March 18, 2024, 08:01:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Killed Lacey Claire Gaines?  (Read 34066 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: March 18, 2010, 07:22:31 PM »

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/who-killed-lacey-claire-gaines/19403946?sms_ss=email

Who Killed Lacey Claire Gaines?
Updated: 5 hours 30 minutes ago
Print Text Size
E-mail More
David Lohr

David Lohr Contributor
AOL News
(March 17) -- On the evening of Dec. 7, Lacey Claire Gaines, a 20-year-old mother of one, was found slain inside her Justice, Ill., apartment. Evidence found at the scene suggests that Gaines knew her assailant, but so far no arrests have been made.

Ever since, Gaines' aunt, Cherry Simpson, has devoted every waking hour to her niece's case in an effort to ensure that justice is served.

"I miss her," Simpson told AOL News. "I liked hearing her sweet voice say, 'Hi, Aunt Cherry. It's me. Lacey.' I wish I could hear that voice again."
(snipped)

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 12:09:00 AM »

http://www.desplainesvalleynews.com/murder-investigation-of-justice-woman-continues121.php

Murder investigation of Justice woman continues
By James Pluta
Desplaines Valley News

The 20-year-old Justice woman found stabbed and strangled to death inside
her Hickory Trace apartment unit Dec. 7 had just left her 2-year-old son
at his grandmother’s house — fearing for his personal safety — hours
before she was brutally murdered and left for dead, according to a source
close to the family.

The victim, Lacey Claire Gaines, whom relatives and friends said was
dating a new boyfriend of late, also was involved in a court custody
battle with the father of the boy, who revealed in the Cook County Circuit
Court filing that he had sex with her when she was 16 and he was in his
20s.

The last known hearing in the “petition to establish parentage” filed
pro-se by the boy’s father on March 18, 2009 (Case # 2009D679047), was
back in May, according to court records viewed by the Desplaines Valley
News.

Police Chief Robert Gedville said no charges have been filed yet, even
though detectives working the case have “interviewed every known boyfriend
she’s associated with” over the years — including “a few” possible
suspects who were in custody early last week and have since been released.

“We have interviewed everyone we can and our (Southwest Major Crimes) Task
Force has 30 to 40 detectives working around the clock to get this
solved,” Gedville said, adding they are looking into every lead and are
hoping someone calls Cook County Crimestoppers with information that leads
to the apprehension of the assailant.

Tipsters, who don’t have to identify themselves, are urged to call (800)
535-STOP and if their leads result in an arrest they could earn a $1,000
reward.

The crime — which continues to remain the subject of much chatter and
speculation on a number of news and crime victim’s web sites — has been
described by investigators as an “isolated incident,” meaning neighbors of
the victim should not be concerned a killer is on the loose.

Gedville said there was no forced entry to the apartment and no evidence
anything was stolen, suggesting the possibility Gaines may have known her
attacker. He also said there is no known motive at this point, but that
“every avenue is being explored” with hopes of hunting down the killer.

When police arrived at the apartment — responding to a 911 call made by an
English-speaking “acquaintance” of her current boyfriend who arrived home
to find her dead inside — they found Gaines unresponsive and covered in
blood and rushed her to Advocate Christ Memorial Hospital in Oak Lawn.

Once there, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office said she was
pronounced dead on arrival at 7:19 p.m.

Both the current boyfriend and the father of the child were questioned in
connection with the case, as were others.

While an embalmer with the Kepouros Funeral Services stated the fully
clothed victim died of a single knife wound to the neck and was likely
choked as well with an electrical cord, a medical examiner’s “first
responder report” shared with family members indicated there was a cord or
rope around her neck, a 4-inch deep gash to the left side of her neck and
a surface stab wound in her left shoulder.

However, there was no apparent sexual assault and no signs of a struggle,
perhaps because Gaines was caught off guard or was sleeping at the time.

Gedville confirmed a kitchen knife with a 10-inch blade recovered from the
residence was “very likely” the murder weapon and was one of many things
taken into evidence. However, no suspect vehicles were impounded.

Someone close to Gaines who requested anonymity stated through domestic
violence victim’s advocate Susan Murphy-Milano of Chicago that Gaines had
sought help in March for alleged abuse, stalking and death threats, had
tried to get a court order of protection served on the child’s father to
no avail, yet seemed to be trying to get her life back together.

