April 25, 2024, 06:51:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shantina"'Kat" Smiley & 8 yo son Azriel, WA Missing 3/13/10(BODY OF BOY FOUND)  (Read 210480 times)
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #340 on: April 13, 2010, 01:17:59 PM »

Gull Harbor Mercantile 9:54pm
Street: 4932 Boston Harbor Road Northeast
Olympia, wa 98506-1852

Martin Way Diner 9:08pm
2423 4th Avenue East
Olympia, WA 98506-4820

Dennis Williams home 10:00pm
1435 46th Ave NE
Olympia, WA 98506

Handy Pantry 7:48pm

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/Nationwide-appeal-for-help-in-finding-missing-mom-and-son-87825797.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=0

that is all I am able to finish right now...sorry...gotta go.  I will help when I get home tonight. Smile

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #341 on: April 13, 2010, 02:08:55 PM »

Thanks! Some where in this thread is the address and name of the first diner she was at. I think Wykes posted it. It was right by the freeway. Anyone know where that is? I can't seem to find it. Can you bump it if you find it please?

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #342 on: April 13, 2010, 02:23:59 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/news/22860661/detail.html
Missing Woman's Family 'Really Concerned'
Woman, 8-Year-Old Son Last Spotted In Olympia

POSTED: 6:43 pm PDT March 16,2010
UPDATED: 6:12 am PDT March 17,2010

CASTLE ROCK, Wash. -- The family of a woman whose minivan was found partially submerged in the Puget Sound said her disappearance is "not something that would be in her character."

Shantina Smiley, 29, was driving from Silverdale to her stepfather's house in Castle Rock over the weekend when she and her 8-year-old son, Azriel, got lost, officials said.

The minivan driven by Smiley was found on a private beach Sunday with its doors open. A wallet containing her driver's license, some cash and credit cards was found in the van, but neither she nor her son was anywhere in sight.

Earlier Saturday, surveillance video captured her at a convenience store in Olympia asking for directions. At 10 p.m., Smiley stopped by Dennis Williams' house to ask for directions again.

"She was obviously scared. We gave her directions and let her use our phone to call her grandfather," Williams said.

Smiley told her grandfather she was lost, but doing fine. She hasn't been heard from since.

Thurston County sheriff's deputies said they found no sign of violence or foul play around the minivan. The disappearance is considered suspicious, but investigators said they don't have any suspects or persons of interest.

People who are close to Smiley said is engaged to be married and would never put her son in danger.

"We're all just really worried, really concerned, because this is not something that would be in her character," said Jerry Smiley, the missing woman's ex-husband. "The circumstances I've seen and the timeline I've been reading really makes me wonder."

He said Smiley e-mailed him last week, saying she was going to be in Castle Rock and wanted to stop by

Smiley's fiance, Robb Simmons, waited at the search command post Tuesday.

"I hope she's out here. I hope she finds someone who can help her out. On the darker side, though, you have to wonder, does somebody have her?" Simmons said.

I don't recall seeing this article posted...but, I may have missed it.  It states the name of the man, where Shantina stopped to use phone and ask for directions (Dennis Williams)

It includes a quote from Jerry Smiley (her ex-husband) stating that she had emailed him the week before and sad she wanted to stop by.

And, referring to my earlier post...where I mentioned that Robb seemed disconnected from Azriel when he spoke of him (at times)...this is what I was talking about...quotes like the above.  He is hoping that she is out there, and hoping that someone can help her out...and wondering if someone may have her...this is before Azriel was found...and he doesn't even mention him.  No, that does NOT mean he is guilty...just giving you an idea of where I came up with that thought.

I dont recall reading this. It says Jerry Smiley said she emailed him the week prior saying she wanted to stop by?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #343 on: April 13, 2010, 03:07:05 PM »

Quote:
She was obviously scared.

end

Why was she scared ?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #344 on: April 13, 2010, 03:21:21 PM »

We also need a cast of characters...

Unbelieveable how many people touched this girls life in a very short period of time..

Too have her just go poof is... well it is beyond belief.

