April 27, 2024, 07:45:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #574 1/15 - 1/17/2007  (Read 100521 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #660 on: January 16, 2007, 10:10:23 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "IBE"
Klaas,

I haven't kept up so I don't know the names, but IMO in the TV show it was implied that the older boy who'd been there for 4yrs+- was possibly to be replaced by this new younger one and the older one would then be killed for the older one was getting older to have the experiences to question why he was there.

Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking.  Shawn Hornbeck is the older boy and Ben Owenby is younger one.

The only thing about this that I find likely to rule out the possibility that Devlin had kept another boy prior to Hornbeck is that he was employed at the same place, and by the same person/manager for some 25 years. Devlin reportedly moved into the apartment complex where he currently was living when caught, approximately one month after Hornbeck went missing.So he resided there some 4 years. There is a degree of stability mixed in with Devlins ever increasing desire to live out his fantasy. Ownby would have been the next live in. I am sure Devlin was a sexual predator for decades and assaulted many boys.......

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #661 on: January 16, 2007, 10:12:08 PM »

Watching Greta in the other room, brb.

Klaas.   When you return could you tell me if there is a time limit to be logged in here or was I just unlucky?  Just spent all that time writing an article for my Aussie thread then when I went to submit I was asked to sign in again and of course I lost the article.   Grrrrrrrrrr.
Is it possible to type out in Word and then copy to here and would that be the same way as I used to copy from this thread to the political thread?
TIA

Waiting on Greta to get to her NH news ...........

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #662 on: January 16, 2007, 10:13:23 PM »

They have had some experts on Larry King live discussing the case of mostly Shawn. He is going to have a long road back.
But he is back with the people who can help him.
One of them said that the kid was ' terrorized ' for four years.
I hope that he can come back. And I don't need to hear any gory details of the ordeal on CNN or elsewhere for ratings.  
The upstairs neighbours of Michael Devlin say that there was quite a bit of yelling going on down in the other suite and that Devlin was verbally abusive to Shawn.
Now, when Shawn was first taken does anyone know if he was taken to that address or was Devlin living elsewhere  ?
I was thinking that he might have had him held somewhere else not so open in the beginning until Devlin was assured that his destroying of the kid was complete.
Sometimes we have heard stories of women who are abused and stay
because they do not see an alternative. Could be part of the same
kind of breakdown of self.
Kid was isolated... did not go to school.. no close friends... somehow this sounds like some abused women's stories.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: January 16, 2007, 10:15:17 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"

Klaas.   When you return could you tell me if there is a time limit to be logged in here or was I just unlucky?  Just spent all that time writing an article for my Aussie thread then when I went to submit I was asked to sign in again and of course I lost the article.   Grrrrrrrrrr.
Is it possible to type out in Word and then copy to here and would that be the same way as I used to copy from this thread to the political thread?
TIA

Tibrogargan, Yes it is possible to write it in word and past it in here.  In fact I recommend it to everyone when they are making a long post.  At least you will still have it if it doesn't go through.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #664 on: January 16, 2007, 10:15:57 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Quote from: "yapperz1"
Hiya Monkeys

Has anyone seen this new article on Michelle's site?

http://arubanboycott.blogspot.com/

This was interesting, Yapperz.  I wasn't here in the early days and don't know anything about some of the Aruban posters other than what I've read here.  Interesting though that much of what I've read elsewhere that was anti-Beth is right there in Scubajap's posts.  Sounds as though she's the ventriliquist making their mouth's move.

She was the first maggot out of the fly, early on, at RWV home to most of the maggots that slid out of her wings.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #665 on: January 16, 2007, 10:16:48 PM »

Quote from: "San"
ARUBA thinks if they just let the time go by everything thing will be OK.  They think people will forget.  I, for one, WILL NOT FORGET!

Neither will I.  I will forever bash Aruba every opportunity I get. Evil or Very Mad

As will I San and Klaas and all.

Anna, I think Carnut just like to take an opposite viewpoint from everyone else. I do not think it is personal. He may even decide to argue with me about this post.

