April 28, 2024, 07:33:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #832 4/22/10 - 6/2/10  (Read 711027 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #940 on: May 21, 2010, 02:09:52 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #941 on: May 21, 2010, 08:35:18 AM »

Oh, that's bad.  That's really, really bad news. 

I knew it...

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_72752.php

Google translation:

New car division Integral Professional Training

May 20, 2010, 14:34 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article   
Print this article 

ORANGE CITY - The Minister of Education and Justice Arthur Dower (AVP) this morning handed a new bus for the Department of Integrated Professional Training (IBT) to acting chief of police, Adolfo Richardson.

This happened at Garage Cordia. The car was financed by Fondo Desaroyo Aruba (FDA). The Minister welcomed the new acquisition. "I am pleased with the quality of the new car. I obviously want the best for the employees. Good facilities staff will provide content.

"Spokesman John Larmonie also is pleased with the new car. "People complained for years about the work in the sun without air conditioning. They have this car really deserves. "By handing over the seats of the car wrapped in plastic. There will be carpet in the car, so the materials are transported on the bus does not go slipping and sliding.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: May 21, 2010, 01:07:28 PM »

Considering the Arubans were in the know ... in his on-line journal why did Kyle Kingman not share with those who prayfully and monetarily upheld the Persistence' search for Natalee Holloway's remains in regards to the locating of a trap ...  a trap that could possibly be case related?

The trap is a non-issue in Kyle's enteries on:

December 25, 2007 - Sonar Discover
December 29, 2007 - ROV Dive
December 30, 2007 - ROV and Visual Dive
January 07, 2008 - Recovery Dive

Kyle's entire journal was a sham ... a betrayal.  Those supporting the search effort were anxiously anticipating updates by turning to the blog for updates ... for the truth.

If it were not for Dateline and Tim Miller ... would the world have ever known about the trap.  The proclamation of Aruba divers following the December 30th visual dive ... the proclamation which implied there was nothing case related inside the trap ... determined that Silvetti/Schaeffer could not prevent the Dateline special from airing. 

IMO
++++++++

The Search for Natalee Holloway

http://nholloway.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-01-17T21%3A29%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=7&reverse-paginate=true

Kyle Kingman - In His Own Words

Kyle Kingman:
I showed TM the proportional match and the possibility of a skirt under the sand and he said he's going to tell the parents. I said definitely not until we sample the trap and get results. He made the call to Dave and Beth independently.

Kyle Kingman:  The Arubans told us there wasn't anything of interest in the trap based on the visual-only inspection (Dateline and Tim Miller present).

Kyle Kingman:  Aruban divers deemed the cage to be not case related, and therefore Aruba had no interest in it.

Kyle Kingman:  Getting the response of nothing case significant gave Dateline a legal foothold to show the trap in their 1 hr special.

Kermit - Scared Monkeys

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #943 on: May 21, 2010, 02:38:10 PM »

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20100521/NEWS01/5210334/CSU-helps-save-life-of-dog-who-rescues-others

Sage, an 11-year-old border collie and world class rescue dog participates in a news conference Rhursday at the CSU Animal Cancer Center with her owner, Diane Whetsel. Sage was at CSU for a check up after cancer treatment. (V. Richard Haro /The Coloradoan)

May 21, 2010

CSU helps save life of dog who rescues others

BY SARAH JANE KYLE
SarahKyle@coloradoan.com

A world-renowned hero paid a visit to CSU's Veterinary Teaching Hospital on Thursday.

Looking at the exuberant 11-year-old border collie, no one would suspect she was in for her six-month checkup after having surgery last November for cancer.

Sage and her owner, Diane Whetsel, have worked together since Sage was 10 months old, training to become one of the nation's top search-and-rescue dogs. Sage was first deployed during the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, tasked with recovering the body of the terrorists who attacked the Pentagon. She was successful and since has worked on the Natalie Holloway case in Aruba, helped track down missing soldiers in Iraq and worked on several missing person and homicide cases with police departments across the nation.

As a result of her Sept. 11 work, Sage was enrolled in a canine health study conducted by the University of Penn-sylvania, to determine the risk and effects of search and rescue on dogs that work in environments such as Ground Zero.

