March 29, 2024, 07:54:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #832 4/22/10 - 6/2/10  (Read 706962 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1040 on: May 26, 2010, 09:36:45 AM »

FIVE YEARS LATER

Reminder

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway

Page 14-15:
  On Thursday May 26, 2005, Natalee came into my bedroom at three o'clock in the morning to tell me it was almost time to go. Everyone was gathering at a friend's house for the ride to the airport. My job was to pick everyone up at the airport when they returned on Memorial Day, Monday, May 30, 2005.

While Natalee was going to be out of town, Jug was going to his lake house to visit with his family and friends. In our marriage, the second for both of us, we rarely vacationed together. My son, Matt, had made his own plans with friends for the weekend, so it was the perfect time for me to take a much-needed, overdue trip to my family's lake house in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I had not been there in a very long time. Birmingham is about nine hours away, so it was just too long a drive since moving here to make the trip on a regular basis. I was very much looking forward to visiting with my family. Everyone's plans were made.

In the wee hours on this Thursday morning Natalee and I loaded her things in the back of the car and headed off to her friend's house. It was very dark at that hour, and we were both only half awake. But we did talk some. Small talk. We reviewed what she had packed, going through a mental checklist of passport, cash, camera, sunscreen, and the like. When we arrived at her friend's house, she came to life. The adventure she had been excitedly awaiting for months was finally about to begin. She jumped out of the car and bounced to the back to get her bag. I got out and walked around the car to help her. She gathered her things and looked up long enough for me to kiss her on the cheek.

"I love you! Have a great time!" I told her.

She replied, "Bye, Mom! Love you!" and slung her purple duffel bag over her shoulder.

The bag made her walk slightly bent to its opposite side. I got back in the car as she made her way up the long walkway to the front door. Turning the car around to leave, I stopped and looked back over my shoulder to see her go inside. The front door of the house opened just wide enough for her to slip in. I saw her silhouette in the beam of light that shone from inside. The light narrowed as the door closed, then disappeared completely. It was pitch-black again. I drove away not knowing that would be the last time I would ever see Natalee.

MAY 26, 2005

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1041 on: May 26, 2010, 09:45:45 AM »

FIVE YEARS LATER

Flashback

Pages 184:
  he opportunity to hide behind Hurricane Katrina is too inviting.  The three suspects will be released while all eyes are turned to the devastation in New Orlean.

Page 185:  The last announcement I make on television is never seen.  Hurricane Katrina gives the island the cloak of cover it needs to let the suspects walk free and relieve itself of its media burden.

Corruption in Paradise - Dave Holloway

Page 142:
  Hurricane Katrina had left the door open for the boys to sent on their way with little publicity and few restrictions because it took the world's focus off of Natalee.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1042 on: May 26, 2010, 09:53:20 AM »

FIVE YEARS LATER

Flashback

Page 14:
  As the countdown to graduation and her senior trip ticked down, the time moved very fast.  On Friday night Natalee danced at the senior prom.  The following Tuesday night she walked across the stage and accepted her high-school diploma.  Two days after that she left for Aruba.  And by the next Monday morning she was missing.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1043 on: May 26, 2010, 10:05:19 AM »

FIVE YEARS LATER

Flashback

Page 1:
I watched as she received her high school diploma, and I took pictures of her at her graduation ceremony.  I planned to be there when she graduated from college and then medical school.  My pride would have enveloped us both.  I had long imagined the day when I would see my Natalee in her beautiful white wedding grown.  We would meet in the back of the church for her last moment as "daddy's little girl" and, as she encircled my arm with hers, I would lean down and whisper the words that all fathers must say to their daughters on that very special day, "I love you."  I would walk her down the aisle and proudly offer her hand to her fiance, and I would return to my seat knowing that my girl had accomplished all that a father could desire.  At that moment, it would be clear that the first tier of her life with me had come to an end and that the man she would now look to for approval and love would be her husband.  But she would always be my little Natalee ... always.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1044 on: May 26, 2010, 10:07:13 AM »

FIVE YEARS LATER

Flashback

Beth Holloway:

Jan van der Stratten is corrupt to the core of his existence.  He just doesn't deserve any more words..

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/2008/02/13/scared-monkeys-radio-daily-commentary-wednesday-february-13-2008-tonights-dana-pretzer-show-to-be-one-of-the-hardest-hitting-shows-to-date/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1045 on: May 26, 2010, 10:15:03 AM »

FIVE YEARS LATER

Flashback

Klaasend - Scared Monkeys

_____

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1046 on: May 26, 2010, 10:31:13 AM »

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1047 on: May 26, 2010, 11:52:32 AM »

an angelic monkey

Natalee's Candles

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5700.0

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1048 on: May 26, 2010, 12:07:01 PM »

FIVE YEARS LATER

Flashback

Page 184:
  Then FBI agent Bill comes by and delivers the final blow.  "The FBI has never received one single document from the Arubans.  Not one tape.  Nothing." he says sadly.  Depite our personal pleas to authorities here and our broadcast appeals to Aruba to let the FBI lend a hand, and regardless of Aruba's public response that it would welcome FBI assistance, the island never let FBI agents in on the investigation. Never passed them the ball.  Not even for one minute.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1049 on: May 26, 2010, 12:07:58 PM »

FIVE YEARS LATER

Flashback

Pages 187:
After waiting months to find out what my statement actually says, Jug calls on my first day in California. He has finally been able to obtain the translation of my statement from prosecutor Janssen. The one the detective brought to me to sign late that night in the restaurant. And I trusted him, and signed every page.

“listen to this, Beth …” The words he reads echo in my head. I begin to sink, and could slide to the ground out of my chair. “Jug, they changed it. They changed my statement.”

