April 27, 2024, 08:00:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #574 1/15 - 1/17/2007  (Read 100567 times)
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #540 on: January 16, 2007, 04:46:21 PM »

I do not want to get in trouble,but remember virgin is a more flexible term today(thank Bill C.).So much depends of half facts,like gcv groped NAH at the HI and she hit hit(not slapped).He had ties to the police.This is worse than my family tree,with all the intertrwined roots.I still think Justice is coming.Oh my wife is the full blooded suomi,I am a mixed American.You know Lady and the tramp.The suicide rate is tied to SAD,since for 3-4 there is almost no sunlight,but in summer it is the reverse.CAT

Live with hope,looking for justice
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #541 on: January 16, 2007, 04:51:13 PM »

The hearing will after the removal of judge hearing and or appeal.Also,this Judge may have a history with JQK<don't know.That is a strong opening petition,IMO.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #542 on: January 16, 2007, 04:52:21 PM »

Quote from: "snoopy"
BBL ya'll.  I'm multi-tasking today, and am now bravely going into son's room because I just can't stand it any longer.  Have gas mask, rubber gloves will travel.  Rolling Eyes

Good afternoon monkeys!

Snoopy, I can so relate to this... once my son broke his foot in two places
"walking" in his room..... the doctors and nurses were skeptical, but I knew that if they went into that room they would understand....plus it always smells like a locker room.... Rolling Eyes  Wink

Just got in from work and have to make sure my kid is doing his breathing treatments ....he has a nasty case of bronchitis....so can't hang around long.....Have we hear any news today?

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #543 on: January 16, 2007, 04:52:53 PM »

Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
Quote from: "snoopy"
BBL ya'll.  I'm multi-tasking today, and am now bravely going into son's room because I just can't stand it any longer.  Have gas mask, rubber gloves will travel.  Rolling Eyes

Good afternoon monkeys!

Snoopy, I can so relate to this... once my son broke his foot in two places
"walking" in his room..... the doctors and nurses were skeptical, but I knew that if they went into that room they would understand....plus it always smells like a locker room.... Rolling Eyes  Wink

Just got in from work and have to make sure my kid is doing his breathing treatments ....he has a nasty case of bronchitis....so can't hang around long.....Have we hear any news today?

HEARD.... Rolling Eyes

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: January 16, 2007, 05:03:55 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Perhaps he has links to K2 attorney, to Tacopino either through personal dealings or something that would prejudice him through personal relationships.  Or --- maybe he had to answer a questionnaire and admitted he posted nasty things about Beth on Refugees.

LOL, Tyler.

Yes, I would assume it has to do with previous cases in which he has been or possibly still is involved.  Oprah, Phil, TV Network, all huge and lots of possibilities there.  At any given time, I would imagine there would be a fair number of suits pending or in progress.  

But remember that this is Dr. Phil's forte.  Actually, jury selection is.  That is how he met Oprah, etc. So I do tend to think that he would also have pretty good judgment in regard to selecting a judge as well.

I think this is a good thing.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: January 16, 2007, 05:05:16 PM »

Cubbee,
If you read back about two pages, you will just about have it all.

Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #546 on: January 16, 2007, 05:05:26 PM »

Good morning monkeys :

Ben Ownby family giving news conference on Fox news right now.
Back to reading

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
crazybabyborg
« Reply #547 on: January 16, 2007, 05:10:32 PM »

I've been really busy today, and it's not going to get much better for several hours, but was dying to know if anything had been heard on the filing? Isn't today the day?

I'm sorry, HI MONKEY BUDDIES! Hope you all are having a fine day!  Wink
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #548 on: January 16, 2007, 05:16:57 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Just posted by VICKI on the front page of SM:

GREAT NEWS PPL- spoke to my guy{our guy] in DC and they are going to make a PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT on their website www.travel.state.gov and it will be concerning the CRICKET WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and the whole carribian but especially LIERUBA…..how UNSAFE it is…HURRAY…..within 30 days..

klaas - thank you for bringing that over. Great news! Hope it happens!

I think Anna has been on a tear about this Cricket thing for months ...

MsMarple,
Right you are.  If ALE is as inept as they claim they are, I cannot imagine how in the world they can possibly provide the kind of security needed for an event of this size.

And we all know how they cannot possibly function if there is any media coverage, or so they claim.  How will they manage to provide security for all these people from all over where Cricket is played AND deal with the media at the same time.  They have claimed that is an impossibility in the instance of Natalee's disappearance.   Rolling Eyes

All events will not happen in Aruba but throughout the islands of the region.  Should be interesting to watch the crime rate during this event.

Confused

As for the Dept of State, well, that has been our targeted audience all along, in a way, hasn't it?  That as well as any potential tourists who might benefit from knowing the truth about the crime rate in Aruba.  I have seen them on the site meter a few times but have so hoped they were among the larger number of viewers to the thread and can't help but think that they must be.  

