April 27, 2024, 06:02:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #574 1/15 - 1/17/2007  (Read 100558 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2007, 05:26:06 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Kinda obvious that the arubans/aruba is paying the price for their leaders decisions.

Doubt it tourism is gonna die completely, but they are paying a price.

It appears that the price is still acceptable to the folks in charge.

Someone needs to eliminate the folks in charge.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2007, 05:29:53 PM »

Kinda obvious that the arubans/aruba is paying the price for their leaders decisions.

It is, Carnut, and I wish it weren't, but don't you think the impact of a movie would be HUGE? I do, I really do, if it's done well, and I hope it's going to be done well!

I don't have any indication in reality that a movie's in the making or anything, but I'd lay money that one will be made. I hope/wish Beth would compile all she has and start shopping it. She'd come under tremendous criticism, but it's the best thing on earth she could do, aside from what she is doing. A civil suit filed in Aruba, against ALE would stir the pot as well.  Wink
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2007, 05:31:43 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"

It is, Carnut, and I wish it weren't, but don't you think the impact of a movie would be HUGE? I do, I really do, if it's done well, and I hope it's going to be done well!

I don't have any indication in reality that a movie's in the making or anything, but I'd lay money that one will be made. I hope/wish Beth would compile all she has and start shopping it. She'd come under tremendous criticism, but it's the best thing on earth she could do, aside from what she is doing. A civil suit filed in Aruba, against ALE would stir the pot as well.  Wink

Yes, a movie would help just that much more to extract more of a price from aruba/arubans.

Essentially that's been about the only choice from the start is to extract enough of a price that someone will finally realize it's too much of a price and get something done.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2007, 05:33:56 PM »

Guess we are still waiting till Tuesday to hear anymore on the LA case.

If the case gets to continue in the courts, it's gonna do wonders for aruban publicity and the tourism price they will continue paying.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2007, 05:35:37 PM »

Exactly. Extraction is connected to exposure, because the facts are damning in themselves. There's no need to skew them, only to examine them and turn a light to shine on them. There are many more tsunami waves ahead for Aruba, and they continue to welcome them ashore by thier ill conceived notion of "protecting" themselves.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2007, 05:37:01 PM »

Oh gee, guess the CRS is really getting this morning, don't remember hearing about Fawley getting a plea deal to 30yrs in prison.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2007, 05:39:01 PM »

Looks like Erin Moriarity needs to interview JVDS.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2007, 05:46:19 PM »

I have several friends who were on a Christmas cruise that stopped at Aruba....they as well as m any others did not even get off the ship.....because of Natalee.  There was also a group of perhaps 20-25 people who got off and went to a beach area and left notes, trinkets, and some flowers evidently snuck off the ship Wink  ....in a tribute to Natalee. My friend wasn't sure who the people were or exactly where they went on the beach....but said had she known their plans before hand  she would have asked to join them. The people didn't stay on the island....but returned to the ship. My friend told me there was a lot of talk on the ship about Natalee and how Aruba has treated her murder. People are not going to forget~!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2007, 05:49:35 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "LilPuma"
Growing up in Chicago, I thought that being a Bears fan was a lot like the mob.  You can't just quit.  It's a lifelong commitment.   Razz

Tell me about it.  My DH  bought a jersey...the kind the players wear.  Good grief.  He wore it all day Sunday.

Laughing  Laughing

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2007, 05:54:04 PM »

UPS just brought my mug. Smile
I got the correct one.. so if anyone sees Sue.. let her know I dont have hers.
Klaas. nice job. The photo is really clear.. and I was suprised at how big the mug is.. LOL
  Hubby was howlin.. now hes calling me typo queen.  Wink
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2007, 05:56:13 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Klaas. nice job. The photo is really clear.. and I was suprised at how big the mug is.. LOL

The mugs are great, aren't they, Angie? I was very impressed with mine. Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2007, 05:57:13 PM »

