April 18, 2024, 06:35:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #832 4/22/10 - 6/2/10  (Read 709713 times)
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1140 on: May 29, 2010, 10:30:02 AM »

Thank you klass. This is one of the photos I remembered. She's holding the flowers.

(I think that crazy man from Birmingham was there, too. charlierat?)

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1141 on: May 29, 2010, 12:24:06 PM »

Thank you klass. This is one of the photos I remembered. She's holding the flowers.

(I think that crazy man from Birmingham was there, too. charlierat?)

Yes, CR was there  Monkey Devil!

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1142 on: May 29, 2010, 01:06:52 PM »

Hummmm. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly. Beth isn't wearing the same clothes in the above photos, so I think that's two different signings.

But still, I think CR was at the Atlanta signing. I clearly remember a couple of police cars being outside, and I think CR had hinted he was coming. (I don't remember whether we knew what he looked like then, and probably didn't have photos.)

Doesn't matter. It's just nice to have some good memories, too.

Off on some errands. Take care, everyone!

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1143 on: May 29, 2010, 01:08:32 PM »

Good morning Monkeys, and hoping all have safe travel on this three-day weekend. Nobody needs reminding that we are commemorating lives lost in military service, and a special salute to those families.

Unfortunately, I'm sure all of us here forever will associate this particular weekend with Natalee Holloway's disappearance five years ago. Beth and Dave and the rest of the family are in my thoughts.

Below is similar to the flowers the Atlanta monkeys gave to Beth during her Atlanta stop on her book tour, a dozen yellow roses --

I wish I had something profound or at least helpful to offer, but I got nothing. It's just so sad ...

Just BUMPING this forward, for those who don't read back.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1144 on: May 29, 2010, 01:49:55 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_73179.php

Google translation:

Aruba again in dark by failing boiler

May 29, 2010, 12:07 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article   
Print this article 

Two fire trucks lent assistance WEB yesterday afternoon, where a transformer caught fire.

ORANGE CITY - The nationwide power failure yesterday has again caused by a faulty boiler at the water and electricity WEB. It is the second time in over two months that the boiler island lays flat. Whether the cause of the failure of yesterday linked the former is unknown. WEB was three hours after the plant restart after power was slowly Aruba.

The cause of the blackout on the island in March laid flat is known to WEB, but despite the commitment to make this publicly, is that still not happened. This time it was not number 7 boiler, boiler number 3 but who was absent. According WEB spokesman Kelvin Augustin took the acid in the transformer fire, causing the entire unit went out. In the chain reaction that followed, came to a halt all other boilers. It was a small fire that was quickly extinguished by employees of the company. The firefighters who arrived shortly afterwards, did not have much to do. Then once the fire was extinguished, the damage could be seen. That was it, Augustin said last night. "First, we isolated the boiler from the network. Thereafter, the electricity system restarted. That process takes time, however, because the turbines need time to regain strength to come. "

Power production was about three hours at least quiet. Around eight o'clock the system slowly began to work. The northern districts and Paradera got quite soon flow. Residents from other areas had to wait until late at night.
"In emergency situations, we always give priority to areas with higher priority, such as hospitals, the airport and the hotel sector. Dakota in this case, because the Soul Beach Festival, "explains Robert Henriquez, director of electricity distribution Elmar from.
This morning, as far as this newspaper could tell, are once again current. WEB was not available for a final progress report. Some ATMs and POS terminals in shops did not this morning. Also, the morning newspapers and Solo di Pueblo Awe Mainta edition today not because she spent the night could not print.

