April 19, 2024, 03:45:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shantina"'Kat" Smiley & 8 yo son Azriel, WA Missing 3/13/10(BODY OF BOY FOUND)  (Read 210341 times)
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: April 11, 2010, 10:40:46 PM »

has anyone viewed Shantina's myYearbook page and seen the comments on it?  They are ALL (11) from her area...well, Puyallup, Buena, Davenport, and Ashford.  I have not found an exact date yet...only month and date, no year.  But the 11 accounts are open still so it seems that this would have been recent at least the last year or so...This would reinforce my first theory that she was in Olympia for a reason...this could explain Robb's behavior as well...maybe he was suspicious (she had made a trip to Castle Rock the week before, right?  Is that the ONLY place she went?) and headed to Castle Rock to see if she REALLY was going there.  This could explain a nap and a breakfast (brunch)...if he thinks that she is out meeting someone...then he wouldn't be SO concerned that she is REALLY missing...I am not trying to knock her character...by any means...just trying to figure this out.  She did meet Robb online...I wonder what site?  She also became pregnant with Azriel while married to Jerry...though they very well could have been separated...but I do believe that Jay and Shantina met in Hawaii...which seems to be a place where Jerry's family are listed at...so I don't really know that stuff, yet.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2010, 11:07:59 PM »

I did get a confirmation tonight. There is no mans shoe.

The size 9 is a womans.
The size 13 is a boys.

Yea you know that is what I thought, so I looked and  funny I still had a size 1 dress shoe of my sons and also a bottle of water. I compaird the size and it looks about the same. Azriel had tiny little feet, god bless him. I think he was so cute. He had a sweet little round face.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2010, 11:16:01 PM »

I did get a confirmation tonight. There is no mans shoe.

The size 9 is a womans.
The size 13 is a boys.

Yea you know that is what I thought, so I looked and  funny I still had a size 1 dress shoe of my sons and also a bottle of water. I compaird the size and it looks about the same. Azriel had tiny little feet, god bless him. I think he was so cute. He had a sweet little round face.

(Bolded by me)

Azriel was a very cute boy, I agree.   an angelic monkey 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2010, 11:38:58 PM »

Here are some of my questions.

1. why didn't Robb tell her at 4:15 when he spoke to her that he was leaving soon?
2. Where was Robb between 4:30 and 6:45?
3. Why did she get lost when she was pretty close to the freeway?
4. Why didn't she call Robb again while she was lost?
5. Robb starts looking for her at 9, about that same time she arrives at the restaurant and leaves without food, are these two events connected?
6. Why did she buy the wine? Was she upset? What was she upset about?
7. At 10:10 she called the grandfather house and says she is ok, lost and had been in an accident, but ok. Robb stopped looking for her at this time and went back to the step dad's house.
8. At midnight they decide to drive to Olympia and check things out. They would have arrived there by 1. At this same time the woman in the house hears a knock but doesn't go see who it is. Was this Robb? Was this Shantina? Was this Azriel?
9. Robb says they searched for a while, couldn't find anything, stopped at a couple of rest stops and headed back to the house for some sleep. Where in Olympia did he go? Just drove around, up and down streets?
10. The next morning he leaves at the crack of dawn to drive 2.5 hours one way to get a phone charger and to charge his phone. Why didn't he drive back to see if she had gone back to the house? How does he know she didnt' go back to her house? Why didn't he just go buy a phone charger. They do sell them.
11. After charging the phone he heads back to Castle Rock, another 2.5 hours. Why didn't he go to Olympia? This was the last known place she was at? There were already people in Castle Rock that could have updated him. Or why didn't he stay at home, maybe she would come back after being lost all night. Why did he go back and continue to wait with her family?
12. Drives Castlerock, gets the call they found the van, drives back to Olympia. He states he was in constant contact with the police, why did they wait so long to tell him. The call about the van came into LE in the early morning hours.

So these are some of my questions and why I feel something other then what we are being told happened that night. Whether she was upset with him or he was suspicious of her, I don't know. I do know the story does not make sense when you really look at it. This was not a series of stupid mistakes, in my opinion. I think Robb knows what happened that night or has a good idea of what happened and he is not telling the whole truth. Is he protecting his self? Her? I don't know. But something is just not right and I think considering a little boy was found dead, it is fair to look at everything. 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #304 on: April 11, 2010, 11:43:04 PM »

#10 should have read....