Each year, Whetsel routinely sends a blood sample and chest X-rays to the University of Pennsylvania. The tests went without alarm until last fall when Whetsel was contacted by her veterinarian.

“There was something in her lungs, a mass of some sort,” Whetsel said. “They said it could be one of two, and their guess was either a thymoma or a lymphoma.”

Had it not been for the study, Whetsel said the masses might never have been found.

“She was never symptomatic,” Whetsel said. “Had it not been for the 9/11 study they were doing at the University of Pennsylvania, we may not have detected it until she was symptomatic and the prognosis may have been different.”

After speaking to multiple doctors about Sage’s condition, Whetsel decided to bring the canine hero to Colorado State University for treatment from their home in Roswell, N.M.

“Colorado State was the gold standard,” Whetsel said. “Everybody said where she needs to go is Colorado State. This is apparently the best, and all the doctors agreed to it.”

Sage underwent surgery in November to remove the masses from her chest and returned to CSU this week for a six-month checkup with Janet Lori, a veterinarian at the hospital. Lori and her team performed a CT scan Tuesday to check for additional masses.

While Lori said there is a small spot on the scan, she said the team was not certain whether it was an indication of another mass or simply reactive tissue from Sage’s surgery in November.

“At this point, we’re going to keep an eye on Sage and how she’s doing,” Lori said. “As far as what her long-term prognosis is, we are guardedly optimistic that her prognosis is good.”

Sage has always been a light to those around her, particularly the soldiers she
worked with in Iraq.

“We’d go eight or 10 miles a day and come back to the camp; and as soon as she’d take some water and lay down for five minutes, she’d have a Frisbee in her mouth,” Whetsel said. “She would always bring a smile to the soldiers’ faces.”

Sage stands out as the atypical employee: She truly loves her job. Whetsel attributes her excitement to the motivational style of training most rescue dogs enter.

“A dog that is trained motivationally likes the job. They want to do it,” Whetsel said. “The reward for her is actually the job itself, not that she’s going to get to the end of it. She loves the job.”

Alongside the discomfort of Sage’s profession lies danger. Search-and-rescue dogs are routinely exposed to hazardous environments and materials, paving the way for multiple health problems. However, Whetsel said, despite their hero status, many dogs often never receive the care they need or deserve.

“These dogs have no support once they’re done working. In her case (Sage’s), she belongs to me, so it’s up to me to take care of her,” Whetsel said. “If the dog is injured in the military, local police or state police, the business office decides what they’re going to do for these dogs. Lots of times, if there is an expensive treatment needed, they just retire them and that leaves their fate uncertain.”

Because of this dilemma, Whetsel started the Sage Foundation for Dogs to help provide funding for injured or ill K-9 dogs.

“I want to make sure that all of our hero dogs in this country are taken care of the best they can and that they get the treatment they need,” Whetsel said. “And that their treatment’s not decided by some business office.”

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: May 21, 2010, 04:11:59 PM »

Those who upheld the Persistence endeavor through both prayers and/or giving deserved so much more!!

IMO

Janet

+++++++

CHRONOLOGY OF EVENTS

December 25, 2007 - Sonar Discover
December 29, 2007 - 1st ROV Dive
December 30, 2007 - Visual Dive and 2nd ROV Dive
January 07, 2008 - Recovery Dive

THE DECEPTION

THE SEARCH FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAY

December 25, 2007 - Blog Entry

Tues 25-Dec 0140 hrs
The search is amidst perhaps the most difficult phase. The excitement and energy of the beginning has waned, yet the end is still on the horizon. We will persevere and give this wonderful vessel reason for it's namesake. ...

December 29, 2007 - Blog Entry

Sun 29-Dec- 2335 hrs
Dockside, the ROV team went into action this morning on board the Persistence. Before a test dive could be performed, all systems were checked and rechecked. Once the diagnostics were complete, the Persistence and crew went out to a test dive site known to be free of obstructions and major hazards to the ROV. The purpose of testing the ROV was two fold: 1) ensure all systems function perfectly underwater in full operation mode, and 2) prove the Persistence could hold location over the ROV, track the vehicle, and maneuver itself to keep the ROV umbilical cable out of the ship's screws.

