April 25, 2024, 02:09:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shantina"'Kat" Smiley & 8 yo son Azriel, WA Missing 3/13/10(BODY OF BOY FOUND)  (Read 210466 times)
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #280 on: April 10, 2010, 11:16:56 PM »

@ SuzieQ...not sure myself about the boyfriends guilt...I know that I have posted a lot of different theories that seem possible.  The more that I read about him...the more that I think his odd comments...are just his character.  Like mentioning the camera in the middle of his timeline statement...it seemed odd to add it but that is how he seems to talk consistently (this is just a quick example).  As far as the 2001 court record...I just posted that showing the evidence behind media reports...I hadn't seen it posted yet.  The other posting about the protective order was also to show the actual document behind the reports...but, I had also just asked if anyone knew what year the order was requested...so, showing that I had found it. Oh, and I believe that the first case was possibly a divorce?!

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #281 on: April 10, 2010, 11:20:41 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m4d2-Shantina-Smiley-missing-without-a-trace-A-rough-start-in-life-Slideshow

Disappeared without a trace: Shantina Smiley had rough start in life (Slideshow)
April 2, 2010 - Shantina Smiley and her 8-year old son, Azriel Carver, went missing March 13. Her van was found the next morning stuck in the mud on a deserted beach down a private dirt road. Azriel's body was found twelve miles away on Fox Island, but Shantina remains missing.

Robb Simmons, her fiancé, says she had a rough start in life but that things had gotten much better.

"She's not the type of person who was handed everything," Simmons said. "She's had a rough life. She grew up in a not great household and then married a guy who did bad things to her."

"She thanked me for everything," Simmons said. "I live in a townhouse and to me that's mediocre. To her it was great and she was so appreciative."

Shantina got out of her abusive marriage and later became involved with a guy named Charlie who, too, was abusive. This time the abuse was not only directed at Shantina, it was also directed at her son, Azriel.

To top things off, Simmons said, Jay Carver, Azriel's father, had a crass attitude, never visited his son, and wouldn't help with child support. Carver insisted on a paternity test when Shantina asked for financial support for their son, he said.

In June 2005, when Azriel was only three years old, he suffered "serious physical abuse" at the hands of Shantina's ex-boyfriend who was arrested by the Cowlitz County Sheriff's Department. Due to lack of evidence, he was released and never brought to justice for his horrible acts against Azriel.

(Examiner.com contacted CPS for more details into abuse allegations against Azriel. Click here for more details.)

About a week following the ex-boyfriend's release Simmons said Shantina's mother committed suicide. Whether the two have anything to do with one another is unclear.

"At that point she melted down," Simmons said, "and called her grandparents in Brennan to pick her up from Longview."

Growing up in an unhealthy and unhappy household, coping with the divorce of her parents, marrying and divorcing an abusive husband, coping with an abusive ex-boyfriend who abused her son, and then dealing with the death of her mother by suicide, took her over the edge and she hit bottom.

She, like millions of others around the world, turned to alcohol for comfort.

When things got out of hand and she passed out one day, unable to care for Azriel, she voluntarily turned him over to her grandparents for a couple months while she underwent treatment.

Until the week before she went missing, she had stopped drinking and had not relapsed.

Shantina and Simmons met and fell in love. Simmons asked her to marry him the week before she went missing and they were planning their future together. Simmons said, "I'm still hoping and praying she'll come home."

Detectives say anyone with information on Smiley and her son can call Thurston County Crime Stoppers at 360-493-2222, the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office at 360-786-5500 or 9-1-1.

Comments
CowlitzReader says:
According to the Cowlitz County Coroner's Office, Tammy Brown's death was ruled accidental polypharmaceutical overdose. There wasn't enough evidence to support a finding of suicide. Also, she died in November 2005, while the assault case against the ex-boyfriend was not dismissed until Oct. 16, 2006.
April 4, 3:54 PM

Clio says:
It doesn't take a lot of research online to know that Robb's claim that he asked her to marry him a week before she disappeared is a lie.
April 2, 9:24 AM

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: April 10, 2010, 11:27:00 PM »

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Shantina%20Smiley%20-%20Azriel%20Carver/

I don't believe that I have seen this link posted...this is an album put together of the case...and pictures.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #283 on: April 11, 2010, 01:39:32 AM »

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: April 11, 2010, 01:40:21 AM »

http://www.tdn.com/image_d8da970c-3169-11df-ad83-001cc4c03286.html

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #285 on: April 11, 2010, 02:10:11 AM »

I don't think he did anything to her, but I am thinking maybe something he did caused this her to behave in such an odd manner.

Who is this clio person who commented on Robb asking her to marry him was a lie?
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #286 on: April 11, 2010, 02:29:42 AM »

I don't think he did anything to her, but I am thinking maybe something he did caused this her to behave in such an odd manner.

Who is this clio person who commented on Robb asking her to marry him was a lie?

