March 28, 2024, 01:16:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shantina"'Kat" Smiley & 8 yo son Azriel, WA Missing 3/13/10(BODY OF BOY FOUND)  (Read 209900 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2010, 12:01:48 PM »

Itaryl Moosee

The guy hiding behind the seat is a common for kidnap/rape these days.. I myself and everyone should drum it into the minds of the people we love to inspect your vehicle before entry because of it..

Any crime in this area involving violence should be noted and because he had he drive towards the area we seek answers in then it is good to post it..

What we would be looking for is a pattern of behavior.

On the garage door... That fellow said her herd it.. maybe he was dreaming.. maybe it was an animal.. maybe the Dogs brought out to sniff were having a bad hair day..
It again is one of those items that gets written on the white board and kept in memory..

The area is VERY populated.. In the dead of night I do believe you can hear a scream..Nobody seems to have.

Just witnesses who see a confused woman, who fails to take the food already purchased at a restaurant, her son indicating his mom was hit in the head. The same mom ends up barrowing somebodies phone to call family with no indication of trouble other then of being lost, and these nice people who lend a phone witness a confused and lost individual, who eventually ends up driving onto a beach in the dark and her vehicle parked backwords to the waters edge with all the doors open, eventually being half submerged in water. The son dead of drowning and the young mother missing..

Did the perp in the rape show any similar behavior ?
Yes.. He HID in a vehicle and WAITED for his victim to arrive then he threatened her, had her DRIVE to an ISOLATED LOCATION where he attacked her. He runs away leaving his victim unharmed and able to give description.
Maybe he took it one step further this time.. Nobody is able to give description..
How would he know this out of the way location ? He a fisherman ? He a resident of the area ? Does he have a small boat ? Who brought the boat if so ? He have an accomplice ?
Where is Shantina now ? Same as her son ?

Where did she first get into the van ?? Was it locked or unlocked ? Is it possible he was laying in wait for this mother ?

You can build a scenario out of almost anything but I wont throw the rapist off the list at this moment because he is the only known criminal noted so far.... How many more are there ?

The area looks very nice and quiet,, I am beside myself for what has happened here.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #221 on: April 09, 2010, 01:06:51 PM »

when she was in the resturant ordering food was her son in the vehicle ?? 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #222 on: April 09, 2010, 01:27:57 PM »

That poor woman who was raped, how scary for her. I saw this once on a tv show when I was younger, a man came from the backseat and put a knife to a womans throat. I always check my car now, just so scary.

Edward I think the son was in the restaurant with her. I think this is where he said his mom hit her head? I could be wrong but I think so.

I had wrote before that maybe SHE didn't drive the van to the beach, maybe someone else did. I still think that could be why this van was found there at that spot.

The last place she stopped was that store right? She doesn't appear to be anxious at that point. If someone jumped in her van, I would think it was after the store stop.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #223 on: April 09, 2010, 01:31:09 PM »

was the boy with her when she purchased the wine ?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #224 on: April 09, 2010, 01:33:20 PM »

I am looking for where a perp would have leverage over her.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2010, 01:46:21 PM »

Paying for and then leaving the food could have been a call for help.. Pay attention..

Stopping to use the phone could have also been a reaching out or a buying time move on her part.

Somebody would have had to have leverage Over Her for any of this to exist and her sone would be the one to protect.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2010, 01:52:17 PM »

"The banging on the door"

What if the perp had chased her down and that was her head hitting the door ?? or even the child.. who ran after mom was attacked and almost got away.

I have sen with my own eyes trained dogs miss the mark while sniffing.. It is not 100 percent.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2010, 01:57:15 PM »

was the boy with her when she purchased the wine ?

Yes it is on video somewhere. I will bump it.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2010, 02:05:49 PM »

Link to the video showing her purchasing the wine:

http://www.kirotv.com/video/22871326/index.html

Screen capture from the video above:

Bump
This is very interesting to watch. At the end of the tape she gets into the van. It seems she unlocks it by a keyless entry. As she drives away you can see when she backs up she turns the wheel in the wrong direction, then pulls forward but I think she hits something, backs up and goes again. Take a look and tell me what you all think
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2010, 02:30:41 PM »

Grabs a bottle of Gallo Wine.

Cheap wine..

Looks like she does unlock the vehicle and the boy jumps in with his water no problem..
It does look like she pulls forward and hits a curb or something then backs up and takes off.

Maybe the perp jumps in the vehicle at the restaurant.

Only half the bottle finished when found.. hmm
DNA in any of that wine ??

So much info and so many witness to these 2 and Nothing.. so far.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: April 09, 2010, 02:40:32 PM »

It is a toss up.. It looks like she fumbles for a key and then realizes she left the vehicle unlocked..

security cams obviously worked very well and if a perp had gotten into the vehicle I would think it would have been seen on cam before they ended up back at the van getting in.

I do hope police reviewed her van from when she got out of the vehicle and observed the whole video of the van while they were inside of the store.