You will forever be known as the "typo queen", lol  Laughing  Glad you got the correct mug!
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2007, 06:01:58 PM »

There's no question in my mind that Aruban officials thought this case and the family could be brushed off in short order.   Jug and Beth go to the police station the morning after meeting the van der Sloots and there is talk of frosted flakes and putas.  Her statement is changed.  Dave appears and no one knows anything but want to know how much money he has.  I think their treatment was deliberate.  To intimidate, to send a message.  But Beth and Dave had the media there with them for support.  They have a strong faith in God and a family support system that most only wish for.  Long after the frequent news reports subsided and Aruba claimed there was no evidence, long after Aruba announced that Skeeters and Dr. Phil were frauds and Joe Tacopina threatened everyone with a lawsuit, the way Aruba treated this family and handled this case is haunting them.  They couldn't sweep it under the carpet.  They have to address the problem cause people like Jensen, DeVries, Dr. Phil, Beth, Dave, Dana, Red and the Monkeys took their brooms away.   Smile   And I want to tip my hat to my friends and Holloway-Twitty supporters who have stuck it out on the AOL demolition derby of a board, defending the family and getting the truth out there amidst the constant barrage of b.s.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2007, 06:16:55 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

You will forever be known as the "typo queen", lol  Laughing  Glad you got the correct mug!

ROFL   Hubby didnt know that.. but he does now..

BT.. its a really nice mug.. can fit lotsa hot chocolate in that sucker~!
With mini marshmallows of course..  Smile
crazybabyborg
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2007, 06:39:38 PM »

ROFL   Hubby didnt know that.. but he does now..

BT.. its a really nice mug.. can fit lotsa hot chocolate in that sucker~!
With mini marshmallows of course..  Smile

I like the size of the Mug too! It's my new favorite cup to grab! I've got three of them, and am waiting for the "Holiday Set" to come out!  Wink
crazybabyborg
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2007, 06:44:12 PM »

hmmmmmm I would have sworn that would have gotten a rise out of Klaas, but she's not biting, is she!?  Laughing
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2007, 06:46:22 PM »

hmmmmmm I would have sworn that would have gotten a rise out of Klaas, but she's not biting, is she!?  Laughing

Humm, a rise? What do you know that I don't know?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2007, 06:46:57 PM »

Sorry, surfing the net  Wink  Laughing

Are you crazy girl!  Shocked  Holiday set?  Shocked
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2007, 06:47:26 PM »

Good morning monkeys.
Have been lurking and reading.  Have some replies but the monkeys have left.  Will enter anyway and maybe they will read later.

Lala's  How proud you must be of your daughter.  She is destined for great things with that interest in and compassion for others.

Nut44x4 I read with great interest your post about the "Haunting Evidence" show.  I had not heard of it before and I am now searching my cable TV channels to see if or when it will show here.

Carnut I live on an island state and do not find it has any effect on us, at least to that extent!  I also realise your comments are written tongue-in-cheek but it is difficult to convey humour in the written word.  I know this well as my sister is always in a huff with me about something I have written that was meant to be funny and she has taken it literally.

cbb A book or a movie faithfully based on Beth's notes would be fantastic.  I am sure we will see both as soon as all legal avenues are exhausted as her notes would be the main evidence in any court action.

klaas  Is it possible to copy a previous post I made here over to an existing topic in the lounge?  But I am such a computer klutz it may be quicker for me to retype the post over there!!!

Canadian MonkeysIs there a monkey that lives anywhere near Lloydminster.  I have been trying to contact a penfriend from eons ago and need to check out some local news.

Back to working and lurking.  Will check back in later again

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
crazybabyborg
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2007, 06:49:47 PM »

Sorry, surfing the net  Wink  Laughing

Are you crazy girl!  Shocked  Holiday set?  Shocked

YEAH! See?

IT'S SKEEEERY, KLAAS!   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Something has GOT to happen in this case soon or some monkey's gonna have to STOP ME, PLEASE!!!!    Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.