April 27, 2024, 08:33:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #574 1/15 - 1/17/2007  (Read 100524 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2007, 03:15:40 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
I think maybe it is the Finnish who carry the highest suicide rate per capita but that is from memory and not from looking it up.  I wonder how Arubans compare.

But again, self-reporting being what it is, might be like the one murder in the last twenty years crap!   Confused

And I wonder why the Scandanavians all have such a high rate.  Lack of sunshine might be considered a reason, seasonal affective disorder or something perhaps.

That's what I've read, Anna. In those countries where they have several months without real sunlight, they do suffer more from SAD.

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2007, 03:42:21 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Rudy Croes: Holloway case Has Caused enormous Damage to the Tourism Economy of Aruba

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/01/15/rudy-croes-holloway-case-has-caused-enormous-damage-to-the-tourism-economy-of-aruba-2/

Far be it from anyone saying that Rudy Croes is not quick on the draw. It has only taken nearly 20 months for Rudy Croes to admit the obvious … The Natalee Holloway case has caused enormous damage to the tourism and economy of Aruba
crazybabyborg
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2007, 04:08:22 PM »

Sounds like Sadaam's brothers and cohorts lost their heads.  Rolling Eyes
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2007, 04:16:02 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Just posted by Crioyo on the front page of SM:

Another suicide this morning. Tow truck driver, last name wessels. Gassed himself with car exhaust I think..
Found today. They say he was prob lonely, and his wife btw
killed herself a couple years ago by drinking poison, according to what they said on the news.

So you see Monkeys, Arubans are sad..The boycott will probably get more of us depressed and killed.

I wonder who the tow truck driver worked for? Rolling Eyes
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2007, 04:19:32 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Sounds like Sadaam's brothers and cohorts lost their heads.  Rolling Eyes

Kinda nice to see someone other than infidels losing their heads for a change.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2007, 04:20:17 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Just posted by Crioyo on the front page of SM:

Another suicide this morning. Tow truck driver, last name wessels. Gassed himself with car exhaust I think..
Found today. They say he was prob lonely, and his wife btw
killed herself a couple years ago by drinking poison, according to what they said on the news.

So you see Monkeys, Arubans are sad..The boycott will probably get more of us depressed and killed.

I wonder who the tow truck driver worked for? Rolling Eyes

Couldn't possibly be 'Automotive Enterprises'.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2007, 04:24:50 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Rudy Croes: Holloway case Has Caused enormous Damage to the Tourism Economy of Aruba

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/01/15/rudy-croes-holloway-case-has-caused-enormous-damage-to-the-tourism-economy-of-aruba-2/

Far be it from anyone saying that Rudy Croes is not quick on the draw. It has only taken nearly 20 months for Rudy Croes to admit the obvious … The Natalee Holloway case has caused enormous damage to the tourism and economy of Aruba

It's Rudy Croes' fault for covering it up.  He did the damage to his own island.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2007, 04:26:46 PM »

I think maybe it is the Finnish who carry the highest suicide rate per capita but that is from memory and not from looking it up.  I wonder how Arubans compare.

But again, self-reporting being what it is, might be like the one murder in the last twenty years crap!   Confused

And I wonder why the Scandanavians all have such a high rate.  Lack of sunshine might be considered a reason, seasonal affective disorder or something perhaps.

I was going to say "lack of sunshine" and you typed it just as I was thinking it.  I wonder if too much sunshine and temperate climate breeds rapists and murders, PIMPS.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2007, 04:32:38 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"

I was going to say "lack of sunshine" and you typed it just as I was thinking it.  I wonder if too much sunshine and temperate climate breeds rapists and murders, PIMPS.

No, I think it's just an 'island' thing.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2007, 04:32:40 PM »

Quote from: "Dayhiker"
Leslie's post from previous LD thread:

From Solo di Pueblo: January 12, 2007

E caso di Natalee Holloway a causa un daño enorme na economia y na turismo di Aruba.

Translated

The case of Natalee Holloway is the cause of enormous damage to the tourism economy of Aruba.

Exclamation

Good Afternoon to all!  the above certainly put a smile on my face!  YES!!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
crazybabyborg
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2007, 04:34:27 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Good One, Klaas!  Laughing

The fact that the case has caused so much harm is the stickiest point of all for me. It's the single most convincing factor that screams these circumstances are more than just a girl being slipped a Micky and accidently overdosed. A whole economy is suffering for it! Whatever happened, they officially decided that the truth was more harmful than the effect on tourism that leaving this case with corruption stains airing in the breeze, would have and that's scary!

Of course, I can't help but wonder if they just didn't stupidly miscalculate things all along the way. I wonder sometimes if they didn't feel that this case could be swept under the rug in fairly short order without ever admitting that a young tourist had been the victim of calculated advantage taken by a few of the Island's common predators.

