April 25, 2024, 10:00:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shantina"'Kat" Smiley & 8 yo son Azriel, WA Missing 3/13/10(BODY OF BOY FOUND)  (Read 210495 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #980 on: September 03, 2010, 08:12:58 AM »

Two Kitsap Cases Among Those That Could be Related to Whidbey Foot
By Chris Henry
Kitsap Sun
Posted September 2, 2010 at 6:26 p.m.

Island County Sheriff’s Office detectives are investigating whether a human foot that was found Aug. 27 on Whidbey Island may have come from the body of one of two dead Kitsap County women.

The Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office has forwarded information on Shantina Smiley, the 29-year-old Silvedale woman who disappeared in March, and Kara Radabah, the 19-year-old Bremerton woman whose decomposed body was found Aug. 1 in Illahee State Park, to the Island County Sheriff’s office, Island County Detective Ed Wallace said.

Officials from four other jurisdictions, including one in British Columbia, have also contacted Wallace.

“I’m getting phone calls from everybody,” he said Thursday.

The foot was found on a beach on the east side of Whidbey Island, near the town of Greenbank. It was intact minus a couple toe bones and, based on its size, appears to have come from a woman or a juvenile, Wallace said. It did not appear to have been severed, but rather was disarticulated or separated during decomposition, he added.

The foot, which did not have a shoe, may also be related to at least seven feet with shoes that have washed up on British Columbia shores over the past four years, Wallace said. His department is in contact with Royal Canadian Mounted Police in British Columbia.

The Whidbey foot has been sent to a DNA testing lab at North Texas State University for analysis, but it may take several months to get the results, Wallace said. The evidence was sent out of state rather than to the Washington State Patrol crime lab, which has an even greater backlog of cases.

Smiley and her 8-year-old son, Azriel Carver, were headed from Silverdale to her stepfather’s house in Castle Rock March 13 when they vanished. The van she was driving, found the next day, was abandoned and partially submerged in water on a remote Puget Sound beach north of Olympia.

Carver’s body was found March 18 on a beach on the south end of Fox Island, near Gig Harbor. The boy’s death was found to be an accidental drowning.

Remains of Kara Radabah, who was last seen by her family on May 13, were found Aug. 1 in Illahee State Park by search and rescue crews. The young woman, who suffered from schizophrenia, told her parents she had not been taking her medications before she disappeared.

Radabah’s body was missing a foot, so her case has been included in those that may be related to the Whidbey foot. There was no reason to suspect she met with foul play, the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office reported shortly after the discovery of Radabah’s body.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/sep/02/two-kitsap-cases-among-those-that-could-be-to/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #981 on: September 03, 2010, 08:14:03 AM »

Who ever locks this post......could you post the above in the new thread please..thanks.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #982 on: September 03, 2010, 08:16:59 AM »

locks 'thread' not post....( it's the drugs Wink )

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #983 on: September 03, 2010, 10:17:11 AM »

I think we'll let this thread go over 50.  I don't suspect their will be much activity in it beyond the 50 page mark.   
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #984 on: December 12, 2010, 03:44:38 PM »

Thinking about Shantina!  Where is she?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #985 on: December 12, 2010, 08:02:11 PM »

Thinking about Shantina!  Where is she?

Seems like no one really cares for her doesn't it?  I guess the monkeys on here gave her more thought than anyone.  I take that back, I'm sure her parents would love for someone to keep looking.  So sad for Az and his Mom!  Praying for them!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #986 on: December 15, 2010, 08:54:24 PM »

O/T or maybe not. I know Azriel has been located, but WTH is going on?

Another disembodied foot washes ashore in Northwest

(Reuters) - Police are trying to determine the origins of a disembodied human foot found washed ashore in Tacoma, Washington, the ninth such discovery reported along the Pacific Northwest coastline in recent years.

The latest one, a decomposed right foot lodged inside a boy's size-6 hiking boot, was found December 5 by people strolling the waterfront in the Tideflats area of the Port of Tacoma, said Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum.

He said Tacoma police are seeking the public's help in identifying the shoe, an Ozark Trail-brand boot sold in Wal-Mart stores in 2004 and 2005.

It marked the second such discovery in four months in the Puget Sound area. In August, a right foot believed to have come from a woman or child turned up on a beach on Whidbey Island, about 70 miles north of Tacoma.

In British Columbia, seven human feet have washed ashore since 2007. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police are aware of the discovery in Tacoma and have been in contact with the Tacoma Police Department to share information, RCMP Corporal Annie Linteau told Reuters.

She said the feet discovered in Canada appeared to have become detached from natural decomposition rather than having been "severed or forcibly removed."

