April 23, 2024, 07:42:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #832 4/22/10 - 6/2/10  (Read 710268 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1120 on: May 28, 2010, 06:32:12 PM »

Klaas

Would you please take a screen shot of the NHRC webpage and bring it over to the forum.

Thanks

Janet

+++++++

The Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)

http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1121 on: May 28, 2010, 06:48:40 PM »

Klaas

Would you please take a screen shot of the NHRC webpage and bring it over to the forum.

Thanks

Janet

+++++++

The Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)

http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1122 on: May 28, 2010, 06:51:55 PM »

Used online translator - from Dutch:

Romy Hoeksma
Hey Joran,
How are you doing? long time no speak...yet you live in thailand?

Joran:

Yes zoizo long ago. No is no longer in Thailand am in another country. How's everything with you?

Romy:

yes top:)
Soon again went to the Caribbean:) then I go on to Seoul to study me .. what do you all now?

Joran:

Do you look what island are you going? I'm doing work, I let my business in Thailand and have now just a paid job so am too busy working. Hope all is well with you and good luck in Seoul, I been here once with some Thai friends and was super nice uiteraad a culture shock but well done for the tog:). Greetings.

http://ja-jp.facebook.com/rhoeksma

http://rooww.hyves.nl/friends/

http://twitter.com/rooww

http://nl.linkedin.com/pub/romy-hoeksma/18/81A/672

Romy Hoeksma

Student at Saxion Hogescholen
Enschede Area, Netherlands

Current
Callcenter agent at Unamic Hcn
CALL CENTER AGENT at KPN HI MOBILE

Past
Commercial agent at DSB Bank
COMMERCIAL ASSISTANT at Polo Ralph Lauren

Education
Saxion Hogescholen
Saxion University Enschede

Connections
57 connections

Industry
International Trade and Development
Romy Hoeksma’s Summary

Search for an internship September 2010

I would like to apply for the position of an intern in the department of Marketing or Finance. This internship will last for approximately 90 days and will start in September 2010.

I am a student of International Business & Management Studies living in The Netherlands. I am currently studying in the second year. This education is focused on preparing one to make a career in an international environment. Therefore it involves a period of doing an internship and a period of studying abroad.

A function in the Marketing department strongly appeals to me because I believe marketing is a very powerful aspect of a company. Especially being part of the staff of your company is a chance for me to prove what I am capable of in a professional environment.

My strong qualities are that I easy adapt to specific situations, which makes it easy for me to cope with different cultures and also international business environment. Moreover, my past-experience with working in a bank gives me knowledge about certain aspects in a company. Also, reaching my goal is very important for me that makes me a very motivated person. Yet there is still much to learn and I am willing to do my utmost to reach the company standards.

Romy Hoeksma’s Specialties:
accountancy, advertising, basic, corporate finance, dutch, english, german, information systems, legal, listening, marketing, microsoft excel, office management, operations management, public speaking, read, retail management, spanish, spss, statistics, telephone skills, web site production, methodology, mathematic, cultural management, capital budgetting, strategic management, management control

Romy Hoeksma’s Experience

Callcenter agent
Unamic Hcn
(Telecommunications industry)
December 2009 — Present (6 months)
CALL CENTER AGENT
KPN HI MOBILE
(International Trade and Development industry)
January 2009 — Present (1 year 5 months)
existing-customers and maintaining their phone-contract.

Commercial agent
DSB Bank
(Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Banking industry)
September 2008 — October 2009 (1 year 2 months)
Dealing with Loans/Mortgages

COMMERCIAL ASSISTANT
Polo Ralph Lauren
(Public Company; RL; Apparel & Fashion industry)
August 2008 — January 2009 (6 months)
Working in St.Maarten, The Netherlands Antilles at The Polo store

Romy Hoeksma’s Education

Saxion Hogescholen
2008 — 2012 (expected)

Saxion University Enschede
Bachelor , International Business & Management Studies (in English) , 2008 — 2012 (expected)

Principal subjects: Management & Organization, Methodology, Statistics (Excel and SPSS), Law, Marketing, Accounting, English language, (Spanish language), Accounting Information Systems, Operations management, Corporate Finance, Cultural management.
2004-2008   
International Trade & retail management (in Dutch)- ROC van Twente
Principal subjects

Activities and Societies:
(outdoor)sports,traveling,reading,having fun

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1123 on: May 28, 2010, 06:56:45 PM »

http://ja-jp.facebook.com/rhoeksma

Current City:   Enschede, Netherlands
Hometown:   Enschede, Netherlands

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1124 on: May 28, 2010, 06:57:46 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

I really must learn how to do those screen shots.  Is it hard?

