April 30, 2024, 01:23:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shantina"'Kat" Smiley & 8 yo son Azriel, WA Missing 3/13/10(BODY OF BOY FOUND)  (Read 210897 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2010, 08:14:07 PM »

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=301809

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Banana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2010, 02:26:51 AM »

Just read this post and I wonder why they said this , Does she know something ?

http://truecrimes.50.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=375&t=2263
Candy... Tell what you know about Shantina and Azriel before its to late !!

Can you live with yourself the rest of your life if you don't tell what you know ?

Hasn't there been enough pain already ?

You have to tell the truth no matter what if for no other reason than for Azriel !!

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2010, 02:49:23 AM »

Just read this post and I wonder why they said this , Does she know something ?

http://truecrimes.50.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=375&t=2263
Candy... Tell what you know about Shantina and Azriel before its to late !!

Can you live with yourself the rest of your life if you don't tell what you know ?

Hasn't there been enough pain already ?

You have to tell the truth no matter what if for no other reason than for Azriel !!

Sure does sound like Candy knows something...that she is struggling with telling...hmmm...only time will tell.  But, after reading through the information...I DO believe people do know important info...and I have my own assumptions as to who they have the information about!

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2010, 01:36:40 PM »

o/t banana ....love your new avvi!!

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2010, 03:25:44 PM »

Has anyone from the "step family" of Shantina verified that the trip to Castle Rock was planned?  I know that I did read on a post that someone was excited for her to come up...but has it been verified that Shantina was actually going to her step-dad's?  I believe that a possibility of what took place the night that Shantina left could be (partly hypothetical...some based on known evidence, sightings and call to grandparents from the couples house...and what was not discounted by police...example...Robb told police she called twice around 4:15pm...likely he wouldn't say she called when she didn't b/c it can be proven):

Shantina called Robb around 4:15pm...either to say that she is heading out...(though he thinks to step-dad's)...or they are/have been fussing.  They argue...hang up...angry she calls back and says "I'm leaving"...throws phone...and heads out.  This may have been where she calls step-family and says she is heading up...Since, she leaves Silverdale around 5pm...arriving in Olympia around 6:45pm seems reasonable.  With no phone...she had time to think during the ride...and pulls off to call Robb...at this point she does not realize that he has headed to Castle Rock...she may have called to apologize...(I know that I have done that plenty of times after a lengthy time-out)...but, when he lets her know that he has headed to Castle Rock...she gets "nervous"...maybe she didn't tell Robb the entire truth...maybe Robb was aware of something more...so, this seems to be the point that she is showing signs of not wanting to leave Olympia...she isn't sure of what to do next.  So, she is wandering around...nervous.  Maybe she is making calls.  So, others can get their story straight.  Maybe she knows someone in Olympia.  So, she appears "lost" or "searching" for a location around 8pm.  It doesn't seem that Castle Rock is what she was looking for.  But, I am sure that the police asked the store clerk what she was asking for.  So, if she headed to Castle Rock to meet up with an old friend...maybe they were meeting her in Olympia... Maybe in a hidden location so that a searching fiance couldn't run up on her.  On the map did it appear that she was moving closer and closer to the beach?  Well, the end gets a little fuzzy...b/c if she made plans to wait on someone to meet in Olympia it seems that there would have been a confirmed location at a certain time.  Why did she leave Martin's Diner so quickly?  Well, do we know for certain that Robb did not search on his own for her?  Or maybe she THOUGHT she saw him (another man on a motorcycle).  Why did he stop in Toldeo-Vader?  I wonder if this "repair" has been verified?  I don't think that Robb would have said that he had arrived in Castle Rock if he hadn't...but, I wonder if him and the step-dad stayed together the entire time.  It is hard to say if I feel that Robb is directly responsible for whatever happened...a big part of me says no...but, he did seem to be overly giving of information...and has now isolated and is pulling previously posted information...why is that?  Could be something as simple as people (like me) are speculating too much...and it angers him.  It bothers me that a special post for "Candy" has been placed on a website begging her to tell police what she knows...It bothers me that a post was made about all of the drama...It bothers me how Robb refers to Azriel...he seems so disconnected from him...especially since the posts that he has made on myspace and such...seem to sound very loving and affectionate.  You never know...maybe there was a third person in the vehicle...possibly Robb...(has it been determined where he was for certain around that time)?  Maybe they were talking...trying to work things out...and got stuck...and ended up in a bad situation...maybe Robb was the one knocking on the door...I know that is stretching it...but, you never know.  Just some more ideas.  I am NOT accusing...only speculating.  The police/investigators will find the truth.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2010, 06:10:45 PM »