A DNA match from one foot has led to the identification of one person, and Canadian police are working on identifying the others, she said.

Investigators are looking into the possibility that the feet in Canada may have belonged to missing fishermen or victims of a downed plane, Linteau said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6BE6NU20101215

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #987 on: December 16, 2010, 04:13:07 PM »

I asked in another forum (I think)...what type of shoes was Kat wearing. I don't think that was ever published.

We have the foot/shoe story here >
Topic: Human Foot/Boot found 12/5/10 On Tacoma Tideflats WA 
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9139.0

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #988 on: December 16, 2010, 06:19:55 PM »

I asked in another forum (I think)...what type of shoes was Kat wearing. I don't think that was ever published.

We have the foot/shoe story here >
Topic: Human Foot/Boot found 12/5/10 On Tacoma Tideflats WA 
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9139.0

Thanks NUTT. I called myself looking but I guess I missed it.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #989 on: December 16, 2010, 07:27:05 PM »

It was published it was a black laced up oxford type of shoe. I think it was size 9.

Blink commented on the feet being found in the Kyron thread on her blog. She says she has worked on this  and feels it is a serial crime.
Have they identified any of feet that has been found?
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #990 on: December 16, 2010, 08:03:11 PM »

On the other SM thread Nutt posted, she gave another link to another forum that discusses this. It is quite interesting, imo.

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5070&highlight=severed

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #991 on: December 25, 2010, 08:43:12 PM »

Thinking of Shantina and Azriel today. I am holding you up in prayer.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #992 on: December 26, 2010, 06:27:07 AM »

Thanks Tracygirl.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #993 on: December 26, 2010, 11:32:04 PM »

Nutt I was checking in on some of the facebook pages yesterday and I came across a relative of shantina facebook page, on her page she wrote it was the most amazing Christmas ever. I about cried because this Christmas a little boy was not there, he died and his mother is still missing. How can that be an amazing Christmas? It was just so sad.

I don't know what happened that night but it sure seems nobody really cares that much. If the family can lose one of the children and still enjoy Christmas that year, it tells me there was a lot of dysfunction going on.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #994 on: December 27, 2010, 07:36:13 AM »

Nutt I was checking in on some of the facebook pages yesterday and I came across a relative of shantina facebook page, on her page she wrote it was the most amazing Christmas ever. I about cried because this Christmas a little boy was not there, he died and his mother is still missing. How can that be an amazing Christmas? It was just so sad.

I don't know what happened that night but it sure seems nobody really cares that much. If the family can lose one of the children and still enjoy Christmas that year, it tells me there was a lot of dysfunction going on.

Bolded by Me

I agree Tracygirl, it really is sad. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #995 on: December 27, 2010, 10:54:30 AM »

Holy crap.....that is weird...

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #996 on: December 29, 2010, 09:44:32 PM »

Holy crap.....that is weird...

Yep 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #997 on: January 07, 2011, 12:44:02 PM »

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/dec/29/2010-in-review-the-top-10-of-10/
2010 in Review: The Top 10 of '10
December 29, 2010

KITSAP COUNTY — An unusual series of officer-involved shootings, along with the mysterious and ultimately tragic disappearance of four county residents, were the top stories of 2010 in Kitsap.

(snip)
2. Tragic Ends to Missing Persons Cases

Kitsap residents were shocked and saddened by the untimely deaths of three young Kitsap residents and the disappearance of another.
Shantina Smiley and Azriel Carver

Molly Hightower, 22, of South Kitsap, who had just finished college at the University of Portland, was one of thousands killed in a deadly earthquake in Haiti in January. Hightower was working with orphans. She was on the fifth floor of a seven-story building when the quake started on Jan. 12. Family members held out hope that she would be found alive, but on Jan. 14 they received word she had died.

On March 13, Shantina “Kat” Smiley, 29, left with her 8-year-old son Azriel Carver for a drive from Silverdale to Castle Rock. The van she was driving was found empty in Puget Sound north of Olympia. Five days later, Carver’s body washed ashore at the south end of Fox Island. His death was ruled an accidental drowning.

Smiley was never found.

Kara Radabah left her home on May 13 near Illahee State Park. Radabah had been diagnosed with symptoms of schizophrenia, and family members believed she was going through delusions when she left. They saw her twice in the park, but she ran off.

On Aug. 1 search crews went back to the park to search again. Radabah was found dead next to a creek down a steep ravine.

(snip)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #998 on: February 08, 2011, 10:14:37 PM »

Just thinking about this case...still nothing?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #999 on: February 09, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »

Nada!  Isn't this awful?  It's like there isn't a soul on earth but us that care for her!  I don't get it.  I guess BF has moved on with his life now taking pics of a new gal maybe?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.