Either way, I just cannot believe that at this late stage, they still don't "get it". The only way to resolve this case is to resolve it. Bad things happen in the US too, but when they do, our system addresses it with forthrightness and honesty. Before anyone points out anecdotal instances to the contrary, let me remind that the fact that those instances are known, is due to the scrutiny that exposed it.

All they had to do was to pursue the truth and evidence vigorously, and follow the path it laid out, regardless where it led. Today, that would involve much more, and I think you'd have to begin with untangling what has purposefully been hidden and asking WHY?
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2007, 04:37:11 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

The fact that the case has caused so much harm is the stickiest point of all for me. It's the single most convincing factor that screams these circumstances are more than just a girl being slipped a Micky and accidently overdosed. A whole economy is suffering for it! Whatever happened, they officially decided that the truth was more harmful than the effect on tourism that leaving this case with corruption stains airing in the breeze, would have and that's scary!

Of course, I can't help but wonder if they just didn't stupidly miscalculate things all along the way. I wonder sometimes if they didn't feel that this case could be swept under the rug in fairly short order without ever admitting that a young tourist had been the victim of calculated advantage taken by a few of the Island's common predators.

Either way, I just cannot believe that at this late stage, they still don't "get it". The only way to resolve this case is to resolve it. Bad things happen in the US too, but when they do, our system addresses it with forthrightness and honesty. Before anyone points out anecdotal instances to the contrary, let me remind that the fact that those instances are known, is due to the scrutiny that exposed it.

All they had to do was to pursue the truth and evidence vigorously, and follow the path it laid out, regardless where it led. Today, that would involve much more, and I think you'd have to begin with untangling what has purposefully been hidden and asking WHY?

Good post CBB.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2007, 04:40:07 PM »

I also think it was just a stupid miscalculation. Think it's become obvious that the island is run by a 'thug' government and a 'thug' attitude about internal affairs. Don't think anyone involved down there on that dirty little island had any inkling of world affairs.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2007, 04:44:56 PM »

[quote="Lala'sMom"

This was a smart kid, but had no way of making any contacts with anyone so I wonder had my own kid not been so nosy where would he be now?Nobody at the school even noticed this boy and his troubles.  He was 15 at the time too. Just pondering everyone's thoughts on the other boy about why some do things and others don't.[/quote]

Lala's you obviously have an amazing daughter wiht a beautiful heart.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2007, 04:46:09 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Well DUH Rudy...no kidding!!! Rolling Eyes

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2007, 04:47:33 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"

Oh please NO!!!!  Shocked   but there surely is something in the culture of Aruba that does Sad

Rest in Peace Caylee

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »

I'm off work today (MLK) and watching Cold Case Files. An investigator was just talking about a suspect he interviewed. He said when they brought the guy in for questioning, the suspect started sweating profusely and that let him know they were on to something.

Sound like someone else we know? Evil or Very Mad

I Stand With The Girl
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2007, 04:53:24 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
I'm off work today (MLK) and watching Cold Case Files. An investigator was just talking about a suspect he interviewed. He said when they brought the guy in for questioning, the suspect started sweating profusely and that let him know they were on to something.

Sound like someone else we know? Evil or Very Mad

Yep, kinda obvious to anyone who wants to look objectively, but then along come all the excuse makers with every reason under the sun why it isn't obvious.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2007, 05:09:47 PM »

Well, if they went for the brass ring in hopes they would admit nothing in order to protect the tourism industry, the persistance of that attitude is mindboggling, but I've come to believe it's feasible.

Now, more than ever, they won't come clean, because now they would not only have to admit that an innocent tourist was murdered (either by comission or omission), but that the entire legal system lined up to hide it.

Eventually, Aruba could enjoy a thriving tourist trade again, if they would just clean their own house, and live in a self imposed glass house to do it! Invite the scrutiny required to expose it all, including the cover-up, bring those who participated in Natalee's demise, and in the corruption, to justice and say to the world, "Look! We had terrible problems, and you can rest assured that we have addressed them. See for yourself."

There would be an initial reaction, and then it would slowly come back. Now, tourism is suffering a slow death. I'm waiting for the movie, and mark my words, there will be one. I'm waiting for Beth's book, and mark my words, there will be one. With each wave of renewed interest the corruption is brought to light and the fact that it STILL exists is enblazened all over again to more and more folks with discresionary vacation dollers to spend. The difference between "Wow, look what Aruba was", and "Wow, look what Aruba is." is immeasurable, and it's their choice. It always has been.

Scared Monkeys should feel good about this site. This forum has held the truth intact and managed to maintain an archive of it. This group has been the impetus and instrument to keep Natalee living and a core interest going when news is so lacking. Other than Beth's efforts, I don't know of a more effective means to be available to accomplish a push when there's any opportunity to further the resolution that is so late in coming. You've done "good",  monkeys, and I see no signs of fatigue.  Wink
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2007, 05:19:44 PM »

Kinda obvious that the arubans/aruba is paying the price for their leaders decisions.

Doubt it tourism is gonna die completely, but they are paying a price.

It appears that the price is still acceptable to the folks in charge.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.