I'm not sure who that is.  Yes, something was going on with her that evening...I still believe that she intended on something in Olympia...meeting someone or something...that was just odd...her bf may have suspected something...and they were arguing...which made her act bizarre along with whatever else was going on...maybe that is why it is hard to follow Robb...he may not want to come out with the entire truth...if they were fighting then the media would grab that and run...who knows.  She really had shady characters in her past...so who knows what was really going on...I finally found the name of the guy that was accused of abuse toward Azriel...I have the record, myspace page,and facebook page...don't believe that he is related to this...but, he is a lot different than Robb...I just don't know if that info can be posted...?

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #287 on: April 11, 2010, 02:52:55 AM »

strike 3
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #288 on: April 11, 2010, 10:28:41 AM »

I say no strikes.

Stupid mistakes, mixed up with emotion and add in alcohol. IMO.

BTW, Azriel was born 11/28/2001

The order of protection was 2005 against the ex-boyfriend in Castle Rock.
http://www.tdn.com/news/local/article_e5c2c4d0-32bd-11df-88c5-001cc4c002e0.html

The court records include a 2005 case in which Cowlitz County sheriff's deputies arrested a man on suspicion of assaulting Azriel when Smiley lived with her mother and stepfather in Castle Rock.

According to court documents, the man — now 31, who also lived in Castle Rock at the time — was left alone with Azriel on June 27, 2005. While under the man's care, Azriel suffered a broken wrist and multiple bruises on his face and body. The man claimed Azriel fell down, but medical experts determined the injuries were not accidental, according to a sheriff's report.

"My son stayed in the hospital for 2 1/2 days," Smiley wrote on her request for a protection order. "I don't want him to be around my child period."

The order was granted for one year.

The man was charged with second-degree assault of a child. The case was dismissed without prejudice Oct. 17, 2006. ("Without prejudice" means the prosecutor reserves the option of reopening the case.)

And... where do people get that a mans shoe washed up? It belonged to Shantina. You can see it in the surveillance vids.

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #289 on: April 11, 2010, 11:14:12 AM »

I say no strikes.

The court records include a 2005 case in which Cowlitz County sheriff's deputies arrested a man on suspicion of assaulting Azriel when Smiley lived with her mother and stepfather in Castle Rock.

According to court documents, the man — now 31, who also lived in Castle Rock at the time — was left alone with Azriel on June 27, 2005. While under the man's care, Azriel suffered a broken wrist and multiple bruises on his face and body. The man claimed Azriel fell down, but medical experts determined the injuries were not accidental, according to a sheriff's report.

"My son stayed in the hospital for 2 1/2 days," Smiley wrote on her request for a protection order. "I don't want him to be around my child period."

The man was charged with second-degree assault of a child. The case was dismissed without prejudice Oct. 17, 2006. ("Without prejudice" means the prosecutor reserves the option of reopening the case.)

And... where do people get that a mans shoe washed up? It belonged to Shantina. You can see it in the surveillance vids.

The 2001 record that I posted was under Shantina but not clear what that is.  Yes, the 2005 record shows the order of protection.  The shoe...I think that some just haven't seen the information showing that the shoe is Shantina's...I almost posted that pic too...but, didn't bc I thought it had been cleared up...cannot find it right this second.  How sad that justice wasn't served.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #290 on: April 11, 2010, 02:35:44 PM »

I say no strikes.

Thanks Amanda, I agree, stupid mistakes. And thanks for all the work you do on your photobucket site.

2 4 1
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #291 on: April 11, 2010, 03:26:44 PM »

YW, and thanks for the thanks Smile

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #292 on: April 11, 2010, 04:57:45 PM »

Two black leather left shoes were found on the beach, along with some other things.  One shoe size 9 is Shantina's, the other is size 13, is bigger and looks like a man's shoe.  Not a shoe that would fit Az.  He was wearing sneakers.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #293 on: April 11, 2010, 05:29:54 PM »

Wykes you have nanners please. I want to run some stuff by you.
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #294 on: April 11, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »

Wyks, I duuno, but...

I thought the smaller size 13 shoe was Azriels and the larger size 9 shoe was Shantinas.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20000694-504083.html
The items found on the beach included two mismatched leather shoes, a half-full and corked wine bottle, an inhaler and an orange ball, Thurston County sheriff's Lt. Chris Mealy said.
One of the shoes could be a child's shoe, according to Mealy, adding that Smiley purchased a bottle of wine during her travels around Olympia on Saturday night. Sheriff's Sgt. Cheryl Stines told The Olympian that Azriel uses an inhaler.

The fiance of the missing Washington mother Shantina Smiley, who vanished
five days ago with her young son, has told police that articles that
have washed ashore at a pond belong to them.
The search for Smiley and 8-year-old Azriel Carver took an
ominous turn when an area resident found debris along the edge of the
pond where Smiley's partially submerged van was discovered on Sunday.
The find included mismatched leather shoes, an inhaler, an orange ball
and a half empty bottle of wine with the cork in it.
Thurston County Sheriff's Lt. Chris Mealy said that Robb
Simmons, Smiley's fiance, told investigators that Smiley's son had asthma and
used an inhaler. Simmons also identified the smaller of the two shoes
and the orange ball as belonging to Azriel, Mealy said.

