April 25, 2024, 04:01:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newborn dead in the trash @ at men's prison La Grange, KY (Mommy arrested)  (Read 8465 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: March 08, 2010, 12:05:28 PM »

Newborn baby found dead at men's prison in Oldham County  
March 8, 2010

A Kentucky State Police are investigating the death of a newborn baby who was discovered hidden in a trash can Sunday at the Roederer Correctional Complex in La Grange.

Police said that they were notified at 4 p.m. that a female visitor at the complex had been taken to Baptist Hospital East for a miscarriage in one of the facilities restrooms that morning. But at the hospital, medical workers discovered she had given birth to a full-term baby, police said.

Police began to search for the baby, whose body was discovered at 4:29 p.m. by corrections staff in a trash receptacle at the facility, police said.

The baby was pronounced dead by Oldham County Coroner Brett Donner at 4:42 p.m., police said.

Police said an autopsy is being performed, and Det. Todd Harwood is investigating the incident.

Reporter Andrea Uhde can be reached at (502) 582-4663.
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100308/ZONE09/3080329/Newborn+baby+found+dead+at+men+s+prison+in+Oldham+County
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:05:08 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 01:35:49 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 01:00:48 PM »

Updated: 12:45 PM Mar 10, 2010

Mother accused of murdering newborn pleads not guilty
20-year-old Ashley Cox, of Corbin, pleaded not guilty during her arraignment in Oldham County Wednesday.

Posted: 12:34 PM Mar 10, 2010

Ashley Cox stood before a judge for the first time Wednesday morning, to answer to murder charges. She pleaded not guilty during her arraignment in Oldham County.

State police say the 20-year-old, from Corbin, murdered the newborn Sunday, after giving birth at a prison in Oldham County, where she was visiting an inmate.

Police now say Cox stuffed toilet paper in her newborn daughter's mouth until the baby stopped breathing.

Police charged Cox with first degree murder Monday afternoon, a day after the baby's body was found.

Police say after giving birth, Cox told prison officials she had a miscarriage. She was taken to a Louisville hospital for treatment.

Once there, doctors quickly determined she had actually given birth to a full term baby.

Soon after, blood was discovered on the floor of the prison restroom. Police say the baby's body was then found in a trash can in the restroom.

An autopsy determined the baby was killed, and Tuesday, police released the new details on how they say Cox suffocated the infant.

Police say Cox was at the prison visiting a man from Whitley County. They have not said how Cox knew the man, but they do say he is not believed to be the newborn's father.

Cox is now being held at the Oldham County Jail. In addition to the murder charge, she's also charged with concealing the birth of an infant.

She's scheduled to be back in court next Wednesday for a hearing.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/87241017.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 01:11:39 PM »

A 20-year-old Corbin woman has been charged with murder after she gave
birth to a baby girl in a visitors' restroom at a state prison in La
Grange on Sunday and hid the baby in a trash bin, police said.

The baby was found dead hours later.Kentucky State Police arrested Ashley Nicole Cox on Monday and charged her with first-degree murder and concealing the birth of an infant.

Cox was being held at the Oldham County Jail. Preliminary autopsy results show her baby was alive and healthy when she was born at the Roederer Correctional Complex, police said. The cause of death
has not been determined.According to an arrest citation, Cox is accused of forcing toilet paper into the baby's mouth until it was unable to breathe.

Cox was visiting inmate Justin Bell, 21, at the medium-security men's
prison Sunday morning when she went to the bathroom near the visiting
room, according to state police and Lisa Lamb, spokeswoman for the
Kentucky Department of Corrections. Cox had arrived about 8:45 a.m. with two other people, and after passing through security entered the visiting room about 10 a.m., Lamb said. It was not apparent that Cox was in labor when she went to the single-stall restroom about 10:55 a.m., Lamb said. No
one heard anything, she said. But when the staff noticed that she'd
been in there too long, they knocked on the door, got her to open the
door and saw the blood.

She said the staff reported that Cox had been in the restroom for 10 to 12 minutes.Lamb said she's not sure what explanation Cox gave, but she did not tell the staff she'd given birth.At no time did Cox indicate she was in distress, call out for help, or try and obtain help while at the prison, Lamb said.The restrooms are near the visiting room, a noisy room, and Sunday's the biggest day for visitors, she said.A medical staff member at the prison was notified about Cox's bleeding and called Oldham County EMS.

EMS director Ron Wilder said his department was responding to a call about
a miscarriage, but when the team arrived, Cox seemed to indicate there
hadn't been a miscarriage.
I can't tell you what she said, but it led us to believe there was no fetus, just heavy bleeding, Wilder said. So EMS did not search for a fetus, which is standard procedure for a miscarriage, Wilder said.EMS took Cox to Baptist Hospital East at 11:44 a.m.

About 4 p.m., Oldham County Dispatch notified prison employees that Cox had given birth to a full-term baby, but the child was missing and might
be in a trash can, in the restroom, in the visiting room, Lamb said.Staff began to search for the baby, and Oldham dispatch alerted Kentucky State Police. The trash bin in the restroom had been emptied after Cox was taken to the hospital, said state police Trooper Michael Webb, and the employees
didn't realize what had taken place.The child was found in a different trash receptacle at the prison at 4:29 p.m., police said.

After unsuccessful efforts at resuscitation, the baby was pronounced dead by
Oldham County Coroner Brett Donner at 4:42 p.m., police said.Police have not identified the baby's father. Webb said he's not sure of Cox's relationship with Bell, who he said has been held at the prison for 10 months on burglary and theft charges.Webb said Cox has a 2-year-old daughter and is going through a divorce.Corbin, her hometown, is 165 miles southeast of Louisville.Roederer, on Morgan Road, houses 982 inmates and serves as a state assessment center for male inmates.
http://www.icrawl.org/44034265360-newborn-jane-cox-corbin-oldham-county-ky

This came out rather garbled when I pasted it. Tried to fix it the best I could. I don't think anything is missing. This woman deserves nothing less than DP 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 01:15:36 PM »

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100309/NEWS010703/100309005/Woman-charged-with-murder-of-dead-baby-found-at-prison

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.