Gaines, a single mother, worked three jobs — including as a
waitress/hostess for the past two years at Kingsberry Waffle House in
Flossmoor, which she quit earlier this year. She earned money to raise her
son, pay off a car loan and a mortgage for a house her parents bought in
Steger that she and her son shared briefly with the child’s father.

Jimmy Mantas, her manager at the waffle restaurant, called her untimely
death a “tragedy” and “traumatic” for those that knew and loved her.

“It shocked everybody, but we have high turnover here so some of the girls
here now didn’t know her while some did,” he said. “We hope everything
gets solved.”

Gaines graduated from south suburban Grant Park High School in 2008, which
she attended for her senior year after transferring from Illinois Trinity
Lutheran Day & High School in Crete, where she spent her entire grade
school period and her first three years of high school.

While in high school, she worked for two years as a waitress at a
relative’s fancy establishment, Vic’s on Main, in Crete from 2005 to 2007
and overlapped that job with a waitress/hostess/salad and dessert cook
position at Maxwell’s in Beecher from 2006 to 2008.

In a resume she typed up looking for a new job this summer, Gaines called
herself “very outgoing” and one who enjoys speaking to all kinds of
people.

“After my years of experience in restaurants, I feel very comfortable
talking to people and helping them in any way,” she stated. “I also have a
good knowledge of computers and am very familiar with working registers. I
can also speak Spanish fluently.”

A beautiful young lady who was religious but not a regular churchgoer, she
also spoke some French, learned in part from her early teenage years as an
exchange student in France.

However, life took some sharp turns for her after she got pregnant at 16
and beyond, and e-mails obtained by the newspaper indicated she was
reaching out to domestic violence advocates for assistance.

E-mails and cell phone text message records also obtained by the newspaper
between Gaines and the boy’s father and others she confided in claimed an
alleged pattern of abuse and violence, some which is known to have been
documented to police in Crete, Steger and Chicago’s Southwest Side — where
Gaines’ current boyfriend lived with his sisters

Neither the boy’s father or the new boyfriend could be reached for comment
for this story.

Family members said the new boyfriend attended the wake, but others in
attendance indicated the boy’s father allegedly came just to pick up his
son before being kicked out by an uncle of the victim.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 12:15:06 AM »

http://my.opera.com/LaceyClaireGaines/about/

Shares many links on left and right sides of page with more on Lacey. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 10:46:29 AM »

This is from a myspace email from a friend of Lacey's. After you click on link and read Benita's reveiw comment scroll further down the page. There's a post by an anitalacey82 on 12/02/2009. Could that have been Lacey? I knew she desperately wanted to move back home.

It may not be like a very great source of information but I was looking for apartments in Illinois and Sunset Lake Apartments was one of the links that I came across under the persons first review a woman commented saying this:

Bernita - 01/30/10

oh and lets not forget the murder that occured almost 2 months ago. A young lady was killed in her own apartment by the maintenance man......

here is the full link to this website : http://local.yahoo.com/info-17305521-sunset-lake-apartments-justice?tab=reviews#reviews

I have a degree in crime scene investigations an associates degree and it really bothers me that they have yet to find the person who has done this to Lacey. I went to school with her and she was a very nice girl. I hope that maybe this will help in some way.

Jessica Ladner

Comments are my opinion, not fact, not malicious, a commentary on the topic, an exercise of 1st Amend Rights.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 11:13:43 AM »

social network sites...tend to give good insight.  Lacey  hadn't signed in since Christmas of 2008 though...but she does mention a boyfriend and her heading is disturbing...though I am sure that this has been viewed, it helps to have it close(especially in that moment that something comes to mind and you are looking for the link)...here is Lacey's Myspace page: www.myspace.com/laceyclaire

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 11:17:06 AM »

oh no...maybe I should have asked before posting that.  Please remove the myspace page if it doesn't seem appropriate.  I know that social networking sites has helped me in research...maybe a comment that someone has left...anyhow, I hope that didn't upset anyone.  I just want to find her killer...it is such a tragedy...she seemed to be a real advocate for abused women...

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 11:27:52 AM »

Lacey Gaines: Fighting Beyond the Grave For Justice
Lacey Gaines was barely 20 years of age when her body was discovered on the kitchen floor of her apartment. The year before she gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

Chances are Lacey left the baby with a relative that day because she felt something in her "gut" was wrong. At 7 p.m. the evening of December 7, 2009 Lacey was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

In early 2009, she sought direction and support from various family members because she was a victim of domestic violence. Like many women, Lacey worked two jobs to support she and her child. She was an excellent mother.

