April 30, 2024, 03:20:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shantina"'Kat" Smiley & 8 yo son Azriel, WA Missing 3/13/10(BODY OF BOY FOUND)  (Read 210668 times)
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #900 on: May 16, 2010, 03:44:02 AM »

Edward, Khheather, Tracygirl and all...plz call LE/the lead detective and voice your concerns/questions/opinions and theories.  They are great and totally relevant.  She needs all the help she can get.  The poor lady is lost and someone needs to find her and let her come home in whatever form that is.  She needs a proper homecoming and I don't really see anyone but you guys caring.  Bless you all and Kat and her baby in heaven.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #901 on: May 17, 2010, 09:09:11 AM »

LE departments in the area have made their minds about the Smiley case based on the Physics Law of least effort... the option which renders the least amount of work (paperwork) shall be THEE solution.

Other more sophisticated departments would be asking the right questions, and walking the walk. Not Thurston County.

As I had said before, another Savio case.

khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #902 on: May 17, 2010, 01:46:22 PM »

I keep hoping to hear something more about her... that she is found somewhere. This is such a sad story. I am not giving up, just been busy the past few days. 

khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #903 on: May 17, 2010, 01:49:37 PM »

Edward, Klaasend, & Tracy girl. some great stuff on the previous page! Enjoying reading what you guys are thinking & have researched.
khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #904 on: May 17, 2010, 01:54:06 PM »

I wonder if LE confirmed his time line & that he was w/ the step father all the time he says he was. RS went out of his way to fit a timeline together. Very suspicious to me. I wish someone could go back and verify that time line w/ RS., and at any time did RS break away from stepdad while they were out looking. Or did they really "look" together or actually take separate vehicles. I have a sneaking suspicion that because of the videos & witness accounts of Shantina w/out Robb that night they did not check that information out very thoroughly.
Jeepers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #905 on: May 17, 2010, 03:33:15 PM »

What has motivated this line of thinking on my part is something R.S. said..

"On The Dark Side"

What are the possible locations for him ?? Where he works and or travels of course.

Edward, what are you referring to " on the dark side"? Is it something he said in an interview? Do you have a link? Thanks Smile

In my opinion only.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #906 on: May 17, 2010, 04:37:17 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/news/22860661/detail.html
Missing Woman's Family 'Really Concerned'
Woman, 8-Year-Old Son Last Spotted In Olympia

POSTED: 6:43 pm PDT March 16,2010
UPDATED: 6:12 am PDT March 17,2010

CASTLE ROCK, Wash. -- The family of a woman whose minivan was found partially submerged in the Puget Sound said her disappearance is "not something that would be in her character."

Shantina Smiley, 29, was driving from Silverdale to her stepfather's house in Castle Rock over the weekend when she and her 8-year-old son, Azriel, got lost, officials said.

The minivan driven by Smiley was found on a private beach Sunday with its doors open. A wallet containing her driver's license, some cash and credit cards was found in the van, but neither she nor her son was anywhere in sight.

Earlier Saturday, surveillance video captured her at a convenience store in Olympia asking for directions. At 10 p.m., Smiley stopped by Dennis Williams' house to ask for directions again.

"She was obviously scared. We gave her directions and let her use our phone to call her grandfather," Williams said.

Smiley told her grandfather she was lost, but doing fine. She hasn't been heard from since.

Thurston County sheriff's deputies said they found no sign of violence or foul play around the minivan. The disappearance is considered suspicious, but investigators said they don't have any suspects or persons of interest.

People who are close to Smiley said is engaged to be married and would never put her son in danger.

"We're all just really worried, really concerned, because this is not something that would be in her character," said Jerry Smiley, the missing woman's ex-husband. "The circumstances I've seen and the timeline I've been reading really makes me wonder."

He said Smiley e-mailed him last week, saying she was going to be in Castle Rock and wanted to stop by.

Smiley's fiance, Robb Simmons, waited at the search command post Tuesday.

"I hope she's out here. I hope she finds someone who can help her out. On the darker side, though, you have to wonder, does somebody have her?" Simmons said.

I don't recall seeing this article posted...but, I may have missed it.  It states the name of the man, where Shantina stopped to use phone and ask for directions (Dennis Williams)

It includes a quote from Jerry Smiley (her ex-husband) stating that she had emailed him the week before and sad she wanted to stop by.

And, referring to my earlier post...where I mentioned that Robb seemed disconnected from Azriel when he spoke of him (at times)...this is what I was talking about...quotes like the above.  He is hoping that she is out there, and hoping that someone can help her out...and wondering if someone may have her...this is before Azriel was found...and he doesn't even mention him.  No, that does NOT mean he is guilty...just giving you an idea of where I came up with that thought.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #907 on: May 17, 2010, 04:40:36 PM »

R.S. was prolly twisted over Kat going to visit the EX .. and he was following her. Jealous.
Or at least that is the way it appears to me ..
jmho 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #908 on: May 17, 2010, 05:55:18 PM »

Why isn't Shantina on this list?