Why did he say he went back to his house to get the phone charger? Why was it not for the intention to see if she had turned around and gone home but something happened to her? Did he know she was not going to be there? Why didn't he buy a new phone charger rather then driving a 5 hour round trip?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #305 on: April 12, 2010, 01:16:13 AM »

Wykes you have nanners please. I want to run some stuff by you.

Thanks for the heads up, TG, I rarely go in there. lol

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #306 on: April 12, 2010, 01:18:35 AM »

Wyks, I duuno, but...

I thought the smaller size 13 shoe was Azriels and the larger size 9 shoe was Shantinas.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20000694-504083.html
The items found on the beach included two mismatched leather shoes, a half-full and corked wine bottle, an inhaler and an orange ball, Thurston County sheriff's Lt. Chris Mealy said.
One of the shoes could be a child's shoe, according to Mealy, adding that Smiley purchased a bottle of wine during her travels around Olympia on Saturday night. Sheriff's Sgt. Cheryl Stines told The Olympian that Azriel uses an inhaler.

The fiance of the missing Washington mother Shantina Smiley, who vanished
five days ago with her young son, has told police that articles that
have washed ashore at a pond belong to them.
The search for Smiley and 8-year-old Azriel Carver took an
ominous turn when an area resident found debris along the edge of the
pond where Smiley's partially submerged van was discovered on Sunday.
The find included mismatched leather shoes, an inhaler, an orange ball
and a half empty bottle of wine with the cork in it.
Thurston County Sheriff's Lt. Chris Mealy said that Robb
Simmons, Smiley's fiance, told investigators that Smiley's son had asthma and
used an inhaler. Simmons also identified the smaller of the two shoes
and the orange ball as belonging to Azriel, Mealy said.

^I don't have the source for this one but I'm thinking it was the Olympian or KOMO news.

Not sure where I read it, but that the size 9 shoe was identified as Shantina's.  Will check around to see where I read that at and get back to ya, ok?  Course there's always the possibility that I'm having another senior moment.   Monkey Devil!

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #307 on: April 12, 2010, 01:24:44 AM »

has anyone viewed Shantina's myYearbook page and seen the comments on it?  They are ALL (11) from her area...well, Puyallup, Buena, Davenport, and Ashford.  I have not found an exact date yet...only month and date, no year.  But the 11 accounts are open still so it seems that this would have been recent at least the last year or so...This would reinforce my first theory that she was in Olympia for a reason...this could explain Robb's behavior as well...maybe he was suspicious (she had made a trip to Castle Rock the week before, right?  Is that the ONLY place she went?) and headed to Castle Rock to see if she REALLY was going there.  This could explain a nap and a breakfast (brunch)...if he thinks that she is out meeting someone...then he wouldn't be SO concerned that she is REALLY missing...I am not trying to knock her character...by any means...just trying to figure this out.  She did meet Robb online...I wonder what site?  She also became pregnant with Azriel while married to Jerry...though they very well could have been separated...but I do believe that Jay and Shantina met in Hawaii...which seems to be a place where Jerry's family are listed at...so I don't really know that stuff, yet.

No, haven't seen her yearbook page yet, labubske.  Do you happen to have the link to it? 

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: April 12, 2010, 09:18:47 AM »

No, haven't seen her yearbook page yet, labubske.  Do you happen to have the link to it? 

http://www.myyearbook.com/?mysession=cmVnaXN0cmF0aW9uX3Byb2ZpbGUmdXNlcmlkPTIwODkyMTc0

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: April 12, 2010, 09:24:54 AM »

Great questions Tracygirl...especially pointing out the times of Robb heading to look for her and her bizarre behavior at Martin's...as well as the other possible time connections...also, question of where did he actually go when he went to Olympia...well, I may as well just re-list them because they are all great questions to look at...lol.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: April 12, 2010, 09:46:15 AM »

Shantina Smiley: Update from police; no foul play suspected, Shantina still missing
April 5, 8:55 AMSeattle Headlines ExaminerIsabelle Zehnder

April 5, 2010 - Police believe Shantina Smiley, who, along with her 8-year old son, Azriel Carver, went missing Mar. 13, is most likely in the waters of the Puget Sound, but say they cannot rule out the possibility she could be alive. Her son's body was found five days after they disappeared.

