April 30, 2024, 06:28:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shantina"'Kat" Smiley & 8 yo son Azriel, WA Missing 3/13/10(BODY OF BOY FOUND)  (Read 210733 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 03:23:02 PM »

Edward I watched the video, I see a mom who is talking with her son who is smiling and happy. The mom is buying wine, who knows if she had already being drinking up until that bottle, could have been. I bet drinking again made her feel like crap, maybe despirate even? Maybe out of control and fearful, a failure as a person and mother? 
Was it known if she had any weapons in the car? Did she own a gun? They need to check the near by woods. I don't like the sounds of this one at all, I think I am worried about a suicide.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 04:57:14 PM »

I have no idea..

Happy to see they are searching again.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2010, 05:08:51 PM »

I have no idea..

Happy to see they are searching again.

Me too. I am just concerned on what they will find.  prayers being sent for their safty and well being.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2010, 05:56:59 PM »

Body Of Child Washes Up On Shores Of Fox Island

Posted: 2:25 pm PDT March 18,2010
Updated: 2:44 pm PDT March 18,2010

PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. -- The body of a child has washed up on the shores of Fox Island in Pierce County, sheriff's deputies said.

On Saturday, Shantina Smiley, 29, had been driving her 8-year-old son, Azriel Carver, in the van from their home in Silverdale to visit relatives in Castle Rock, where she grew up.

Since then, they have been the subjects of an intense search.

Investigators said Smiley and her son left Silverdale at about 5 p.m. on Saturday and that surveillance video showed the two at a West Olympia mini-mart at 7:50 p.m. She told clerks there that she was lost and video showed her looking at a map of downtown Olympia.

Surveillance video from the store showed Smiley buying a jug of wine with her son by her side. Her finance said Smiley was a recovering alcoholic who had a recent relapse.

Her next known stop was the Martin Way Diner on Fourth Avenue East in Olympia. She stopped there at about 9 p.m., ordered food, but left without taking it. Workers said she appeared to have trouble staying awake and she fell in the parking lot.

Smiley was then traced to a grocery store in Boston Harbor at 9:50 p.m. and then she stopped at the home of Dennis Williams in the 1400 block of 46th Avenue Northeast at about 10 p.m.

Sheriff's investigators said somehow the Dodge Caravan ended up partially submerged in Dana Passage with its doors open. To get there, investigators said, the driver had to take a dead-end road, go down a winding driveway and onto the beach.

On Thursday, authorities said a shoe that washed up on a Puget Sound beach over the weekend probably belonged to Smiley.

It is not known if the child's body is that of the missing boy.
http://www.kirotv.com/news/22881089/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2010, 06:32:33 PM »

Body Of Child Washes Up On Shores Of Fox Island

Posted: 2:25 pm PDT March 18,2010
Updated: 2:44 pm PDT March 18,2010

PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. -- The body of a child has washed up on the shores of Fox Island in Pierce County, sheriff's deputies said.

On Saturday, Shantina Smiley, 29, had been driving her 8-year-old son, Azriel Carver, in the van from their home in Silverdale to visit relatives in Castle Rock, where she grew up.

Since then, they have been the subjects of an intense search.

Investigators said Smiley and her son left Silverdale at about 5 p.m. on Saturday and that surveillance video showed the two at a West Olympia mini-mart at 7:50 p.m. She told clerks there that she was lost and video showed her looking at a map of downtown Olympia.

Surveillance video from the store showed Smiley buying a jug of wine with her son by her side. Her finance said Smiley was a recovering alcoholic who had a recent relapse.

Her next known stop was the Martin Way Diner on Fourth Avenue East in Olympia. She stopped there at about 9 p.m., ordered food, but left without taking it. Workers said she appeared to have trouble staying awake and she fell in the parking lot.

Smiley was then traced to a grocery store in Boston Harbor at 9:50 p.m. and then she stopped at the home of Dennis Williams in the 1400 block of 46th Avenue Northeast at about 10 p.m.

Sheriff's investigators said somehow the Dodge Caravan ended up partially submerged in Dana Passage with its doors open. To get there, investigators said, the driver had to take a dead-end road, go down a winding driveway and onto the beach.