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/misadult.php
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #909 on: May 17, 2010, 05:59:05 PM »

Or this??? Is it because she is presumed dead? So you stop listing them prior to a body being found? 

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/search
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #910 on: May 17, 2010, 06:59:20 PM »

Tenino WA do I just know that towns name by the missing woman from last year, I think her name is Nancy Moyer.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #911 on: May 18, 2010, 06:15:11 PM »

Edward, Khheather, Tracygirl and all...plz call LE/the lead detective and voice your concerns/questions/opinions and theories.  They are great and totally relevant.  She needs all the help she can get.  The poor lady is lost and someone needs to find her and let her come home in whatever form that is.  She needs a proper homecoming and I don't really see anyone but you guys caring.  Bless you all and Kat and her baby in heaven.

One thing that I will admit I have at times lost track of the fact a little innocent child was drowned. Azriel was just a little boy who deserved to live a full life. He is dead, gone forever. His washing up on that shore doesn't make much sense to me. I think his death is suspicious as well. I don't' see how that child could have drowned in water that was not rushing at him and he somehow washed out in a tide that takes hours to swell and recede. The tide wasn't high for hours after he was supposedly there that night.

Shantina deserves to be found. It has been 2 months since she vanished and still no sign of her anywhere. No has seen a live Kat either, not one sighting of her since 3/13 has been reported. The circumstances surrounding her disappearance are suspect and need to be fully investigated regardless if her family believes her dead, she ran away or has somehow sank to the bottom of ocean. Too many questions are unanswered to simply assume these things.

Robb, her loving fiance planned a memorial 2 weeks after she disappeared, 2 weeks! Who does that? The investigators believe her to be dead although nothing would indicate she is dead. She is a missing person yet they do not have her listed as such. Shantina Smiley deserves to be found and her disappearance investigated. The decision to close the book on this one came way to soon. I hope and pray an investigation is reopened and everyone associated with her such as her family and her fiance are requestioned. If Robb has not been given a lie detector I think it is a reasonable thing to request of him, after all everything in this case is dependent on what he has said.

Ok, off my grandstand. Prayers for you Shantina Smiley. May the truth be uncovered and if the case maybe, justice served.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: May 19, 2010, 12:22:51 PM »

I need help from LE to put the timeline in order.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #913 on: May 19, 2010, 04:45:46 PM »

Just some thoughts from all my reading on this thread, and over at WS......

Shantina was probably upset for several reasons....being lost is stressful, and it's especially bad when you don't have your phone. But if she'd fallen off the wagon, and was drinking wine, she was probably very disappointed in herself, and worried about what people would say. More than likely she was trying to sober up a little, and resist the temptation to drink more. She probably was scared of being lost, and scared of being tempted again, and failing to resist it. From what the witnesses have said, she was in some kind of turmoil. I think buying the wine was significant to her state of mind.
I wonder if she went down that road looking for a place to use as a bathroom, since the store was closed. If she had all that wine, she probably needed to go, and maybe she thought it would be a private place to park. Maybe she wanted to try and sober up a little more. Or maybe she was going to have a drink, but not while driving.
The other possibility is that she drove down there to go to the bathroom, and encountered someone who harmed her, and Azriel.

I don't really see how her fiance could've run into her, since she wasn't with him at the elderly couple's house.  Have I missed something? What's the theory on how he managed to find her?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #914 on: May 20, 2010, 12:01:38 AM »

We are presuming just about everything..

The drinking.. We are presuming she was drunk.
R.S. involvment.. By his own words and actions we are presuming his story does not make sense and is a cover for..??

Can I put him there ..NO.. Can I show he knows the area very well, YES.
Was he supposed to be a part of her visit to her stepfathers..nope.

She was not all that lost.. She is seen on video survalliance 2 times and she talks with the grandparents on the phone..Williams said she was Scared.. There is a big difference between upset and Scared in my book of rules.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #915 on: May 20, 2010, 01:57:41 AM »

Edward is correct, there is a big difference in saying someone seemed scared rather then saying someone seemed upset. I think it is also odd that not one witness, other then the supposed worker at the diner said anyting about her possibly being drunk. That was said in an comment section of a newspaper story after it was reported she bought the wine. We see she bought wine, we don't see she drank the wine. For all we know she was asked to pick up a bottle of wine.
Robb had the opportunity in the middle of the night. I wrote about it a few posts ago. 
This case is filled with assumptions and those assumptions have lead to LE classifying this woman as dead. I think we all just want this case investigated and those who were close to Kat be questioned and given lie detectors, especially if they have been shown to change stories or lied.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #916 on: May 20, 2010, 10:23:52 AM »