Janet 

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1125 on: May 28, 2010, 07:04:22 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/18143-aruba-tin-black-out-un-biaha-mas.html

Papiamentu translation:

aruba have black out once more

friday, 28 may 2010 18:12

according informacionnan cu we owing to come to anend by ricibi, aruba once more is in one general black out. we reporteronan at the sitio owing to confirma cu we cu boiler number 3 owing to cay afor y entire the plant owing to cay. sinembargo the trahadornan owing to succeed domina the candela. if 25 megawat owing to wordo perdi in this. brandweer tey before controla if all cos is good. in the proximo 4 oranan the situation will can normalisa afresh.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1126 on: May 28, 2010, 07:52:30 PM »

Tuesday - June 1, 2010 is the deadline 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1127 on: May 28, 2010, 07:57:29 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

I really must learn how to do those screen shots.  Is it hard?

Janet 

There are different ways to do it.  It this case it was a bit harder because it was a large area.  So I did 2 captures and then made it into one file in photoshop.

Normally, there are programs where you can capture areas or screens fairly easy and save them to your PC.  I use a program called PrintKey Pro and I really like it.  There are many programs some free and some pay.

Whenever I want to learn something, I check Youtube for tutorials.  Here is a real good tutorial on doing screen captures and saving them using your PRINT SCREEN key and PAINT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa4YQirbITY

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1128 on: May 28, 2010, 08:11:46 PM »

Tuesday - June 1, 2010 is the deadline 

Thanks for the reminder Klaas.

According to John Kelly ... the Kalpoes' attorney make it clear from the getgo that no case documents would be forthcoming and ... three years later the case still has not been dismissed for non-compliance.

Maybe the disputed segment of McGraw's recording will have to stand alone.  Maybe  McGraw's attorneys will be required to prove to the court that the recording was not deceptively manipulated.  Maybe there will be a negotiated settlement.

MAYBE THE COURT WILL DISMISS THE DEFAMATION CASE AGAINST PHIL MCGRAW.

Janet

+++++++

Brothers Questioned in Holloway Case Sue Dr. Phil
Judge Refuses to Dismiss Holloway-Related Suit Against CBS and 'Dr. Phil' McGraw
LOS ANGELES Feb 6, 2008 (AP)

A judge refused to dismiss a defamation suit Tuesday against CBS and television psychologist "Dr. Phil" McGraw brought by two brothers who were questioned in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

William Cremer, the lead attorney for Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, praised the decision by Superior Court Judge Edward A. Ferns.

"I'm going to take Dr. Phil down," he said outside the courtroom. ....

The Kalpoes, who have maintained they had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance, sued in December 2006, claiming the "Dr. Phil" talk show altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

The brothers also contend the TV show implied they helped kill Holloway and got rid of her body. Their suit claims defamation, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

Cremer said the taped remarks by Van der Sloot, which were secretly recorded by a Dutch crime reporter, help his clients' defamation case.

"It pretty much exonerates my boys, doesn't it?" Cremer said.

In their dismissal motion, attorneys for CBS Television and McGraw maintained lawyers for the Kalpoes did not meet deadlines to produce all documents they have demanded concerning the criminal case investigation against the brothers in Aruba.

But the judge gave the Kalpoes' lawyers another five days to satisfy the document deadline.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/WireStory?id=4248025&page=1
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/WireStory?id=4248025&page=2

Holloway Case: New Kalpoe Documents
Friday, September 14, 2007

JOHN KELLY, FAMILY'S ATTORNEY: I believe David Koch (ph), one of the attorneys for the Kalpoes actually signed a declaration at the court indicating that even if the court ordered the documents be turned over, they were not going to turn them over, which was sort of, for lack of a better word, arrogant on his part. The court did not necessarily like that.

But I can't see them both using the courts as a sword and then a shield. They can't bring this action, they can't seek damages and not obey the orders of the court and expect their case to go forward.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296798,00.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1129 on: May 28, 2010, 08:25:15 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

I will probably take the lazy way out and ... continue to let my DIL save all Natalee Holloway case images in her photobucket and ... I know that she also backs them up.