No water
from the time of the outage yesterday when the phones were ringing off the hook by WEB and Elmar customers who sought redress. The attendant WEB also needed to answer questions from customers in the region Paradera, around the same time of the outage, no more water came from the tap. "No, that had nothing to do with the blackout. At restaurant Pacifico was a pipe burst. Hence there was no water there for some time. "
meanwhile was busy on the road. People rushed into their cars at stations that were open due to emergency generators. As long queues formed. "It was a craziness," says the manager of the Valero station at Pontoon, Lorenzo Arends, this morning at this newspaper. He was annoyed at the "rudeness" of some customers. "Constantly, there were people who wanted to penetrate. It is a pity, you see that Aruba is changing. Previously, people were much calmer. "

The police sent for additional security officers on the streets. The items received early in the evening because several reports of fights.

Beach Soul
The timing of the blackout came to Aruba more unfortunate because the start of the Soul Beach Festival. The event has a lot of extra tourists to the island brought. Hotels applied immediately to their emergency plan. They they had switched to generators for the most essential facilities to ensure, such as lifts, water pumps and lighting in some rooms. Some hotels also provided flashlights or light bars for guests, especially families with small children.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1145 on: May 29, 2010, 01:51:38 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_73177.php

Google translation:

Debate Valero agreement launched

May 29, 2010, 24:05 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article   
Print this article 

ORANGE CITY - The debate in the States on the so-called settlement agreement with Valero's morning started. The agreement arranges the government all pending litigation regarding unpaid taxes in exchange for more than 200 million florin of the American oil company. Also, tax laws changed so that the refinery example, no longer having to pay BBO export.

That the debate takes place this weekend, with the deadline of the Memorandum of Understanding was signed between both parties. Valero promised to end of this month the salaries of workers in the Aruba refinery by paying in exchange for the agreements. The probability that the company finally closed the refinery earlier, as it already did with other Valero refineries in the U.S. homeland, it was prevented. That at least made Finance Minister Mike de Meza again this morning to the States. It also emphasized the importance of the agreement and thus adhering legislative changes before June 1 were approved by parliament. He continued this morning, even in the presence of his fellow ministers and Benny Sevinger Otmar Oduber, why the Aruba refinery needs. It would be 12 percent of national income does not care if the refinery is opened, a loss of some 600 million florin for our economy. Additionally, Aruba again start importing its own oil and that means 15-20000000 Florin additional spending. Also, the government feared that the highly qualified, specialized refinery personnel going abroad. The Meza: "We have to show our good will by us to keep the deadline."

The largest opposition party MEP is, moreover, that the settlement agreement was in reality a donation of 48 million or 76 million florin Florin (as the figures of the tax held) to Valero. In a press release said former Finance Minister Nilo Swaen (MEP), moreover, that the president should know that Valero has already decided the refinery not to reopen. "With this settlement agreement in his pocket is a better bargaining position Valero received, in addition to donations, more money for the refinery to get to a possible sale."

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1146 on: May 29, 2010, 01:53:46 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_73174.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

New arrests Aruba Crime Prevention

May 29, 2010, 12:02 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - New arrests made in connection with the violent attack on security & Crime Prevention Security Aruba (ASCP) last year. It was then nearly one million florin captured.

Last Monday was a female suspect arrested with the initials LG. The day before yesterday was the turn to the male suspect EET, a former employee of ASCP. T. would be employees of ASCP been operations manager of the security firm. Today he was brought. In April, all four arrests. TG, SS, WL and JB were arrested. JB worked for the Visibility Team and one of those arrested was found a quantity of money. This quartet is still down. The recent arrests bring the total of six suspects in the case of the violent attack on November 30 last year took place on a money wagon of ASCP. Nine tons was considered captured, which is known for only a portion is regained. The charges against the six suspects vary, of robbery, the possession of a firearm and money laundering.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1147 on: May 29, 2010, 01:56:47 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_73134.php

Google translation:

Happy Box wants new start

May 28, 2010, 13:05 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article   
Print this article 

Employees in a Box Fruit & Veggy confront manager Sergio Faro after his press conference. Their salary would be paid and they wonder how it could be that the company has new employees while they are still in service.

