April 27, 2024, 12:09:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #574 1/15 - 1/17/2007  (Read 100533 times)
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2007, 08:17:21 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
I wanna St. Patrick's avatar.

My ancestors had a castle in the 1500's in County Clare Ireland.  Smile

Hi BT  -  CBB is already on the job with those.    My ancestors escaped to Northern Ireland hundred of years ago when they hunted all the protestants out of Scotland.  Something about  inheriting  Shanes Castle in Northern Ireland but would inherit a huge debt also so not going into that one.   Laughing  Laughing

Well, my ancestors supposedly lived at Ballygriffy and had a castle there. After the castle fell, my dad swears they all became horse thieves.  Laughing

Yes and they worry about convict ancestry here  Laughing  Laughing   Most of the convicts were sent out here on trumped up charges just to get the people  who were skilled in trades etc. to help build up the colony.  Women arrested and sent out here for obvious reasons.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2007, 08:21:14 PM »

Hi BT  -  CBB is already on the job with those.    My ancestors escaped to Northern Ireland hundred of years ago when they hunted all the protestants out of Scotland.  Something about  inheriting  Shanes Castle in Northern Ireland but would inherit a huge debt also so not going into that one.   Laughing  Laughing

Well, my ancestors supposedly lived at Ballygriffy and had a castle there. After the castle fell, my dad swears they all became horse thieves.  Laughing

Yes and they worry about convict ancestry here  Laughing  Laughing   Most of the convicts were sent out here on trumped up charges just to get the people  who were skilled in trades etc. to help build up the colony.  Women arrested and sent out here for obvious reasons.

Always wondered about that, were the folks just incarcerated when they got there, or were they let loose to try and create a new life there?

Or did they serve their time and then get released and just stay there?

I would imagine along with the convicts showing up there were plenty of legitimage colonizers showing up looking for a new life as well.

Who handled dividing up the interior?
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2007, 08:21:34 PM »

Well, Georgia (where some of my ancestors ended up) was a penal colony as well. I think they were mostly debtors, and it doesn't seem that the family luck has changed much.  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2007, 08:23:01 PM »

Klaas  -  klaas  -  klaas

It worked !  I did it !   I did it !

Now I am really swinging through the branches this morning.  On a roll!!

Thank you for your help.       Learning - learning - learning  Wink  Wink

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2007, 08:23:48 PM »

Well, Georgia (where some of my ancestors ended up) was a penal colony as well. I think they were mostly debtors, and it doesn't seem that the family luck has changed much.  Laughing  Laughing

Near as I can tell I hold to title to being the first and only college graduate on either side of my clan.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2007, 08:23:54 PM »

Hi Monkeys,
So mad I could spit except for getting put in Lalas book. I had a post almost finished and lost my connection. On Hubbys computer since mine crashed and I think his modem is going. I was being stupid and used AoL as my browser. So when I was shut off I also lost my post.

I am doing a survey here. My mug came by way of Louisville, KY. It was the right one. What I am wondering is where the wrong ones came from?
Could all the wrong ones be from  a different place?

Just a swinging with the tribe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2007, 08:28:01 PM »

Klaas  -  klaas  -  klaas

It worked !  I did it !   I did it !

Now I am really swinging through the branches this morning.  On a roll!!

Thank you for your help.       Learning - learning - learning  Wink  Wink

I knew you could!  Laughing
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2007, 08:28:41 PM »

Tibro
Many of the Code Talkers have long asserted that Mary was indeed Natalee.  I am not so sure. If the Mary reference concerns Natalee, the "was not a virgin" statement could be taken to mean that she had participated in other activity before the kidnapping and assault byt the 3 perps.  I am not saying that is the case, just that I have read it as an interpretation.  I have long wondered myself if Mary is actually referring to Natalee.  It could esaily be what you think.  Although, I do believe that the "rolled" reference is an indication of being given ecstacy or the term for a drug induced state as a result of a Rave party.  I tend to forget all this stuff from time to time, but I am certain there is a monkey out there that remembers for certain. If I think more on this, I will remember what was discussed concerning the references.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2007, 08:30:35 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Did someone mention holiday set?   Laughing

Yeah! See, Lala's! I think Tibro's tickeling a Leprachaun!

Shocked  Shocked  Laughing

CBB

That is hilarious!!!!!!!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Think so?

Laughing  Laughing
I gotta run!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2007, 08:32:26 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Always wondered about that, were the folks just incarcerated when they got there, or were they let loose to try and create a new life there?

Or did they serve their time and then get released and just stay there?

I would imagine along with the convicts showing up there were plenty of legitimage colonizers showing up looking for a new life as well.

Who handled dividing up the interior?

No they were picked up on the streets or dragged out of the houses and thrown in goal, tried and convicted then loaded on ships, chained below decks in deplorable conditions and if they survived were incarcerated here and sent out in working gangs to build roads and buildings etc.  Once they had served their term or impressed someone in authority with their skills they were pardoned and nearly always given grant of land so they stayed here.   Would not have been able to afford their passage back for many years anyway.   Yes once colony first established many many free settlers came by sailing ships looking for a new better life and also employed a lot of the convicts similar to your slaves.

States governed separately until Federation in 1901 when we became one big happy country.

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2007, 08:34:06 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
Hi Monkeys,
So mad I could spit except for getting put in Lalas book. I had a post almost finished and lost my connection. On Hubbys computer since mine crashed and I think his modem is going. I was being stupid and used AoL as my browser. So when I was shut off I also lost my post.

I am doing a survey here. My mug came by way of Louisville, KY. It was the right one. What I am wondering is where the wrong ones came from?

Mine(Sue's) shipped from Louisville, KY too.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2007, 08:36:38 PM »

Think so?

Laughing  Laughing
I gotta run!

CBB!!!!!

I love it!!!!! Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

Mine(Sue's) shipped from Louisville, KY too.

Ok , That blew that theory. I thought maybe they were from CA. And it was non English speaking.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2007, 08:41:46 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

Sam - permission to spit.  Just test the wind direction first - OK?

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2007, 08:43:42 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

Sam - permission to spit.  Just test the wind direction first - OK?

Ah, I think Lala's in charge of spitting permissions.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2007, 08:45:19 PM »

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2007, 08:45:28 PM »

I was on earlier today just reading. Came across this post from BT. I loved it BT.
"Seriously, I have made it one of the goals in my life to get along with as many people as I can, and I do genuinely like most people. When I "look" at Carnut, I do truly see someone who is much softer inside than what is reflected in the things he says. Maybe I just see the world through rose-colored glasses after all."

We could all use some rose colored glasses.

I too think Carnut is not as jaded as he leads us to believe. He just has a different way of expressing himself. JMHO

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2007, 08:45:55 PM »

Did someone mention holiday set?   Laughing

Yeah! See, Lala's! I think Tibro's tickeling a Leprachaun!

Shocked  Shocked  Laughing

LOL CBB...that ain't what it looks like to me  Shocked

Finally got mug #1 today from Indy Dan!! Way to go, my man!!!!!!

Nice big mug and heavy enough to use as a weapon should the need arise... Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Bring Natalee home...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2007, 08:45:56 PM »

There are 20 d**m frames in that BT and each one has to be "erased" from the trash ( white stuff) and I don't have time right now, so don't save it, yet!  Wink  It'll be done before St Patt's day!

BYE!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

OMG! You go girl! LOVE IT!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.