April 25, 2024, 09:49:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "America's pocketbook needs a padlock"  (Read 1407 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 14, 2010, 09:58:02 AM »

It was Wall Street in 1929 that triggered the Great Depression. It was again Wall Street that triggered the Great Recession and then it suffered from its "don't regulate me" and "I know the risks I'm taking (with your money)." On Oct. 9, 2008, the Dow Jones Industrial hit its all time high of 14,164.53. Six months later it had dropped to 6,469.95 -- a 54 percent loss -- amounting to a loss of just more than $14 trillion of wealth -- as large as our nation's GDP.

So, this economic mess brings us to President Barack Obama's budget request for fiscal 2011, starting Oct. 1, 2010. He wants a government spending budget of $34,854 for every American family -- a total spending of $3.834 trillion. That number, spelled out, requires it to be followed by 12 zeros. He only is asking each family pay, in taxes, $23,458 -- a total of $2.567 trillion.

All that figures out to be a planned over-spending deficit of $1.267 trillion -- again the number shown must be followed by 12 zeros. Our politicians have lost their mind! President George W. Bush -- under the advice of Vice President Cheney that "deficits do not matter" -- was the biggest deficit spender in our history. But Obama is willing to take that title away from him.

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke testified on Feb. 24 that to maintain a stable balance the deficit should not exceed 2-3 percent of GDP. Obama's proposed budget is 8.9 percent of GDP, an unsustainable number.

This year the Wizard of Oz is 70 years old. Today, if Dorothy met persons with no brain, no heart and no courage, she would not be in Oz -- she would be in Congress.

more here - http://www.lancastereaglegazette.com/article/20100314/OPINION02/3140306/1014/OPINION/America-s-pocketbook-needs-a-padlock

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 10:31:30 AM »

"I am sick and tired of paying taxes to government that wastes my money," said Sarah Crawford, Gilbert resident and chairwoman of Families for Responsible Government.

Hayworth told an appreciative crowd that the self-described tea-party protesters are often misunderstood and portrayed as "angry revolutionaries."

"I think they're frustrated but hopeful," Hayworth said. "It's not a matter of rage. It's a realization that the American dream that we all embraced and want for our kids is fading."

The protest brought together a unique blend of conservative ideologies.

In his speech, former Gilbert Councilman Dave Petersen, who helped organize the rally, blamed the rise of taxes over the last century for a decline in family values. "The more you're taxed, the more is taken from the families," he said. "So the wives and mothers have to go out of the home to earn a living, thus leaving the kids to do their own thing."

More here - http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2010/03/14/20100314politics-protest0314.html

from the comments -

Realistic55 - Mar-14 @ 1:06 AM
Less than 30 years ago in the Valley, the sales tax was 5% and cities were doing just fine. Now, they want to raise it to over 9%. STOP THE MADNESS!!!! Live within your budget.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.