April 23, 2024, 02:38:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shantina"'Kat" Smiley & 8 yo son Azriel, WA Missing 3/13/10(BODY OF BOY FOUND)  (Read 210428 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2010, 01:17:05 AM »

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2010, 01:17:50 AM »

Azriel Carver Remembered at Memorial as 'a Joy and a Blessing'

Mourners gather at Brinnon Community Church for a memorial service for Azriel Carver on Wednesday. (MEEGAN M. REID | KITSAP SUN)

BRINNON —

Azriel James Carver’s life was cut short, but Brinnon Community Church Pastor Bill Reid told those who came to remember him Wednesday that “a brief life is not an incomplete one.”

Reid said that Azriel “accomplished his mission” by touching lives from Buffalo, where his father Jay Carver lives, to Brinnon, where he often came to stay with his great-grandparents Silas and Dolly Smith.

“This little boy was a joy and a blessing, and we will miss him,” Reid said at Azriel’s memorial service Wednesday. “We’re here today to remember him.”

The 8-year-old and his mother, 29-year-old Shantina Smiley, disappeared in the Olympia area March 13. Their van was found partially submerged in remote Thurston County the next day, and Azriel’s body washed ashore March 18 on Fox Island, near Gig Harbor.

Authorities, who determined he drowned accidentally, still have no idea where his mother is.

“He was a happy-go-lucky boy with a wonderfully bright grin that made everyone who saw him smile in response to the sparkle in his eyes,” reads his obituary, which was printed in a leaflet and distributed at the service.

“He particularly enjoyed playing video and computer games and loved Gramma’s little dog Jasmine and his own little cat, CoCo,” the obituary said.

Reid relayed a tale from a few Sundays ago when Azriel was playing cards with another boy. Horseplay ensued, and the boys argued over the cards. Azriel, Reid said, ultimately gave the boy the cards and patted him on the back.

Azriel’s father, Jay Carver, also spoke at the memorial. He said that since he had been far removed from the boy while living in Buffalo, he was grateful for the local people who “took such good care of him.”

Azriel came to call Robb Simmons “dad” not long after he and Smiley moved into Simmons’ Island Lake home. Simmons and Smiley were engaged.

Simmons recalled a day with the 8-year-old when they went to the sportsman’s show in Seattle, where Azriel caught his two-fish limit in a stocked indoor pond.

Smiley prepared the fish when they got home, Simmons said, but Azriel decided against eating them.

“No, that’s for CoCo,” Azriel said, referring to his cat.

Dolly Smith remembered a recent day when Azriel, with “his eyes that just sparkled,” came to her and asked: “Grandma, can we have some alone time?”

She remembered that not long after he joined Boy Scouts a year and a half ago, he held a car door open for her. “This is what us Scout boys do, they open doors for old grandmas,” she recalled him as saying.

Teachers and staff from the North Kitsap School District also came to Brinnon for the service.

“Azriel’s the kind of kid that makes us love Mondays,” one unidentified teacher said. “That little smile of his got right into our hearts.”

“Azriel was my brother,” said Nicole Simmons, Robb Simmons’ daughter. She remembered a recent day when she was baking in the oven. Azriel followed the scent and asked if he could have some of what she was making.

“Don’t say no, just say yes,” she recalled him saying.

“There’s gonna be no one else like him,” she said.

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/mar/24/azriel-carver-remembered-as-a-joy-and-a-blessing/#ixzz0jXPAogXW

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2010, 01:18:30 AM »

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2010, 01:21:17 AM »

That looks so much better Klaas.  Thanks.  I have went to the help area...to see how to post...but, for some reason I am still not getting a picture.  I kind of made a mess in here tonight 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2010, 02:16:55 AM »

First off, who is Candy supposed to be and who is the person posting this message to her?
2nd, not quite sure what is suspicious about Robb? Everything he said seems reasonable, not connecting the same dots as you. Can you explain why he has your hinky meter on high alert? Am I missing something?

