April 30, 2024, 04:06:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shantina"'Kat" Smiley & 8 yo son Azriel, WA Missing 3/13/10(BODY OF BOY FOUND)  (Read 210680 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #880 on: May 14, 2010, 08:22:29 PM »

anyways.. what I am looking at is this..

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=silverdale+washington&daddr=Fox+Island,+WA+to:Bremerton+WA&geocode=FXv_1gIdKtOv-CnzVVhbAyWQVDH41Sg9Vyqmgw%3BFR4A0QIdZtSw-Cm5l1hQ86uRVDG-SknQKBxTeg%3B&gl=us&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=47.255,-122.67128&sspn=0.099036,0.219383&ie=UTF8&ll=47.536674,-122.651367&spn=0.098508,0.219383&z=12

Zoom in on the ship yard where Robb works.. and look at all the ships in dock..some of them are tied together ..

We need a contact from this repair yard to give us the 411 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #881 on: May 15, 2010, 12:14:09 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: May 15, 2010, 12:16:06 AM »

http://www.virtualbirdseye.com/2008/04/16/more-submarines-puget-sound-naval-shipyard-aerial-view/

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #883 on: May 15, 2010, 01:05:34 AM »

Thank you Klaasand..

well with those great links i can see much better.. aircraft carriers and submarines.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #884 on: May 15, 2010, 11:55:15 AM »

What has motivated this line of thinking on my part is something R.S. said..

"On The Dark Side"

What are the possible locations for him ?? Where he works and or travels of course.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #885 on: May 15, 2010, 01:18:38 PM »

What job does he have on the base? Does he have unlimited access to the ships?

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #886 on: May 15, 2010, 03:47:11 PM »

supposedly he is a welder..

There could be other abandoned ships or ships being scrapped..

What I would like is LE to be contacted and see if any ships or subs were used for target practice and sunk just after Kat went missing..

ALL of these submarines and aircraft carriers may do training exercises... they would use an abandoned ship for such. There are so many rooms on these ships and hidden access chambers and it is all solid steel. You can not hear anyone on the other side of a door.

It is just my imagination.. It just needs to be checked out by LE and discounted off the list.
I am sure I am wrong .. The what if's

I do not think her family members are correct.. I do not believe She is in hiding. If her son died it would have been by accident not by her hand.

jmho
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #887 on: May 15, 2010, 06:40:51 PM »

The Army Corp of Engineers visited Puget Sound in 1867 and recognized the strategic significance of the region (as recommended by Lt. Charles Wilkes in 1841). Ten years later, Lt. Ambrose Barkely Wyckoff -- "Father of the Puget Sound Naval Yard" -- concurred with their opinion and asked Congress for funding, citing that the area was much closer to Japan and China than the base in San Francisco.

Still, the process was delayed until Washington's statehood in 1889 when Senator John B. Allen convinced the Navy to take another look at the area.

Assigned to the task, renowned naval strategist and historian Captain A.T. Mahan concluded that the Bremerton site was "the citadel of Puget Sound" being ideally suited due to its location on a deep water port, an adequate supply of raw materials, a skilled worforce and the fact that it could be easily defended.

Dry Dock #1 broke ground on Dec. 10, 1892 and was completed on Sept. 21, 1896 . An economy that had evolved from logging, lumber, milling and shipbuilding to farming entered a new phase that continues to this day.

The Trident nuclear submarine base at Bangor (photo), now part of Naval Base Kitsap, the torpedo testing base at Keyport as well as the shipyard and homeport in downtown Bremerton provide thousands of jobs in the region.

There are several unique opportunities for visitors who want to get a closer look at the Naval activity here. In Bremerton, you can go on a self-guided tour of the Viet Nam era destroyer USS Turner Joy which is docked on the waterfront.

Puget Sound Naval Shipyard & Intermediate Maintenance Facility  
http://www.navsea.navy.mil/shipyards/puget/default.aspx

Employment Opportunities
http://www.navsea.navy.mil/shipyards/puget/page/EmploymentOpportunities.aspx

On May 15, 2003, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and the Naval Intermediate Maintenance Facility, Pacific Northwest (located at Bangor, Bremerton and Everett, WA) consolidated into one maintenance activity - creating PSNS & IMF. The consolidation improves fleet readiness by allowing the Navy to accomplish the highest priority, real-time ship maintenance requirements while achieving the most maintenance effort possible for the tax dollar.