On Thursday, authorities said a shoe that washed up on a Puget Sound beach over the weekend probably belonged to Smiley.

It is not known if the child's body is that of the missing boy.

OMG
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2010, 06:33:50 PM »

Now they are reporting it appears to be the body of a boy 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2010, 06:36:10 PM »

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/88469377.html

Boy's body washes up on Fox Island beach

by KOMO Staff

Originally printed at http://www.komonews.com/news/local/88469377.html

FOX ISLAND, Wash. - A boy's body has washed up in South Puget Sound, and a Thurston County official said it's possible that a missing 8-year-old boy could have washed ashore there.

The body was found Thursday afternoon on the shore of Fox Island, near the 1040 block of Paiute Road, said Nanette Tatom, spokesperson for the Gig Harbor Fire Department.

Lt. Chris Mealy of the Thurston County sheriff's office said tidal currents could have carried a body from the Budd Inlet area, where 8-year-old Azriel Carver went missing late Saturday, to Fox Island over a period of days.

"Yes, absolutely," he said, when asked about the possibility.

However, Pierce County Sheriff's Office spokesman Ed Troyer cautioned that no positive identification of the body has been made, and that the dead boy appears to be about 10 years old.

Carver vanished Saturday night, along with his mother, Shantina "Kat" Smiley, 29, while on their way to Castle Rock from Silverdale.

Deputies have been searching for the missing pair ever since their minivan was found submerged in a small cove off Bud Inlet near North Olympia, with the doors open.

Dogs also searched the roads and the area surrounding the beach, but were unable to pick up a scent.

Deputies did recover several items that washed up on the beach Tuesday night that belonged to Smiley, including leather shoes, an inhaler and an orange ball. A half-full and corked wine bottle also was found.

The missing boy's father, Jay Carver, was on the scene of the search on Wednesday, hoping for any signs of his son. Carver flew in from Buffalo, N. Y. late Tuesday night in hopes of aiding searchers.

Smiley and her son were headed to her stepfather's home when they disappeared over the weekend.

"It's almost like she vanished out of thin air," said stepsister Chelsie Woodard, 32, of Castle Rock, whose father used to be married to Smiley's mother.

On Wednesday investigators obtained additional surveillance footage from a store in Olympia that captured Smiley looking at a map with the store's clerk at 8:02 p.m. Saturday.

Earlier this week, Smiley's fiance said the woman had a drinking problem and relapsed last week. However, Robb Simmons doesn't believe Kat would do anything to endanger her son.

This is a breaking news story. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2010, 06:39:17 PM »

this story has been very strange from the beggining...

how sad....
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2010, 06:39:25 PM »

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Childs-body-washes-up-on-Fox-Island-88473527.html

Child's body washes up on Fox Island

Credit: KING

by KING5.com Staff

Posted on March 18, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Updated today at 3:18 PM

FOX ISLAND, Wash. – A boy's body has washed up on the shores of Fox Island in Pierce County this afternoon. But, police say it's too soon to know whether it's that of an 8-year-old who disappeared with his mother from Thurston County last weekend.

The body is of a boy who is approximately 10-years-old, says Pierce County Sheriff's Department spokesman Ed Troyer. A shirt was pulled up over the boy's head. It's too early to say how the boy died.

Police have been searching for 8-year-old Azriel Carver and his mother, Shantina "Kat" Smiley, 29, of Silverdale since they disappeared last Saturday. Smiley's minivan was found partially submerged in Budd Inlet on Sunday.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2010, 06:40:14 PM »

Mike G is on the story on CNN HLN

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2010, 06:47:39 PM »

Oh gosh...I am so sad to read this. 
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2010, 06:50:49 PM »

maybe she got so lost and ended up on the beach and if she was intoxicated thought maybe that would be a good place to sleep it off, in the van, and start out to her step fathers again in the morning....
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2010, 07:03:54 PM »

Child's body found during search for WA boy, mom
A child's body washed up on an island in Puget Sound on Thursday, and law enforcement officials say it could be an 8-year-old boy who went missing with his mother last weekend.