First off, who is Candy supposed to be and who is the person posting this message to her?
2nd, not quite sure what is suspicious about Robb? Everything he said seems reasonable, not connecting the same dots as you. Can you explain why he has your hinky meter on high alert? Am I missing something?

Banana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2010, 06:11:08 PM »

o/t banana ....love your new avvi!!

Thank You Cookie !! 
Banana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2010, 06:15:34 PM »

First off, who is Candy supposed to be and who is the person posting this message to her?
2nd, not quite sure what is suspicious about Robb? Everything he said seems reasonable, not connecting the same dots as you. Can you explain why he has your hinky meter on high alert? Am I missing something?

Candy is Shantina's Step-Mother

I would like to know why she is suspicious as well.  I have my reasons and one is because there is no way he can be in Vader-Toledo at the same time.  They are  miles apart from each other.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2010, 06:44:28 PM »

are people suspicious about Robb? he is the fiance right? in interviews that I saw him on, he seemed very sincere and I didn't have doubts about him like I normally do about some partners of missing women...what is making others doubt him?

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2010, 07:43:45 PM »

I have made tons of other suggestions...prior to this one (in previous posts).  I am not suspicious of Robb...I am just trying to look at the case from various angles.  That's all.  That is why I made sure to put in a disclaimer...stating that I am not accusing him and explained some questions and merely asked if certain things had been verified. I feel the same way as cookie...my radar isn't going off with him...but, I was seeing posts in various places believing that he may be guilty in some way...so, I thought that I would try and look at it from a different angle...and so that is what I did.  Once, I looked at it from this angle...this possibility...I came up with only a few questions...questions that could be easily explained.  So, I wouldn't say that my "hinky" meter is on high alert...but, I have found through experience that people are dishonest at times (just in general) and so instead of believing someone totally...it is better to look at things from different views...and see what questions or discrepancies arise...or, when a person tells a story and we believe them (for whatever reason) we tend to overlook certain behaviors...so, when we look at what they are saying in a different way then sometimes those behaviors are noticed.  Anyhow, that's all.  Sorry to ruffle any feathers.  It looks like Banana has answered the question of Candy.  As far as thinking that he couldn't be in Toldeo-Vader and another area at the same time...I agree.  I was questioning if the "repair" stop had been verified.  I really don't believe that Robb was in Olympia.  Just didn't know WHAT had been verified.  My mind gets to going sometimes...I will try to stick to merely facts.  Smile

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2010, 08:13:43 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/news/22860661/detail.html
Missing Woman's Family 'Really Concerned'
Woman, 8-Year-Old Son Last Spotted In Olympia

POSTED: 6:43 pm PDT March 16,2010
UPDATED: 6:12 am PDT March 17,2010

CASTLE ROCK, Wash. -- The family of a woman whose minivan was found partially submerged in the Puget Sound said her disappearance is "not something that would be in her character."

Shantina Smiley, 29, was driving from Silverdale to her stepfather's house in Castle Rock over the weekend when she and her 8-year-old son, Azriel, got lost, officials said.

The minivan driven by Smiley was found on a private beach Sunday with its doors open. A wallet containing her driver's license, some cash and credit cards was found in the van, but neither she nor her son was anywhere in sight.

Earlier Saturday, surveillance video captured her at a convenience store in Olympia asking for directions. At 10 p.m., Smiley stopped by Dennis Williams' house to ask for directions again.

