April 28, 2024, 07:48:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #574 1/15 - 1/17/2007  (Read 100599 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #400 on: January 16, 2007, 02:12:44 AM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Time for me to hug Nemo and get to bed.  All this dancing has worn me out. I think I outlasted everyone else.  Does that mean I get the prize?  I bet the Shango haters will be disappointed to read the overnight stuff.  Laughing  Laughing

HEHE Nite, I'm turning in too........thanks for the Shango chat, love it!

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #401 on: January 16, 2007, 02:16:57 AM »

Do you think Shango was Aruban by way of Holland and had sworn some kind of allegiance to Aruba, and the Frenchmen who are not held in high esteem by the Dutch as Dilbart was so quick to point out was Simian a/k/a our friend Tito and Shango was another of our posters.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
IBE
Monkey Junky

CRS
« Reply #402 on: January 16, 2007, 02:29:57 AM »

Carnut
I'm reading past pages. What is "CRS"? Thanks

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: January 16, 2007, 03:29:21 AM »

Klaas, isn't there another version of this cartoon that showed more hotel windows and someone in the window?

I have had too many hard disk drive crashes lately to every dig it up here.

Will all the archives before the first crash be online again?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #404 on: January 16, 2007, 04:29:20 AM »

CBB oh how cute! I just switched from browsers again, Safari into Netscape and see that the avatars are animated.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #405 on: January 16, 2007, 04:31:28 AM »

Odd, just looked at my recent posts and the are all an hour apart. Gosh the Shango tango has turned me into a clock!

Good morning all... I will be alseep when you read this

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #406 on: January 16, 2007, 04:59:59 AM »

Ssssshhhh -  all the monkeys are asleep.
I am sweeping, mopping and dusting.  Trying not to make much noise so I do not wake any monkeys.
Hope you all enjoy the clean cage tomorrow.  Please don't mess it up before I get back.
 Cool  Cool

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #407 on: January 16, 2007, 07:27:32 AM »

Can someone translate this, or am I too late?  It was Diario

APELACION DI O.M CONTRA PAULUS VAN DER SLOOT A TUMA LUGAR AYERA

ORANJESTAD(AAN): Dialuna mainta a tuma lugar e caso cu Ministerio Publico a entama contra Paul van der Sloot.
Algun tempo pasa van der Sloot a entama un caso di daño y perhuicio, pa e daño cu el a sufri entre otro pa loke ta e puesto di huez cu e lo por a haya.
Huez den e caso ey a otorga un suma di varios mil florin na van der Sloot, kende actualmente ta traha como abogado.

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #408 on: January 16, 2007, 08:17:48 AM »

Diario
http://www.diarioaruba.com/
Amigoe
http://www.amigoe.com/english/
BonDia
http://www.cspnv.com/
Solo di Pueblo
http://www.solodipueblo.com/
AweMainta
http://www.awemainta.com/
Aruba Today
http://www.arubatoday.com/
Translator:
http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #409 on: January 16, 2007, 08:26:31 AM »

Good morning.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #410 on: January 16, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »

MF is talking on FOB about the new prosecutor being Lugo.  Lugo has a history.  She was the prosecutor involved in the American female "falling" over the railing.

Summoned by hotel security, two Aruban police detectives secured the scene and, several hours later, took a statement from Roy. At the time, police were unaware of the 10-minute gap. They had not seen the video. They did not interrogate or detain him. He was agitated, so they sent him to Aruba's only hospital for psychiatric observation.

Roy returned to the hotel the next morning and called Renee's family and made plans to leave the island. It was a day before his scheduled return, and Renee's body was in the morgue.

Through their shock and grief, her brothers begged him to stay with her. He refused, trusting Renee's body to an Aruban mortician, Eugene Maduro, until her brothers could fly down.

''While I was in the [hotel] room he was on the phone with someone,'' Maduro said. ''I heard him say, `What am I going to do now with the damn kids?' That stayed with me. And he leaves without her?''

With little investigation, police allowed Roy to change flights and leave that day for Boston, effectively closing the case. ''It looked like it was an accident, and we couldn't prove that the other person had something to do with a crime,'' said prosecutor Elivia Lugo.
The next day, Renee's brothers Michael and John flew to Aruba to retrieve their sister's body. They began asking questions of hotel officials and authorities; they began to doubt Roy's story and the competence of the Aruban police.

They won help from Barbara Stephenson, the US consul general to Aruba. Troubled by what they told her, Stephenson arranged Aruban approval for an FBI evidence team to fly to the island later that week to work with Aruban authorities.

FBI officials have refused to comment about what they found. But both US and Aruban officials involved with the case said in interviews that evidence from the joint investigation suggested Roy's story was false.

