March 28, 2024, 04:37:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Killed Lacey Claire Gaines?  (Read 34075 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 02:39:18 AM »

BBM

http://www.desplainesvalleynews.com/murder-investigation-of-justice-woman-continues121.php

Murder investigation of Justice woman continues
By James Pluta
Desplaines Valley News

The 20-year-old Justice woman found stabbed and strangled to death inside
her Hickory Trace apartment unit Dec. 7 had just left her 2-year-old son
at his grandmother’s house — fearing for his personal safety
— hours
before she was brutally murdered and left for dead, according to a source
close to the family.

The victim, Lacey Claire Gaines, whom relatives and friends said was
dating a new boyfriend of late, also was involved in a court custody
battle with the father of the boy,
who revealed in the Cook County Circuit
Court filing that he had sex with her when she was 16 and he was in his
20s.

The last known hearing in the “petition to establish parentage” filed
pro-se by the boy’s father on March 18, 2009 (Case # 2009D679047), was
back in May, according to court records viewed by the Desplaines Valley
News.

Police Chief Robert Gedville said no charges have been filed yet, even
though detectives working the case have “interviewed every known boyfriend
she’s associated with” over the years — including “a few” possible
suspects who were in custody early last week and have since been released.

“We have interviewed everyone we can and our (Southwest Major Crimes) Task
Force has 30 to 40 detectives working around the clock to get this
solved,” Gedville said, adding they are looking into every lead and are
hoping someone calls Cook County Crimestoppers with information that leads
to the apprehension of the assailant.

Tipsters, who don’t have to identify themselves, are urged to call (800)
535-STOP and if their leads result in an arrest they could earn a $1,000
reward.

The crime — which continues to remain the subject of much chatter and
speculation on a number of news and crime victim’s web sites — has been
described by investigators as an “isolated incident,” meaning neighbors of
the victim should not be concerned a killer is on the loose.

Gedville said there was no forced entry to the apartment and no evidence
anything was stolen,
suggesting the possibility Gaines may have known her
attacker. He also said there is no known motive at this point, but that
“every avenue is being explored” with hopes of hunting down the killer.

When police arrived at the apartment — responding to a 911 call made by an
English-speaking “acquaintance” of her current boyfriend who arrived home
to find her dead inside
— they found Gaines unresponsive and covered in
blood and rushed her to Advocate Christ Memorial Hospital in Oak Lawn.

Once there, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office said she was
pronounced dead on arrival at 7:19 p.m.

Both the current boyfriend and the father of the child were questioned in
connection with the case, as were others.

While an embalmer with the Kepouros Funeral Services stated the fully
clothed victim died of a single knife wound to the neck and was likely
choked as well with an electrical cord,
a medical examiner’s “first
responder report” shared with family members indicated there was a cord or
rope around her neck, a 4-inch deep gash to the left side of her neck and
a surface stab wound in her left shoulder.

However, there was no apparent sexual assault and no signs of a struggle,
perhaps because Gaines was caught off guard or was sleeping at the time.

Gedville confirmed a kitchen knife with a 10-inch blade recovered from the
residence was “very likely” the murder weapon
and was one of many things
taken into evidence. However, no suspect vehicles were impounded.

Someone close to Gaines who requested anonymity stated through domestic
violence victim’s advocate Susan Murphy-Milano of Chicago that Gaines had
sought help in March for alleged abuse, stalking and death threats, had
tried to get a court order of protection served on the child’s father to
no avail, yet seemed to be trying to get her life back together.

Gaines, a single mother, worked three jobs — including as a
waitress/hostess for the past two years at Kingsberry Waffle House in
Flossmoor, which she quit earlier this year. She earned money to raise her
son, pay off a car loan and a mortgage for a house her parents bought in
Steger that she and her son shared briefly with the child’s father.

Jimmy Mantas, her manager at the waffle restaurant, called her untimely
death a “tragedy” and “traumatic” for those that knew and loved her.

“It shocked everybody, but we have high turnover here so some of the girls
here now didn’t know her while some did,” he said. “We hope everything
gets solved.”

Gaines graduated from south suburban Grant Park High School in 2008, which
she attended for her senior year after transferring from Illinois Trinity
Lutheran Day & High School in Crete, where she spent her entire grade
school period and her first three years of high school.

While in high school, she worked for two years as a waitress at a
relative’s fancy establishment, Vic’s on Main, in Crete from 2005 to 2007
and overlapped that job with a waitress/hostess/salad and dessert cook
position at Maxwell’s in Beecher from 2006 to 2008.

In a resume she typed up looking for a new job this summer, Gaines called
herself “very outgoing” and one who enjoys speaking to all kinds of
people.