Here is the line up :

Robb Simmons (currant boyfriend) He calls himself fiance..   Mr. Alibi   

Jerry Smiley (her ex-husband).. She had emailed him the week before and sad she wanted to stop by.

I would believe This is the Friend..

So she was scared... of which one ?
A possible jealous boyfriend who calls himself fiance ?? 
A EX.. Did he owe her any money ?? She was too long at his home ? ignited the boyfriend ?

Dennis Williams : She Stops at house to ask for directions again. ?? more then once ?
Quote:
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #345 on: April 13, 2010, 03:24:17 PM »

Neither one of these 2 is the actual blood father to this boy correct ?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #346 on: April 13, 2010, 03:25:39 PM »

she stopped at the closed harbor store to look at the clock !!
she was scared of the b/f
jmho
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #347 on: April 13, 2010, 03:30:03 PM »

I input the addresses into google maps and did a route from point A to point B etc...I don't know how to post it though.

So she leaves the handy pantry at 740 which is on the other side of the bay from where she spends most of that evening. She heads back over the bay probably using 4th avenue. I would assume the directions were for her to turn right on East bay dr NE toward the freeway, but this street also has another name plum street so this could have confused her.

Her next known stop was the martin way diner at 9:08. If she had driven straight through this would have taken about 5 or so min. Instead it takes over an 1 1/4 hours. From the Martin way diner she could have easily taken pacific ave to the freeway but from looking at a map she probably turned left rather then right and must have found the original street E Bay Drive but rather then turning left to head for the freeway she turns right and heads way north.

The next time she is seen at the gulf harbor merchantile about 45 or so min later. This should have taken her about 8 min. Funny thing across the stree from this store is Boston Harbor Photography http://bostonharborphoto.com/  Doesn't her and Robb work in that field? Maybe she stopped there? Thought it a coincidence so I mention it. Not sure who owns this business but from the map it looks like a house as well as a business on Boston harbor Road

So her next stop is at the home of Dennis William. From E. Bay Drive she would have had to turn left  on 46th street. She only went a 1/2 mile south when she turned. This seems like it took her only a few minutes. I would assume they would tell her she would have to turn left and go back down boston harbor road which turns into e. bay dr.

This was the last time she was heard from or seen. She had the wine at this point. It was after 10.

The house with the knocking is more north so if she went that direction she would have had to go back to e bay/boston harbor, pass the store she stopped at prior and continued to that area. This would have taken her about 9 min to travel the 4.9 miles. This knock and whether it was her or not was at 1 AM. Her van was found in this area the next morning.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #348 on: April 13, 2010, 03:41:02 PM »

http://www.manta.com/c/mm7ghfr/boston-harbor-photography

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #349 on: April 13, 2010, 07:16:36 PM »

7.50p
Handy Pantry (2010 Division Street NW)
About 69 miles from Silverdale, 1 hour 22 mins

9.00p
Martin Way Diner (2423 4th Avenue E)
About 4 miles from Handy Pantry

9.55p
Mercantile (4932 Boston Harbor Rd NE)
About 5 miles from Martin Way Diner

10.00p
The Williams house (46th Ave NE)
About 1 mile from the Mercantile

10.34p

beach at end of Zangle St

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #350 on: April 13, 2010, 08:21:15 PM »

Wykes so the handy pantry is where she eat and called Robb from? If you put all of these points on a map you can see she was always going in the wrong direction and one point to another takes longer then it should so I wonder if she stopped anywhere else but it is not reported.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #351 on: April 13, 2010, 10:46:31 PM »

http://www.q13fox.com/media/mp3file/2010-03/52768424.mp3

don't know when or if the 9-1-1 call was posted earlier...but here it is again if so.  Listen to him carefully...he said "I'm surprised they didn't come up and ask for help..." and something about it looks like they were trying to harvest from the neighbors pins (or something) can anyone hear it correctly?  He also said that there had been a full tide cycle...