Please do not leave us. Natalee and the Holloway, Twitty's really do need us all. JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #666 on: January 16, 2007, 10:18:41 PM »

O/T  I received my replacement mug today.  Believe it or not...it is the right one!  I really like it.  My face is on my very own mug, I guess that's why it's called a mug.   Laughing  Laughing  

Anyone that hasn't ordered one yet should really do so.  It is the perfect size for my morning coffee with the monkeys.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: January 16, 2007, 10:21:21 PM »

TIA

No time limit but sometimes if you don't delete your cookies it will start causing you problems.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #668 on: January 16, 2007, 10:21:50 PM »

JQk just returned from Aruba!  go to fox channel now while it's in commercial

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #669 on: January 16, 2007, 10:22:03 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "LilPuma"
Quote from: "yapperz1"
Hiya Monkeys

Has anyone seen this new article on Michelle's site?

http://arubanboycott.blogspot.com/

This was interesting, Yapperz.  I wasn't here in the early days and don't know anything about some of the Aruban posters other than what I've read here.  Interesting though that much of what I've read elsewhere that was anti-Beth is right there in Scubajap's posts.  Sounds as though she's the ventriliquist making their mouth's move.

She was the first maggot out of the fly, early on, at RWV home to most of the maggots that slid out of her wings.

Tyler, you have such a way with words.  Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: January 16, 2007, 10:22:09 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
O/T  I received my replacement mug today.  Believe it or not...it is the right one!  I really like it.  My face is on my very own mug, I guess that's why it's called a mug.   Laughing  Laughing  

Anyone that hasn't ordered one yet should really do so.  It is the perfect size for my morning coffee with the monkeys.

I was sure you'ld get another empty box, lol...glad you didn't! Laughing
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #671 on: January 16, 2007, 10:23:14 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

Now, when Shawn was first taken does anyone know if he was taken to that address or was Devlin living elsewhere  ?

I read somewhere that Devlin moved into the apartment in 2002 - not sure of the month.  Shawn was abducted in Oct 2002.  He took Ben there immediately and no one seemed to notice.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #672 on: January 16, 2007, 10:23:56 PM »

TIA

Tibrogargan, Yes it is possible to write it in word and past it in here.  In fact I recommend it to everyone when they are making a long post.  At least you will still have it if it doesn't go through.

Thanks San - good advice.  Will give it a try. only hope I can remember everything I wrote first time  Laughing  Laughing
Will just mean only one article today instead of the two I planned.  Well, always another day.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #673 on: January 16, 2007, 10:24:40 PM »

Tibrogargan wrote:

I've had the same problem also... found I had to copy what I wrote here in into a txt file incase it didn't work here and went poof. What's your browser??

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #674 on: January 16, 2007, 10:25:42 PM »

Family of an 11yr old boy who disappeared in 1991 in St Louis area on Greta now.  It remains unsolved, the boy was riding his bike when he disappeared.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #675 on: January 16, 2007, 10:28:01 PM »

This interview so said her son has been gone for years and years, Nothing on Natalee yet.

Guy who lied in this missing case went to prison!!!

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #676 on: January 16, 2007, 10:30:03 PM »

Gads did I miss it??? am I in a daze.. another commerical and not info about what Greta said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: January 16, 2007, 10:30:42 PM »

Quote from: "IBE"
Gads did I miss it??? am I in a daze.. another commerical and not info about what Greta said.

Coming up next
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #678 on: January 16, 2007, 10:32:05 PM »

Quote from: "Bobo2"
Family of an 11yr old boy who disappeared in 1991 in St Louis area on Greta now.  It remains unsolved, the boy was riding his bike when he disappeared.

I am watching Anderson on CNN and they had a pix of that boy. Maybe a connection ?
Looking at the pix and videos of both boys, they look like NICE kids. Not street smart kids like we see so often. Trying to figure out how a Devlin could just pick 'em out ?
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #679 on: January 16, 2007, 10:32:59 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
ARUBA thinks if they just let the time go by everything thing will be OK.  They think people will forget.  I, for one, WILL NOT FORGET!

Neither will I.  I will forever bash Aruba every opportunity I get. Evil or Very Mad

As will I San and Klaas and all.

Anna, I think Carnut just like to take an opposite viewpoint from everyone else. I do not think it is personal. He may even decide to argue with me about this post.

Please do not leave us. Natalee and the Holloway, Twitty's really do need us all. JMHO

Heh, heh, I don't disagree just to disagree, at least not on the case things, I disagree when I actually disagree.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.