March 29, 2024, 09:34:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Segregation Works, 100% of Grads to College  (Read 2668 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 17, 2010, 06:41:15 AM »

Every Urban Prep senior is college-bound

100 percent of first senior class at all male, all African-American Englewood academy is accepted to universities

Four years ago, Bryant Alexander watched his mother weep.

She stared down at a muddle of D's and F's on his eighth-grade report card and threatened to kick him out. He had barely passed elementary school, and high school wasn't even on his radar.

"Something just clicked," Alexander, now 18, said. "I knew I had to do something."

On Friday, Alexander proudly swapped his high school's red uniform tie for a striped red and gold one — the ritual at Englewood's Urban Prep Academy for Young Men that signifies a student has been accepted into college.

As the Roseland resident and 12 others tied their knots, Chicago's only public all-male, all-African-American high school fulfilled its mission: 100 percent of its first senior class had been accepted to four-year colleges.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/happynews/ct-met-urban-prep-college-20100305,0,3299917.story

Why is segregation good for some, but not for others?

For years, the government in Washington destroyed communities, encourage de-segregation in the schools.  Then, it reinvented the wheel?

Segregation seems to work.

Why destroy what works, based on the color of ones skin?

Why destroy communities for some, and reinvent them for others?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 06:49:42 AM »

For some reason, 100% all white schools are demonized.  No one celebrated if they had 100% graduation rates.

Why not expect all students, regardless of race to prepare for college or work after school.

Where are the all white, or other ethnic schools that send 100% of graduating class to college?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.