April 30, 2024, 11:14:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shantina"'Kat" Smiley & 8 yo son Azriel, WA Missing 3/13/10(BODY OF BOY FOUND)  (Read 210850 times)
Jeepers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #840 on: May 06, 2010, 04:05:11 AM »

Hi--Anyone that can help--please excuse the off topic, but I am trying to get in touch w/ Klaasend since she is an administrator but I cannot access a PM from her profile page. I actually just need to get in touch w/ any admin. A friend of mine submitted a registration April 13th but has not heard back or had her account activated. Can anyone tell me what to do for her?

sorry for the OFF TOPIC   

I haven't been approving many people, only a handful and mostly by special request.  You can email me or she can email me at smklaas@hotmail.com

If I know the nickname they registered under I can approve them.  So if you know that you don't even need to email me. 

Great!!! thanks: her name is "jeepers" thanks again!!!

I just approved her 

Thank you so much!

*waves at heather*

Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do lol

Nice forum. Lots of monkeys

In my opinion only.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: May 06, 2010, 09:28:53 AM »

Welcome Jeepers!
khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #842 on: May 06, 2010, 09:29:59 AM »

hi Jeepers! thanks Klaasend! 
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: May 06, 2010, 10:09:35 AM »

I don't want to sound dumb, but who are Ron & Don? I assume they are local Washington state talk show hosts.

Do they have a website?

I've been thinking on the knock on Grimmer's garage door. The dogs were brought in on two different occasions, but the scent of neither Shantina nor Azriel was detected.

So, what if one local resident was doing normal things people do at the beach (walking the dog, necking, stealing oysters, etc..) and saw something? Would that unknown person not knock on the garage door to alert the Grimmers, then walked off for whatever reason?

Maybe the person didn't want to get involved, maybe they expected Grimmer to call police and they hoped the police would search the beach and find the van or whatever was going on.

The knock on the garage door is one of the most puzzling events in this case.

khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #844 on: May 06, 2010, 08:43:10 PM »

I don't want to sound dumb, but who are Ron & Don? I assume they are local Washington state talk show hosts.

Do they have a website?

I've been thinking on the knock on Grimmer's garage door. The dogs were brought in on two different occasions, but the scent of neither Shantina nor Azriel was detected.

So, what if one local resident was doing normal things people do at the beach (walking the dog, necking, stealing oysters, etc..) and saw something? Would that unknown person not knock on the garage door to alert the Grimmers, then walked off for whatever reason?

Maybe the person didn't want to get involved, maybe they expected Grimmer to call police and they hoped the police would search the beach and find the van or whatever was going on.

They are the #1 radio show in Seattle, WA. They recently received a citizen's award for "for the money raised with Armed Around Our Officers and for the phone tips that helped capture Christopher Monfort, who allegedly shot officer Timothy Brenton and Officer Britt Sweeney."

Here is the website, and I will do you one better: here is the website w/ the search results for this case. If you follow those links you can listen to the show. Also above I have linked to the audio of significant moments in their coverage of the case, such as the interview w/ RS & the discussion on the next day during which they revealed his criminal record dating back to 1991 & as late as 2009, as well as records of a protective order issued against him that he violated for which he was *jailed for 4 mos!*
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=153&p=11&t=search&k=shantina+smiley

Enjoy!   
khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #845 on: May 06, 2010, 08:45:27 PM »

The lady who lived in the home that had the knocking told the media that she did not check into it, that it scared her, b/c "No one is EVER out there at that time of night--EVER."

khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #846 on: May 07, 2010, 12:12:09 AM »

KH just had a thought here: hmmm.... So what exactly would it be like to live with someone that always had a camera poked in your face everywhere you went: while eating, while sleeping, while travelling, while standing in the kitchen, while sitting outside, and who constantly wanted you to pose in different lighting to "practice" "shooting"--hmmm... what would that be like? One has to wonder.... Me thinky it would get OLD if not sooner than surely later... hmmm...

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #847 on: May 07, 2010, 03:50:32 AM »

She was very photograpic .. Quite stunning in some photos.
khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #848 on: May 07, 2010, 03:59:56 AM »

She was very photograpic .. Quite stunning in some photos.