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #352 on: April 13, 2010, 10:53:51 PM »

Also, he states that he is almost certain that they walked out...he gave no indication of the thought that anyone may have been in danger...as far as a drowning...and he had neighbors there with him...seemed to me to be a group like thought.  A good point to is the neighbors all knew which neighbor to call...obviously the one closest to the van...so why didn't they go there for help...if that is who was knocking?  The keys on the dashboard seem to prove that they weren't swept away from the van while trying to get it unstuck...they had time to take the keys from the ignition and place them on the dashboard...so it seems.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #353 on: April 13, 2010, 11:18:10 PM »

Wykes so the handy pantry is where she eat and called Robb from? If you put all of these points on a map you can see she was always going in the wrong direction and one point to another takes longer then it should so I wonder if she stopped anywhere else but it is not reported.

No, she ordered the corn dog at the Martin Way Diner. 

From what Robb said, she supposedly called him at 6:45 and said she was going to stop and get Az something to eat. 

But the first stop that we actually have video of her isn't until 7:50p.  If she did stop at 6:45 and called Robb from some pay phone, no video of her has been in reported doing that. 

At 7:50p, when she did stop at the Handy Pantry, the video doesn't show her using a phone at all. 

In some forums I've read, posters have thought perhaps the clock had already been turned forward early that Saturday night, (it was the night for daylight savings).  That maybe it was actually 6:50p but reflected 7:50p due to the time change.  ??  I dunno about that.  I thought stores changed the clocks at closing or at 1:00 - 2:00 am??  But at any rate, she didn't make a phone call at Handy Pantry. 

And yet.............. sigh.... Robb said that she said she was at Handy Pantry.  There is only ONE in the entire state of Washington, and it's that one.  The one that showed her walking in the store at 7:50p, and not making any phone call. 

Sooooo.. is Robb lying about the 6:45 call?  Did she actually make that call but stopped somewhere else to do it?  Why then would he say she was calling from Handy Pantry if she wasn't?  Did she go there at 6:45p and make a call then come back at 7:50 to buy something??? 

We may never know the truth. 

Sure wish LE would release info re Robbs phone, to confirm or deny that he received the calls from her at the times he claims he did. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #354 on: April 13, 2010, 11:35:11 PM »

TG...

It's true that it took Shantina longer to get everywhere than it ordinarily would take anyone to go.  In fact... from where she lived, getting TO olympia took longer than usual.  Google says it takes about an 1 hour 22 minutes.  (69 miles).  Some reports say that she left Silverdale at around 4:15 or 4:20.  Robb says she called him twice at 4:15 to let him know she was leaving.  But LE says that she left Silverdale at 5:00p.  ???????????  Either way, she should have been in olympia getting off the freeway at the earliest about 5:40, at the latest 6:22.  I can see the 6:45 timeline working for her, but we only have Robb's word for it that she called at that time. 

In the list that I made upthread, I forgot about her going to Safeway, I've added that below.  Dunno the address tho.

7.50p
Handy Pantry (2010 Division Street NW)
About 69 miles from Silverdale, 1 hour 22 mins

8.00p
Safeway

9.00p
Martin Way Diner (2423 4th Avenue E)
About 4 miles from Handy Pantry

9.55p
About 5 miles from Martin Way Diner

10.00p
The Williams house (46th Ave NE)
About 1 mile from the Mercantile

10.34p

beach at end of Zangle St

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #355 on: April 13, 2010, 11:45:07 PM »

http://www.q13fox.com/media/mp3file/2010-03/52768424.mp3

don't know when or if the 9-1-1 call was posted earlier...but here it is again if so.  Listen to him carefully...he said "I'm surprised they didn't come up and ask for help..." and something about it looks like they were trying to harvest from the neighbors pins (or something) can anyone hear it correctly?  He also said that there had been a full tide cycle...

Yeah, the high tide was about 6am that morning, the neighbor who first saw the van, saw it early on, nearly submerged.  By the time this neighbor (closest to the van) saw it, it was partially submerged, so the tide had receded by then. 