In a phone interview with Chief Criminal Deputy Jim Chamberlain Friday, he told Examiner.com that there are no new leads in the case but that they have continued searching the shorelines for any sign of Shantina. "We just had boats out in the water again searching for any clues," he said.

Chamberlain told Examiner.com that shortly after Shantina and Azriel went missing police received a report from a homeowner on Island View Drive about a mile away from where the van was found. Homeowners told police the night Shantina went missing they heard a pounding on the side of their house. They did not see or hear anyone outside and set their home security alarm.

Chamberlain said when they learned about the pounding noise detectives went to Shantina's home to obtain fresh scent items, as the items they had were sniffed by search dogs numerous times.

The dogs did not hit on any area surrounding the home where the noise had been heard, or the home itself. There was no evidence of footprints, Chamberlain said.

"It was interesting that the items belonging to Shantina and Azriel found on the beach were just below the housing development where this house is located. The items were about 50-60 yards from the house, just down a steep stairway," Chamberlain said.

He found it peculiar, he said, that the items would all be found at the same location on the beach. Chamberlain said he does not believe the items were washed out to sea as originally believed because of the difference in weight and size of the items. He believes it is more likely Shantina and Azriel walked down the beach and that they had the items with them.

"It is unlikely they would all float to that spot," Chamberlain said. "Perhaps they walked down the beach and became trapped by the incoming tide, or they tried climbing the steep stairs and slipped, getting trapped in the water."

"There is no evidence of foul play in this case," Chamberlain said. "Azriel's death still appears to have been accidental and there is no indication Shantina harmed her son or had any intent to harm her son."

There has been some question as to how Robb Simmons, Shantina's fiancé, knew what Shantina was wearing when he created a missing person's flier not long after she went missing. According to Simmons, he, like police, obtained the information from store video.

Shantina was traveling from her Silverdale, Wash. home to Castle Rock. About half way to Castle Rock She stopped in Olympia where she made a series of stops and appeared to be lost.

She was given directions back to the freeway and apparently turned the wrong way and ended up at the end of a private dirt road (Zangle Road NE) and onto the beach where her van got stuck and was found the following day partially submerged in the water.

Press release issued by police on March 15, 2010:

Yesterday at approx. 1100 hrs. a gold dodge mini-van was discovered abandoned on a beach in northeast Thurston County. The Van was last seen in the possession of a 29 yr. old Silverdale woman who was traveling to Castle Rock. The woman is identified as Shantina M. SMILEY, age 29. She was accompanied by her 8 year old son, Azriel J. Carver. They have not been seen since 2200 hrs on Saturday evening near 46th Ave. N.E. and Boston Harbor Rd N.E.

A search and missing person investigation was initiated after the van was found. The investigation indicates that Shantina and her son left Silverdale at approx 1700 hrs. on Saturday to visit a relative in Castle Rock. She can be traced to a West Olympia store at 19:50 hrs, a Martin Way restaurant at 2108 hrs., a Boston Harbor grocery at 21:50 hrs and finally a private residence in the 1400 block of 46th Ave. N.E. off Boston Harbor Rd. at approx 2200 hrs Saturday evening. Shantina was accompanied by only
her son according to the witnesses and various store videos that we have been able to access.

Shantina did ask for directions back to the freeway at the home on 46th Ave. However it appears she turned the wrong way and ended up at the end of Zangle Rd. N.E. where she drove her van down a private road onto the beach where the vehicle got stuck. Shantina and her son have not been seen since. No evidence of foul play was observed in the van.

A search of the bay by boat as well as a door to door canvas of the area was done on Sunday but no new leads have been discovered as to their whereabouts. Detectives and search and rescue personnel will be returning to the area today to investigate further. The Sheriff’s Office is requesting the public’s help with any information on Shantina and her son. Please contact the Sheriff’s Office at 360-786-5530 or 5500 with any information. Photos of Santina, her son, and her Van are attached to this release.

Comments welcome below.
Comments
smkovalinsky says:
Addendum: I have left you more detailed remarks on the Websleuths Forum. SMK
April 6, 7:41 AM

smkovalinsky says:
Thank you for this piece, and for your fine journalism. This interview with Chamberlain now basically negates the sleeping in the van/surprised by high tide theory. It casts more suspicion on the child's drowning, and on Shantina's vanishing. Keep up the fine work!
April 6, 7:18 AM

Clio says:
"There has been some question as to how Robb Simmons, Shantina's fiancé, knew what Shantina was wearing when he created a missing person's flier not long after she went missing. According to Simmons, he, like police, obtained the information from store video."