Naval Intermediate Maintenance Facility, Pacific Northwest, first known as TRIDENT Refit Facility (TRF), Bangor, was established on July 31,1981 as the primary maintenance facility for the West Coast TRIDENT submarine fleet. In 1998 TRF consolidated with Shore Intermediate Maintenance Activity (SIMA), at Everett and Bremerton, and became Naval Intermediate Maintenance Facility (NAVIMFAC) Pacific Northwest.

Today, the Bangor site operates refit piers, repair shops and a drydock located in the homeports of submarines, ships, and aircraft carriers in the Pacific Northwest. Bangor has expertise in hull, mechanical, electrical, electronics, and weapons systems repair; continually responding to meet the fleet’s maintenance and repair needs with on-time, cost-effective and quality service.

The Delta Pier at Bangor, so named because of its triangular configuration, has two refit piers and a drydock on the shore side. It has one of the largest drydocks built by the Navy and is the only drydock in the world constructed parallel to the shoreline. Everett piers accommodate numerous surface ships and an aircraft carrier.

In addition to the Shipyard and IMF consolidation, another opportunity to further improve service to the fleet arose in 2003. Surface ship maintenance organizations including the Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Puget Sound (SSPS), portions of the Commander, Naval Surface Group, Pacific Northwest Maintenance Staff (CNSGPNW), and Fleet Technical Support Center, Pacific Detachment Everett (FTSCPAC Det Everett) joined PSNS & IMF in standing up the Northwest Regional Maintenance Center (NWRMC). The NWRMC is now one of the few regions that provide maintenance for every class of Navy Vessel.

The sharing of expertise and resources between the Bremerton and Bangor sites provides the Navy with a streamlined approach to maintenance and allows for the savings to be reinvested in the fleet. The Shipyard is proud of its history as a naval presence on the West Coast since 1891 and of its current status as a world-class maintenance facility for the U.S. Navy. The combined organization is better equipped to continue to provide superb leadership and continuous process improvement in the areas of productivity, environmental stewardship, and technical innovation. Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility is the Pacific Northwest's largest Naval shore facility and one of Washington State's largest industrial installations.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #888 on: May 15, 2010, 07:16:27 PM »

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/whidbey-island.htm

Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, as seen from across the water in Port Orchard. The mothballed ships are on the left, and the hammerhead crane is on the right.

Perhaps the most visible feature of the shipyard is its huge green hammerhead crane, built in 1933. The PSNS hammerhead crane is 250 feet tall and 80 feet wide with a lifting capacity of 250 tons. It is primarily used in the overhaul and tearing apart of ships at the shipyard.

Following World War II, Navy Yard Puget Sound was designated Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. It engaged in an extensive program of modernizing carriers, including converting conventional flight decks to angle decks. During the Korean War, the shipyard was engaged in the activation of ships. In the late 1950s, it entered an era of new construction with the building of a new class of guided missile frigates. In 1965, USS Sculpin (SSN 590) became the first nuclear-powered submarine to be worked on at PSNS.

In 1990 the Navy authorized the Ship-Submarine Recycling Program (SRP) to recycle nuclear-powered ships at PSNS. Approximately 25% of the shipyard's workload involves inactivation, reactor compartment disposal, and recycling of ships. It has pioneered an environmentally safe method of deactivating and recycling nuclear-powered ships. This process places the U.S. Navy in the role of being the world's only organization to design, build, operate, and recycle nuclear-powered ships.

The shipyard also contains a large collection of retired U.S. Navy ships, including several aircraft carriers. The ships are mothballed, meaning that they are stored in case they are needed by the Navy in the future.

