March 29, 2024, 08:12:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Damien Lynn 15 mo. Bangor Maine-Beaten to death -Mom's Boyfriend Charged  (Read 8536 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: March 11, 2010, 09:14:53 PM »

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/138669.html

‘Caskets should not come in that size’

Family, community gather for vigil in slain toddler’s memory
Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Community members including (from left) Nariah Arey, 17; her mother, Bridgette Arey; and sister Jenna Arey, 7, all of Bucksport, participate in a vigil for Damien Christopher Lynn at Cascade Park in Bangor on Tuesday evening.

BANGOR, Maine — About 200 mourners surrounded the family of 15-month-old Damien Christopher Lynn during a candlelight vigil held in his memory on Tuesday at Cascade Park.

Family, friends and those who did not know the toddler but who were touched by his tragic death spoke of love and of support for victims of abuse.

Jay Cochran, a cousin of the slain boy’s mother, Cheryl Metzger, stood before the crowd, his voice trembling with emotion, to say he had never met Damien Lynn.

“I thought I had plenty of time to meet my little cousin,” he said. “Caskets should not come in that size.”   

The toddler was unresponsive and had broken bones, head injuries and a human bite mark on his right arm when rescue crews responded to a 911 call at the Bald Mountain Drive home he shared with his 22-year-old mother.

The mother was at the hospital with abdominal pains when Edgard Anziani, 27, of Lawrence, Mass., Metzger’s boyfriend, handed him over to an ambulance crew about 7 a.m. Feb. 23. The boy “was blue and not breathing,” according to police, and was pronounced dead at the hospital an hour later. Bangor police have since charged Anziani with his murder.

Joanne Francis, Cheryl’s mother, sent out her love to her daughter, the boy’s father, Patrick Lynn, of Georgia, who was in the crowd, and to “my little Mr. Man,” which was her nickname for her grandson.

“I still can’t believe you’re gone,” Francis’ boyfriend, Dennis McCurdy, said of the toddler, who loved to smile and dance in front of a mirror.

Cheryl Metzger held a specially made candle that had her son’s name written on the side as she walked, surrounded by a group of about 20 relatives and friends, through the crowd to a display that featured four photos of her son, candles and a floral arrangement with Calla lilies. The crowd seemed to create a protective barrier around her as she listened to people talk about her son.

She had her sister, Antoinette Ashmore, speak for her.

“If you didn’t know Damien, he was a good little boy,” Ashmore said. “He came into their world early and was taken out too early.”

Ashmore said her sister is surviving thanks to the love and support of family and friends.

“She’s going second by second, and that’s all she can do right now,” she said.

The message Ashmore and others in the crowd stressed was to cherish every moment — life is precious.

“If you have little ones … hug them, kiss them, love them because you don’t know what tomorrow can bring,” she said.

Damien Lynn was lovingly called “Dbug” by his parents and had just learned to say “Mumma.”

The murder suspect left Maine on Feb. 25, just hours before police charged him with Damien Lynn’s murder. He made it as far as Bladensburg, Md., before being caught by the FBI on March 1.

Anziani told police, Metzger and her family that her son was injured in the early morning hours of Feb. 23 when he fell down a flight of stairs at Metzger’s apartment.

The boy’s autopsy, however, determined that his injuries “could not be explained by a simple fall down six or seven steps.”

An FBI affidavit filed in U.S. District Court in Bangor provides evidence that Anziani has a history of assaulting children.

“Anziani had severely beaten [his son] in 2004 to the point where [his son] was admitted to the hospital and ... still has complications resulting from that incident,” it states.

Bangor police detectives left the city on Monday for Maryland and are expected to take custody of Anziani today to bring him back to Maine to face charges, police Sgt. Chip Hodges said Tuesday night.

Many at the vigil said they were survivors of abuse and they stressed the need for the violence to stop. A woman from Fort Kent, who traveled to Bangor for the vigil with her husband, said it’s up to people to lift the veil that abuse hides behind.

“Feel it, see it, report it,” she said. “This has to stop.”

Community members Leslie Collagen and Marissa Ouelette organized the vigil, which was supported by Spruce Run.

Before Cochran left the front of the crowd, he thanked all who attended the memorial for his nephew.

“It’s extremely overwhelming that everybody showed up,” Cochran said. “It means a lot.”

The night ended with the crowd slowly passing by Metzger and Lynn, and their family members, giving hugs and offering words of encouragement.
Stories

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 06:08:21 PM »

Baby death suspect held without bail
March 12, 2010

BANGOR, Maine—A Massachusetts man accused of killing a 15-month old boy in Bangor, Maine, will remain jailed indefinitely while awaiting trial.

The lawyer for Edgard Anziani of Lawrence, Mass., asked a judge on Friday to indefinitely postpone a bail hearing. Anziani is expected to be indicted by a grand jury later this month.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2010/03/12/baby_death_suspect_held_without_bail/

Here is the freaks' photo

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 06:13:07 PM »

Maine does not have the DP

He can get LIFE, which in Maine means Life w/o parole. There is no parole in Maine....period.

However, in this State, you rarely see harsh sentences for anyone who commits a crime and/or murder against a child.

I'll take a wild guess and say he'll get 8 years. Maybe 13.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 06:22:43 PM »

Maine does not have the DP

He can get LIFE, which in Maine means Life w/o parole. There is no parole in Maine....period.

However, in this State, you rarely see harsh sentences for anyone who commits a crime and/or murder against a child.

I'll take a wild guess and say he'll get 8 years. Maybe 13.