I had carefully given intricate details about the encounter in the van der Sloot front yard the first night we got to the island, including names and physical descriptions. Now Paulus van der Sloot is described only as “the man with the glasses.”

Those are not my words.

Earlier we learned from the prosecutor that the statements from the two uniformed officers who were with us in the van der Sloot front yard that morning didn’t mention the sexual encounters described by Joran between Natalee and him. No mention of his sexual contact with her as she was falling asleep and walking up. No mention of his description of her underwear and genitalia. So the judge never heard about all that.

There‘s no way a police officer could stand there that morning, hear what Joran was saying, and fail to include these details in a statement. No way. In my opinion this information must have been deleted for the officers.

Page 182:
  The day after our talk with Ms. Flanegan, I had to go to the police staton to turn in the statement that I had given to Dennis Jacobs.  He had given me a copy to go over with my attorney, Vinda.  But, after looking at it, I realized that it was only a page and a half long and had little to do with what we had actually discussed the most, the conversation that I had with Paulus van der Sloot at the prison ...  I had spent a long time with Jacobs, and much of my interview was not in the statement.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1050 on: May 26, 2010, 12:08:32 PM »

FIVE YEARS LATER

Flashback

Page 1:
  I cannot tell you how much it hurts to lose a child.  There are no words to describe the feelings that choke a parent who outlives a daughter. It is not supposed to happen this way. I was never prepared for this kind of pain, this type of emptiness. My heart has an insurmountable void that used to be filled with Natalee's presence.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1051 on: May 26, 2010, 12:10:49 PM »

Natalee's movie will be shown Thursday night.   

http://www.mylifetime.com/lifetime-tv-schedule

BUMPED

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1052 on: May 26, 2010, 02:58:50 PM »

FIVE YEARS LATER

Reminder

Aruba: The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Holloway and Corruption in Paradise
by Dave Holloway (Author), Larry Garrison (Author)

One father's mission to find his daughter

I am a father who has no idea what has happened to his child. The questions run through my mind all day long. They keep me awake at night. Is she dead? Is she alive? Is she being held captive somewhere? Are they hurting her? Is she crying out for me

These are the impassioned words of Dave Holloway, father of Natalee Holloway, whose disappearance in Aruba sparked a media frenzy and an international scandal. This book is the heart-wrenching story of his search, the most complete account of Natalee Holloway's disappearance in Aruba. Continuing his investigation to this very day, Holloway discloses:

- behind-the-scenes details of the investigation
- new revelations about the corruption of the Aruban law enforcement
- and the countless trails leading to possible rape, murder, and even sexual slavery

This book is the first insider's account of one of the decade's most disturbing and mysterious stories. Using never-before-seen photographs from their family album and stories of Natalee's childhood, Holloway relates the horror of personally searching through crack houses and trash dumps for Natalee-working alone, with authorities, even with psychics-while enduring the stonewalling of Aruban officials.

Learn what really went on behind the headlines of the tragic disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

http://www.amazon.ca/Aruba-Natalee-Holloway-Corruption-Paradise/dp/1595550631

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1053 on: May 26, 2010, 03:00:30 PM »

FIVE YEARS LATER

Reminder

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith

By Beth Holloway

This is the story no one should have to tell, about the nightmare no one wants to live, told by the parent no one wants to be.

In May of 2005, Beth Holloway received the worst phone call a parent can imagine. Her beautiful daughter, Natalee, had disappeared without a trace in Aruba during her high school senior class trip. Two years later, for the first time, Beth Holloway steps forward in this astonishingly candid and inspirational memoir to tell of her harrowing ordeal and her never-ending belief in the power of faith that gave her hope against all odds.

Natalee's senior class picture was splashed across the front pages of the country's newspapers and on television. Desperate for a clue as to her daughter's whereabouts, Beth and an army of faithful volunteers searched tirelessly for the missing eighteen-year-old. In their pursuit of Natalee, they encountered many roadblocks. As the horror stretched out, Beth stood on her foundation of faith, which at times was all she had to give her strength against a barrage of unbearable questions with no answers.

Natalee's disappearance remains unsolved and her location unknown to this day. Beth's search continues.

http://www.harpercollins.com/books/Loving-Natalee-Beth-Holloway/?isbn=9780061452277

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1054 on: May 26, 2010, 03:04:19 PM »

FIVE YEARS LATER 

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1055 on: May 26, 2010, 03:39:55 PM »

FIVE YEARS LATER

Flashback

Page 197:
  There is apparently no amount of money in the world that can get us the answer to what happened to Natalee.  When I asked an Aruban attorney about this, his response was chilling:  "The threat is bigger than the money," he says.  The Threat.  That dark influence.  The evil that nothing and no one can pierce.

Page 117:
  I also find it hard to believe that with all of the press that Natalee's disapppearance has attracted, there is not one person anywhere who knows what happened to her.  I can only surmise that those who do know something are too afraid to come forward.  Maybe there would be a price to pay if they tell, a price so high and so threatening that not even the $1,000,000 reward money is enough of an enticement for someone to bring us the truth.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1056 on: May 26, 2010, 03:42:58 PM »

Carp - Scared Monkeys

+++++++++

Freebird

If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be traveling on now,
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see.

Lynyrd Skynyrd

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1057 on: May 26, 2010, 05:08:50 PM »

IMO, good place to hide something for a few hours

http://www.awe24.com/?main&id=3517&offId=0

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1058 on: May 26, 2010, 05:51:39 PM »

I agree Klaas.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1059 on: May 26, 2010, 06:03:31 PM »

Thank you 2NJ  an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.