The beach in that area are oyster beds, and it's a private beach.  The owners of these homes evidently work a certain area of beach, and don't like it when others trespass, cuz as they said to the media, the oysters get stolen etc.   So on this 911 call, the guy was kinda thinking that someone had come in after the oysters and got stuck, he sounded more mad at the idea of trespassers than anything.  They later told media they were very surprised at what this turned out to be, that never in their wildest dreams had they considered something like that. 

Out here where I live, the equivalent would be the farmer with his shotgun, loaded and aimed.  hehe.   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #356 on: April 13, 2010, 11:49:14 PM »

Also, he states that he is almost certain that they walked out...he gave no indication of the thought that anyone may have been in danger...as far as a drowning...and he had neighbors there with him...seemed to me to be a group like thought.  A good point to is the neighbors all knew which neighbor to call...obviously the one closest to the van...so why didn't they go there for help...if that is who was knocking?  The keys on the dashboard seem to prove that they weren't swept away from the van while trying to get it unstuck...they had time to take the keys from the ignition and place them on the dashboard...so it seems.

Well that's what no one can figure out, why they didn't go to the nearest house for help.  That's one reason I'm thinking she and Az were being chased, that they got out of the van and just ran.  The circling on the sand seems to be too many tire markings for just one van.  IMO. 

I could be watching too much CSI Miama too.   

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #357 on: April 14, 2010, 12:54:05 AM »

We also need a cast of characters...

Unbelieveable how many people touched this girls life in a very short period of time..

Too have her just go poof is... well it is beyond belief.

Here is the line up :

Robb Simmons (currant boyfriend) He calls himself fiance..   Mr. Alibi   

Jerry Smiley (her ex-husband).. She had emailed him the week before and sad she wanted to stop by.

I would believe This is the Friend..

So she was scared... of which one ?
A possible jealous boyfriend who calls himself fiance ?? 
A EX.. Did he owe her any money ?? She was too long at his home ? ignited the boyfriend ?

Dennis Williams : She Stops at house to ask for directions again. ?? more then once ?
Quote:

I believe this is what has happened.. where does Jerry live ?

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #358 on: April 14, 2010, 12:55:03 AM »

http://maps.nationalgeographic.com/maps/map-machine.html#s=b&c=47.11106076554122,%20-122.89389366313887&z=19
Handy Pantry 7:50pm

http://maps.nationalgeographic.com/maps/map-machine.html#s=h&c=47.046047101572064,%20-122.86748683520918&z=19
Martin's Way Diner 9pm

http://maps.nationalgeographic.com/maps/map-machine.html#s=b&c=47.106540300430865,%20-122.88887202747682&z=19
Mercantile--9:55pm and 10:34pm

http://maps.nationalgeographic.com/maps/map-machine.html#s=b&c=47.099428510183756,%20-122.88854438951022&z=15
Williams home 10pm

http://maps.nationalgeographic.com/maps/map-machine.html#s=b&c=47.106540300430865,%20-122.88887202747682&z=19
Mercantile 10:34pm

http://maps.nationalgeographic.com/maps/map-machine.html#s=h&c=47.15125475603739,%20-122.87896881053356&z=15
9-1-1 Call Came From Here 8345 Zangle Rd

http://maps.nationalgeographic.com/maps/map-machine.html#s=b&c=47.158169909142856,%20-122.87331749038385&z=15
Grimmer home (where knocks were heard)

will post more tomorrow

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #359 on: April 14, 2010, 01:06:06 AM »

When I look at the time line I have to ask myself why if she just stopped at the williams home to ask for directions, why did she go back to the store she asked for directions? That series of things is strange.

She goes to this store, asks for directions, leaves and a few minutes later shows up at a house 1/2 mile away asking for directions. Then she leaves that house and goes back to the store.

I have been asking myself all night, what on earth would make a person keep going in the opposite direction and keep asking for directions? In the video you never see her actually look or read the map, the other people are doing it for her. Maybe she didn't understand them correctly when they were telling her? Do they speak clear english?  One thing that dawned on me, do you think maybe she had a reading disability? Do you think maybe she was/is dyslexic?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.