Edward--I'm of the opinion he is up to his neck in her disappearance.  I think I came up with, while she asked him to bring her cell to her, or whatever it was, during the conversation he could've said meet me here and when she got there they got up with each other again by phone and he said sorry we missed each other now I'll meet you at such and such a time just wait on me there.  Maybe that was her upset/agitation and later that night he found her and AZ.  I still think she may have wanted away from him.  The continuous picture taking would've driven me crazy cause it seemssdessive  He seems like a leech and maybe she wanted her independence and was torn and running toward safety.  Or so she thought she could get away from him.  Reminds me of Venus' case.  Hurrying before work and I'm sorry I rambled and jumbled my thoughts.  Ya'll have a wonderful day.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #917 on: May 20, 2010, 10:51:57 AM »

A control freak with a massive insecurity complex that can not handle any form of rejection.

This was most likely his first live in G/F and the Fiance is just a figment of imagination and the marriage desire only on one side.. Kat has already been around the block and was not willing to go down the road with a male who in her opinion had control of her every thought and movement.
That is why she was seeking out her EX for a visit. To me that action alone sets off alarms because if you really want to piss off your currant lover just go visit your Ex lover.

JMHO

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #918 on: May 20, 2010, 06:17:16 PM »

I know a lot about addiction, because I work with addicts on a daily basis. Most of them are scared and upset when they fall off the wagon. In fact, addicts are often terrified, and ashamed. An elderly couple could mistake that for something else.
 I'm also sure she was a little frightened if she was lost and confused that late at night. If she was AFRAID of SOMEONE, why not call the police? Why call her GF and never say a word about a person scaring her? That makes no sense. She had a perfect opportunity to get help if she felt threatened by a person. Neither she, nor Azriel ever mentioned anything like that.
I think she did drink the wine. The bottle was half empty, and the cap was on. Where did half a bottle go? I think a person working in a restaurant might recognize subtle signs of drinking a little better than an elderly couple.
And who would ask a recovering alcoholic to buy a bottle of wine? Not many people who cared about a person trying to stay sober would tempt them like that. And since she had no phone, how would someone call and ask her to buy wine?
The biggest question I have is this....how did RS find her? How could he possibly hook up with her when no one really knew exactly where she was?
This is my opinion, and I can see that some of you don't like it.  This is a sad and confusing case. But people do strange things when they are drinking, and I think she was. To me there is no other explanation for her behavior that night.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #919 on: May 20, 2010, 07:10:29 PM »

Its not a matter of liking it or not, it is a matter of more things do not make sense then make sense in this case.

Rob was looking for Shantina along with the step dad. He could have seen her then and went back for her. We are assuming alot about Shantina and her drinking. Did she drink the wine? She may have but she may not have. Was she drinking a month prior when she and Robb went on a weekend trip?  Well it appears so because there is a pic of her with a beer infront of her. Was she drinking that beer? Well we can assume she did but we don't really know. So I suppose that pic also answers your question, who would ask a person to buy wine when they are recovering? I suppose the same person that took a pic of her with a beer in front of her?

I don't know if it was Robb, it could have been a random stranger, she could have killed herself, ran off with or without someone, or went poof and disappeared into a space ship. The point is, there is no evidence of her being alive or dead and after all of this time no body floating or washing to shore is suspicious to me that she didn't drown as LE has presumed. 

I know Robb raised some red flags with me when he changed his story a few times such as the last time he spoke to her. He said in one interview it was at 4:15 and in another said it was at 6:45 when she called him from a pay phone asking him to bring her cell, she was lost but wanted to get Azriel something to eat. With that story it sets the whole scene. He also did a good job in telling everyone about her falling off the wagon, why do that? I believe it was because the video was released of her buying the wine and then some annon person saying she seemed drunk. 2 weeks after she goes missing he begins the plans for the memorial? 2 weeks? This was the love of his life, his soulmate as he put it and he wants closure after such a short time? In the years I have been reading about missing person cases I have never heard of a family so willing to move on. Either he is a serious drama king or he wanted everyone to forget. BTW, is he out there looking for her? Has he been passing out flyers just in case she didn't drown? She has not been found, where is that hope we see in other families?
All I want is for an investigation on the possibility Shantina and Azriel were victims of a crime and as in many cases, the "loved ones" be questioned and lie detectors given. They closed the book on this one way too soon.

I have to disagree with you on one thing. The house she stopped at had other people there, not just the 80 year old's. Not one person mentioned she seemed drunk as the restaurant worker did.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.