviors Gardner displayed are the physiological reactions to his internal psychological state, some of which Mantell found to be repulsive. “Some of it is simply offensive. He doesn’t look at the judge in the eye. His hands start to move, almost in a fist like way.”

Mantell said he noticed the most physical reaction out of Gardner when he heard the judge read aloud his sentence of three consecutive life terms in prison. “A guy like this, could he possibly be sorry for what he's done at all? No. This is a man who can't spell the word remorse, shell of a human being.”

Mantell also analyzed Gardner's signature on his change of plea form. He said it is as if there is not a person owning the signature. He said it is a mess and completely diffuse and without form.

http://www.10news.com/news/23185987/detail.html
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2010, 11:21:48 AM »

Thanks NorthernRose.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2010, 11:22:07 AM »

Father’s comments broke Gardner case
Moe Dubois’ TV remarks provoked Gardner to talk

It was something Moe Dubois said.

His daughter’s jailed killer heard Dubois’ plea at a news conference and decided to lead authorities to the shallow grave where he had left the girl — 14-year-old Amber — a year earlier.

That detail was one of several that stunned Dubois on Thursday during a hush-hush and hastily called meeting with District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis in which the Escondido teenager’s parents learned that her murder had been solved.

“It was quite surprising to us, the fact that he had a moment of remorse and the fact that the moment of remorse came from something I may have said,” Dubois said Saturday in an interview. “Actually, it scares me that I can connect to someone like that.”

Dumanis told Amber’s parents that John Albert Gardner III, 31, had confessed to raping and killing her in exchange for a deal his lawyers had presented to avoid the death penalty in the murder of fellow teenager Chelsea King, 17, of Poway.

Instead, Gardner faces life in prison without a chance of parole or appeal. It’s an outcome the parents of both Chelsea and Amber can accept.

“It was necessary to take him off the streets and put him in a place where you would put a wild animal,” Dubois said. “In a cage.”

Dubois said that prosecutors told him that Gardner had felt remorse after hearing one of Dubois’ pleas for help to find his daughter, and decided to make an offer.

Gardner agreed to take authorities to Amber’s remains in a remote location north of Pala on condition that the information not be used against him.

Dubois said prosecutors accepted that deal, which came as a surprise to him, so that Amber’s family could have some closure and a body to bury — and so that investigators could seek other evidence linking Gardner to the crime. None was ever found, Dumanis said, meaning the only way to connect Gardner to Amber’s death was by a confession, which he gave recently and formalized Friday in court.

Also that day, Dubois pulled out a video of the televised comments that the District Attorney’s Office said had made Gardner remorseful. It was a news conference March 3 after Gardner pleaded not guilty to killing Chelsea.

He said he watched the video twice but does not know which words spurred Gardner to lead authorities to Amber. They found her three days later.

“There was one question specifically that I think personally is what it is, when a reporter asked me how I felt regarding the extra attention on Chelsea’s case in relation to Amber’s case,” Dubois said.

“I noticed in watching me that it took me several seconds to compose myself,” he said. “It was very emotionally a tough question to answer. Any parent is going to say that you want every minute of focus, everyone in the world to stop and find your child, but the reality is it doesn’t work that way.”

Moe Dubois said that he, his girlfriend, Rebecca Smith, and Amber’s mother, Carrie McGonigle, went to the 2 p.m. meeting in Dumanis’ office Thursday thinking prosecutors would say they were charging Gardner in Amber’s death.

Instead, they were floored to hear he had confessed to raping and killing Amber 14 months ago and Chelsea in February and assaulting a college student in December.

Chelsea’s parents, Brent and Kelly King, learned the same information Thursday morning in their own private meeting with Dumanis.

Dubois said Dumanis’ office called him at 9 a.m. Thursday and told him to be at a downtown parking lot a couple of blocks from the District Attorney’s Office in five hours.

He said a deputy district attorney drove up in an unmarked car with tinted windows and took them to a private lot under the courthouse to avoid attention.

After the hourlong meeting, Dubois said, they were walked back to the lot.

Dubois said, “as sick as this sounds,” he’s glad that Gardner gave up Amber’s location.

“Allowing us to have Amber’s body back for burial and for emotional closure is such a big, big thing because where Amber’s body was, we more than likely would never, ever have found her,” he said. “It was so far out of the way.”

On Friday, Gardner admitted to the crimes in open court, in front of the parents of the two girls he killed.

“We had a whole night to mentally prepare ourselves to hear it in court,” Dubois said. “Thankfully, the judge read the statement. I was under the impression that it was going to be read by John Gardner, and that would have been very difficult to hear.”

An hour later, the fathers of the girls whose lives are now linked in death addressed the news media.

Dubois’ words were short and to the point. He thanked the authorities for working diligently on his daughter’s case, “for allowing us to have justice and closure.”

Brent King stood at the lectern longer, characterizing Gardner’s murder of Chelsea as a “despicable, evil act” and saying it was a torturous decision to bless the plea deal that will lock Gardner away but spare his life.

“The Dubois family has been through unthinkable hell the past 14 months,” King said. “We couldn’t imagine the confession to Amber’s murder never seeing the light of day, leaving an eternal question mark.”

Dubois had touched on that uncertainty March 3 in making the statement that perhaps caused Gardner to reach out to prosecutors.

“We are constantly going to keep searching for Amber,” her father said then. “We feel she’s still alive, and we always will feel she’s still alive until we find her and we have her home.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/17/fathers-comments-broke-case/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2010, 01:45:33 AM »

http://www.10news.com/news/23201879/detail.html

Gardner Could Face More Charges With New Info
New Information Could Help Find More Victims Of John Gardner

POSTED: 6:19 pm PDT April 19, 2010
UPDATED: 7:14 pm PDT April 19, 2010

SAN DIEGO -- Although he has pleaded guilty to the murders of Chelsea King and Amber Dubois, John Gardner could be facing more charges.

"Now that they have suspect in custody -- a confessed killer -- now it's easier for them to track back where was he staying and was there anybody in that general area that also came up missing," said Kevin LaChappelle, a former investigator.

Last January, Gardner was pulled over and ticketed for expired license tags on his girlfriend's car in Lake Elsinore at a DUI checkpoint.

Three months earlier, someone tried to kidnap a woman at gunpoint. While a sketch was distributed, San Diego County Sheriff's deputies did not connect it to Gardner, a registered sex offender who was listed in the computer database.

When sheriff's deputies arrested Gardner on suspicion of rape and murder, the search was still under way for Chelsea King. Two days after Gardner was arrested, Chelsea's body was found.

Less than a week later, the remains of Amber Dubois were found. Amber's parents suffered through a year of not knowing, but while the finding of her body was a crushing blow, now they know.

Gardner was sentenced to live in prison without parole, but there's still good reason to close every case possible.

Another family may still be searching for answers or a woman could be living in fear of the man who attacked her.

Some of the case files may be opened to the public after a hearing on Thursday, which could lead to more questions. The file will stay open if new information leads to additional charges.

"Many people think [Gardner is] being locked up for a number of life sentences...but families need closure, if there are any other victims," said LaChappelle.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2010, 05:30:47 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:41:24 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.