It's too bad Life doesn't really mean just that.  LIFE.  As in the rest of their life.  Until the very end.  If they can't do that, then make it 20 50 years and stack any and all charges to be served one after the other  and no time off for good behavior, rumplestiltskin day or whatever.  In my mind, when a crime is commited against a child, an elderly or disabled person, there should be penalties added in addition to the initial sentencing. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 02:55:03 PM »

3/25/10 | 10 comments
indictments
Grand jury indicts man in toddler’s death

BANGOR, Maine — A Lawrence, Mass., man was indicted Wednesday by the Penobscot County grand jury in the death of a Bangor woman’s 15-month-old son last month.

Edgard B. Anziani, 27, was indicted on charges of murder and manslaughter in the Feb. 23 death of Damien Lynn.

Anziani was being held without bail Wednesday at the Penobscot County Jail.

He is expected to be arraigned next month at the Penobscot Judicial Center. A trial date has not been set.

Efforts to reach the state Attorney General’s Office about why prosecutors sought indictments for both murder and manslaughter were unsuccessful Wednesday.

Having Anziani indicted on both charges would allow a jury to consider the lesser charge of manslaughter if it found him not guilty of murder.

Anziani was baby-sitting when the child was fatally injured, according to police. He later told police that Damien Lynn had fallen down the stairs. The state medical examiner concluded that the boy’s injuries were not consistent with a fall and were caused by another person.

The child’s mother, Cheryl Metzger, 22, was being treated at a local hospital at the time, which is why she asked Anziani to watch the boy, police said.

Once Bangor police had enough evidence to arrest Anziani, he had fled. He was tracked to Maryland, where he was taken into custody by FBI agents. He was returned March 10 to Bangor.

If convicted of murder, Anziani faces between 25 years and life in prison. He faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted of manslaughter.
http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/139710.html
~~~~~~~~

That last paragraph is a joke...Maine is known for light sentences for baby killers.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 08:58:08 AM »

from 3/21/11

Anziani to plead guilty to manslaughter in death of ex-girlfriend’s son

BANGOR, Maine — A Lawrence, Mass., man accused of killing his former girlfriend’s 15-month-old son last year plans to plead guilty to manslaughter in a plea agreement that drops the murder charge against him, his defense attorney said.

::snipping2::
“My client is going to be pleading guilty to manslaughter and the state is going to dismiss the murder charge,” he said. “The court will be free to impose any sentence” allowable under the manslaughter statute.

Maine Assistant Attorney General Leane Zainea on Monday confirmed there is a plea agreement, which could result in Anziani facing up to 30 years in prison, the maximum sentence for manslaughter in Maine.

more....  ::snipping2::
http://bangordailynews.com/2011/03/21/news/bangor/anziani-to-plead-guilty-to-manslaughter-in-death-of-ex-girlfriend%E2%80%99s-15-month-old-son/

checking to see what went down in the April hearing......

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 09:04:31 AM »

Mass. man pleads guilty in Bangor toddler’s death
4/21/11

BANGOR, Maine — A Lawrence, Mass., man admitted Thursday that he caused the death of his former girlfriend’s 15-month-old son last year.

Edgard B. Anziani, 28, pleaded guilty to manslaughter during a hearing at the Penobscot Judicial Center in Bangor.

The sentencing is tentatively scheduled for June 24.

The plea agreement does not include sentencing recommendations, and Anziani faces up to 30 years in prison. If he had been convicted of murder, Anziani would have faced a minimum sentence of 25 years in prison and a maximum sentence of life.

Zainea declined to talk about what sentence she might recommend. It is the practice of the Attorney General’s Office not to comment on cases until after they have been resolved.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/04/21/news/bangor/mass-man-pleads-guilty-in-bangor-toddler%E2%80%99s-death/

Photo from Facebook
Damien Christopher Lynn in an undated Facebook photo.

mommy

baby killer

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 09:07:33 AM »

Bangor court cases June 27-July 1, 2011
Edgard B. Anziani, 28, Lawrence, Mass., manslaughter, prison 30 years, all but 25 years suspended, probation four years, restitution $4,500.
http://bangordailynews.com/2011/07/25/news/court/bangor-courts-cases-june-27-july-1-2011/
 ::justice2NJ::

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 09:13:44 AM »

Edgard B. Anziani, 28, Lawrence, Mass., manslaughter, prison 30 years, all but 25 years suspended, probation four years, restitution $4,500.
http://bangordailynews.com/2011/07/25/news/court/bangor-courts-cases-june-27-july-1-2011/
This is so FREAKIN' wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What the h3ll was the judge thinking.  What a slap in the face to the mom of this little baby.  I don't know how the judge sleeps at night.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 10:44:02 PM »

at least he got 25 years right?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 10:45:22 PM »

what ever happened to spending life in prison, true life for murdering someone???
but if you are pushing a little dope or cheat the IRS, you get stiffer sentence than killing a little baby..shame shame shame...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 06:35:40 AM »

Yes...and in Maine State Prison, it means exactly that. No parole/time off for good behaviour, etc. He will be in there for 25 years, period. Not enough time, imo...

Note: Maine has no DP

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 09:01:54 AM »

Yes...and in Maine State Prison, it means exactly that. No parole/time off for good behaviour, etc. He will be in there for 25 years, period. Not enough time, imo...

Note: Maine has no DP
Ok, I didn't understand.  I thought the 25 yrs suspended sentence meant that he would only serve 5 yrs. ?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 10:36:37 AM »

Kittymom..see this..I had to read it twice to make sure ...xxx

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 11:55:22 AM »

Kittymom..see this..I had to read it twice to make sure ...xxx
Thanks!  Wow...that one little 'but' makes a ton of difference.  Well, 25 yrs in prison for being a baby killer will ensure he'll be watching his back.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.