December 30, 2007 - No Blog Entry

Mon 31-Dec - 1022hrs
The Persistence spent yesterday performing multiple dives with the ROV. The purpose of the dives is for collecting video of each sonar target. Typically, the sonar target is quickly identified and ruled out from the ROV video. The ROV operations lasted until dusk, where we resumed sonar survey operations through the night. Today, we are performing more ROV dives on targets of potential interest

January 07, 2008 - No Blog Entry

Wed 09-Jan 1816 hrs
All Internet connectivity was lost for two days due to rough seas and equipment failure. The old adage "No news is good news" only applies on land. Offshore, the 'Law of the Sea' rules and no news usually just means "lost contact". The seas were 6-8ft with the occasional 12+ft swell. The past two nights were spent conducting a bathymetry-only survey of the new grid.

Posted by Kyle Kingman

http://nholloway.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-01-17T21%3A29%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=7&reverse-paginate=true

THE TRUTH

December 25, 2007 and December 29, 2007

Kyle Kingman:  I found the trap on 1:45am Christmas morning.  I got the OK to begin our ROV dive series for the 29th, so I made it our first dive. We got visual of the fish trap and that it was suspicious. Basically, the fish trap door was open and there appeared to be a skull and torso-shape in sand on the door inside the trap Reviewing the 29-Dec video I noticed the torso shape in sand had a 90 degree angle and that the sand was supported from falling through the bottom of the trap, which was slightly excavated by currents. I proportioned out the distance from the top of the head, to shoulder, to that 90 degree angle and it was a match to Natalee's photo of her standing -head, to shoulder, to the end of her denim skirt. I showed TM the proportional match and the possibility of a skirt under the sand and he said he's going to tell the parents. I said definitely not until we sample the trap and get results. He made the call to Dave and Beth independently.

December 30, 2007

Kyle Kingman:
  On the morning of the 30th we met on board the Persistence with Hans Mos, Richardson, and the rest of the police brass and dive division. I showed them all the 29th dive video and they agreed that it was very suspicion and looked promising. Later that day 30-Dec we conducted the dive with the Aruban divers along with our own Tim Trahan.

Kyle Kingman:  Later that day 30-Dec we conducted the dive with the Aruban divers along with our own Tim Trahan.  He couldn't tell by his own admission.

Kyle Kingman:  By Tim's own admission, his observation of the inside of the trap (lasting a few seconds) was inconclusive

Kyle Kingman:  The Arubans told us there wasn't anything of interest in the trap based on the visual-only inspection (Dateline and Tim Miller present).

Kyle Kingman:  John definitely believed the Arubans at their every word when they said on Dec 30th that it was nothing case relevant.

January 07, 2008

Kyle Kingsman - In His Own Words

Kyle Kingman:  For Jan 7th, Eduardo wasn't on the boat, neither were any media, Tim Miller, or Tim Trahan.

Kyle Kingman: The Persistence had no divers on the 7th. Tim Trahan was our diver on the 30th-Dec, but he was out of the country at the time. The Aruban divers were on the police boat, dove from their boat, and returned to their boat.

Kyle Kingman: They were immediately whisked away by the Aruban police and not seen of again by us on the 7th.

Kyle Kingman: I get done in the survey room backing up the ROV dive and head to the back deck to talk to the Polis divers and see what they sampled and see the Polis boat way in the distance heading away fast. John doesn't seem concerned at all, but I am very dissapointed, concerned, and burning inside because I have a feeling that I/we will never know what they took from the trap.

Kermit - Scared Monkeys

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: May 21, 2010, 05:52:58 PM »

Above all ...

Natalee Holloway and her family deserved more.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: May 21, 2010, 06:02:46 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_72804.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Looking for ancestors

May 21, 2010, 13:32 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - On the website this week genlias.nl the birth certificates of Aruba over the years 1831-1909 added. In total of 15,901 records. Genlias.nl is a database that allows for parents to find. That possibility, though still limited, thus also for Aruba.