ORANGE CITY - The Happy Box company, the product in a Box Fruit & Veggy to sell, to the reorganization. This manager said Sergio Faro yesterday at a press conference. New employees and a new location Shiribana.

In April, May and June 6th is half load fruit from Guyana distributed to over 1600 customers. "The breakdown occurs this time, however incrementally. 250 customers at a time not so long people have to wait in the sun on their boxes, "says Faro. The content packages are also smaller. Initially the second shipment in mid-May are delivered, but the company managed here to "logistical reasons" not.

Faro also gave to the press conference that his company was not registered in the commercial register of the Chamber of Commerce (CoC). Faro indicates that the registration was paid. "But the fact remains that we were not allowed to operate as NV."
Chambers did report earlier this month against the company because they acted without being registered in the commercial. The company came into disrepute last month when a former employee alleged that there was no money for fruits and vegetables to buy. Directors and former employees sought the press to accuse each other of mismanagement and theft. After the press conference were employees recover from Faro. Their salaries would be paid for some time.

Embezzlement
Faro reported during the press conference that he has declared it for misappropriation of funds against a former employee. One would Ricardi Yrausquin 72.000 florin from the coffers of the company have used for their own purposes. This would have happened in a period of fifteen days which was uitlandig Faro. Faro said a number of bills in your hands High Quality Printing, and Bon Dia Aruba Carrental Amigo. Also, during Semana Santa Yrausquin gave a party with money from the coffers of Happy Box, Faro said. According to him the Department of Special Affairs' of the police investigation into the case currently. This opinion by the prosecution after police rejected an earlier declaration. Spokeswoman Angela Ann says of the OM, however, "very unlikely" to find content that Faro opinion of them would have had. "This is a case for the police. If a citizen call us refer to them by their ordinary. "Yrausquin himself denies having stolen money from the company.

Police spokesman John Larmonie denies that there is a declaration against Yrausquin Faro. "I have checked the search and they say that there are a number of people reporting has to do to Faro, but one of them dropped out eventually, and it lacked sufficient evidence for a criminal case." Against them was recommended that a civil case start, thus indicating that Larmonie sometimes happens that people reporting against each other "to bully each other." The return of Luis Luna from Faro, including for threat, is still investigated by the police. Incidentally, Larmonie that the Special Regulations do not deal with cases of embezzlement. "They go on licensing of companies and whether they abide by their example, closing times."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1148 on: May 29, 2010, 02:27:40 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_73200.php

Google translation:

Hague Court ruling Tuesday is the Holiday Case

May 29, 2010, 12:59 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article   
Print this article 

Philipsburg - Court in The Hague makes decision in the case Tuesday against former police chief superintendent Derrick Holiday. He is accused of fraud and forgery. On the same day the central government wants to appoint Peter de Witte as the new commissioner of the Windward Islands.

Holiday with a legal action seeks the appointment of his successor block, officially he is still the chief of police. Justice, the dismissal procedure Holiday apparently put stop here. Holiday in November 2009 had already requested the Court the procedure for finding a sequel to stop, until the Court in The Hague had given his opinion on the matter. Monday, the court in St. Maarten statement about the appointment of new chief of police. Peter de Witte was appointed on 1 June.

Holiday in October 2008 was sentenced to four months' imprisonment and a fine of 10,000 guilders for committing fraud and forgery. On appeal, he received a much harsher sentence, two years probation, 180 hours community service and three years have no function in the police.