By the way.. Normal police are not investigators.
Traffic cops sent out to investigate is a disaster at times.
I do hope investigators are working this case.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #231 on: April 09, 2010, 03:51:55 PM »

Itaryl, thanks for the link to that story on the rapist.  It's good to keep in mind anything of this nature happening around the same time, cuz there possibly could be a connection. 

Because you are a new monkey, I'll just let you know that yes it's ok to put pics and quote articles here, as well as including the link to where that was found.    

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #232 on: April 09, 2010, 03:55:54 PM »

Body Of Child Washes Up On Shores Of Fox Island

Posted: 2:25 pm PDT March 18,2010
Updated: 2:44 pm PDT March 18,2010

PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. -- The body of a child has washed up on the shores of Fox Island in Pierce County, sheriff's deputies said.

On Saturday, Shantina Smiley, 29, had been driving her 8-year-old son, Azriel Carver, in the van from their home in Silverdale to visit relatives in Castle Rock, where she grew up.

Since then, they have been the subjects of an intense search.

Investigators said Smiley and her son left Silverdale at about 5 p.m. on Saturday and that surveillance video showed the two at a West Olympia mini-mart at 7:50 p.m. She told clerks there that she was lost and video showed her looking at a map of downtown Olympia.

Surveillance video from the store showed Smiley buying a jug of wine with her son by her side. Her finance said Smiley was a recovering alcoholic who had a recent relapse.

Her next known stop was the Martin Way Diner on Fourth Avenue East in Olympia. She stopped there at about 9 p.m., ordered food, but left without taking it. Workers said she appeared to have trouble staying awake and she fell in the parking lot.

Smiley was then traced to a grocery store in Boston Harbor at 9:50 p.m. and then she stopped at the home of Dennis Williams in the 1400 block of 46th Avenue Northeast at about 10 p.m.
Sheriff's investigators said somehow the Dodge Caravan ended up partially submerged in Dana Passage with its doors open. To get there, investigators said, the driver had to take a dead-end road, go down a winding driveway and onto the beach.

On Thursday, authorities said a shoe that washed up on a Puget Sound beach over the weekend probably belonged to Smiley.

It is not known if the child's body is that of the missing boy.
http://www.kirotv.com/news/22881089/detail.html

Bumping the time line, mainly for my use.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #233 on: April 09, 2010, 04:04:57 PM »

So this video was of her buying wine at 7:50? I was thinking it was at 9:50 stop...
So this is the time line?
AT 5 she leaves,
7:50 she buys wine, says she is lost, looks at a map
9:00 at the restaurant, leaves before food is ready, son said she hit her head. She is seen stumbling in the parking lot.
9:50 stopped at another store and bought??
10 stopped at the house to use the phone.
So where was she from 7:50 to 9?

I wonder if she was on anti depressants. You cannot drink while on them. 1/2 of a bottle in 1 hour? That would get me tipsy enough to get lost.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #234 on: April 09, 2010, 04:05:58 PM »

Bump
This is very interesting to watch. At the end of the tape she gets into the van. It seems she unlocks it by a keyless entry. As she drives away you can see when she backs up she turns the wheel in the wrong direction, then pulls forward but I think she hits something, backs up and goes again. Take a look and tell me what you all think

Yep, it looks like she didn't pull far enough back at first and hits the curb.  Weird cuz she hits the curb at the other store as well, when she pulled out and drove around the pump.  Wondering if this was her first trip using the van?  As in the first time she drives the van?  It's like her perception of space needed in driving it is off.  Or something. 

I used to have a Ford Econoline van, verrrrrry long.  First time I tried backing that thing up, my perception was off, I didn't have a clue how much space was needed in backing it up.  Too bad for me that it (1) was not an automatic - had a clutch and (2) was parked near a 5 ft drop.  So when I backed up out of the parking space, the rear end was very near the edge of the dropoff.  I was panicking the nearer to it I got, and guys nearby were laffing.  I finally got so dang pissed that I floored the son-of-a-biatch and screeched forward, laying rubber.    

Just saying that to say .. maybe she was new to driving this van?  Dunno.. but she sure had some probs with figuring out where the nearby curbs were, in her turning. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #235 on: April 09, 2010, 04:13:17 PM »

So this video was of her buying wine at 7:50? I was thinking it was at 9:50 stop...
So this is the time line?
AT 5 she leaves,
7:50 she buys wine, says she is lost, looks at a map
9:00 at the restaurant, leaves before food is ready, son said she hit her head. She is seen stumbling in the parking lot.
9:50 stopped at another store and bought??
10 stopped at the house to use the phone.
So where was she from 7:50 to 9?

I wonder if she was on anti depressants. You cannot drink while on them. 1/2 of a bottle in 1 hour? That would get me tipsy enough to get lost.

In some reports I've read that she left at 4.15p, others have said 4.30p, others say 5p.  I'd like to get one final true report on when she actually left! 

IIRC, it's been reported that she stopped somewhere around 6:45 and called Robb.  Will look again for links for that time frame.  On another forum it's been said that nowhere in the videos we've seen of her and Az at these stops, does she use the phone. 

