March 28, 2024, 04:24:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #574 1/15 - 1/17/2007  (Read 98984 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 15, 2007, 02:10:44 AM »

Let's hope 2007 brings Justice for Natalee

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 12:05:02 PM »

Good morning, Monkey-monks!

BRING NATALEE HOME
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 12:05:05 PM »

Whew!  Thought you had abandoned us.  What's this about the Saints?

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 12:05:28 PM »

Lil Puma - what area of the country do you live in? It's still warm here in Tennessee today. We have the heat turned off and the windows open again.

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 12:05:57 PM »

They just said on TV that the FBI has checked Ben Owenby's computer to see if Ben had any contact with Shawn or Devlin and NOTHING was found.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 12:06:39 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Lil Puma - what area of the country do you live in? It's still warm here in Tennessee today. We have the heat turned off and the windows open again.

41 degrees here in Southern California and I'm freezing!
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 12:07:02 PM »

I live in Chicago.  That's why I asked about the Saints.  They'll be here next weekend.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 12:08:06 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

41 degrees is shorts and t-shirt weather  Shocked

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 12:08:16 PM »

Well, we're supposed to have a high in the 40s tomorrow, so I'm enjoying the flukes of El Nino while I can.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 12:11:16 PM »

Some reporter found a lone Saints fan on the snowy streets of Chicago -- it's coming down much harder now -- says he's from NO.  He was followed by a bunch of guys do a Bears rap thang.   Laughing  America does love their sports.   Smile

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 12:13:15 PM »

Just a quick story from my own personal experience about children.  When my daughter was in high school her Senior year, this young man started high school here.  He was very quiet.  He was in an English class and my daughter was in and out of the class often because the school newspaper was in the same room.  She had to visit during the day to use the computer.  The first week or so she came home and told me about this nice little fellow named Nathan and how he was so shy.  Well, he seemed to talk to her a lot and she sort of just took him under her wing and helped him adjust to life at a new high school.  After about a month he confided in her that he was living with his mother and that his father had died in June of the that year.   He talked and talked to her and one day she came home and confided in me that he was indeed living with his mother, long divorced from his dad and that his dad had died in June.  The mother had taken him, she had only visitation rights at the time, the day after his dad had died and brought him here.  He had known only his dad since he was about 6 years old.  The dad had removed him from a terrible homelife with a mother that was mentally ill.  Yes, she is on treatment.  My daughter wrote letters to his family and they were so happy, since they didn't know where he was or anything.  It was really a sad situation.  She was very mean to this kid, all she really cared about was this kid's inheritance.  I am not kidding here.  This mother even threw this kid's cell phone out the window one day driving down the interstate and threatened to push him out.  He jumped out of the car and ran away and called my daughter.  She was so upset that she finally told me everything and we went to her school counselor. It took months of legal wrangling and all kinds of stuff, but he graduated from his old high school and is attending college now and plans on becoming an attorney and delving into politics.  This kid is really intelligent.  He just didn't have the resources to help him until my kid came along and had the courage to step out and do something.  The mother  threatened everyone and the police came to the school, but Nathan got help and is now one of my daughter's dearest friends.  Funny how life intermingles.  This story is much more detailed than I have related here but that is the jist of it anyway.  It's a story I never imagined would happen to us, but it did.

This was a smart kid, but had no way of making any contacts with anyone so I wonder had my own kid not been so nosy where would he be now?Nobody at the school even noticed this boy and his troubles.  He was 15 at the time too. Just pondering everyone's thoughts on the other boy about why some do things and others don't.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 12:14:20 PM »

Leslie's post from previous LD thread:

From Solo di Pueblo: January 12, 2007

E caso di Natalee Holloway a causa un daņo enorme na economia y na turismo di Aruba.

Translated

The case of Natalee Holloway is the cause of enormous damage to the tourism economy of Aruba.

Exclamation

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 12:14:30 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

I live in Chicago.  That's why I asked about the Saints.  They'll be here next weekend.

Yep, the saints are comin.....
Seriously it is especially hard for me as I grew up being a Bears fan , then moved down south and have followed the Saints through so many bad years that it is a kick for them to have made it this far.... unlike my hubby and son I will have a hard time rooting against DaBears.....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 12:15:10 PM »

Well, we're supposed to have a high in the 40s tomorrow, so I'm enjoying the flukes of El Nino while I can.  Laughing

I've read that you should open a window or two for at least 10-15 minutes a day.  Indoor air pollution has become a key factor in increased cases of asthma, bronchitis and cancer due to chemicals in carpet, furniture and cleaning products.

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 12:15:27 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

41 degrees is shorts and t-shirt weather  Shocked

People do that here too, anything over 40 is considered good for shorts!

Maine, born and raised!
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 12:16:54 PM »

Quote from: "Dayhiker"
Leslie's post from previous LD thread:

From Solo di Pueblo: January 12, 2007

E caso di Natalee Holloway a causa un daņo enorme na economia y na turismo di Aruba.

Translated

The case of Natalee Holloway is the cause of enormous damage to the tourism economy of Aruba.

Exclamation

So it finally made the news!   Rolling Eyes  Laughing

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 12:18:48 PM »

Because I work for an agency that provides preschool classes, we have to have indepth education every year about child abuse. As a couple of people here have already said, it is not difficult to intimidate children into compliance with whatever is said and done to them - even teenage children. That's one of the things that we're told every year.

Lalas, thanks for your story about your daughter's friend. It illustrates what happens to so many children when they are placed in a threatening situation. Even young teens are not truly in control of their lives because they don't have the resources to be self-sustaining. I'm so glad you and your daughter had the courage to help that young man.

I Stand With The Girl
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 12:21:04 PM »

Lala's, your daughter's compassion for the new shy kid made a dramatic difference in this guy's life.  Shows how a little kindness and interest can do so much.  You should be so proud!  That's a feel-good story.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 12:21:19 PM »

Lalas, your daughter is really a special person to reach out to that boy.... that story touched my heart...

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 12:21:44 PM »

Klaas,  we are in the far east part of Phoenix, and it was 22 degrees here at 7AM.  I'm with AZLady,  baby it is cold outside!!  All of the ficus trees are bronze, brown or black in our neighborhood.  It looks like a bomb went off last night, and all the plants here a krispy critters. Many broken pipes in our area.  Very strange weather.  At least you would think we would get some snow or something to celebrate with all this cold, but it is dry and sunny.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.