Candy is Shantina's Step-Mother

I would like to know why she is suspicious as well.  I have my reasons and one is because there is no way he can be in Vader-Toledo at the same time.  They are  miles apart from each other.

I think that I see what you are saying here...tell me if I am wrong.  Are you stating that he cannot be in Toldeo-Vader at the same time...or Toldeo-Vader and Olympia at the same time...because if you mean Toldeo-Vader, then I believe that the names of the two close areas are placed together sometimes...meaning a certain area.  I think that I saw that on a map.  I may be wrong about what you are stating...my mind is a bit foggy tonight.

Banana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2010, 03:14:59 AM »

First off, who is Candy supposed to be and who is the person posting this message to her?
2nd, not quite sure what is suspicious about Robb? Everything he said seems reasonable, not connecting the same dots as you. Can you explain why he has your hinky meter on high alert? Am I missing something?

I would like to know why she is suspicious as well.  I have my reasons and one is because there is no way he can be in Vader-Toledo at the same time.  They are  miles apart from each other.

I think that I see what you are saying here...tell me if I am wrong.  Are you stating that he cannot be in Toldeo-Vader at the same time...or Toldeo-Vader and Olympia at the same time...because if you mean Toldeo-Vader, then I believe that the names of the two close areas are placed together sometimes...meaning a certain area.  I think that I saw that on a map.  I may be wrong about what you are stating...my mind is a bit foggy tonight.

No, I meant he could not be in Toledo and Vader at the same time.  If he meant he stopped at the truck/rest stop in between those that would make sense but that is not what he stated in the following link.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7384.msg1098956#msg1098956

I stopped in Toldeo-Vader to make quick repair, when she called me at 6:45 from a phone. She asked me if I could grab her phone, because she had left. I let her know where I was at.

You have to look at how it is said not what we think he meant...does that make sense ?
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2010, 09:53:12 AM »

Just read this post and I wonder why they said this , Does she know something ?

http://truecrimes.50.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=375&t=2263
Candy... Tell what you know about Shantina and Azriel before its to late !!

Can you live with yourself the rest of your life if you don't tell what you know ?

Hasn't there been enough pain already ?

You have to tell the truth no matter what if for no other reason than for Azriel !!

I wonder if this has something to do with the fact that Candy may have known that mom was drinking again?

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2010, 05:49:48 PM »

No, I meant he could not be in Toledo and Vader at the same time.  If he meant he stopped at the truck/rest stop in between those that would make sense but that is not what he stated in the following link.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7384.msg1098956#msg1098956

I stopped in Toldeo-Vader to make quick repair, when she called me at 6:45 from a phone. She asked me if I could grab her phone, because she had left. I let her know where I was at.

You have to look at how it is said not what we think he meant...does that make sense ?

Okay, I do see what you mean.  I have more questions about this but this computer at the school is messing up.  I will ask when I get home.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2010, 06:03:38 PM »

Not sure if this is what he means but there is a road off the freeway that is called Toledo-Vader road.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2010, 06:33:29 PM »

http://www.zillow.com/homes/1400-46th-ave-olympia,-wa_rb/

here is a picture of 46th Ave...last place they were seen alive...Appears to be very close to where the van was found.  I wonder if Shantina met them at the store?  It seems like I read that somewhere.  Hmmm...this is the home of Dennis Williams(wife too, I believe) and his son Taylor Williams apparently lives there as well. 

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2010, 07:00:44 PM »

A little closer

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2010, 07:11:33 PM »

Who is to say she drove the van to that beach? It doesn't make any sense she would end up there, maybe she didn't?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2010, 07:16:12 PM »

What if she called after she landed the vehicle in the lake ?? and that was the accident she was referring to ?
I wonder if the helpful people that allowed her to call her grandfather, actually had seen her get into a vehicle or she just walked off into the night after using there phone ???
Maybe she was walking Out of the area and is not by the vehicle at all ?? Maybe lost in another part of the forrest ?