By DONNA GORDON BLANKINSHIP

Associated Press Writer

SEATTLE —
A child's body washed up on an island in Puget Sound on Thursday, and law enforcement officials say it could be an 8-year-old boy who went missing with his mother last weekend.

Lt. Chris Mealy of the Thurston County sheriff's office said he got a call from Pierce County officials Thursday afternoon saying they were responding to a report that a child's body washed up on Fox Island, southwest of Tacoma.

The island is about 12 miles north of the remote Olympia beach where Azriel Carver and his mother, 29-year-old Shantina "Kat" Smiley, apparently abandoned a minivan Saturday.

Mealy says it's entirely possible the body is Carver's.

"The Dana Passage goes right up that way," Mealy said, referring to a tidal system between Olympia and Tacoma.

The minivan Smiley was driving was found Sunday, partially submerged with its doors open. A wallet containing her driver's license, some cash and credit cards was found in the van, but neither she nor her son was anywhere in sight.

Two mismatched shoes, a partially full and corked wine bottle, an inhaler and an orange ball have washed ashore since the van was found. Mealy said all the items apparently belonged to the boy or his mother.

People in boats, planes and on foot, as well as divers, have been searching the Boston Harbor area for the pair since Sunday.

Mealy said if the woman and her son went into the water of Puget Sound, they could be anywhere in the region because of the ferocity of the current.

Smiley was heading from her home in Silverdale to her stepfather's house in southwest Washington when she and her son vanished Saturday night. Silverdale is about 16 miles west of Seattle, across Puget Sound.

Besides searching the area, investigators have been looking at phone records and talking to people who know Smiley or her son or may have met her as she drove through the back roads of Washington state Saturday night. Her fiance, Robb Simmons, told authorities she was a recovering alcoholic who relapsed last week.

Mealy said there was no indication that a crime took place inside Smiley's 2005 Dodge Caravan.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011382321_apusmothersonmissing2ndldwritethru.html
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2010, 07:06:22 PM »

The clothing matches Azriel's
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Childs-body-washes-up-on-Fox-Island-88473527.html

Report: 'Strong probability' Fox Is. body is missing boy
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2010, 07:09:28 PM »

This is so sad

Clothing On Body That Washed Ashore Matches Boy's

Posted: 2:25 pm PDT March 18,2010Updated: 3:51 pm PDT March 18,2010

PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. -- The body of a boy has washed up on the shores of Fox Island in Pierce County, and officials say clothing matches that of the 8-year-old who is missing.

Shantina Smiley, 29, and her 8-year-old son, Azriel Carver, have been missing since Saturday.
(snipped)
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2010, 07:11:58 PM »

how sad...I was hoping for a good outcome.  thanks for all of the updates.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2010, 08:17:16 PM »

Sheriff:  positive ID  on Nancy Grace

They took his body out by boat to MEdical Examiner's office

No COD yet

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2010, 08:26:58 PM »

Body that washed ashore on Fox Island is missing boy's
Similar Stories Published: 03/18/10 5:09 pm

The child's body washed ashore on the beach of Fox Island has been identified as the missing 8-year-old boy from Silverdale, according to the Pierce County Sheriff's Office.

“It ended the way we didn’t want it to end, but we’re 99 percent sure it’s him," Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said. "He has the mohawk. He has the clothing. There’s nothing to lead us to believe it’s not him.”

The boy’s father was on the scene and fell to his knees and began to cry when he approached the site where the body was found.

The body has been collected and is on a Tacoma Fire Department boat on its way to the mainland, where it will be taken to the Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office for autopsy.

Investigators also have been looking at surveillance pictures of the 8-year-old boy taken shortly before he went missing Saturday.

The body was found in the 1000 to 1100 block of Paiute Trail, on the southern edge of Fox Island. Investigators initially said the body is that of a boy, approximately 9 to 10 years old.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/03/18/1114992/body-that-washed-ashore-on-fox.html

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2010, 01:03:20 AM »

Poor little boy, he looked so happy in the store with his mom. It amazes me everyday just how much a little boy loves his mama. I pray he is happy in heaven above and playing on the wings of Angels. God rest your soul little guy.

No word yet on the mom?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.