April 23, 2024, 07:14:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shantina"'Kat" Smiley & 8 yo son Azriel, WA Missing 3/13/10(BODY OF BOY FOUND)  (Read 210430 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #960 on: July 11, 2010, 02:30:15 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #961 on: July 11, 2010, 02:31:04 PM »

I have received info that we will now go back to 50 page threads.......

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #962 on: July 11, 2010, 02:34:14 PM »

imo this woman is still alive somewhere......and she knows exactly what happened to her son.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #963 on: July 11, 2010, 03:46:37 PM »

imo this woman is still alive somewhere......and she knows exactly what happened to her son.

Where though and if she is alive is she ok? I wish this case can get some coverage.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #964 on: July 12, 2010, 04:43:17 PM »

I think Shantina is dead as a door nail and the world has missed hitting the nail on the head.
Her poor child .. Truely sad situation.

I myself have only one suspect so far and he is not considered a suspect by LE.
I do not know what can be done when LE has no crime or questions.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #965 on: July 13, 2010, 10:56:59 AM »

Well the Aunt I sent a MySpace message to finally read it a month or more late but did not write back.  I had asked her if she'd rather not talk to me that the Scared Monkey forum has a place dedicated to her niece and trying to find her if she would like to read it and poss. join.  Mods could you please watch out for her? Her name is Mary Wallingford-Ray.  Thanks very much.  I too would love to know why everyone has allowed her to not exist anymore.  LE should be looking into everything esp. why Mr. Boyfriend wanted this shut down so quick.  Too strange for me.  Poor Az, God Bless him.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #966 on: August 03, 2010, 09:28:42 AM »

I've been giving the Kyron Horman's case my undivided attention for the past weeks, because most of the other active cases seemed to have crawled to a standstill.

I still wander if the police in Shantina's case has discreetly played its cards and have been investigating details (i.e. phone calls made, timelines, people she came in contact with) without telling the public.

But, I doubt it.

It appears the case has been filed as "closed", a woman POSSIBLY drunk driving into the water and POSSIBLY causing her son's death and her own.

Don't mind asking the questions, consulting the experts, and using their brains. If evidence is not presented on a silver plater, detailed, cataloged  and spelled for them, they don't care to find it.

There are too many variables to this case, and hopefully someday in the future a new set of investigators will get it and REALLY give it a good shake.

Maybe then there will be justice for Shantina and Azriel.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #967 on: August 06, 2010, 05:39:46 PM »

I wonder what dear old Rob is up to these days?
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #968 on: August 08, 2010, 03:27:45 PM »

My guess is he's trolling the internet and trying to hook up with another woman with issues.  God bless the next woman in his life.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #969 on: August 21, 2010, 01:00:42 PM »

Here we go again .. There is a pattern. mo.

http://www.theolympian.com/2010/08/21/1342656/search-for-girl-becomes-investigation.html#ixzz0xG2RSdb9
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #970 on: August 21, 2010, 09:12:27 PM »

Very sad.     I've started a thread for Kimmie Daily:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8406.msg1214231#msg1214231

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #971 on: August 28, 2010, 07:37:35 AM »

No, tracygirl...I was meaning more of a random kind of thing...don't think he would have known her...just like to research different avenues...and with SO many missing people from Washington...especially that area...it seems that there may be a sk around.  The church at the end of the road does hold AA meetings(don't recall what night though).  This guy is also VERY familiar with the various areas and fish...wildlife...puget sound and so on.  He may have NOTHING to do with it...just throwing something out there.  This guy is very familiar with the areas...possibly even the area where the van was found...he is associated also with the puget sound anglers.  He is familiar with the cub scouts as well.  He takes youngsters fishing to help out.  He set tons of traps for a research project around the area...will find out where...I don't recall at the time.  His facebook page holds two quotes that are used among the AA community...but, anyone can use the quotes.  It is good to defend the other side of anyone that is brought up...you HAVE to look at all aspects...so, it is good for others to do that when someone is bringing up a person. 

IMO this foot seems unrelated to all the others found in the past (most were found in sneakers) see bottom of article...

May not be related to this case, as IMO Shantina is probably still alive, but I'll drop this news here anyway.....just in case.

Updated: Ninth human foot found washed up on West Coast

Tourist makes grim discovery on Washington state beach

August 27, 2010 Comments (3)

A tourist strolling on a beach in Washington state discovered a human foot Friday, the ninth to wash up on the West Coast in the last three years.

The detached right foot — likely belonging to a woman or child, based on the size — washed up on Whidbey Island Friday just before 11:30 a.m., according to Det. Ed Wallace of the Island County Sheriff's office.

The island is located in Puget Sound, 40 kilometres north of Seattle.

The tourist called police, who secured the scene and scoured the beach for other human remains, Wallace said.

