April 18, 2024, 03:13:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's quiet years in N.Y.C.  (Read 21038 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2007, 05:08:08 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

Well, apparently Barack did do drugs.... see the bold above, and he can't date a woman in his youth because she's white???

What a slam in the face this must have been for  his WHITE MOTHER!!!!  for that reason ALONE I question what he is about..I will NOT get into a race thing ...but it sure makes me stop and take pause....

sorry folks these are the comments that trouble me... it speaks of a mindset that I am not sure I agree with.. (the gf comment)

Yes, it takes courage to get clean but why is it so wonderful that Obama did that ... and yet Bush is condemned?  sorry y'all it's the same either way IMO...

As usual it's never FAIR Mrs. Red......

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2007, 05:20:10 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Dihannah1-

Thank you for responding to her diatribe for I was beginning to feel very alone in my concerns regarding it.

Like you, my church isn't about race for we live in a very diverse tech community and it simply would not fly here. We also have a strong hispanic population and indian population. Somehow we have escaped racial divides thusfar and IMO, that's the result of having learned from past mistakes?

Who can make reparations for all? We as women have had significant discrimination and I still don't see boardrooms flinging open wide or equal compensation across the board?

NONE don't feel alone.....what I read sickened me.......and my thought was God HELP all who are not black if he were elcted President

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2007, 07:47:06 PM »

Those rabid rantings were NOT the words of Obama. They are from someone who is claiming to be a member of his church. Write him about the letter, ask him his view.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2007, 08:28:19 PM »

I just emailed Senator Obama at info@barackobama.com (Obama Exploratory Committee) and from his Senate website.

Hello. I am a member of a forum named Scared Monkeys at http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/  . During discussions regarding Senator Obama, the following site was referenced. The content is disturbing. I am interested in Senator Obama's response.

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2007/01/a_response_from.html

Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Response from a self-proclaimed "radical, racist African American woman"
by Fran Eaton
Thought IR [.. etc.]

I received the following automated response from the Obama Exploratory Committee:

Thank you for contacting the Obama Exploratory Committee. We value your
feedback because we know that together we can change America. Thousands
upon thousands of you have emailed comments, suggestions, and questions
-- please keep them coming. We will respond to you as soon as we can
and we apologize for this delay.

We have received many emails asking how you can help. For starters, you
can talk to your neighbors, friends and family. You can forward folks
this email and ask them to sign up and support our effort. But most of
all, you can keep speaking out and standing up for the issues that
matter to you and your family.

http://www.barackobama.com/video/about.php

Thank you for being with us. Together, we're going to make history.

Obama Exploratory Committee Online Team

Should I receive any further correspondence, I will post it here.

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2007, 11:40:26 AM »

Justins, what a simple and sane approach.  I applaud your efforts.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2007, 02:04:48 PM »

A's fever-

this is where I will step in to cut the wheat from the chaffe here, please do not imply I am sane on this forum or any other. No one here has said such to you, not ever.

Perhaps you should spend some time tracking how Obama responded to his supporter Biden, marginal support on Obama's part at best.

he is not a messiah, Obama is a candidate, nothing more and nothing less.

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2007, 02:06:25 PM »

well I meant to say imply I am NOT sane........reading what you wrote after all you protestations about others offending your sensitive sensibilities and then the sane remark......

truly  VERY disappointing

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2007, 03:13:18 PM »

A's fever-

this is where I will step in to cut the wheat from the chaffe here, please do not imply I am sane on this forum or any other. No one here has said such to you, not ever.

Perhaps you should spend some time tracking how Obama responded to his supporter Biden, marginal support on Obama's part at best.

he is not a messiah, Obama is a candidate, nothing more and nothing less.

Nonesuche,

I was speaking to Justins, not you.  I made no such implication about you or any other poster and I am sorry that you took it that way.

I appreciate Justins' approach in going directly to the source.  You are free to approach this issue any way you see fit.  I certainly won't tell you how to spend your time and how to research your politics, so I would appreciate it if you would not lecture me on how to do so.

Who said Obama is a messiah??  As I've posted before, there is a very long time before the next election and there will be much more information disclosed before I will make my choice.  Do not label me as an Obama supporter, or supporter of any one else, at this time, please.

Thank you for the soupbone info.  I hope you have a good day.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2007, 03:20:03 PM »

A's-

I can't see "sane' as an appropriate word to use period, unless you are sensing insane behavior, so I can't swallow that explanation.

I used the word messiah for so many seem to be seeking just that, I think it's misguided in fact I'll go so far as to also say using good judgment along with some deep effort at research and evaluation might just yield some right choices.

I don't tell anyone who to vote for, here or elsewhere. I raise and explore issues and try to ask questions, no more and no less.

I encourage you to bring research to the thread, it appears few seem willing to do so, I have to wonder why.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2007, 03:44:53 PM »

So why was Tylergal so "over the top" when she used "those who" and yet it is OK to imply one poster is being sane, implying another is not?  She didn't address anybody by name, either.

