April 27, 2024, 03:45:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #574 1/15 - 1/17/2007  (Read 100548 times)
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #560 on: January 16, 2007, 06:21:33 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "IndyDan"
NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Paul Van der Sloot Appeals his Lawsuit for Damages … Still Looking for Money

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/01/16/paul-van-der-sloot-appeals-his-lawsuit-for-damages-still-looking-for-money/

I'm missing something big here, my read is that the govt is suing PVDS over the award (I know, that in and of itself is hard enough to believe), not that PVDS is suing for more money.  What am I missing?

PVDS sued the government and won but KJ appealed.  This hearing was to determine whether or not KJ's appeal will stand.

Ok then, the heading had me confused, I'm reading it that PVDS has filed an appeal over the amount of money he was awarded looking for a larger amount.  I can be a little slow sometimes.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #561 on: January 16, 2007, 06:21:46 PM »

If this is the same judge....seems to throw out alot of cases......

http://tinyurl.com/2lsfjr

http://tinyurl.com/2b4mmj

http://tinyurl.com/2os3vo

http://tinyurl.com/2qgrbu

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: January 16, 2007, 06:23:28 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
If this is the same judge....seems to throw out alot of cases......

http://tinyurl.com/2lsfjr

http://tinyurl.com/2b4mmj

http://tinyurl.com/2os3vo

http://tinyurl.com/2qgrbu

Most likely is the same guy.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #563 on: January 16, 2007, 06:23:54 PM »

Hi Monkeys  
Just popping in for a bit...

See NO news on the court cases  Crying or Very sad
I just wonder if ya can call Clerk of the LA. Superior Court if they can tell you what the latest on scheduled events for these are???

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #564 on: January 16, 2007, 06:24:54 PM »

Carnut - it was KJ that appealed the decision not the government.

As prosecutor, isn't KJ representing the governement?  Or is it different in Aruba?
BTW, I'm very aware that PVDS was awarded damages over his arrest in the case.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #565 on: January 16, 2007, 06:25:23 PM »

Oh, I kinda equated them to be the same.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #566 on: January 16, 2007, 06:26:16 PM »

Oldfart - you can go to the website and see what the latest filings are.  Nothing filed today or recently (since December) in the Holloway/Twitty suit.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #567 on: January 16, 2007, 06:28:04 PM »

Quote from: "IndyDan"

As prosecutor, isn't KJ representing the governement?  Or is it different in Aruba?
BTW, I'm very aware that PVDS was awarded damages over his arrest in the case.

It's different in Aruba.  The Prosecutor and ALE are not part of the government.  The government supposidly has no control over the Prosecutor or ALE.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #568 on: January 16, 2007, 06:31:20 PM »

Oldfart - you can go to the website and see what the latest filings are.  Nothing filed today or recently (since December) in the Holloway/Twitty suit.

Klaasend
TY
Did not realize they had a web site with that type of info. available  Shocked  Very Happy  ...

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #569 on: January 16, 2007, 06:32:09 PM »

i say give pvds any winnings in pfennigs,2 miles off shore,1 at time.you put on anita as she won't drown.CBB,Klass,Mrs Red, BT,I hope the weather is okay for you.It is okay here.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: January 16, 2007, 06:33:22 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
i say give pvds any winnings in pfennigs,2 miles off shore,1 at time.you put on anita as she won't drown.CBB,Klass,Mrs Red, BT,I hope the weather is okay for you.It is okay here.Cat

It's a little warmer here today but I really can't complain.  I'm just used to "perfect" weather so anything colder or hotter than normal I whine about, lol  Laughing
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #571 on: January 16, 2007, 06:47:02 PM »

Hi Monkeys,
Thank you Sue for the info on the filings.I may be way off base here but maybe the date changed on the 30 days because of the December 22 filing. Or even the business to have Judge Hess removed.

Just a swinging with the tribe
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #572 on: January 16, 2007, 06:47:28 PM »

It is COLD here, Cat. When I came home from work it was 34 degrees, and it has continued to drop since then. Brrrrrrrrrrrr

I Stand With The Girl
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #573 on: January 16, 2007, 06:49:05 PM »

Hi Cat.  Good idea to send Anita out to collect the coins.  As she is obviously the main instigator behind all the actions of the vds family let her do the salvage work.

Was that tufts of your hair and a hairball I found while cleaning the cage last night?

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #574 on: January 16, 2007, 06:52:46 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

It is COLD here, Cat. When I came home from work it was 34 degrees, and it has continued to drop since then. Brrrrrrrrrrrr

Hi BT
Geez going to be well in the 90s here again today.  I believe the scientists when they say the magnetic poles are shifting and weather changing for us all.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #575 on: January 16, 2007, 06:56:25 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"

Hi BT
Geez going to be well in the 90s here again today.  I believe the scientists when they say the magnetic poles are shifting and weather changing for us all.

I like weather, all kinds of weather, even better when it changes.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #576 on: January 16, 2007, 07:02:35 PM »

Quiet in here today - maybe I cleaned it out too well and they don't want to mess it up again  Laughing  Laughing
Found lots of interesting things under the benches and in the corners among the banana peels: broken stiletto heels, strands of lustrous long black hair,
tufts of ginger cat fur, blunt well used pencils, a little pile of screws and bolts where a robotic dinosaur had been stamping its feet and dabs of car grease.   Even found a half eaten strawberry!
Good morning Klaas.  Plenty of activity from the front page posters with the latest news.  This case gets stranger by the minute and they say Shango is odd !!! Laughing  Laughing

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: January 16, 2007, 07:07:45 PM »

Quiet in here today - maybe I cleaned it out too well and they don't want to mess it up again  Laughing  Laughing
Found lots of interesting things under the benches and in the corners among the banana peels: broken stiletto heels, strands of lustrous long black hair,
tufts of ginger cat fur, blunt well used pencils, a little pile of screws and bolts where a robotic dinosaur had been stamping its feet and dabs of car grease.   Even found a half eaten strawberry!
Good morning Klaas.  Plenty of activity from the front page posters with the latest news.  This case gets stranger by the minute and they say Shango is odd !!! Laughing  Laughing

Laughing  Laughing
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #578 on: January 16, 2007, 07:08:02 PM »

JMO...
But weather every where has been Strangeeee this year.

We are getting back to normal temps (more or less)
expected Wed. @ 5am .. Clear and 7°F    Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Have a friend doing Wind /  frozen/Burst pipes Insurance claims in the Camp Pendleton area (100-150 miles of) and he is from PHX.

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #579 on: January 16, 2007, 07:09:40 PM »

Hi BT

You have our July weather. It gets almost 100 a lot of days during the summer.

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.