Holiday during the trial in The Hague, assisted by lawyer Gerard Spong. He has extensive experience with cases in the Netherlands Antilles. The Court shall decide on Tuesday only the legal issues and does not look at the crimes themselves. The judges decide whether the law has been correctly applied and define the rights of Holiday in this process.

spooky112483
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1149 on: May 29, 2010, 02:58:13 PM »

I hope everyone is having a lovely holiday weekend.
I was just remembering (maybe in Dave's book) where he talks about looking forward to a quiet lazy Memorial weekend and then getting the terriblel news. I never thought we would still be here 5 years later. It breaks my heart to think about the first time Beth and Dave flew to Aruba and how they just KNEW they were going to pick up Natalee and take her home that day. But then the hours just kept going by turning into days, weeks, months. We honered her memory on year one, year two, three, four and now five. One major player has met his maker. 5 years ago it all seemed so simple; so black and white. She got into a car with three boys. They must know what happened to her. They lied and changed their stories. They obviously knew more. It should have been so easy. 5 years and the monkeys are still here for Natalee. Just a few months ago a coworker brought up the case... People still talk about it. News media still covers it. This will never go away until there is justice for Natalee. I know I'll still be here 10 years from now if that's what it takes. And I know ya'll will be too!
Pray for strength for Natalee's family to get them through this weekend. Love you all!

"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
Arubagate2005
Go Lakers!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1150 on: May 29, 2010, 03:42:06 PM »

I hope everyone is having a lovely holiday weekend.
I was just remembering (maybe in Dave's book) where he talks about looking forward to a quiet lazy Memorial weekend and then getting the terriblel news. I never thought we would still be here 5 years later. It breaks my heart to think about the first time Beth and Dave flew to Aruba and how they just KNEW they were going to pick up Natalee and take her home that day. But then the hours just kept going by turning into days, weeks, months. We honered her memory on year one, year two, three, four and now five. One major player has met his maker. 5 years ago it all seemed so simple; so black and white. She got into a car with three boys. They must know what happened to her. They lied and changed their stories. They obviously knew more. It should have been so easy. 5 years and the monkeys are still here for Natalee. Just a few months ago a coworker brought up the case... People still talk about it. News media still covers it. This will never go away until there is justice for Natalee. I know I'll still be here 10 years from now if that's what it takes. And I know ya'll will be too!
Pray for strength for Natalee's family to get them through this weekend. Love you all!

Thank you Spooky.

an angelic monkey

Janet

+++++++

Corruption in Paradise - Dave Holloway

Page 6:
  On Monday, May 30, Natalee's trip came to an end, and she was due to fly home to Alabama.  But late in the afternoon, I received a call from Matt telling me that Natalee had missed her flight and that Beth was getting on a plane to Aruba.

Page 7:  Beth had flown out of Birmingham on a friend's private jet as soon as she learned that Natalee had missed her flight.  I contacted a commerical airline and booked the next flight out for 5:30 a.m. the following morning.

Later that night, Matt called again to tell me that Natalee's flight had been rebooked, and she would be coming home the next day.  Someone from Delta Airlines had confirmed that a female had called and changed the flight.

I cancelled my flight, but I was still concerned because no one had heard from Natalee.

The next morning, I started making more calls.  I could not reach Beth, and I was unable to get a member of the Aruban police force to talk to me on the phone about Natalee.

By noon I learned that Natalee was not getting on the plane.  I found out that it had been a chaperone from Natalee's group who had changed her flight in the hopes that she would reappear.  It was then that I knew something tragic must have happened.  I feared the worst, but prayed for a miracle.  I hung up the phone and broke down .....

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1151 on: May 29, 2010, 04:32:33 PM »

DENNIS JACOBS - MAY 31, 2005

Loving Natalee – Beth Holloway

Page 58:
  Detective Jacobs asks us to come to the police station in Bubali in about an hour to give our official statements.

Page 59:  Jug, Jodi, and I arrive at Bubali at eight o’clock sharp …

Detective Jacobs is sitting behind the counter in a reclining swivel office chair.  As we move toward him, he leans back in his chair.  “We’re ready to give our statements,” we say, anxious to tell him the facts about Natalee’s disappearance we’ve gathered thus far, so that an investigation can get under way.

