April 27, 2024, 08:39:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #574 1/15 - 1/17/2007  (Read 100569 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2007, 02:15:16 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
Sorry this is so long...but found quotes about blood cleaning fluid.  Can't find primary link.

http://tinyurl.com/ybuhcd

Thank you so very much, Buckeye!  The tinyurl doesn't work for me.  Should it?  Didn't think anyone was even paying attention to the things to send to deVries and can't tell you how much it means to have someone else help us!

I take it you had this saved?  The new Haskiboko only goes back to about May of last year, right?  Or did you find the old site?  That's the place most of the interviews with KJ were posted.

Thanks again.  Did you post this in the thread for things to send to Peter de Vries in the Important Document Section?  I will if you didn't or
MsMarple will with accreditation to you.  She is tops at that.   Wink

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2007, 02:18:17 PM »

Quote from: "Dayhiker"
Leslie's post from previous LD thread:

From Solo di Pueblo: January 12, 2007

E caso di Natalee Holloway a causa un daņo enorme na economia y na turismo di Aruba.

Translated

The case of Natalee Holloway is the cause of enormous damage to the tourism economy of Aruba.

Exclamation

Gee, it took them all this time to figure that out?  duh

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2007, 02:21:13 PM »

E caso di Natalee Holloway a causa un daņo enorme na economia y na turismo di Aruba.

Translated

The case of Natalee Holloway is the cause of enormous damage to the tourism economy of Aruba.

Exclamation

That could be worded a bit differently.  How about Lack of Investigation Into Disappearance of Natalee Holloway the cause of enormous damage to tourism?

. Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 02:21:20 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "Buckeye"
Sorry this is so long...but found quotes about blood cleaning fluid.  Can't find primary link.

http://tinyurl.com/ybuhcd

Thank you so very much, Buckeye!  The tinyurl doesn't work for me.  Should it?  Didn't think anyone was even paying attention to the things to send to deVries and can't tell you how much it means to have someone else help us!

I take it you had this saved?  The new Haskiboko only goes back to about May of last year, right?  Or did you find the old site?  That's the place most of the interviews with KJ were posted.

Thanks again.  Did you post this in the thread for things to send to Peter de Vries in the Important Document Section?  I will if you didn't or
MsMarple will with accreditation to you.  She is tops at that.   Wink

Anna - just emailed you the long url for the tiny one above.  It worked for me.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2007, 02:22:51 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Just posted by Crioyo on the front page of SM:

Another suicide this morning. Tow truck driver, last name wessels. Gassed himself with car exhaust I think..
Found today. They say he was prob lonely, and his wife btw
killed herself a couple years ago by drinking poison, according to what they said on the news.

So you see Monkeys, Arubans are sad..The boycott will probably get more of us depressed and killed.

Hmmm....I can't believe the boycott had anything to do with this unfortunate person's suicide. However, if the boycott is indeed making Arubans be depressed, I think now might be the time for them to start speaking out against the corruption that is causing the boycott.

I Stand With The Girl
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2007, 02:25:38 PM »

Translated

Exclamation

You are right, Anna, but you know, they have to blame the victim!

That could be worded a bit differently.  How about Lack of Investigation Into Disappearance of Natalee Holloway the cause of enormous damage to tourism?

. Very Happy

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2007, 02:26:03 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

Another suicide this morning. Tow truck driver, last name wessels. Gassed himself with car exhaust I think..
killed herself a couple years ago by drinking poison, according to what they said on the news.

So you see Monkeys, Arubans are sad..The boycott will probably get more of us depressed and killed.

Hmmm....I can't believe the boycott had anything to do with this unfortunate person's suicide. However, if the boycott is indeed making Arubans be depressed, I think now might be the time for them to start speaking out against the corruption that is causing the boycott.

I think Crioyo was being sarcastic.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2007, 02:26:10 PM »

Perhaps instead of killing themselves, they might want to organize one of those protests like they did against Beth except this time against those who refused to investigate and used techniques the Dutch law professors called insane and unprofessional.