The mothball fleet in Puget Sound Naval Shipyard

Law Enforcment should be looking through every nook and cranny of these ships..
jmho
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #889 on: May 15, 2010, 07:24:10 PM »

link to above referenced information.
http://www.search.com/reference/Puget_Sound_Naval_Shipyard
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: May 15, 2010, 07:33:34 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship-Submarine_Recycling_Program

Ship-Submarine Recycling Program

(snipped)

At PSNS the SRP proper begins. A submarine  is cut into three or four pieces: the aft section, the reactor compartment, the missile compartment if one exists, and the forward section. Missile compartments are dismantled according to the provisions of the Strategic Arms Reductions Treaty. Reactor compartments are sealed at both ends and shipped by barge and multiple-wheel high-capacity trailers to the Department of Energy's Hanford Nuclear Reservation in Washington state where they are slated to be buried. A large number of reactor compartments are stored in the open awaiting deconstruction.[1][2]  The burial trenches have been evaluated to be secure for at least 600 years before the first pinhole penetration of some lead containment areas of the reactor compartment packages occurs, and several thousand years before leakage becomes possible
(snipped)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 07:35:39 PM by klaasend » Logged
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #891 on: May 15, 2010, 07:33:40 PM »

Quote: "On the dark side" R.S.
If you were locked into a room and the doors pinned or welded shut on a mothball fleet ship it would be very dark indeed.
Nobody is on the mothball fleet of ships as they are vacant. Nobody would hear you scream for help, No lights, No electricity, No running water, nothing.

We have a mothball fleet near me in the san francisco bay area... and I know for a fact that people are not normally on them.
I have been looking at them most of my life and many many stories have been written about them over the years.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: May 15, 2010, 07:39:01 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship-Submarine_Recycling_Program

Ship-Submarine Recycling Program

(snipped)

At PSNS the SRP proper begins. A submarine  is cut into three or four pieces: the aft section, the reactor compartment, the missile compartment if one exists, and the forward section. Missile compartments are dismantled according to the provisions of the Strategic Arms Reductions Treaty. Reactor compartments are sealed at both ends and shipped by barge and multiple-wheel high-capacity trailers to the Department of Energy's Hanford Nuclear Reservation in Washington state where they are slated to be buried. A large number of reactor compartments are stored in the open awaiting deconstruction.[1][2]  The burial trenches have been evaluated to be secure for at least 600 years before the first pinhole penetration of some lead containment areas of the reactor compartment packages occurs, and several thousand years before leakage becomes possible
(snipped)

What if you were to put something in one of these sections, weld it closed and send it off to be buried?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #893 on: May 15, 2010, 07:43:56 PM »

I agree Klaasend.. If it could be done.. I can see him doing this, This guy is flamboyant ..
He might have even taken photos.

That is just my impression of R.S. from all that has been posted and his own words.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: May 15, 2010, 07:54:29 PM »

I agree Klaasend.. If it could be done.. I can see him doing this, This guy is flamboyant ..
He might have even taken photos.

That is just my impression of R.S. from all that has been posted and his own words.

So say it's still sitting at Puget Sound Shipyard waiting to be moved to the burial site.  Do you think that a cadaver dog would be able to track a sent to the exact location?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #895 on: May 15, 2010, 08:20:07 PM »

Quote: "On the dark side" R.S.
If you were locked into a room and the doors pinned or welded shut on a mothball fleet ship it would be very dark indeed.
Nobody is on the mothball fleet of ships as they are vacant. Nobody would hear you scream for help, No lights, No electricity, No running water, nothing.

We have a mothball fleet near me in the san francisco bay area... and I know for a fact that people are not normally on them.
I have been looking at them most of my life and many many stories have been written about them over the years.

Edward my goodness where did you find this at? I was not quite sure what you meant about the dark side, now I see. I agree these ships need to be looked at.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #896 on: May 16, 2010, 12:05:11 AM »

It would be better if we can put him there and explain how he got them off the beach..

So when he went for his ride on his motorcycle to meet up with Kat and her son .. It broke down and he had to fix it ... Did he take it to a shop ? if so what shop and its location.. Did he work on the bike himself or did others.

It has to fit the timeline .. and most important.. is base security. How would he get by them ? it is military and because of nuclear..
 How could he get her onto the ship OR her body put into a undetectable area of a demolished section of ship destined for burial ?? When was the last time a section of demolished ship shipped out ??

All of this would have to become possible beyond a doubt.