On March 18, 2009, in a Cook County, Illinois court, a petition to establish parentage was filed by the baby's father, SANCHEZ REGELIO [Sanchez has used several alias in the past and I am not sure what legal name he is currently using]. The case link is HERE.  Everyone called him "Daniel" including Lacey. Sanchez took the paternity test and was proven to be the baby's father sometime in May of 2009.

Briefly in 2009, I spoke with Lacey on the phone and she was terrified of Daniel, the child's father. At that time, Lacey indicated she needed more time to think about the best plan of action for her safety, which is very common for any woman being abused, and I did not hear back from her.

A huge red flag, at least in my opinion, is the fact that Sanchez allowed the paternity case to go off the court call on September 25, 2009. Indicating to me that he was up to no good.

Lacey had begun a new life for herself by moving to a new residence and beginning a relationship with a man who did not abuse her. He was good for she and her son. Lacey hoped one day in the near future, after the couple married, he could adopt the child as his own.

Sanchez, according to sources, grew increasingly violent over the new relationship, abused Lacey each time he saw her or picked up the child during visitation, fitting the profile of "if I can't have her no one can." Remember Lacey ended the relationship and Sanchez was enraged over her decision to go on with her life minus this coward. Most abuser's cannot handle rejection, this includes Sanchez.

Now, a month after Lacey Gaines murder, police in the town of Justice, Illinois still do no have a person in custody. Why does it take so long for justice in cases of intimate family homicide?

Lacey Gaines did not deserve to die. In my opinion she stood up to the abuser and for that her life was taken away. Her son will never know the courage and warmth of this amazing woman.

I am asking that you take a moment to sign a petition for Justice for Lacey [pictured on there left] at:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/laceygainesmurder

Police are asking for the public's assistance. All tips are anonymous.

Please, if you have information about this murder please call:

Justice Police Department
Thomas C Bockmann, Deputy Chief of Police
7800 S Archer Rd, Justice, IL 60458
Ph: 708 458-2191
at 23:58
Labels: Cherry Simpson, Dana Pretzer, Domestic Violence Murder, Homicide, Lacey Gaines, Will County Illinois, Women in Crime Ink
7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Left by my friend Lacey on MySpace wall:

So i am not always perfect and i have done some bad things in my short life here . But i am honestly trying to be better and to change because i realize that the way i was living was getting me no were.

I guess i am just stuck in a bad spot because .. The Pendejo i was with before doesn't want to let me go and doesn't want me to be happy ... So how do you Fix everything .. when Someone wont let go ...
    January 12, 2010 7:36 AM
Tina said...

Are you telling me that her ex has never been charged for this hideous and senseless crime?
    January 12, 2010 12:37 PM
Susan Murphy Milano's Journal said...

Tina, that is correct. The man has yet to be charged.
    January 12, 2010 3:23 PM
Anonymous said...

Why can't police get there act together on cases of family homicide? Not aarresting the person is outrageous!
    January 12, 2010 9:57 PM
Anonymous said...

Can you talk about the similarities between this case and Kimberly Smith murder in Oconomowoc, WI on your radio show?

Waukesha — Kimberly Smith was murdered in her Oconomowoc home Oct. 1 as part of a plot for her ex-boyfriend to get custody of their 4-year-old son, authorities said Thursday in announcing the arrests of the ex-boyfriend and two other men on homicide charges.

snipped for length...

Click Here to read
    January 13, 2010 8:41 AM
Susan Murphy-Milano said...

To The Person leaving the link on --Kimberly Smith murder in Oconomowoc, WI I can do a few things on this case but not on todays radio show. Could you email me with your name and a number to contact you so I can properly expose the case and her murder.

My email address is murphymilano@gmail.com
    January 13, 2010 10:50 AM
Cherry said...

Please download print and post Reward Flyer for Lacey Gaines Murder Case #09-06670 Justice, IL

This case is STILL unsolved.
    March 11, 2010 8:40 AM

Post a Comment
Links to this post

Lacey Gaines: Fighting Beyond the Grave For Justice SUSAN MURPHY ...
    SUSAN MURPHY MILANO'S JOURNAL. Lacey Gaines: Fighting Beyond the Grave For Justice. Lacey Gaines was barely 20 years of age when her body was discovered on the kitchen floor of her apartment. The year before she gave birth to a healthy ...
    Posted by Claudine Dombrowski at January 12, 2010 7:18 PM
  Lacey Gaines: Fighting Beyond the Grave For Justice SUSAN MURPHY ...
http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2010/01/lacey-gaines-fighting-beyond-grave-for.html

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 11:37:38 AM »

Lacey had more than one MySpace page. It's alright anyone can find them by simply googling her. I understand her behavior, at times was rebellious. The Lacey I knew was soft spoken, hard working and a loving person. She was always polite, always kind. I miss her and love her deeply.