Hi Edward Did you get a chance to listen to that Don & Ron radio show where they reveal RS's criminal history 91-09 & a protective order he violated and did 4 mos b/c of?

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=15770

Or the interview where they interviewed RS & which caused them to I guess decide to do a little digging?
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=15726

Great shows. I would listen all the time if I lived in WA.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #849 on: May 07, 2010, 07:53:09 AM »

Wow, Kh!!!  More great finds.  Thanks for all you are doing on this case cause I'm not computer savvy and don't know how to 'go digging' for anything.  This poor woman and child!  God bless them both and may we find her soon.  Welcome to Jeepers thanks for joining us.  What are your thoughts on this one?
khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #850 on: May 07, 2010, 09:14:37 AM »

Wow, Kh!!!  More great finds.  Thanks for all you are doing on this case cause I'm not computer savvy and don't know how to 'go digging' for anything.  This poor woman and child!  God bless them both and may we find her soon.  Welcome to Jeepers thanks for joining us.  What are your thoughts on this one?

Hi melisb 
I don't know why this case has me sooo stuck. But I usually get stuck on one & stick there until somehow it is resolved. Maybe I will be stuck on this one for a LONG time. I hope not.   
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #851 on: May 07, 2010, 02:08:20 PM »

If I drop 2 golf balls in the water at the same time will they wash up in the same place a week from now ?
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #852 on: May 07, 2010, 02:59:45 PM »

Thank you, khheather, for your answers.

The audio ain't working in my computer, but I got to reading further and I congratulate these guys for questioning beyond the obvious.

About the comment Mrs. Grimmer made of nobody ever being on the beach at that time of the night... I think that there may have been more going on than she knew... like someone stealing oysters nearby when nobody was looking.

Just a thought.

khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #853 on: May 07, 2010, 08:50:46 PM »

The audio ain't working in my computer, but I got to reading further and I congratulate these guys for questioning beyond the obvious.

About the comment Mrs. Grimmer made of nobody ever being on the beach at that time of the night... I think that there may have been more going on than she knew... like someone stealing oysters nearby when nobody was looking.

Just a thought.

True. One of the first speculations that they mentioned when she & Az went missing was that they worried that she had encountered an unhappy property owner who took her for an oyster poacher.

I am not going to be doing much online tonight, though I will pop in occasionally. Getting ready for my sweetie to come home from Ireland. And I am very worried as the Iceland volcanic ash has caused the airport from which he is leaving to close 2x times this week. They say that if the ash gets into an engine, it will turn into molten glass and totally shut it down. There is a grave risk. I hope they are not stupidly letting his flight board. It boards this am, but the same flight yesterday was cancelled. I personally would rather him hang and play some more golf over there than get on a dangerous flight. Fingers crossed.  :FlyingFrog::

khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #854 on: May 07, 2010, 08:51:46 PM »

Just a thought.

(my post got messed up--boo)
True. One of the first speculations that they mentioned when she & Az went missing was that they worried that she had encountered an unhappy property owner who took her for an oyster poacher.

I am not going to be doing much online tonight, though I will pop in occasionally. Getting ready for my sweetie to come home from Ireland. And I am very worried as the Iceland volcanic ash has caused the airport from which he is leaving to close 2x times this week. They say that if the ash gets into an engine, it will turn into molten glass and totally shut it down. There is a grave risk. I hope they are not stupidly letting his flight board. It boards this am, but the same flight yesterday was cancelled. I personally would rather him hang and play some more golf over there than get on a dangerous flight. Fingers crossed. 

khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #855 on: May 08, 2010, 04:13:56 PM »

Well, he finally purged the wordpress blog. It killed some of the google cache. good thing i have full copies of everything...
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: May 08, 2010, 09:07:59 PM »

He deleted it because just like his regular webpage, it made him look really bad.

He not only took her on a wine-tasting trip, but an artery-clogging triple meat pizza trip.

Hang him!

Hehe!

To me the most important part of those trips he took is that it clearly shows that he was familiar with the area where Shantina went missing, not only the main roads but also the backroads and remote places.