No, what we have is one sided privilege.  Any implication is OK as long as it supports a certain mindset.  Only others are offensive.
And I see a definite pattern, too.

Do as I do, believe as I believe or your are insane?  Gee, one would surely expect more from those who claim the high road and such special sensitivity.  But then that is the same logic behind much of the Bush bashing today so it is not really surprising.

Nothing ever changes, does it?

Just my opinion but I am still entitled to hold one.  Maybe not for long considering what we now have in Congress but at this moment in time, I do still have that right.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2007, 03:47:21 PM »

A's-

I can't see "sane" as an appropriate word to use period, unless you are sensing insane behavior, so I can't swallow that explanation.

I used the word messiah for so many seem to be seeking just that, I think it's misguided in fact I'll go so far as to also say using good judgment along with some deep effort at research and evaluation might just yield some right choices.

I don't tell anyone who to vote for, here or elsewhere. I raise and explore issues and try to ask questions, no more and no less.

I encourage you to bring research to the thread, it appears few seem willing to do so, I have to wonder why.

You seem to be implying that to compliment one diminishes the other, which I do not accept.

Sorry if you find "sane" and "insane" unacceptable on the board.  Perhaps we should make a list of offensive words.  I should have said "sensible", oh wait, that would imply other posters are "insensible".  I could have said "good" post, but then other posters would think I meant their posts are "bad".  Maybe in addition to the list of unacceptable words we should ban posts that compliment other posters, because others might feel bad if their posts aren't complimented.  

Nonesuche,  I know you are referring to previous posts I made calling another poster's comments offensive.  My message that night is just to stay civil, please.  I stand by that.  In an opn forum I think I have a right to say what I think.  I also think you have a right to do so, and so I encourage you to continue to challenge me if you see fit.  I feel your posts here are much ado about nothing, but if you want to call me out, fine, I've no problem with that.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2007, 03:47:40 PM »

A's......I did not take your post as calling anyone insane. And I see nothing inappropriate in your post, either.
No one here has ever suggested that Obama is a messiah. He's just an option, right now. One of many.
We can hold him responsible for his own words, but not someone else's. There's nothing wrong in trying to get some clarification.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2007, 04:07:17 PM »

pdh3 -Thank you.

Anna - Whatever you say.  I'll not engage with you over this.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2007, 05:00:41 PM »

Quote from: "A's Fever"

Thank you. As ridiculously simple as it is, it took awhile for me to realize that this was the approach to take (if I hear back).

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2007, 05:08:28 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Quote from: "A's Fever"

Thank you. As ridiculously simple as it is, it took awhile for me to realize that this was the approach to take (if I hear back).

Yes, I'm curious to see if he will respond.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2007, 09:23:33 AM »

A-s

Without fanfare nor need for attention on my part, I will take my much ado about nothing posts elsewhere.

I would like to see you and some others here actually contribute something, bring a piece of research or even an article to support your positions, but you do not.

I can spend my time in far more effective ways, that is abundantly clear to me now.

Carry on !

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2007, 10:55:40 PM »

A-s

Without fanfare nor need for attention on my part, I will take my much ado about nothing posts elsewhere.

I would like to see you and some others here actually contribute something, bring a piece of research or even an article to support your positions, but you do not.

I can spend my time in far more effective ways, that is abundantly clear to me now.

Carry on !

None,

To clarify - "much ado about nothing" referred only to your posts criticizing my post to Justins.  To me, that was clear.  Sorry if you thought otherwise.

As to not contributing anything to the forum, my understanding is that a forum is a place for public discussion - to share ideas.  If people want to research and post, that's wonderful, but is it a requirement here?   It is also my understanding that all monkeys are welcome, no matter how humble their contributions may be.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2007, 11:41:50 PM »

Ok, as I read pass the disagreements here,  one thing stands out to me.

What is Obama's response?  All I see is a generic automated email to join forces with him and his team.  I WANT to know his answer on his racial church or "one person's racial rantings" belonging to his church is?   I completely understand the letter is from a person in his congregation, but what about the churches decrees and his thoughts on this radical racists statements on white peope from HIS church????  What is HE going to do about ending racism by going to a racist church and bring this divided country together!?

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2007, 12:55:23 AM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Ok, as I read pass the disagreements here,  one thing stands out to me.

What is Obama's response?  All I see is a generic automated email to join forces with him and his team.  I WANT to know his answer on his racial church or "one person's racial rantings" belonging to his church is?   I completely understand the letter is from a person in his congregation, but what about the churches decrees and his thoughts on this radical racists statements on white peope from HIS church????  What is HE going to do about ending racism by going to a racist church and bring this divided country together!?

I am still awaiting a response, which if given, will likely take a bit of time. Somehow, I doubt that he sits at a computer in DC reading every email and responding. He has people who look through and do whatever they do.

How about emailing your questions?

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2007, 05:06:01 PM »

Your right, I'm sure it does take time to get through them all.  I am going to send an email to him myself.  I was curious if you had recieved response back.  Please post if/when you do and I will do the same with answers to my specific questions.  Thanks.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.