She was just a sweet young woman who grew up among the corn fields of Grant Park Illinois. She had a wonderful sence of humor. She loved her son very much. She spoke fluent spanish and french. She was a very hard worker.

If you go to her URL www.LaceyGaines.com you'll find stories and many well wishes. The media updates are there. Photos, the petition, the FB Fan page.

We all just want her killer to be found. There is a "Cold Stone Killer" running free. Lacey would want her son and family to have peace and safety.

Comments are my opinion, not fact, not malicious, a commentary on the topic, an exercise of 1st Amend Rights.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 11:51:24 AM »

Is there a picture or date of birth for Lacey's sons dad?

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 11:55:25 AM »

I was recently contacted by a woman, from the Chicago-land area, who is an intuitive (psychic) she asked me not to name her but to pass along her message. She wrote me through my Facebook email.

Beginning of her message:

I started seeing all the images and messages surrounding this case. Usually I just write them down somewhere and let them sit. But, yesterday I was compelled to send over to you because they were so strong.

I read lacey story today and i usually refrain from doing so because many times i recieve messages and really dont want them. but, i will share with you what is being shared with me from the other side. please feel free to do with the info as you wish. but i have one request, i ask you not share who you recieved this from. may help in your investigation. i am a very private person, even though i use my gifts everyday. this kind of work is too hard for me to do for everyone. the lord knows I have a heavy heart and have great trouble not releasing the pain from my life.

here it is: there were two men that came over that day to your nieces home. i think only one went in the home, they are associated with a gang in america, very connected in fact. look for another man, his name starts with a t, or his nick name starts with a t, short stocky guy with some facial hair. they are in close proximity to the area. but are transients and move around alot. they acssociate with a young woman with tats on her arms and one across her neck, her name starts with a c, maybe cindy, there again, not called by her real name.

they are tough cookies. be careful, i dont feel danger around you, just really mad that you keep tracking them. this girl knows things, look for her. hope this help. love and light,

Lacey's friend told me on 12/19/2010 that Lacey said Juan had a crazy ex girlfriend who came around and Lacey went back to Daniel for 3 days or the girlfriend did.

I also heard from Lacey's a family member that 2 latino girls one with a tattoo around her neck came to Lacey's wake. No one knew them and when he asked who they were they said they lived in Lacey's building.

I received a letter from Lacey mother in Jan which said Lacey had moved back in with Daniel for a period of about 2 weeks. She said Juan's ex-girlfriend was pregnant. I was not aware of this happening nor do I know when it happened.

I heard from another friend:

What??? I do not see lacey going back to daniel for 1 minute. And I know Juan had an ex girlfriend. Lacey told me she was really young and Im almost positive she is the little sister of Juans brother in law. Lacey had little problems with her calling Juan all the time. Her and Juan changed their numbers a million times.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 12:00:17 PM »

Lacey had more than one MySpace page. It's alright anyone can find them by simply googling her. I understand her behavior, at times was rebellious. The Lacey I knew was soft spoken, hard working and a loving person. She was always polite, always kind. I miss her and love her deeply.

She was just a sweet young woman who grew up among the corn fields of Grant Park Illinois. She had a wonderful sence of humor. She loved her son very much. She spoke fluent spanish and french. She was a very hard worker.

If you go to her URL www.LaceyGaines.com you'll find stories and many well wishes. The media updates are there. Photos, the petition, the FB Fan page.

We all just want her killer to be found. There is a "Cold Stone Killer" running free. Lacey would want her son and family to have peace and safety.