The information indicates the site is directly from the records of civil status. This is the main source for genealogical research. In the Netherlands Antilles, the registry, depending on the island, introduced between 1823 and 1828. In Aruba in 1823. The archives of the State departments of the five islands of Aruba and managed by the National Archives. These data services such as the governorates of the country, the district master, judicial institutions, solicitors and so on. Furthermore, the National Archives to administer various private archives such as family, personal, business and church archives. The openness of the archives is limited. Birth certificates can be found after 100 years, 75 years after marriage certificates and death certificates after 50 years.

In 2007, the first acts of civil status of Aruba and the Antilles Genlias added. This occurred in the presence of former ministers and representative director of the National Archives. At the same time as the expansion of the website with information on the six islands at baptisms held. Over the years additions have ever posted. Until now, on both sides of the Atlantic pressure using these files. This week is the birth certificates of Aruba, but the death certificates for the years 1941-1950 of Saba (217 records) added.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: May 21, 2010, 08:39:59 PM »

THE MONTSERAT POND DISTRACTION

At this point in time ... the witness had yet to emerge.  Caps credits Shango for revealing the "truth" regarding the happenings on the morning of May 30, 2005 encompassing the Montserat Pond.

Janet

++++++++

oceanexploration
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #736 2/27 -
« Reply #270 on: February 28, 2008, 07:34:45 PM »

This is two of our crew out surveying the pond yesterday (27-Feb).  They are using a SonaVision scanning sonar. The sonar scans 360 degrees out to a user select range.  In this case we used between 50-100ft range.  By placing multiple "drops" approximately 75-100 ft apart you can quickly and efficiently scan an entire pond.
I must have a good laught at this one. The boat they are in is TINY and Tony is a big guy.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2654.msg356876#msg356876]

Klaasend - Scared Monkeys

Kermit
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #832 4/22/10 -
« Reply #736 on: May 17, 2010, 04:14:27 PM »

To: daveholloway@xxxxxx
Subject: RE: Nathalee possible buried place
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:18:15 -0500

Hi Dave,

To get Natalee Body you have to come to Aruba and arrange for some large Pumps that can drain a small pond. It has an odd shape.

I have decipher the Shango Riddle and the outcome of the Riddle points out the cover-up and also where the body was deposit in Aruba.

<snipped>

Yours Truly,

CAPSLOCKWIZARD.
______

Extract from my report:

<snipped>

Where to look for the Body:

The only way the body can be found is to search for the shoes round the edges for the murky pools of Monserat in Aruba, and when the sneaker is found, the body will be there also. Drain this body of water and see what is in there.

<snipped>

About Me:
Name: Rudolf H. Vrolijk
Address: Shiribana 6, Aruba
Email: Vrolijkr@hotmail.com
Email: capslockwizard@hotmail.com
Phone: 297-746-7000

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7363.720

Kyle Kingman:  I think it is highly unlikely and completely inconsistent with numerous testimonies and other evidence that the pond (or anything but the ocean) contains Natalee's remains.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5922.msg974071#msg974071

Kyle Kingman:  There are 18 targets. Two are definitely tires. The rest, who knows.  It's likely tin cans, mud clumps, and debris. There is one small box-like target but it's only 2ft across and doesn't have much relief, unless it's completely sunk into the mud (likely).  I can find something about the size of a hockey puck with that system in good conditions. The water was very shallow when this survey was done.  Remember, in February 2006 the pond was almost dry.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4804.msg754948#msg754948

Kermit - Scared Monkeys

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #948 on: May 21, 2010, 09:04:59 PM »

When the witness does emerge at some point ... coincidently this he happens to reside at the same address as Rudolph Vrolijk aka CapsLockWizard.

+++++++

Kermit
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #832 4/22/10 -
« Reply #700 on: May 17, 2010, 01:40:55 AM »

Geerman Gerardo

Siribana 6
585-3063
http://www.arubayp.com/whitesearch.html?phone=&name=geerman&page=7

Webb Lorenzo D       
Shiribana 6
588-99xx
http://www.arubayp.com/whitesearch.html?phone=&name=Webb&page=2

CAPS
Address: Shiribana 6, Aruba
Phone: 297-746-7xxx

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7363.msg1134683#msg1134683

klaasend
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #829 2/14/10 -
« Reply #539 on: February 16, 2010, 07:51:52 PM »

Lie detector test   - Jenny Geerman
http://stephww.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/lie-detector.pdf

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7018.msg1076042#msg1076042

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: May 21, 2010, 10:05:47 PM »

http://stephww.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/lie-detector.pdf

snipped

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: May 21, 2010, 10:21:29 PM »

Thanks Texasmom.