Sooooo... did she really call Robb?  At all, ever, during the trip?? 

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: April 09, 2010, 04:25:54 PM »

It is all kinda strange..

Why did the store sell her booze if she was drunk.
Why didn't the people at the restaurant call police if she was falling down drunk traveling with a child. ???????????? That is a big one.
What about the people use her phone question if she was drunk ? she should have been slammed by then..
Why didn't the people question her at the store at the harbor ? they sell her something ? what was that .
In that store in the harbor was there surveillance cameras ?? what about that dead end road ? how would she know ? we see the house she would pass by.. the people that own that upper end home never questioned why this person went down there private road to the beach ?

Antidepressants ? did she have a perscription for that ?

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #237 on: April 09, 2010, 04:29:07 PM »

A timeline that folks over at InSessions have done: 

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=365616&page=30

Saturday

4:15 Shantina calls Robb Simmons twice to let him know she is leaving for Castle Rock. Robb asked Shantina to grab his phone charger as his battery is nearly dead (from Robb’s website)

4:30 Robb’s Cub Scout training ends early (originally slated to end at 6:30) He leaves for Castle Rock

5:00 Shantina and Azriel leave Silverdale for Castle Rock to visit Shantina's stepfather

6:45 Shantina calls Robb Simmons to ask him to bring her cell phone, but he tells her he has already left for Castle Rock. Shantina said Azriel was hungry and she had pulled off the freeway, but didn‘t know quite where. Complained of heavy traffic, and gave Robb the address to her stepfathers place in Castle Rock, saying she would be there shortly..At the time of this call he was stopped in Toledo-Vader to make a quick repair (from Robb’s website)

7:40 Robb arrives in Castle Rock at Shantina’s stepfathers house.

7:50 Smiley and Azriel stop at Handy Pantry at 2010 Division Street Northwest in Olympia. Purchased a bottle of wine. Surveillance video shows her rolling the front tires over a curb.

9:00 Smiley and Azriel stop at Martin Way Diner at 2423 4th Avenue East, Olympia. She buys a corndog but does not take it with her. She trips and falls on her knee in the parking lot on the way back to the van.

9:00 Robb and Shantina’s Stepfather start getting worried. Checked with WSP about accedents and drove around the area. Called Shantina’s grandfather in Brinnon on stepfather’s phone, and learned of the earlier phone call from Shantina. Went back to stepfather’s house.

9:45 Surveillance video at shows Shantina stopping at Gull Harbor Mercantile, 4932 Boston Harbor Rd, but the store was closed. There have been reports of her looking in the windows.

10:00 Shows up at Dennis Williams house on 46th Ave NE Olympia to ask for directions and use the phone. Called her Grandfather in Brinnon, WA (which is northeast of Silverdale) and told him she had been in an “accident” Azriel was given pizza by the residents. She appeared sleepy and disoriented, and looked like she’d been crying

10:15 (approx) Surveillance video shows the van passing Gull Harbor Mercantile heading north on Boston Harbor Rd.

11:00 Police believe the van was at the beach at this time.

12 midnight Robb and stepfather travel up I-5 checking rest stops. Returned to Castle rock, to get a couple hours sleep

1:00am Beach area resident hears a knock at garage.

Daybreak- Robb gets a phone charger and heads up I-5 to Olympia and back down to Castle Rock. At this time he is in contact with authorities.

Sunday

10am Van found on beach near the home of Jim Pribbenow, 8345 Zangle Rd, Olympia

~~~~~

I'd like to add that at around 6am on Sunday was high tide.   And that there was little to no moonlight Saturday night/Sunday morning. 

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #238 on: April 09, 2010, 04:34:59 PM »

difference between low and high tide in inches ?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #239 on: April 09, 2010, 04:38:23 PM »

It is all kinda strange..

Why did the store sell her booze if she was drunk.
Why didn't the people at the restaurant call police if she was falling down drunk traveling with a child. ???????????? That is a big one.
What about the people use her phone question if she was drunk ? she should have been slammed by then..
Why didn't the people question her at the store at the harbor ? they sell her something ? what was that .
In that store in the harbor was there surveillance cameras ?? what about that dead end road ? how would she know ? we see the house she would pass by.. the people that own that upper end home never questioned why this person went down there private road to the beach ?

Antidepressants ? did she have a perscription for that ?

I've only read the word 'drunk' on forums etc, not reported that way by the media.  I could have missed it tho.  In the news reports, I've seen them use the word 'disoriented'.  Have you read it reported by anyone at these stops she made that she appeared 'drunk'?  I do remember the waitress at the diner saying something about it, but can't remember what that was.  I didn't get the impression tho that she had appeared falling down drunk.  That she had 'tripped' in the parking lot.  Which could be due to her being disoriented. 

Seems to me that Robb is the one who put out the impression that she could have been drunk.  Why would he do that? 

Wonder why we aren't getting much info from her family/friends?  Seems the most of what we have been hearing has been from Robb.  And I haven't seen much from Robb that has been backed up and confirmed by her family/friends. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.