I certainly didn't mean anything negative toward Lacey...when I looked at the myspace page...and then read other places...I see more of her speaking out for victims...that is what I was referring to when I wrote that her heading is disturbing...about the blackened eyes.  I too have been in that same situation...I am a soft spoken girl...that others always describe as sweet and hard working...but, in the past (in my twenties) I became mixed up with an abusive man...and a few shady characters.  You don't even see it coming...everyone use to tell me that I didn't fit in with those around.  Finally, I got myself out of it...I worked two and sometimes three jobs to survive...I am now graduating from college...and realize so much more that I didn't when i was twenty...Lacey was finding that...it seemed...it is so sad that she wasn't able to grow even more...her killer needs to brought to justice.  I do apologize if I upset you...that is the LAST thing that I would want to do.  I am new here and have A LOT to learn.  The Scared Monkeys that I have followed are wonderful and they all work hard at finding justice.  I am so sorry for you loss...but, I believe that the killer will be found soon.  Take care.  I have gone to the different sites now...and I have found so many wonderful things about Lacey.  I hope that Connor is doing well.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 01:11:26 AM »

Condolences on your loss. Any loss is tragic but a young mother being killed just seems even more cruel.
Has her ex boyfriend, the babies father been given a polygraph? doesn't seem that much of a leap to consider him a suspect. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 08:22:48 PM »

Don't miss Dana Pretzer tonight at 9pm ET:

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 10:53:52 AM »

This is from a myspace email from a friend of Lacey's. After you click on link and read Benita's reveiw comment scroll further down the page. There's a post by an anitalacey82 on 12/02/2009. Could that have been Lacey? I knew she desperately wanted to move back home.

It may not be like a very great source of information but I was looking for apartments in Illinois and Sunset Lake Apartments was one of the links that I came across under the persons first review a woman commented saying this:

Bernita - 01/30/10

oh and lets not forget the murder that occured almost 2 months ago. A young lady was killed in her own apartment by the maintenance man......

here is the full link to this website : http://local.yahoo.com/info-17305521-sunset-lake-apartments-justice?tab=reviews#reviews

I have a degree in crime scene investigations an associates degree and it really bothers me that they have yet to find the person who has done this to Lacey. I went to school with her and she was a very nice girl. I hope that maybe this will help in some way.

Jessica Ladner

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 11:09:59 AM »

I'm quickly acquiring a bad taste for Sunset Lakes Apt complex in Justice, Il ... did you read this?
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/08/parents-engaged-over-school-bus-ban.html

School Buses No Longer Allowed on Apartment Grounds:
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago-bar-tender/2009/08/school-buses-no-longer-allowed-on-apartment-grounds.html

In a complaint filed today in the Circuit Court of Cook County, the Boards of Education of Argo Community High School and Indian Springs School District are seeking an injunction against Sunset Lake Apartments so that the districts' buses may be allowed access to the roadways within the apartment complex to pick up and drop off students, which the school districts assert had been the case for over twenty years without objection.
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=10336392

Owner: Joe Getto Manager Irene Downes
Name: Sunset Lake Apartments LLC
Street: 8301 South 88th Avenue
Justice, il 60458-1747
Phone: (708) 458-7043
Fax: (708) 476-6000

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22233839@N03/show/

Photos of the apartments just days after Lacey's murder.

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »

Condolences on your loss. Any loss is tragic but a young mother being killed just seems even more cruel.
Has her ex boyfriend, the babies father been given a polygraph? doesn't seem that much of a leap to consider him a suspect. 
Yes her ex-boyfriend the father of her son was given a Police polygraph and he had an alibi. Her murder was such overkill, the strangulation and then slashing of her throat, IMHO seems so personal.
The area has a high level of gang activity according to the apartment reviews on the internet. I don't know what happened but I am praying they find and prosecute him (they) soon.
Thank you for your interest.

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 03:46:41 PM »

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I really appreciate everyone who has been so kind to look at Lacey's case and speak to me about it. It helps to know someone cares.
Her son misses her greatly, I was told he cries for her. He is with family and is safe and loved. Until the murderer is caught I am concerned for his and her families well-being.
You would have liked Lacey. She was a sweet, funny girl. A good mom, a very hard worker. She deserves justice. Thank you for helping me shine a light on her case.
Luv- Cherry
I certainly didn't mean anything negative toward Lacey...when I looked at the myspace page...and then read other places...I see more of her speaking out for victims...that is what I was referring to when I wrote that her heading is disturbing...about the blackened eyes.  I too have been in that same situation...I am a soft spoken girl...that others always describe as sweet and hard working...but, in the past (in my twenties) I became mixed up with an abusive man...and a few shady characters.  You don't even see it coming...everyone use to tell me that I didn't fit in with those around.  Finally, I got myself out of it...I worked two and sometimes three jobs to survive...I am now graduating from college...and realize so much more that I didn't when i was twenty...Lacey was finding that...it seemed...it is so sad that she wasn't able to grow even more...her killer needs to brought to justice.  I do apologize if I upset you...that is the LAST thing that I would want to do.  I am new here and have A LOT to learn.  The Scared Monkeys that I have followed are wonderful and they all work hard at finding justice.  I am so sorry for you loss...but, I believe that the killer will be found soon.  Take care.  I have gone to the different sites now...and I have found so many wonderful things about Lacey.  I hope that Connor is doing well.