From the outset, it seemed implausible that Renee had simply fallen over a 44-inch-high safety railing whose top bar would have nestled under her rib cage. No one had ever fallen over the railings; the only known balcony death at the Wyndham was a suicide several years ago. A new theory began to form.

http://tinyurl.com/y9ruuj

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #411 on: January 16, 2007, 08:39:33 AM »

Full article is also in SM Murder and Crime thread.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #412 on: January 16, 2007, 09:05:31 AM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"

Thank you.  Very interesting.  

Why am I not surprised?  

Seems the one sad island has had practice deceiving those on whom it depends for its livelihood.  

What a shame.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #413 on: January 16, 2007, 09:09:04 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Buckeye"

Thank you.  Very interesting.  

Why am I not surprised?  

Seems the one sad island has had practice deceiving those on whom it depends for its livelihood.  

What a shame.

Yes...the old " no evidence of a crime" mantra.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #414 on: January 16, 2007, 09:16:06 AM »

Hotshot - Sorry, I couldn't make heads or tails out of your Diario article re. PVDS.

There's another item in today's Diario that I can't pull up the story for. Front page top headline "Turismo di Baratiyo a Haci su Entrada." Anyone?

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: January 16, 2007, 09:29:14 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Hotshot - Sorry, I couldn't make heads or tails out of your Diario article re. PVDS.

There's another item in today's Diario that I can't pull up the story for. Front page top headline "Turismo di Baratiyo a Haci su Entrada." Anyone?

Is this the article msmarple?

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #416 on: January 16, 2007, 09:34:04 AM »

San - Yes. Maybe with your screen shot I can try to read the caption. (Well, on the %#%% pap translator.)

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #417 on: January 16, 2007, 09:45:47 AM »

Okay, this doesn't seem to be anything earthshaking. Don't take this to the bank, but apparently a fellow inside his (?) house was feared to be harming himself or potentially others. Possibly a gun involved. Door barricaded. Parimedics & ambulance carted him off. Apparently had been treated for depression in the past, or that's what going to happen now. Apparently from Holland.

yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #418 on: January 16, 2007, 09:51:24 AM »

Quote from: "Hotshot"
Can someone translate this, or am I too late?  It was Diario

ORANJESTAD(AAN): Dialuna mainta a tuma lugar e caso cu Ministerio Publico a entama contra Paul van der Sloot.
Algun tempo pasa van der Sloot a entama un caso di daño y perhuicio, pa e daño cu el a sufri entre otro pa loke ta e puesto di huez cu e lo por a haya.
Huez den e caso ey a otorga un suma di varios mil florin na van der Sloot, kende actualmente ta traha como abogado.

Hotshot not sure but I think this is the translation for the article. Was posted by MF @ FOB

Posted: Tue Jan 16th, 2007 06:53 am
Some say the decision could come sooner, but the official word is that it will come on February 6, 2007 in the morning.

Yesterday the supreme court handled the case in which the Prosecutor's Office appealed the case in which mr. P. vd S. was awarded over Afls. 50.000,- in a case where the judge agreed that there was no reason for his detention. When the Prosecutor's Office appealed the case, the lawyers for vd. S. also did the same.

The Prosecutor's Office, defended by mr. Jorg insisted that vd. S. was not entitled to any money, since there were reasons to detained the person, but the lawyer for vd. S. mr. Swaen refused this and said that the amount due is nothing compared to the damages his client suffered during this ordeal.

The three judges will evaluate the case and the decision made in Curacao next month.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: January 16, 2007, 09:51:54 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Okay, this doesn't seem to be anything earthshaking. Don't take this to the bank, but apparently a fellow inside his (?) house was feared to be harming himself or potentially others. Possibly a gun involved. Door barricaded. Parimedics & ambulance carted him off. Apparently had been treated for depression in the past, or that's what going to happen now. Apparently from Holland.

Here is the article regarding Paulus:

Ministerio Publico no tabata di acuerdo cu e veredicto aki y a dicidi di apela.
Dialuna e caso a tuma lugar, pero esaki tabata cera pa publico y prensa.
DIARIO a purba di haya contacto cu abogado Arie Swaen kende ta representa mr van der Sloot pa haya mas detaye, sinembargo esaki no a logra.
Mirando cu durante cierto casonan di corte superior Dialuna e hueznan a bisa cu awe mes nan lo duna nan veredicto, probablemente esaki tambe lo ta e caso den e caso aki.

DIARIO mayan lo duna mas informacion tocante di e caso aki y otro casonan di corte superior.

========================

Paulus' lawyer is a very influential guy.  He is on the board of the Centrale Bank van Aruba.

I wonder if he was at Paulus' house that night Wink .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.