IF he obtained this information from the video, then I'd like to know why he wasn't able to describe Azriel's clothing.
April 5, 6:46 PM

Don't recall seeing this posted...but, I do recall the steep steps being mentioned.  How did Robb know and WHY couldn't he describe Azriel's?  Maybe there is a good explanation...has anyone seen one?

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #311 on: April 12, 2010, 12:33:54 PM »

quote:
"Perhaps they walked down the beach and became trapped by the incoming tide, or they tried climbing the steep stairs and slipped, getting trapped in the water."

end

I have seen no evidence of crashing waves or undertow in this area "inland water way"  and that is supported by the growth along the water edge and the sand bar is wide and compacted " that is why she was able to drive onto it " meaning that even high tides may leave a person in knee deep water at best on fairly hard surface .. There is a dropoff to deeper water but it is a ways out and a person would have to walk there to find it.
 There is even a set of logs put down as a water line border near the tree line if you look close and that never washes out .. The steepness of the incline along the hillside is not a cliff drop off, like I have along the coast of my home, it is steep but climbable to safety..
The banging on the wall is curious indeed if even true.
 But that is just my opinion as I have never been to the location and I am making that judgment by looking at goggle images and elevations.
The items were put there on purpose.
This whole thing is some form of set up to look like an accident.
 jmho.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: April 12, 2010, 12:47:35 PM »

quote:
"Perhaps they walked down the beach and became trapped by the incoming tide, or they tried climbing the steep stairs and slipped, getting trapped in the water."

end

I have seen no evidence of crashing waves or undertow in this area "inland water way"  and that is supported by the growth along the water edge and the sand bar is wide and compacted " that is why she was able to drive onto it " meaning that even high tides may leave a person in knee deep water at best on fairly hard surface .. There is a dropoff to deeper water but it is a ways out and a person would have to walk there to find it.
 There is even a set of logs put down as a water line border near the tree line if you look close and that never washes out .. The steepness of the incline along the hillside is not a cliff drop off, like I have along the coast of my home, it is steep but climbable to safety..
The banging on the wall is curious indeed if even true.
 But that is just my opinion as I have never been to the location and I am making that judgment by looking at goggle images and elevations.
The items were put there on purpose.
This whole thing is some form of set up to look like an accident.
 jmho.

I know...I keep going back and forth with this case...sometimes I think this...sometimes I think that...just a VERY bizarre case.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: April 12, 2010, 01:16:26 PM »

Snipped
"It was interesting that the items belonging to Shantina and Azriel found on the beach were just below the housing development where this house is located. The items were about 50-60 yards from the house, just down a steep stairway," Chamberlain said.

He found it peculiar, he said, that the items would all be found at the same location on the beach. Chamberlain said he does not believe the items were washed out to sea as originally believed because of the difference in weight and size of the items. He believes it is more likely Shantina and Azriel walked down the beach and that they had the items with them.
"It is unlikely they would all float to that spot," Chamberlain said. "Perhaps they walked down the beach and became trapped by the incoming tide, or they tried climbing the steep stairs and slipped, getting trapped in the water."