I hope your sweetheart made it back home last night, I read that they are taking people on detours in order to get them back to the USA, sometimes taking an extra day.

khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #857 on: May 08, 2010, 10:25:36 PM »

He deleted it because just like his regular webpage, it made him look really bad.

He not only took her on a wine-tasting trip, but an artery-clogging triple meat pizza trip.

Hang him!

Hehe!

To me the most important part of those trips he took is that it clearly shows that he was familiar with the area where Shantina went missing, not only the main roads but also the backroads and remote places.

I hope your sweetheart made it back home last night, I read that they are taking people on detours in order to get them back to the USA, sometimes taking an extra day.

He did! He is on the ground and driving home. Yeah, did you note the beer in that meat pizza pick! And, yes, it totally does show he knows the back road. Good point. For pete's sake he must know puget sound too he is in the Navy (as a sigma six upward progress coordinator or some such thing). He works at the bemerton naval station. Ron&Don made an appeal to him in that interview after they revealed the protective order (1 of 2 things: domestic abuse scare or stalking--i am guessing more likely #2) & the 4 mos in jail for violating it, to come back on the radio and speak to those revelations. he didn't come back on the radio. Have you seen this?
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #858 on: May 09, 2010, 07:29:59 PM »

It's hard to say what one would do if the love of one's life is suddenly gone.

Socializing and wanting to meet members of the opposite sex might provide comfort and fill one's otherwise empty life.

But in this case, knowing that the love of his life's body hasn't yet been found, and that there is still a ray of hope that she may turn up somewhere, someday, and that there is even a memorial coming up... I don't know if joining a meetup club of women bikers is the proper thing to do.

Again, I wouldn't know... but he's a sorta-young hot blooded man with urges and stuff... you know how it goes.

Jeepers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #859 on: May 10, 2010, 09:59:37 AM »

Not sure if this has been posted or not (I've not had the chance yet to read the entire thread):

http://www.linkedin.com/in/robbsimmons

Robb Simmons

Owner, Robb Simmons Photography
Greater Seattle Area

Current

• Owner at Robb Simmons Photography

• Welder Mechanic at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard

Past

• LEAN Six Sigma Green Belt at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard

• Welder Supervisor at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard

Education
Olympic College

Connections
2 connections

Industry
Events Services
Websites
My Company

Robb Simmons’s Summary

Robb Simmons’s Specialties:

Travel Photography
Wedding Photography
Sports & Event Photography
Event Disc Jockey
LEAN Six Sigma
Metal Fabrication
Design/Build

Robb Simmons’s Experience

Owner
Robb Simmons Photography
(Events Services industry)
Currently holds this position

Welder Mechanic
Puget Sound Naval Shipyard
(Government Agency; Defense & Space industry)
June 2008 — Present (2 years )
This is my day job, the one that pays the bills and provides the benefits.
I hired in as a co-op through Olympic College, and graduated the program in 1999. My expereince in this organization has ranged from working on live projects, mentoring new and less skilled senior employees to a 3 year tour with the inside LEAN Six Sigma Program

LEAN Six Sigma Green Belt
July 2005 — June 2008 (3 years )
As a LEAN Six Sigma Green Belt, I worked as a Facillitator/Consultant leading change in the Public Shipbuilding Sector. In my third year, I assited a Lean Implementation Manager with the implementation of the "Moonshine Lab", which provides for rapid design, build, and demonstration of out of the box ideas.
One of the LEAN events I lead facillitated was recognized by NAVSEA's "Whos On Watch" forum for it's results

Welder Supervisor
May 2002 — September 2002 (5 months)
During the summer of 2002, I was asked if I would be interested in standing in for my Supervisor. I was under the impression that this would be a day here, a day there, not several months. With no formal supervisory training, I took the task, and worked to streamline my workforce to be self starting and problem solving in a place where mediocracy is commonplace.

I was selected to particpate, and completed a Supervisor Mentoring Program in 2003.

Robb Simmons’s Education

Olympic College
ATA , Industrial Trades Technology , 1996 — 1999

Additional Information

Robb Simmons’s Websites:
My Company
Robb Simmons’s Groups:
     StrengthsFinder -- I know my strengths!

http://www.linkedin.com/in/robbsimmons

Welder and metal fabrication...

In my opinion only.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.