"She was obviously scared. We gave her directions and let her use our phone to call her grandfather," Williams said.

Smiley told her grandfather she was lost, but doing fine. She hasn't been heard from since.

Thurston County sheriff's deputies said they found no sign of violence or foul play around the minivan. The disappearance is considered suspicious, but investigators said they don't have any suspects or persons of interest.

People who are close to Smiley said is engaged to be married and would never put her son in danger.

"We're all just really worried, really concerned, because this is not something that would be in her character," said Jerry Smiley, the missing woman's ex-husband. "The circumstances I've seen and the timeline I've been reading really makes me wonder."

He said Smiley e-mailed him last week, saying she was going to be in Castle Rock and wanted to stop by.

Smiley's fiance, Robb Simmons, waited at the search command post Tuesday.

"I hope she's out here. I hope she finds someone who can help her out. On the darker side, though, you have to wonder, does somebody have her?" Simmons said.

I don't recall seeing this article posted...but, I may have missed it.  It states the name of the man, where Shantina stopped to use phone and ask for directions (Dennis Williams)

It includes a quote from Jerry Smiley (her ex-husband) stating that she had emailed him the week before and sad she wanted to stop by.

And, referring to my earlier post...where I mentioned that Robb seemed disconnected from Azriel when he spoke of him (at times)...this is what I was talking about...quotes like the above.  He is hoping that she is out there, and hoping that someone can help her out...and wondering if someone may have her...this is before Azriel was found...and he doesn't even mention him.  No, that does NOT mean he is guilty...just giving you an idea of where I came up with that thought.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2010, 08:33:10 PM »

That is critical thinking..  I think you are correct in your thoughts to question everything.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2010, 08:50:35 PM »

thanks Edward...I was feeling bad. 

I don't recall reading that the keys to the van that Shantina was driving...was found on the dashboard.  This could be important information...
found at→ http://www.theolympian.com/2010/03/17/v-print/1174911/no-new-clues-in-missing-pair.html

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2010, 08:53:56 PM »

That is critical thinking..  I think you are correct in your thoughts to question everything.

I agree...we all should question everything...I like hearing everyone's ideas and opinions on all of these cases..others see things that I don't always see, and still don't see after they put forth their ideas/thoughts...But that is what we have to do, mull things over with each other...

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2010, 09:06:52 PM »

I agree...we all should question everything...I like hearing everyone's ideas and opinions on all of these cases..others see things that I don't always see, and still don't see after they put forth their ideas/thoughts...But that is what we have to do, mull things over with each other...

I agree...it really does help.  If I don't put my thoughts down quickly though...I tend to lose them (or parts).  My mind is constantly going...always thinking.  It helps to see all of the ideas. 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2010, 11:56:41 PM »

FTR I was not doing anything more then trying to clarify your thinking. My feathers were not ruffled at all, just was not connecting the dots. I don't know what is going on with this case. For some reason that night she couldn't find her way out of that town and was so confused. I wish a clue would be found, as of now it is a mystery

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2010, 12:01:49 AM »

Okay...Tracygirl...sorry...yes, it is such a mystery.  I am hoping too that something will be found...there has to be something.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2010, 12:03:24 AM »

here is a link to the tire tracks...I don't know yet how to post a picture. 

http://www.king5.com/news/Search-to-continue-for-missing-Silverdale-mother-young-son--87648637.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=5

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2010, 12:38:01 AM »

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Nationwide-appeal-for-help-in-finding-missing-mom-and-son-87825797.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=2

sorry...about that...I am trying to figure out how to post the picture.  Here is the link to the van on the beach...I haven't seen this picture posted yet.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2010, 12:48:06 AM »

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Nationwide-appeal-for-help-in-finding-missing-mom-and-son-87825797.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=2

sorry...about that...I am trying to figure out how to post the picture.  Here is the link to the van on the beach...I haven't seen this picture posted yet.

actually the one that I was talking about was this one→
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Nationwide-appeal-for-help-in-finding-missing-mom-and-son-87825797.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.