So they found a shoe that belonged to each of them, a small orange ball and a baseball belonging to Azriel, his inhaler, bottles of water, a bottle of wine...hmmm  Lets look at what they would have been carrying while walking late at night in sand. If you have ever taken a walk with a tired child you will know it is not easy to get them to hold themselves up much less items. An inhaler, 2 water bottles, an orange ball, a baseball, a bottle of wine. So lets assume Azriel is like my son and will carry things in his pockets, this makes sense since his small hands couldn't possibly carry all of that and it being late would probably not want to carry it.  He could have had the balls and his inhaler in this pocket, and carrying the bottle of water. She would be carrying a bottle of wine and one or two water bottles. so they are walking along the beach and here comes the tide. Some how they each lose a shoe, the orange ball and the baseball and the inhaler all come out of Azriels pockets, each lose what seems to be left shoes as they are swept out to sea. Funny that they are all identifying items of these two people, that was lucky. The wine we saw her buy, their left shoes, Azriels baseball and little orange ball, his inhaler..all within an area of the beach close to where the van was found, close to where the banging happened.. It really does lead you to believe her and Azriel were either in danger or again trying to find their way out. But if her van was stuck in the water and she couldn't get it out and she somehow got to this house to pound on the house, first why didn't she knock on the door or a window, but why didn't she go to the next place or stay on the land? Instead she returns to the steep stair case back down to the beach while walking with her 8 year old son in the darkness of night? Where was she going to go? Back to the van that was stuck? Of if someone was chasing them and they were running for their lives, why were they still carrying all of this stuff? I would think she would drop the wine and the water bottles. Was the wine and water that important that she needed to run holding them?
Lets say she left the van and walked along the beach, saw this staircase, took it and found the house that heard the banging...IF she was looking for a home to ask for help, why didn't she just leave the van and walked back the way she drove in? She would have seen houses there. Another mistake? 
Another scenario? Lets say she took her son on a walk at midnight or close to that, stopped at this spot, each took off their shoes, she drank her wine, he slept on the cold, wet sand, the tide rolls in and Azriel is swept away to sea while his mother watches. She runs up the staircase bangs on the wall because we all know that is how you get a home owners attention? So she bangs on this wall hoping someone would come to her aide, they don't come out fast enough so she runs down the staircase, slips and falls in to the water and she too is swept away to sea. Funny though her and Azriel are swept to sea but their identifying items are not. They are together in one area. How do two people get swept out to sea but their items stay together?

I am sorry but this all sounds like a bad episode of CSI.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #314 on: April 12, 2010, 06:38:13 PM »

I wish someone with knowledge of currents in that area were to post a graph of how the currents move, their speed, and such...

To me, Azriel's body was found too far from the van.

That morning there were searchers looking in the water, on the coast, and on the air. Why wasn't his body spotted?

Not only that it's 12 nautical miles, but what bothers me is that the tide doesn't wash in and out in waves and in a rush, it is a slow process that takes hours. So, according to the theory that he went in the water at Boston Harbor, his body zigzagged through many land masses and islettes to land on Fox Island in a matter of a few days and nobody saw him.

I know it's a vast area. But, it's a well populated area and there were many eyes out there the day the two went missing.

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: April 12, 2010, 07:47:54 PM »

Snipped

So they found a shoe that belonged to each of them, a small orange ball and a baseball belonging to Azriel, his inhaler, bottles of water, a bottle of wine...hmmm  Lets look at what they would have been carrying while walking late at night in sand. If you have ever taken a walk with a tired child you will know it is not easy to get them to hold themselves up much less items. An inhaler, 2 water bottles, an orange ball, a baseball, a bottle of wine. So lets assume Azriel is like my son and will carry things in his pockets, this makes sense since his small hands couldn't possibly carry all of that and it being late would probably not want to carry it.  He could have had the balls and his inhaler in this pocket, and carrying the bottle of water. She would be carrying a bottle of wine and one or two water bottles. so they are walking along the beach and here comes the tide. Some how they each lose a shoe, the orange ball and the baseball and the inhaler all come out of Azriels pockets, each lose what seems to be left shoes as they are swept out to sea. Funny that they are all identifying items of these two people, that was lucky. The wine we saw her buy, their left shoes, Azriels baseball and little orange ball, his inhaler..all within an area of the beach close to where the van was found, close to where the banging happened.. It really does lead you to believe her and Azriel were either in danger or again trying to find their way out. But if her van was stuck in the water and she couldn't get it out and she somehow got to this house to pound on the house, first why didn't she knock on the door or a window, but why didn't she go to the next place or stay on the land? Instead she returns to the steep stair case back down to the beach while walking with her 8 year old son in the darkness of night? Where was she going to go? Back to the van that was stuck? Of if someone was chasing them and they were running for their lives, why were they still carrying all of this stuff? I would think she would drop the wine and the water bottles. Was the wine and water that important that she needed to run holding them?
Lets say she left the van and walked along the beach, saw this staircase, took it and found the house that heard the banging...IF she was looking for a home to ask for help, why didn't she just leave the van and walked back the way she drove in? She would have seen houses there. Another mistake? 
Another scenario? Lets say she took her son on a walk at midnight or close to that, stopped at this spot, each took off their shoes, she drank her wine, he slept on the cold, wet sand, the tide rolls in and Azriel is swept away to sea while his mother watches. She runs up the staircase bangs on the wall because we all know that is how you get a home owners attention? So she bangs on this wall hoping someone would come to her aide, they don't come out fast enough so she runs down the staircase, slips and falls in to the water and she too is swept away to sea. Funny though her and Azriel are swept to sea but their identifying items are not. They are together in one area. How do two people get swept out to sea but their items stay together?