None were found, so the bare foot was sent to the Island County Coroner's office for DNA testing and forensic examination early next week.

Based on the level of decomposition, police are estimating the foot has been in the water for less than two months, Wallace said.
**MY NOTE......many times they are off in the time.**

"At this point, it appears there's no trauma to it," Wallace said.

Because of the island's position in the Strait of Georgia, it's not unusual for bodies, torsos, legs and arms to wash ashore, he said.

"This is the first single foot that's shown up."

There was no skin left on the foot, so police can't do a race identification, he said.

Wallace said there are no missing people in his jurisdiction that match the remains, so his office will contact surrounding police departments, including the RCMP.

RCMP spokeswoman Cpl. Annie Linteau said E Division major crime investigators will contact U.S. officials on Monday.

"Obviously it's something we've gained a fair amount of expertise in .... and if we can render assistance to them we will."

She said investigators will compare DNA from the latest foot to forensic samples from people reported missing across the province.

The foot is the ninth to wash up since 2007.

• The first foot was found on Aug. 20, 2007, on Jedediah Island, northeast of Nanaimo. The right, male foot was found in a Campus shoe, size 12, available for sale primarily in India. It was subsequently linked to a depressed man who went missing in early 2007.

• The next one turned up on Gabriola Island six days later on Aug. 26, 2007. It was a right, male foot in a size 12 Reebok shoe. The brand was first produced in 2004 and is no longer for sale.

• The third foot, right and belonging to a male, was found on Feb. 8, 2008, on Valdes Island. It was in a blue and white Nike, size 11. The model was made between February and June 2003.

• The fourth foot was found on May 22, 2008, on Kirkland Island at the mouth of the Fraser River. This time, it was a right female foot in a size 7 New Balance shoe. The model was made beginning in June 1999.

• The fifth foot was found on Westham Island at the mouth of the Fraser River on June 16, 2008. It was a left, male foot and DNA testing has matched it with the foot found on Valdes, but the man's identity is unknown.

• The sixth foot was found Aug. 1, 2008, near Pysht, west of Port Angeles, Wash. A right, male foot, it was found in a size 11 or 12 men's low-rise, dark hiking-type athletic shoe, made by the Everest Shoe Co.

• The seventh foot was found Nov. 11, 2008, on a Fraser River beach in Richmond. A left, female foot, it was matched through DNA testing with the foot found on Kirkland Island, and the woman was identified.

• Then on Oct. 29, 2009, a right foot was found inside a white size 8 1/2 Nike running shoe on a beach in Richmond

In the previous cases, foul play was not suspected and police said the feet likely became detached through decomposition.
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Updated+Ninth+human+foot+found+washed+West+Coast/3452455/story.html

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #972 on: August 28, 2010, 11:54:47 AM »

Nut, your article, thank you by the way, states "no foul play".  Just how does one lose their foot while out near water for the day?  Usually when a foot not attached to the person who owns it pops up we should consider it to have met with foul play, right?  I may have read that wrong so forgive me.  I just can't believe that Shantina has disappeared without a trace and her son is dead and everyone around there, including family and LE, seems to have wiped her from their memory.  Weird!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #973 on: August 29, 2010, 10:04:44 PM »

Something I read online is that a body can lose limbs at the joint as the body is swept along by the current, and comes up against obstacles and such.  Plus, as the body loses tissue, etc etc.  Hate to think in terms of that.  Yet still one explanation of how a foot can wash ashore somewhere.  Sigh. 

With no tissue on this foot, am wondering if forensics can take DNA from the bones?   

Am guessing that if LE can gain some DNA from this foot in that way, they can check this against any woman/child who has gone missing in the Washington area? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #974 on: August 29, 2010, 10:08:39 PM »

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #975 on: August 29, 2010, 10:54:52 PM »

Maybe a new girlfriend. A trip up the coast to get rid of evidence?

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #976 on: August 30, 2010, 12:11:12 PM »

Feet and other body parts can become detached through decomposition.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #977 on: August 30, 2010, 09:33:03 PM »

Oh gosh I just read this on Kyrons thread. This could be Shantina..Hopefully the DNA testing will be done fast and answers may be forthcoming.

Prayers for you Shantina. I have not forgotten about you.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #978 on: August 30, 2010, 09:36:42 PM »

Ok missed the part about this being the 9th foot, What? What other body parts have been found in this area or is it just feet?
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #979 on: September 02, 2010, 11:36:18 PM »

I had read of the feet being found along the Puget sound, a few years ago.

I think it started in 2007, not sure.

Someone posted the link to the article and pasted some above.

I read joints become disconnected during decomposition, but one has to ask why the right foot?

Explanations vary, but most seem to be victims of drownings, or disappearances. Sounds like a serial killer, to me.

I haven't heard a thing about this latest foot found.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.