KERMIT!!  HELP!!  PLEASE

Considering you used the Aruban directory ... did the witness move or ... could Gerardo and Jenny Geerman be two different people.

Thanks

Good Night All!  A game or two of Yatzee with the grandkids is where it is at.  Mom and Dad are on a date.

Janet
7:20 PM PT

_____

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #951 on: May 22, 2010, 01:15:37 AM »

Somewhat OT but so related...   

Vince DeMentri 'no longer with' WPIX/Channel 11 after allegedly slapping
chauffeur over parking spot

By Richard Huff and Joe Kemp
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Originally Published:Friday, May 21st 2010, 8:01 PM
Updated: Friday, May 21st 2010, 11:43 PM

TV news bad boy Vince DeMentri lost his
job at WPIX/Channel 11 Friday - just days
after allegedly slapping a chauffeur during
a fight over a parking space.

"Vince DeMentri is no longer with the
company," a WPIX spokeswoman said
Friday night, noting that he did not appear
on the channel's news program Friday
night.

The trouble-prone reporter was busted by
the NYPD Thursday after a bloody-lipped
chauffeur went to cops to report the assault
on E. 41st St.

DeMentri pulled up to where the chauffeur
to the Bahamian UN ambassador was
waiting Wednesday and went nuts because
he couldn't find a spot, cops said. The
driver, Hurley Senanayake, held his
ground, and DeMentri clocked him in the
face, then zoomed off in his Audi. The
quick-thinking Senanayake took down
DeMentri's license plate number, police
said.

DeMentri's lawyer said the driver's story is
a sham.

"This was a money play," said Joe Tacopina
. "This guy is someone who was clearly
trying to set [DeMentri] up for a civil case."

Tacopina
said he plans to sue the news
station for wrongfully terminating DeMentri.

DeMentri, 43, started as WPIX's lead
reporter in March despite a series of off-
air scandals.

He left his previous job at an NBC affiliate
in Philadelphia after bedding a co-anchor
and engaging in an overly public beef with
the station's weatherman.

He was busted in 2001 - while working for
WCBS Channel 2 in New York - for posing 
 as a federal agent and sneaking into
Ground Zero two days after the 9/11
attacks. Charges were eventually dropped.

"I've never been convicted of a crime - not
even a misdemeanor, yet I feel like I'm still
one of the bad boys, part of the '70s 
Oakland Raiders," DeMentri told the Daily
News in March, insisting he'd left his
checkered past behind him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/05/21/2010-05-21_wpixchannel_11_reporter_vince_dementri_after_slapping_chauffeur_to_un_amba.html 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 01:19:07 AM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: May 22, 2010, 01:29:13 AM »

Thanks 2NJ, interesting...the first thing that crossed my mind was that I thought I'd read a while back that Tacopina was some kind of sport agent now.  So I went looking.  I don't remember where I read about it first...someone may have posted about it here. 

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/33239-Former-defence-lawyer-Joe-Tacopina-trying-his-hand-as-a-player-agent.html

Former defence lawyer Joe Tacopina trying his hand as a player agent

2010-04-26 18:50:00

TORONTO - There aren't very many five-star hotels to be found in junior hockey towns.
Joe Tacopina discovered that pretty quickly after trading in the lavish life of a high-profile New York defence lawyer to try his hand at becoming a hockey player agent last year. He remembers one particularly gruesome stay at an $89 motel in Victoriaville, Que., during a trip to see client Joel Chouinard play for the QMJHL's Tigres.

"I'm staying in a roach-infested motel in Victoriaville and I'm thinking, 'OK, this is a little different than the Ritz I was at about a year ago while trying the biggest case in New York City,'" Tacopina recalled during a recent interview.

It's the kind of story he tells with a laugh and a smile. Tacopina took an unusual path into the hockey world and seems to be thoroughly enjoying himself now that he's arrived.