I am sorry but this all sounds like a bad episode of CSI.

My question  where are the other two shoes? Did I miss something....so many cases to keep up with...and to me its odd that both shoes found were the left foot show, what if these things were left on purpose to make it look like an accident..to many questions!!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #316 on: April 12, 2010, 08:12:44 PM »

I wish someone with knowledge of currents in that area were to post a graph of how the currents move, their speed, and such...

That morning there were searchers looking in the water, on the coast, and on the air. Why wasn't his body spotted?

Not only that it's 12 nautical miles, but what bothers me is that the tide doesn't wash in and out in waves and in a rush, it is a slow process that takes hours. So, according to the theory that he went in the water at Boston Harbor, his body zigzagged through many land masses and islettes to land on Fox Island in a matter of a few days and nobody saw him.

I know it's a vast area. But, it's a well populated area and there were many eyes out there the day the two went missing.

I know, it is strange that his body seemingly floated for miles yet no one saw him. Wouldnt a body float? Does it always float? I had thought maybe it was like Lacie Petterson and her husband tied her down. Her body broke free from the restraint and floated to shore. Would this have been possible? Just throwing that out there. The place he was found was not in the open waters, it was an enlet, that just sticks with me.

I really feel there was some kind of foul play, I don't know who and I am not pointing fingers, but the store and the circumstances surrounding this story doesn't hold water in my opinion. I am surprised LE is not looking into this further or maybe they are and I am not aware.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #317 on: April 12, 2010, 08:13:16 PM »

This may help some...I found it when I was looking around...but, I really don't understand it much.

Tides      Washington   Olympia, Budd Inlet

Station Statistics
Latitude:    47°3'36.0"N
Longitude:    122°54'12.0"W
Mean Level (ft):    8.31
Mean Range (ft):    10.48
Spring Range (ft):    14.56
Daily Chart
Current Weather
Olympia, WA (98506)
Updated on 4/12/10 3:54 PM PDT
Weather condition Mostly Cloudy
57°F Feels like: 57°F
UV Index:   2 Low
Wind:   0° calm mph
Humidity:   53%
Pressure:   29.75 in (steady)
Dew Point:   40°F
Visibility:   10.0 mi
Sunrise: 6:29 AM Sunset: 7:56 PM
Weather Moon Trend: Waning Crescent