We must remember to keep an eye out for any warning they may post.  I have sent a link before to National Security Agency just because they are the largest security organization in the country by far.  They dwarf all others including CIA, FBI, etc.  so can't hurt to keep them posted.

Need everyone to keep reminding others to keep the word out that this entire region has many pitfalls and is far from the tropical paradise of the commercials in so many ways.  Second highest prevalence of HIV/AIDS in the world for example, second only to sub-Saharan Africa.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #549 on: January 16, 2007, 05:19:39 PM »

Well, one never knows.  I got called for federal jury duty and after I answered "Yes" when they asked if I watched BOR, they dismissed me, so one never knows.wave.gif

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: January 16, 2007, 05:20:29 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
I've been really busy today, and it's not going to get much better for several hours, but was dying to know if anything had been heard on the filing? Isn't today the day?

I'm sorry, HI MONKEY BUDDIES! Hope you all are having a fine day!  Wink

Nope, nothing new on the case today.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #551 on: January 16, 2007, 05:31:20 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Cubbee,
If you read back about two pages, you will just about have it all.

Very Happy

Thanks Anna.... trying to multi-task here and dont have alot of time.... guess not much happening..... Crying or Very sad

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: January 16, 2007, 05:56:30 PM »

Oboy! One more hour till Barrett-Jackson.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #553 on: January 16, 2007, 05:59:08 PM »

Not sure if this is the same Judge Robert Hess. This could be a bit of former track record..........

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
http://tinyurl.com/25es4r

Also unheralded in the local media was last week’s Associated Press story about a British judge refusing to dismiss defamation charges against Arnold’s spinmeister Sean Walsh. Readers may recall Team Arnold’s little pre-election controversy, in which a number of women claim they were first groped by Schwarzenegger and then slandered by Walsh. Last year, a similar defamation case was heard in California, only to be dismissed by Superior Court Judge Robert Hess. “We’re talking about the governor of the state of California here!” explained Hess of his refusal to make Arnold testify before his accuser. The British, apparently, have less respect for the office, so TV presenter Anna Richardson’s case against Walsh and Arnold continues for the time being. Who knows? With Donald Rumsfeld refusing to go to Germany until those pesky war-crimes charges are dropped, maybe Arnold soon will be declaring England his own personal no-fly zone.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #554 on: January 16, 2007, 06:07:01 PM »

The Church of Scientology was out of the case once it handed over the $8.7 million in 2002.

The court released $100,000 of the interpleaded funds to Schlosser—but she wants more, and has filed a cross complaint to get it. All other claims have been satisfied.

On an anti-Scientology website, Wollersheim commented last May:

“Of the 8.7 million about 5.4 million was paid out in the first year by the court to all the lawyers I used over 22 years and to me to meet tax obligations on the judgment.”

On Sept. 30, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Robert Hess granted Wollersheim’s motion for the release to him of the remaining impounded funds, amounting to about $1.8 million. He did so over the protest of Schlosser that the money might be so diverted as to render it impossible for her to collect further sums.

Hess said in a written order:

“[T]he purpose of an interpleader action is not to ensure collectability of a judgment....To the extent this is the real purpose behind Ms. Schlosser’s opposition, the Court is not persuaded that it provides either a legal or an equitable basis for withholding disbursal of the funds.”

The judge complained in a footnote:

“The Court notes that it has been extraordinarily difficult to pin Ms. Schlosser down as to what amount she claims she is owed for legal services, since she has at various times claimed to be entitled to sums ranging from approximately $617,000 to over $2.5 million....It is not an exaggeration to compare attempts to have her state a sum certain to the experience of trying to nail a piece of Jello to a board.”
http://tinyurl.com/2a4sem

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: January 16, 2007, 06:13:36 PM »

Just read the Info for DeVries thread, it appears so far the only one to mention 'chocolate' is Issy Mae?
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #556 on: January 16, 2007, 06:15:07 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Paul Van der Sloot Appeals his Lawsuit for Damages … Still Looking for Money

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/01/16/paul-van-der-sloot-appeals-his-lawsuit-for-damages-still-looking-for-money/

I'm missing something big here, my read is that the govt is suing PVDS over the award (I know, that in and of itself is hard enough to believe), not that PVDS is suing for more money.  What am I missing?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: January 16, 2007, 06:16:46 PM »

Quote from: "IndyDan"
NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/01/16/paul-van-der-sloot-appeals-his-lawsuit-for-damages-still-looking-for-money/

I'm missing something big here, my read is that the govt is suing PVDS over the award (I know, that in and of itself is hard enough to believe), not that PVDS is suing for more money.  What am I missing?

PVDS sued the government and won but KJ appealed.  This hearing was to determine whether or not KJ's appeal will stand.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #558 on: January 16, 2007, 06:17:56 PM »

Quote from: "IndyDan"
NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

PVDS sued the govmt for money and won. The govmt is now appealing that decision and at the same time PVDS is appealing that the govmt is appealing his award.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: January 16, 2007, 06:20:05 PM »

Carnut - it was KJ that appealed the decision not the government.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.