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 12:07:09 PM »

Photos of Sunset Apts days after Lacey was murdered
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22233839@N03/show/

An email I received:

I'm sure you have been searching so maybe you have seen some of these reviews for Sunset Lake. There is a lot about the IRENE DAWES who everyone says is the manager. There are more than a few that call her a racist. Look at what the second one says about the maintenance man.

Also, read the last one:

This place is a total and complete dump and the building manager Irene is a horrible horrible person. The owner Joseph Getto needs to stop hiding behind Atillah the Hun(Irene) and assist the people whom he's living fat off the hog on. I pay too much damn money to live in this overpriced project! Had I known that before the ink dried on the lease all the courtesy and customer service would dry up with it I wouldve never moved in. One thing is for sure Deneen in the collections office is the only HUMAN being that works for this entire outfit. DO NOT MOVE TO SUNSET LAKE!!

I agree, this is the projects and i have never ever lived in a project before in my life until now, i had only drove by the projects on my way downtown but never went in, this apt complex is ridiculous, too much drug activity, fighting, neighbors that still packages from in front of your door, and too many breakins, which i say is done by maintenance, who's always out there hawking and whistleing at the teen girls on there way to school, they think it's quite here it is'nt, and management dont care who the hell they let move in. they just want that money, and they think all black people dont know there rights, you may have some that dont but alot of them do, it is a shame what goes on in sunset, and they do not have to live here like we do, if i knew someone who stayed here before i signed the lease i would have never dropped 2800 dollars in no ones hands, this is not a place to raise kids or a dog, but you better know im moving out and im going to make sure my friends and their friends know about the mess that goes on here it is an outrage.

Read more: http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/IL-Justice-Sunset-Lake-Apartments-771036.html#userresponses#ixzz0jDyzAXEV

"...Irene will get hers with these GHETTO people moving out her one of them will get her trust that."

Read more: http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/IL-Justice-Sunset-Lake-Apartments-376345.html#userresponses#ixzz0jE1nBavM

And they're own security officer's steal keys from the master key box, and steal's from the resident's. My friend's apartment was broken into and also my apartment and they act like we just let them in and it was a security officer on their staff that broke into my apartment. They fired the officer and did not tell me so that I can prosecute the individual and they cover- up everything here and they do not help out with the resident's complaint...

Read more: http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/IL-Justice-Sunset-Lake-Apartments-365069.html#userresponses#ixzz0jE2PokS5

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/IL-Justice-Sunset-Lake-Apartments-771036.html#userresponses#ixzz0jDyuPQaP
DO NOT MOVE HERE! ..., Not Recommended, May 13, 2008, apartment review of Sunset Lake Apartments in.
www.apartmentratings.com
Review of studio apartment at Sunset Lake Apartments in Justice, IL posted May 13, 2008

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 06:11:21 PM »

Yes her ex-boyfriend the father of her son was given a Police polygraph and he had an alibi. Her murder was such overkill, the strangulation and then slashing of her throat, IMHO seems so personal.
The area has a high level of gang activity according to the apartment reviews on the internet. I don't know what happened but I am praying they find and prosecute him (they) soon.
Thank you for your interest.

Thank you for answering my question. My thoughts after reading your post, a gang member will not usually go to such messy lengths to kill a person. Usually a gun is used and if a knife then it it more of a stabbing rather then a slashing. It does seem personal, angry even, a crime of passion if you will, that is why I first thought her ex but you say he has an aliby. Do you know where he was? Does he have a new girlfriend that could have been jealous of her? Or maybe an ex girlfriend? Was she seeing another man?
I read some of the things about the apartment building, hmmm. Did she call the cops on anyone? Did she have any trouble with any of her neighbors or workers there?

I really think the person that did this was very angry at her for whatever reason. I would also keep watching the comments made about her and this crime.
Do you know if the police have come up with a profile of the killer? Is the FBI involved?

I am sorry her son cries for her. Little boys love their mama's, it is heartbreaking for me to read that. I have little boys and I know they would be such sad little guys if anything happened to me. This is so sad. 

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.