My youngest son takes care of all the photos from my digital camera.  I look at them on the computer ... choose the ones I want and ... pick up the prints at my local London Drugs within 24 hours.

About a month ago when we were visiting eldest son, DIL and grandson on Vancouver Island ... the van was broken into and our camera was stolen.  All photos taken from Christmas to Easter were in that camera.  I still feel sick when I think about it.  Normally hubby is so careful about locking our vehicles and making there are no valuable left inside but ... he got distracted and ... those thieves took full advantage.

Janet

_____

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1130 on: May 29, 2010, 12:14:53 AM »

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1131 on: May 29, 2010, 12:23:36 AM »

WRECK....

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1132 on: May 29, 2010, 12:26:57 AM »

WRECK....
Evening!

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1133 on: May 29, 2010, 12:27:57 AM »

ESPNU...8 STRIKE OUTS....

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1134 on: May 29, 2010, 12:46:09 AM »

wreck and 26 Guests

26 Husky fans and a Cowboy! Touche Wreck!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1135 on: May 29, 2010, 07:58:57 AM »

Good morning Monkeys, and hoping all have safe travel on this three-day weekend. Nobody needs reminding that we are commemorating lives lost in military service, and a special salute to those families.

Unfortunately, I'm sure all of us here forever will associate this particular weekend with Natalee Holloway's disappearance five years ago. Beth and Dave and the rest of the family are in my thoughts.

Below is similar to the flowers the Atlanta monkeys gave to Beth during her Atlanta stop on her book tour, a dozen yellow roses --

I wish I had something profound or at least helpful to offer, but I got nothing. It's just so sad ...

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1136 on: May 29, 2010, 08:34:51 AM »

wreck and 26 Guests

26 Husky fans and a Cowboy! Touche Wreck!
????????????
I was rooting for the Huskys too!!! You were playing OU --- not OSUMonkey Devil! 

Edited to add since this is all O/T:  OSU can be Oklahoma State or Oregon State, OU can be University of Oklahoma or the University of Oregon. 

OSU= Oklahoma State University = COWBOYS
UW=University of Washington = HUSKIES
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 09:20:31 AM by klaasend » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1137 on: May 29, 2010, 09:00:01 AM »

Good morning Monkeys, and hoping all have safe travel on this three-day weekend. Nobody needs reminding that we are commemorating lives lost in military service, and a special salute to those families.

Unfortunately, I'm sure all of us here forever will associate this particular weekend with Natalee Holloway's disappearance five years ago. Beth and Dave and the rest of the family are in my thoughts.

Below is similar to the flowers the Atlanta monkeys gave to Beth during her Atlanta stop on her book tour, a dozen yellow roses --

I wish I had something profound or at least helpful to offer, but I got nothing. It's just so sad ...

It is just so sad msmarple.  Your presence, and determination to stay the course with the rest of us is profound and helpful in that it encourages us all to do the same.  We won't forget, or give up hope that Natalee and her family will get answers and see justice one day.

(((hugs)))

The flowers are beautiful and a wonderful reminder of the gift to Beth!   

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1138 on: May 29, 2010, 09:25:43 AM »

Thank you for those kind and encouraging words, texasmom. Also for bringing us news from Aruba every morning. It really is a scary place. Makes me want to avoid ALL "tourist economy" places.

I miss leslie - I think it was leslie? - who delivered our Aruba newspapers every morning. I miss a lot of other folks too. Ah well.

I just skimmed through all the "active" Natalee threads; I am pretty sure there was one devoted to Beth's book tour, with some pictures. Couldn't find it. It was October 2007 (in Atlanta, anyway - I checked my autographed copy).

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1139 on: May 29, 2010, 10:11:08 AM »

Thank you for those kind and encouraging words, texasmom. Also for bringing us news from Aruba every morning. It really is a scary place. Makes me want to avoid ALL "tourist economy" places.

I miss leslie - I think it was leslie? - who delivered our Aruba newspapers every morning. I miss a lot of other folks too. Ah well.

I just skimmed through all the "active" Natalee threads; I am pretty sure there was one devoted to Beth's book tour, with some pictures. Couldn't find it. It was October 2007 (in Atlanta, anyway - I checked my autographed copy).

Yes msmarple it was Leslie that always dropped off the papers, I miss her too.

There is some of the book signing and photos in this thread:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1177.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.