It would be a challenge.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: May 16, 2010, 12:15:32 AM »

It would be better if we can put him there and explain how he got them off the beach..

So when he went for his ride on his motorcycle to meet up with Kat and her son .. It broke down and he had to fix it ... Did he take it to a shop ? if so what shop and its location.. Did he work on the bike himself or did others.

It has to fit the timeline .. and most important.. is base security. How would he get by them ? it is military and because of nuclear..
 How could he get her onto the ship OR her body put into a undetectable area of a demolished section of ship destined for burial ?? When was the last time a section of demolished ship shipped out ??

All of this would have to become possible beyond a doubt.

It would be a challenge.

Is he an outside contractor for the shipyard?  Does he carry his own tools to the job site? 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #898 on: May 16, 2010, 01:39:22 AM »

Edward as far as I can figure, he didn't take the bike to a shop. He has never said what was wrong with the bike, just that he stopped to make a quick repair to it.

To be honest all he had to do was hide her for as long as it took to take her some other place. the time that is unaccounted for is from the crack of dawn (or so he says) until about 11 that morning. From what I understand, during this time he was not with anyone. He claims he got a charger for his phone and went "up" to olympia to search for Kat. I would hope LE has at the very least check to make sure a purchased actually happened that morning. Le had mentioned Robb was very accommodating as well that morning, going to get the cell phone and other things that LE was looking for. So he did, when ever that time was, go back towards the base and his home in Silverdale. I always wondered why LE would have him do that, it could have had valuable evidence on the phone and allowing someone access to that could risk that evidence.
He claims in the days just after she disappeared he spent the nights at a motel so he could help with the search for Kat and Azriel. Apparently during this time he was with his daughter.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #899 on: May 16, 2010, 02:46:34 AM »

I hope this all makes sense. This is what I have been trying to figure out the past couple of days. The time between Robb leaving the step parents home and when he says they meet up again at 11. This imo is the only time he was alone and had enough time to do something. I have also wondered if Robb did in fact see the van while searching with step dad. 

The time between dawn, what would that be about 5AM and 11AM that morning. 6 hours to get a phone charger for his phone and then search the Olympia area. Where did he go during this time? He claims he got a phone charger, charged his phone and heading back up to Olympia. So he gets a car charger plugs in the phone and on his way he goes to Olympia, where he had searched earlier that morning or previous night. Did he just jump on his bike and drive up and down the streets screaming her name? "Kat, Kat where are you?, has anyone seen a woman and child"? How did he know she didn't leave that area? The last anyone heard she stopped to ask for directions and then was hitting the road. So why was he not looking around the Castle Rock area or points in between or did he? At this point all he knew was she called the grandparents and said she was lost in Olympia, she stopped to get directions to the freeway and was heading out of Olympia? does it make sense they kept going back to Olympia?

So who was Robb calling once this phone was charged up? Did he call the grandparents back? Did he call her friends? Did he call home to find out if she had simply gone back? Was there a voicemail from Kat during this time of trying to find her way out of this place? She had to of called him again either from that house or from a pay phone, why wouldn't she? She wouldn't have known his phone was dead which if it was would have gone straight to voicemail. Surely she would call him before the grandparents or at least try his phone and possibly leave a message. He was at where she was trying to get to and it was her family he was with without her. As far as I know, Robb didn't really know these people. Can we say a little uncomfortable?

So it is possible that Kat called Robb and left a message saying the hell with it, I don't feel good and I am stopping. I am going to get a few hours of sleep and head out later and would be there in the morning? She was only about 45 min from Castle Rock but she was upset. Could she have pulled over? Robb had said they looked at a couple of rest stops on their way back from searching Olympia when he was with the step dad. Did she stop there?  Did Robb see the van parked at one of the rest stops? If you think about it, the step dad didn't know the van. Robb could have easily said, nope it is not here lets move on and gone back later.

What I would give to know about the possible voicemails that were left for him on his supposed dead cell phone and the calls he made on 3/13 and 3/14. hmmm another thing? How do we know his cell phone was dead? All he would have had to do was turn it off or stop the ringer. He could have been checking voicemails all evening for all we know.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.