A passionate Montreal Canadiens fan who grew up played the sport at Skidmore College, he started dreaming of becoming an agent before ever making a name for himself as one of New York's top defence lawyers. It finally became a reality in 2009 when he joined forces with former NHL executive Ed Horne to create Madison Avenue Sports and Entertainment.

The career change caught some associates by surprise?"People have said to me, 'What the hell are you doing?"'?but Tacopina has had very little time to sit back and reflect.

He and Horne have quickly started building their agency, hiring a scouting staff while taking on roughly 30 hockey clients. They include junior players, minor-leaguers and NHLers like New York Rangers captain Chris Drury and Washington Capitals forward Eric Belanger.

"We've gone from 0-to-60 in about three seconds," said Tacopina. "Ed and I did not expect this. We have 15 people working for the agency right now. We weren't ready for that level of growth, that quickly."

As a lawyer, Tacopina earned a reputation as someone who will work tirelessly on behalf of his clients and get results. He took on a number of high-profile cases in New York and found himself making frequent television appearances while being featured in such publications as GQ Magazine and The New York Times.

Conceptually, he doesn't see much difference in the skill-set required to do his old job and the new one. Tacopina recently negotiated a contract with the Dallas Stars for AHLer Mathieu Tousignant and found himself drawing on past experience.

"It was the same give-and-take?knowing when you have leverage, knowing when you don't," he said. "And when you know you don't, not pretending you do. It's just being an honest straight-shooter."

Tacopina has found the hockey world to be a welcoming place during his first few months on the job. Advice has come from NHL general managers and other agents who might end up competing with him for clients.

There is no shortage of people looking to represent hockey players. Tacopina was one of roughly 140 certified agents to attend an annual meeting with the NHL Players' Association last month.

He welcomes the challenge.

"I've been a trial lawyer in New York City, where every time there's a big case the same 10 lawyers get interviewed," said Tacopina. "I grew up in competition, I thrive on competition. Really what competition does is force the cream of the crop to the top. I don't want to win if I don't deserve to win.

"I don't want us to become a successful agency if our players aren't happy. We won't, we won't. Competition to me just means that you can't just mail it in?you need to really do what you say you're going to do. It can't be a politician's promise."

Tacopina and Horne plan to lure clients with a promise of not only representing them, but also maximizing their marketing and sponsorship exposure.

They know the league's star players will likely continue gravitating to the powerful agents?"the big boys, the acronyms" in Tacopina's words?but hope to provide a high level of service to some of the middle-tier guys.

"If you're not that top-10 player in the league, you sort of get lost in the shuffle sometimes," said Tacopina. "At least that's what some people feel, true or not."

It's been quite a learning experience so far. He was quickly exposed to the sleezier side of the business.

"Oh god yeah, on Day 3," said Tacopina. "Obviously I'm not going to name names, but we had one of the most highly touted 15-year-olds in the world and the parents wanted to bring us on board. But then there was a request for remuneration?they wanted something of value for that.
"It's not legal, it's not appropriate, it's not ethical. And we made a decision early on that we're not going in that direction."

As always, Tacopina plans to do it with hard work.

Even though the job has left the father of five a "little short on sleep" over the last year, it hasn't diminished his love of hockey. In fact, he'd have it no other way.

"For me to be really into something, good at something, I have to be very passionate about it," said Tacopina, who calls Maurice Richard his idol. "If I'm not interested in it, I don't have the attention. I can't be focused on it. ...

"For me, it's part of the ingredients of success. My magic elixir is to be loving what you're doing and be passionate about it?and I love the sport."

Success has followed him throughout his professional career and it won't be surprising to see it arrive again in the new endeavour. Tacopina oozes confidence and isn't afraid to make a joke at his own expense.

"I don't believe in my own bullshit?the GQ stuff and my Larry King appearances put together," he said. "I'm a kid who grew up in Brooklyn to Italian immigrants and I still wake up every day thinking how lucky I am.