^I don't have the source for this one but I'm thinking it was the Olympian or KOMO news.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #295 on: April 11, 2010, 05:48:25 PM »

Two black leather left shoes were found on the beach, along with some other things.  One shoe size 9 is Shantina's, the other is size 13, is bigger and looks like a man's shoe.  Not a shoe that would fit Az.  He was wearing sneakers.

So the shoe sizes are 13 and 9? I was thinking the small shoe was a child's 13 and the larger shoe was a womans size 9. Does that compare to the items on the table? Azriel was 8, a 13 is sort of small for an 8 year old boy. The average shoe size is what maybe a 2-4 or so. My step daughter is about that age and she wears a 13, she has tiny feet for her age. hmmm maybe one of the shoes could have been Robbs? Was she taking the overnight bag for both of them? He was riding a motorcycle. Maybe it had a pair of shoes for him in it? 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #296 on: April 11, 2010, 05:50:33 PM »

http://www.king5.com/news/Father-of-missing-boy-picks-up-search--88194812.html

<object height="288" width="470"><param name="movie" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" value="http://www.king5.com/v/?i=88194812" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="AllowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.king5.com/v/?i=88194812" AllowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" height="288" wmode="transparent" width="470"></embed></object>

Father of missing boy picks up search for Silverdale woman, son

by DREW MIKKELSEN / KING 5 News

Posted on March 17, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Updated today at 8:41 AM

OLYMPIA, Wash.  -- Thurston County deputies have called off the search for a missing Silverdale mother and her young son, but a new person is picking up the effort: the father of the missing boy.

Jay Carver is the father of Azriel, the eight-year-old who's gone missing, and the former boyfriend of the boy's mother, Shantina Smiley. Carver flew in to SeaTac Airport late Tuesday night from New York, and says he will go into the woods around Olympia today, determined to find his boy.

The mother and son disappeared over the weekend while on their way to Castle Rock. The only clue was their van was found partially submerged in Budd Inlet in Olympia.

Carver says he hasn't seen his son in years, but knows he is a good kid.

"We've been actually talking and I was going to actually try and come out and see him this summer but - well, here I am," said Carver.

Carver says he can't begin to guess what led up to Shantina and Azriel's disappearance, but he says he's determined to be the one to solve this mystery. Carver said he planned to rent a car and drive to Olympia, where his former partner and their boy was last seen Saturday night.

"All I know is I want to get into the woods and just find him and I'm going to look for him," said Carver. "I don't know what's going on with the search and everything. I heard it's been called off, but I'm going to go out there and I'm going to find him."

Fiance of missing mom shares more information

Smiley's current boyfriend and fiance said she's an alcoholic who had been under a lot of stress and relapsed last week. But he says she would never endanger the boy.

Detectives said Robb Simmons has started to share a lot more about his relationship with Shantina Smiley, but it hasn't helped them solve the mystery. On Tuesday Simmons revealed she had been under stress lately. He said he's been having health issues and fears he might have cancer. So this past week he suggested they get married.

That's when she started drinking again. But he does not think that played any role in what happened.

"The idea she would stop and drink is not a realistic thing. I do not see her doing that, I don't see herself doing that putting herself at risk, getting in trouble with the law, putting her son at risk," he said.

Detectives say they're trying to learn all they can about Smiley's emotional state and trying to determine if she had any mental or physical health problems Saturday night. She has no history of such problems.

Search efforts in the water and the woods around the beach wrapped up late Tuesday.

Police say Shantina is 5-foot-9, 140 pounds, with dark hair. Simmons says she has numerous tattoos, including one on her neck, and both wrists. She also had a couple of lightning bolts on her back. Azriel is 4-foot-2, 100 pounds, with a blond mohawk.

The search for Shantina and Azriel was called off late Tuesday afternoon and no new searches are planned.

The Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help with any information on Shantina and her son. Contact the Sheriff’s Office at 360-786-5530 or 5500.

Bumping for pic of items found.
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #297 on: April 11, 2010, 05:50:39 PM »

Meant to post the pic...

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #298 on: April 11, 2010, 05:52:16 PM »

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22878227/detail.html

Police: Item On Beach Belongs To Missing Mom

Mealy said the positive identification of the items does not change the direction of their investigation. Thurston County has a boat in the water scouring the shoreline for clues. Investigators also are examining Smiley's bank records and court and public records and talking to people.

Police told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News on Wednesday that a half-empty bottle of wine washed up on the beach near where the van was found. The bottle looked like the one surveillance video showed Smiley buying at a mini-mart the night she and her son disappeared. See full story. It was capped, unbroken and half empty.

Also found on the beach were two mismatched leather shoes, an inhaler that may have belonged to Azriel, a baseball and water bottles.

Oops sorry bumped the wrong pic.
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #299 on: April 11, 2010, 09:58:34 PM »

I did get a confirmation tonight. There is no mans shoe.

The size 9 is a womans.
The size 13 is a boys.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.