This was a good point edward, do we know if this is still possible?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2010, 07:20:29 PM »

never mind, I read a post after that which pretty much explained it was not possible. Sorry about that.

That was good thinking Edward. I think what happened is not right in front of everyone and thinking outside of the box may lead to what happened.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2010, 07:50:03 PM »

Can someone please confirm, the van was found in Budd inlet and the boys body was found on Fox Island?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »

I have been thinking for awhile now that she ran into a bad guy.
I do not see the proof of it yet. But I can smell something is not right with this picture.

The boys drowned.. Mom missing.

This is not a suicide or an accident. mo.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2010, 08:40:53 PM »

Can someone please confirm, the van was found in Budd inlet and the boys body was found on Fox Island?

There are several descriptions of the location where the van was found, but there is one that does say "Budd Inlet".

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jAENDoVEXg9_6-EEEzh7GRnemN9wD9EFC7JG0
<snip>
OLYMPIA, Wash. — A woman heading to her stepfather's house was "beyond lost" when she and her 8-year-old son took one wrong turn after another through the backroads of Thurston County and onto a private Puget Sound beach, authorities said Monday.<snip>

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m3d14-Olympia--Desperate-search-for-mother-and-8year-old-son-fiance-believes-could-be-sinister10:30 a.m. - <snip> On Sunday morning her van was spotted in the waters of Dana Passage, which is just north of Olympia. Both doors were open and her wallet was inside but her purse was gone.<snip>

http://www.king5.com/news/Father-of-missing-boy-picks-up-search--88194812.html
<snip>
The mother and son disappeared over the weekend while on their way to Castle Rock. The only clue was their van was found partially submerged in Budd Inlet in Olympia.<snip>

Where Azriel's body was found:

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22881089/detail.html
<snip
PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. -- The body of a child has washed up on the shores of Fox Island in Pierce County, sheriff's deputies said.<snip>

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/88469377.html
<snip>
FOX ISLAND, Wash. - A boy's body has washed up in South Puget Sound, and a Thurston County official said it's possible that a missing 8-year-old boy could have washed ashore there.

The body was found Thursday afternoon on the shore of Fox Island, near the 1040 block of Paiute Road, said Nanette Tatom, spokesperson for the Gig Harbor Fire Department.

Lt. Chris Mealy of the Thurston County sheriff's office said tidal currents could have carried a body from the Budd Inlet area, where 8-year-old Azriel Carver went missing late Saturday, to Fox Island over a period of days.<snip>

"Yes, absolutely," he said, when asked about the possibility.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2010, 08:48:02 PM »

Both doors were open and her wallet was inside but her purse was gone

That water is very cold.. She opened the back door.
She had to be able to walk around to the rear of the vehicle to do so.
It was not that deep.

One neighbor reported that somebody was knocking on his door in the middle of the night but he did not anwer the door.

One of them was out walking around.

Where is the purse ?

This boy was thrown in the water to drown, and not by mom.
jmho
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2010, 08:49:12 PM »

Before the Calvary arrived I wonder what the foot prints in the sand looked like.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2010, 08:59:54 PM »

I know the spokes person said his body could have been carried from where the van was found to the point he was found, but when looking at a map, doesn't that seem like a whole lot of turns?

Her wallet was found in the van but not her purse, that to me is another strange point. Did they ever find the overnight bags? If she, where did they find them? I haven't found anything right off about them, just that they were not found.
why did she leave behind her ID? Was that on purpose or intentional?

I looked at the map of where she stopped at the diner to 46th street near where she used the phone and then to the Zeigle road where the van was found. It just seems unlikely a person would get that lost, right?

Her son said at the diner she hit her head, was he told to say this? Did she coach him to say that because she was drinking? We know she had bought a 1/2 a bottle of wine, we do not know if she drank before that or if she was the one who drank that wine. That 1/2 bottle was found with the van, so did she go there to drink that wine? Was she stopped somewhere else and drank the wine and maybe someone jumped in the van?

I think what I am getting at is, I do not think she was alone that night. Guess I could have just said that, lol.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.