"That being said, I know what I can do and I know what I can do well."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: May 22, 2010, 01:38:59 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: May 22, 2010, 10:33:48 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/17949-posibelmente-caso-di-hogamento-na-daimari.html

Papiamentu translation:

bruno tulun dirksz by 28 anja owing to hoga pabao by daimari

saturday, 22 may 2010 09:10 0

some amigo cu conocimento by lama owing to go lama saturday morning before coy kreeft. tulun dirksz conocido kickboxer by sta cruz also owing to go cu amigonan. all was have equipment by dive cu they. after by owing to come into lama at dado instant tulun owing to go in one scual in lama. algo have to owing to happen cune according gino wauben that have quite anja by experiencia in diving y owing to busca tulun at home before go lama cune. they was three amigo y more trip they know go lama together before diving kreeft or throw pisca. according gino wauben always the is go fast y at dado instant tulun owing to dale hang on to by behind. past owing to cuminsa ranca full her equipment. tulun owing to hang on to y gino self owing to pur owing to aid tulun but past owing to cuminsa mande abao also mirando the panico. gino is believe cu tulun owing to become bad. the by three amigo owing to core come aid y so owing to succeed before gino come upstairs but tulun if owing to go abao cu two equipment by dive. the two amigonan owing to succeed arrive earth at baranca east by mouth by wiwi. eynan owing to beat alarma y after owing to go bek before saca tulun by water. at arrival by police y bombero already come to anend the curpa was at near. bomberonan have to owing to busca lift before arrive mirando the caminda bad. personal by ambulance owing to arrive cu helicopter. doctor owing to being be called before present at the sitio y helicopter owing to trece. finalmente have to owing to bring the curpa cu one pickup 4x4 because the car by dead niether can owing to arrive at the lugar. helicopter owing to say cu they do not transporta curpa without life.

http://boletinextra.com/index.php/local-news/1429-momento-cu-dokter-ta-subi-helicopter-rumbo-daimari

instant cu doctor is ascend helicopter direction daimari

saturday, 22 may 2010 10:09

this is one rato happen cu doctor owing to come to anend by ascend the helicopter is so they bahe canto by lama caminda still the young bruno driks is poni canto by lama after by owing to fayece in lamanan bruto by daimari where the will have to owing to confronta problem. famianan is at the sitio y is in panico y not can owing to believe locual owing to sosode. owing to try all manner before hibe the curpa upstairs but do not hasie y is keep the autoridadnan, doctor y recherche present at the sitio. before after brandweer y police bring the curpa upstairs before after they laydown in the car funeral. at famianan by the fayecido bruno dirks, ex voetbolista by estrella.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: May 22, 2010, 06:24:14 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/17949-posibelmente-caso-di-hogamento-na-daimari.html

Papiamentu translation:

bruno tulun dirksz by 28 anja owing to hoga pabao by daimari

saturday, 22 may 2010 09:10 0

some amigo cu conocimento by lama owing to go lama saturday morning before coy kreeft. tulun dirksz conocido kickboxer by sta cruz also owing to go cu amigonan. all was have equipment by dive cu they. after by owing to come into lama at dado instant tulun owing to go in one scual in lama. algo have to owing to happen cune according gino wauben that have quite anja by experiencia in diving y owing to busca tulun at home before go lama cune. they was three amigo y more trip they know go lama together before diving kreeft or throw pisca. according gino wauben always the is go fast y at dado instant tulun owing to dale hang on to by behind. past owing to cuminsa ranca full her equipment. tulun owing to hang on to y gino self owing to pur owing to aid tulun but past owing to cuminsa mande abao also mirando the panico. gino is believe cu tulun owing to become bad. the by three amigo owing to core come aid y so owing to succeed before gino come upstairs but tulun if owing to go abao cu two equipment by dive. the two amigonan owing to succeed arrive earth at baranca east by mouth by wiwi. eynan owing to beat alarma y after owing to go bek before saca tulun by water. at arrival by police y bombero already come to anend the curpa was at near. bomberonan have to owing to busca lift before arrive mirando the caminda bad. personal by ambulance owing to arrive cu helicopter. doctor owing to being be called before present at the sitio y helicopter owing to trece. finalmente have to owing to bring the curpa cu one pickup 4x4 because the car by dead niether can owing to arrive at the lugar. helicopter owing to say cu they do not transporta curpa without life.

