March 29, 2024, 08:04:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mother/Boyfriend arrested for toddlers' murder 3/11/10 Las Vegas NV  (Read 3254 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: March 11, 2010, 07:15:27 PM »

Thursday, March 11, 2010 | 3:34 p.m.

A mother and her boyfriend were arrested this week in connection with the death of the woman's 3-year-old son, Metro Police announced during a news conference today.

Officers responded to the toddler’s home in the 6000 block of Bing Cherry Drive shortly before midnight Monday to investigate a report that a 3-year-old boy wasn't breathing. The boy was taken to Sunrise Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The location of the home is south of Charleston Boulevard in the eastern valley.

The Clark County Coroner’s Office identified the toddler as 3-year-old Leland Chris-Angel Garcia. Police said the autopsy revealed the child suffered severe bruising to the head, the majority of his abdomen and lower body. Leland also suffered internal injuries consistent with blunt force trauma, police said. 

Metro Lt. Ray Steiber said Thursday that the boy’s bruises were inconsistent with an accidental injury. He said six other children also lived in the home and four had signs of abuse.   

Following the investigation, police arrested the mother of the children, 29-year-old Elizabeth Stack, and her boyfriend, 23-year-old Jesse Parsons.

Parsons is charged with four counts of child abuse with substantial bodily harm, two counts of child abuse and one count of murder by child abuse. Stack is charged with four counts of child neglect with substantial bodily harm and one count of second-degree murder by child neglect.

Steiber said this is the first child abuse-related death of the year in Metro's jurisdiction. Metro Police announced today that there has been a 9 percent increase in the number of child abuse cases compared to last year, totaling 250 incidents so far in 2010.

Both are being held in the Clark County Detention Center without bail. They are scheduled to be arraigned Friday morning in Las Vegas Justice Court.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/mar/11/mother-boyfriend-arrested-death-toddler-boy/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 07:16:04 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 08:48:39 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.