2010-03-01    Monday    16.3 ft    High    06:01    3.1 ft    Low    12:19    14.7 ft    High    17:57                   
2010-03-02    Tuesday    0.9 ft    Low    00:21    16.4 ft    High    06:32    1.7 ft    Low    13:03    14.4 ft    High    18:55          
2010-03-03    Wednesday    2.7 ft    Low    01:05    16.3 ft    High    07:05    0.5 ft    Low    13:47    14.1 ft    High    19:54          
2010-03-04    Thursday    4.6 ft    Low    01:51    15.9 ft    High    07:41    0.0 ft    Low    14:33    13.5 ft    High    20:57          
2010-03-05    Friday    6.6 ft    Low    02:40    15.1 ft    High    08:18    0.0 ft    Low    15:22    13.0 ft    High    22:07          
2010-03-06    Saturday    8.3 ft    Low    03:35    14.2 ft    High    09:00    0.3 ft    Low    16:15    12.8 ft    High    23:32          
2010-03-07    Sunday    9.5 ft    Low    04:48    13.2 ft    High    09:50    0.9 ft    Low    17:14                   
2010-03-08    Monday    12.8 ft    High    01:15    10.1 ft    Low    06:39    12.1 ft    High    10:53    1.4 ft    Low    18:20          
2010-03-09    Tuesday    13.2 ft    High    02:37    9.5 ft    Low    08:26    11.5 ft    High    12:10    1.5 ft    Low    19:29          
2010-03-10    Wednesday    13.5 ft    High    03:31    8.6 ft    Low    09:28    11.4 ft    High    13:28    1.5 ft    Low    20:31          
2010-03-11    Thursday    13.8 ft    High    04:09    7.7 ft    Low    10:09    11.6 ft    High    14:34    1.5 ft    Low    21:21          
2010-03-12    Friday    13.9 ft    High    04:36    6.8 ft    Low    10:40    11.9 ft    High    15:28    1.7 ft    Low    22:03          
2010-03-13    Saturday    14.1 ft    High    04:54    5.9 ft    Low    11:05    12.3 ft    High    16:13    2.1 ft    Low    22:39          
2010-03-14    Sunday    14.2 ft    High    06:10    4.9 ft    Low    12:27    12.6 ft    High    17:54                   
2010-03-15    Monday    2.6 ft    Low    00:12    14.3 ft    High    06:26    3.9 ft    Low    12:50    12.9 ft    High    18:34          
2010-03-16    Tuesday    3.4 ft    Low    00:45    14.4 ft    High    06:46    2.7 ft    Low    13:17    13.2 ft    High    19:14          
2010-03-17    Wednesday    4.3 ft    Low    01:18    14.6 ft    High    07:09    1.7 ft    Low    13:47    13.4 ft    High    19:56          
2010-03-18    Thursday    5.4 ft    Low    01:53    14.4 ft    High    07:34    0.8 ft    Low    14:20    13.5 ft    High    20:40          
2010-03-19    Friday    6.6 ft    Low    02:30    14.3 ft    High    08:01    0.0 ft    Low    14:58    13.4 ft    High    
21:29          
2010-03-20    Saturday    7.7 ft    Low    03:10    14.1 ft    High    08:31    -0.4 ft    Low    15:41    13.2 ft    High    22:24          
2010-03-21    Sunday    8.8 ft    Low    03:54    13.7 ft    High    09:04    -0.5 ft    Low    16:29    12.9 ft    High    23:30          
2010-03-22    Monday    9.7 ft    Low    04:50    13.2 ft    High    09:46    -0.4 ft    Low    17:25                   
2010-03-23    Tuesday    12.8 ft    High    00:50    10.3 ft    Low    06:07    12.5 ft    High    10:46    -0.1 ft    Low    18:29          
2010-03-24    Wednesday    13.0 ft    High    02:16    10.1 ft    Low    07:46    12.1 ft    High    12:09    -0.1 ft    Low    19:38          
2010-03-25    Thursday    13.5 ft    High    03:20    8.9 ft    Low    09:09    12.0 ft    High    13:37    0.0 ft    Low    20:45          
2010-03-26    Friday    14.1 ft    High    04:03    7.4 ft    Low    10:05    12.4 ft    High    14:57    0.1 ft    Low    21:46          
2010-03-27    Saturday    14.7 ft    High    04:37    5.4 ft    Low    10:50    13.0 ft    High    16:07    0.6 ft    Low    22:40          
2010-03-28    Sunday    15.1 ft    High    05:08    3.4 ft    Low    11:31    13.8 ft    High    17:10    1.5 ft    Low    23:30          
2010-03-29    Monday    15.5 ft    High    05:38    1.4 ft    Low    12:12    14.3 ft    High    18:09                   
2010-03-30    Tuesday    2.8 ft    Low    00:17    15.6 ft    High    06:10    -0.1 ft    Low    12:52    14.7 ft    High    19:05          
2010-03-31    Wednesday    4.3 ft    Low    01:04    15.6 ft    High    06:42    -1.3 ft    Low    13:33    14.8 ft    High    20:00          

Monthly tide predictions table in Olympia, Budd Inlet, Washington.
It is a lot easier to read on the website http://www.ezfshn.com/Tides/USA/Washington/Olympia,%20Budd%20Inlet/March/

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #318 on: April 12, 2010, 08:19:42 PM »

2010-03-13 Saturday 14.1 ft High 04:54 5.9 ft Low 11:05 12.3 ft High 16:13 2.1 ft Low 22:39

I think this is saying that high tide came in at 16:13 what is that 4:13 in the afternoon then low tide came in at 22:39 which is 10:39? So would the tide have been low when she is expected of being there? Not sure if I am reading that correctly. 
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: April 12, 2010, 08:22:56 PM »

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/noaatidepredictions/serveimage?filename=/tmp/etides/images/9446807/13042010/39/9446807_2010-03-19.gif

here is a graph...cannot get it to post so here is the link.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.