http://boletinextra.com/index.php/local-news/1429-momento-cu-dokter-ta-subi-helicopter-rumbo-daimari

instant cu doctor is ascend helicopter direction daimari

saturday, 22 may 2010 10:09

this is one rato happen cu doctor owing to come to anend by ascend the helicopter is so they bahe canto by lama caminda still the young bruno driks is poni canto by lama after by owing to fayece in lamanan bruto by daimari where the will have to owing to confronta problem. famianan is at the sitio y is in panico y not can owing to believe locual owing to sosode. owing to try all manner before hibe the curpa upstairs but do not hasie y is keep the autoridadnan, doctor y recherche present at the sitio. before after brandweer y police bring the curpa upstairs before after they laydown in the car funeral. at famianan by the fayecido bruno dirks, ex voetbolista by estrella.

Video of the above - WARNING - VERY GRAPHIC

http://www.einformante.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2065:entrevista-cu-buciado-cu-hopi-experiencia-gino-wauben-di-kico-a-pasa-cu-tulun-a-hoga&catid=1:policial&Itemid=2
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: May 22, 2010, 07:26:56 PM »

DAILY NEWS WRITERS

night.

on E. 41st St.

said.

a sham.

Tacopina

air scandals.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/05/21/2010-05-21_wpixchannel_11_reporter_vince_dementri_after_slapping_chauffeur_to_un_amba.html 

This guy is FOS and he is a hot head.  He has been in trouble before.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: May 23, 2010, 02:38:43 AM »

http://www.arubatoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=820&Itemid=1

Ritz Carlton will continue despite controversy

Thursday, 20 May 2010

ORANJESTAD—The government of Aruba is instructed to introduce by law a ten year moratorium on new hotel, timeshare and condominium buildings. That is the outcome of a long and emotional Parliamentary meeting that was spread over weeks on the policy of commercial land issuing. The catalyst for the Parliamentary session was the last minute grant of the last piece of beach at Palm Beach for the construction of a new hotel, to be operated by Ritz Carlton. The former Minister of Infrastructure, despite her party having lost the elections here in 2009, signed the deed to allow Desarollos Hotelco to get access to the Fisherman’s Huts area. According to the new Government, legal advice indicates Aruba is tied to the deal and cannot retract without paying considerable sum in damages.

In fact, Minister of Tourism Otmar Oduber stated in Parliament, that the Ritz Carlton at the Fisherman’s Huts cannot be stopped because of actions of the previous government. His government has requested legal advice from two different lawyers’ offices, and both said there could be devastating financial consequences for the government, despite the fact the former Minister of Infrastructure granted the land while softening the legal requirements for the developers. Oduber blamed the former Minister, now Member of Parliament directly, and showed how her principal advisor Mito Martis in 2007 suggested a moratorium on new hotel, timeshare and condominium constructions and Mrs. Lopez Tromp signed the document. The Minister agreed with his Parliament members that an investigation on the decision process is warranted, not only to determine what when wrong, but also to make sure it does not happen again.

The Parliament members instructed the current government to adhere to existing reports, such as the National Integrated Strategic Plan ‘Nos Aruba 2025,’ developed with the input of many volunteers, as well as recommendations made by Professor Sam Cole in his report ‘Framework of Sustainable Tourism for Aruba.’

Meanwhile the AVP members presented three motions in the meeting yesterday. The first demanded for Aruba to adhere to the Oslo Agreement on Eco tourism and to introduce within six months, a law on a ten-year moratorium on new hotel, timeshare and condominiums. “No more hotels,” resonated in the hall. The exception could be for the San Nicolas area, but this would have to be in line with the ‘Framework for Sustainable Tourism’ by Professor Cole that suggests ‘boutique hotels.’ The motions also demanded for the government to limit commitments made by its predecessor should these have negative effects for the island.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: May 23, 2010, 04:42:20 AM »

Truth and Justice for Natalee!

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #959 on: May 23, 2010, 10:14:46 AM »

DAILY NEWS WRITERS

night.

on E. 41st St.

said.

a sham.

Tacopina

air scandals.

This guy is FOS and he is a hot head.  He has been in trouble before.

I know, San, and the fact he has Taco defending him was no surprise....another punk on his client list. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.