April 19, 2024, 03:09:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Searching for work like 'jogging through wet cement'"  (Read 1016 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 16, 2010, 02:29:12 PM »

The job market in the region could stay stagnant, perk up just a little in the second quarter, or sprint ahead at a healthy pace. Those are the differing opinions of a regional employment survey, an industry economist, and an analyst at the state Department of Labor.

The only agreement comes from job seekers, the folks in the trenches battling to secure a full-time job. For them, the past few years spent in job hunting has been like jogging through wet cement and they don’t see a quick fix ahead.

more here - http://www.pottstownmercury.com/articles/2010/03/16/business/doc4b9fb88bc3c57571201151.txt

Contrast this with the pending US trade war with the EU over hedge fund and bank access to debt swaps and derivatives.  Geithner get's involved, can't have those bankers out of a job.

How much effort to keep Americans employed when it's Chinese labor that makes like $.05 an hour?  No bennies?

How much effort when government keeps adding to the burden of American business, workers, and governments?

Follow the money.

One group gets a walk through cement
, the other get's first class involvement from Geithner.

Can't have Wall Street bankers and hedgers out of the money stream.

No jobs for Americans.  It's the anti-American administration staying up late at night to destroy the American dream.

my opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.