Just a thought. . . .

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2007, 02:38:22 PM »

Thanks, Klaas!  The long one worked fine.  Very interesting stuff on that page.  Think maybe the whole link should go to PdVries?  

Since it has the subject highlighted nicely, might not hurt.  

Also, we are now listing suicides on the Murder and Crime Thread as most places do consider it more or less a crime as a self-inflicted homicide, etc.

Why on earth were they calling Aruba One HAPPY Island of all things with a suicide rate so high?  Talk about your misnomers!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Katysmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2007, 02:44:29 PM »

Does anyone know when Peter Devries is going to do his next segment on Natalee?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2007, 02:48:21 PM »

Katysmom - that picture is really cute but just a little large, lol  Laughing

No, don't know when De Vries plans his followup.  On his website it appears his next show will be in March but it doesn't say what the show will cover.
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2007, 02:49:52 PM »

No, don't know when De Vries plans his followup.  On his website it appears his next show will be in March but it doesn't say what the show will cover.

I was trying to put on a new avatar, but once again, I've proven I'm an idiot.  I just can't do it.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2007, 02:56:32 PM »

What is this island, some kind of an island for suicide cults.  I have lived in this same town about the size of Aruba for 12 years and to my knowledge, there has been one suicide here, an older man who had metastatic cancer to his brain.  Good Lord, this has to be Guiness record for suicide in Aruba.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2007, 02:58:28 PM »

Perhaps instead of killing themselves, they might want to organize one of those protests like they did against Beth except this time against those who refused to investigate and used techniques the Dutch law professors called insane and unprofessional.

Just a thought. . . .

And that was my thought exactly, Anna.  NO one is depressed about anything except wondering if they will be the next one on Aruba's hit list.  That is a scary place.  I think the suicides are more likely murders, but it would be hard to prove as no investigation will be forthcoming from Suicide Island.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2007, 02:58:37 PM »

Quote from: "Katysmom"
[ will cover.

I was trying to put on a new avatar, but once again, I've proven I'm an idiot.  I just can't do it.[/quote]

No, you aren't.  When I came to SM I couldn't even follow the Threads.  If you have the free Photobucket account, you can chose avatar size or 100 x 100.  Or click edit over the little photo and resize it smaller.

You just have to fool around with the little images to get used to them and changing sizes, etc.

But you can do it if I can for I have no computer training at all, ever.  And am not so inclined nor talented in any way.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2007, 02:59:01 PM »

I was trying to put on a new avatar, but once again, I've proven I'm an idiot.  I just can't do it.

Probably because the resolution of that photo is too large.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2007, 03:01:40 PM »

Probably because the resolution of that photo is too large.

If that photo was in photobucket you can resize it there.  Click on edit photo then resize.  Change it to avatar size.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2007, 03:05:55 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Growing up in Chicago, I thought that being a Bears fan was a lot like the mob.  You can't just quit.  It's a lifelong commitment.   Razz

Tell me about it.  My DH  bought a jersey...the kind the players wear.  Good grief.  He wore it all day Sunday.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2007, 03:06:43 PM »

"The Dutch Act" traditionally refers to suicide.  International statistics do not support the Dutch as being the largest number of suicides but rather another Scandinavian country, similar genetics, etc. And we never know how truthful in reporting things are where self-notification is used.

Web references to The Dutch Act and suicide

http://www.reference.com/search?q=Dutch%20act&r=d&db=web

With a family of Dutch ethnicity/ancestry, these things are better known than not I suppose.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2007, 03:10:19 PM »

I think maybe it is the Finnish who carry the highest suicide rate per capita but that is from memory and not from looking it up.  I wonder how Arubans compare.

But again, self-reporting being what it is, might be like the one murder in the last twenty years crap!   Confused

And I wonder why the Scandanavians all have such a high rate.  Lack of sunshine might be considered a reason, seasonal affective disorder or something perhaps.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.