Page 60:  He pushes one hand and then the other down and across his belly, which is extended by his rearing back.  He says, “I’ll have to eat my frosted flakes first,” and then, running a hand across his jaw, adds, “and get a shave before I can deal with you.”  And with that he gets up from the chair, exits through the little swinging door, and disappears ….

A half hour passes.  Then an hour.  I wish there was an American law enforcement contact here to help us, someone to act as a liaison.    I get up from the plastic chair, go outside, and sit down in the gravel driveway ….

I’m outside about thirty minutes when another officer, police chief Jan van der Straten, comes out to the driveway and tells me bluntly and curtly to get up.  “You can’t sit in the gravel like this.  Come back inside.”

Inside, two more hours pass …

After almost three hours detective Jacobs comes back into the waiting area and tells me he doesn’t need me today.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1152 on: May 29, 2010, 04:38:51 PM »

DENNIS JACOBS - JUNE 1, 2005

Corruption in Paradise - Dave Holloway

Page 7:  Once I was able to regain my composure, I call my brothers, Phil, Steve, and Todd, and my brother-in-law, Michael.  Phil, Michael, and I all tried to book flights out right away but could not get any until the next day.

Page 8:  We left Meridian, Mississippi, on the evening of May 31, 2005.

When I arrived in Aruba with my family, we hit the island running.  We rented a car and immediately headed out to find a police station.  There were only four on the island and I was amazed to find that the first two we entered knew nothing about Natalee's disappearance.  We were then directed to a third one, the Noord Police Station.  I walked in and said, "I'm Dave Holloway, and I need to talk to you about my daughter who is missing."  A man in the back stood up and said, "How much money do you have?"  That is how I first met Detective Dennis Jacobs, the investigator who was assigned to handle Natalee's case after Beth made a report to him upon her arrival on the island.

Page 9:  Jacobs painted a scenario that questioned all of the beliefs and values that we had instilled in Natalee.  He insinuated that she had met someone and fallen in love.  "This happens all the time.  She will probably show up in a few days," he theorized.  "She was just partying hard," he added.  "Don't worry.  Just go down to Carlos 'n Charlie's and have a beer."

It was June 1, 2005, our first evening in Aruba, my daughter was missing and a detective was telling us to go to a local bar and have a beer.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

However, he did warn us to watch our drinks very carefully , adding that sometimes people put drugs into them.  When I talked about search for Natalee, he questioned why we would want to do that.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1153 on: May 29, 2010, 04:55:14 PM »

WE NEVER STOOD A CHANCE

Page 189:
   It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's very, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead. From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.  I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1154 on: May 29, 2010, 04:59:02 PM »

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith

By Beth Holloway

ISBN: 9780061452277; ISBN10: 0061452270; Imprint: HarperOne ; On Sale: 10/2/2007

++++++++

Aruba: The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Holloway and Corruption in Paradise
by Dave Holloway

Publisher: Thomas Nelson Publishers-Business (Mar 15 2006)
ISBN-10: 1595550631
ISBN-13: 978-1595550637

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1155 on: May 29, 2010, 08:13:12 PM »

http://www.coolaruba.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=39

May 22nd

THE LAST PARTY @ SENOR FROG'S ARUBA PIJAMA PARTY 22MEI 2010 / House Mob VS Dirty Caribe Live in the Mix By Santiago

Valentijn far right

I think it could be Valentijn and maybe Olivia Zeolla far left.

These gave me the creeps!   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1156 on: May 29, 2010, 08:42:56 PM »

I know it resembles Valentijn but I really thought he was back in the states at school:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1157 on: May 29, 2010, 08:46:22 PM »

I know it resembles Valentijn but I really thought he was back in the states at school:

He was at Emerson, but I think school's out. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1158 on: May 29, 2010, 08:53:26 PM »

Monkey Devil!  I swear, I see someone that resembles him in so many photos:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1159 on: May 29, 2010, 08:57:17 PM »

http://www.facebook.com

Sebastian van der Sloot

May 1st

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.