“After my years of experience in restaurants, I feel very comfortable
talking to people and helping them in any way,” she stated. “I also have a
good knowledge of computers and am very familiar with working registers. I
can also speak Spanish fluently.”

A beautiful young lady who was religious but not a regular churchgoer, she
also spoke some French, learned in part from her early teenage years as an
exchange student in France.

However, life took some sharp turns for her after she got pregnant at 16
and beyond, and e-mails obtained by the newspaper indicated she was
reaching out to domestic violence advocates for assistance.

E-mails and cell phone text message records also obtained by the newspaper
between Gaines and the boy’s father and others she confided in claimed an
alleged pattern of abuse and violence, some which is known to have been
documented to police in Crete, Steger and Chicago’s Southwest Side — where
Gaines’ current boyfriend lived with his sisters

Neither the boy’s father or the new boyfriend could be reached for comment
for this story.

Family members said the new boyfriend attended the wake, but others in
attendance indicated the boy’s father allegedly came just to pick up his
son before being kicked out by an uncle of the victim.

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 09:19:57 AM »

I wonder if human trafficking plays a part in this?

Disturbing http://www.myspace.com/441007680 see photos look at orientation Bi

drugs, sex

Before murder http://www.myspace.com/emccrewunidadobrera

After murder http://www.myspace.com/lost198516

Comments are my opinion, not fact, not malicious, a commentary on the topic, an exercise of 1st Amend Rights.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 09:11:26 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/
Lacey Claire Gaines Case: Lacey’s Short Life

Posted on April 10th, 2010 by Valhall

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 01:09:19 PM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/04/13/lacey-claire-gaines-case-the-suspects/
The Hinkey Meter Blog by Valhall: Lacey Claire Gaines: The Suspects

Comments are my opinion, not fact, not malicious, a commentary on the topic, an exercise of 1st Amend Rights.
Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »

Citizen Against Homicide Victim Profile by Adam Oestmann and Cherry Simpson - Lacey Claire Gaines Murder Case #09-06670 Justice, IL

http://www.prestoimages.com/site/rd3/3_page60602.pdf

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »

The Dr Lori Roth Show with Susan Murphy Milano discuss "Who Murdered Lacey Gaines" including a mysterious letter received telling who may have murdered Lacey Gaines. With special guest Lacey's Aunt Cherry.

http://www.therothshow.com/demos/recent/hour2Jan2611.mp3

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 11:23:30 AM »

From a friend after they listened to Dr Lori Roth and Susan Murphy Milano radio show - they gave permission to share but prefer to stay anonymous

#1. You mentioned how Lacey always wanted to fight back...you couldn't be more right. I can remember her telling me that she would get something in on the babies dad when he would hit her. She saidhe had to so he wouldn't get away with it. I feel like some

#2. The way she was murdered was WAY TOO personal....they wanted to make damn sure she was dead and she suffered but still she didn't fight back at all. What has come out of the autopsy??? Could she have been drugged???

#3. She asked her grandma to keep the baby for a reason....did she make plans to go out or have someone over??? Whats gone on with looking at her phone records? I knew Lacey pretty well and she seldomly had sitters when she wasn't working and if she did it was for a reason like to get out or have company just to do something for a change cus she did work alot.

#4. Back to this maintenance man....from what I heard shortly after I found out what had happened to Lacey I heard that there was no sign whatsoever for a break in....so either they had a key or she knew n trusted the person. Is it a coincidence she was murdered the day she got a sitter. What I believe is that she made plans to do something whether it was go out or have someone over. She had a sitter and obviously wanted some privacy. She let them in cus she trusted them and they somehow got her? Was she tied up? If she wasn't tied up then she had to be drugged...there are many drugs that are hard to catch in a tox screen. If she wasn't any of those then it just don't make sense.

I hope and pray for justice for her all the time, she didn't deserve this at all but I do believe it was someone she knew and she trusted and possibly they were coming over to talk with her so she asked her grandma to keep her baby for the day. The phone records need to be looked further into and I almost bet either there was a text or a call made and whoever she may have talked to that day or the day before has got to know something. Much love to you cherry!

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »

My thoughts:

It's been over a year and the police have kept very closed mouthed. They have not returned calls to almost anyone and have turned down all offers of help, including John Douglas.

Susan Murphy-MIlano and Robin Sax received a strange anonymous letter in the summer and I forwarded it to Ton Dart Cook County Sheriff and I did get a call from a special States Atty, who has asked me not to use his name. He said it was an on going investigation and as soon as they feel they have enough evidence to prosecute they will.

Statement Analyst Peter Hyatt called and offered his services and was also turned away.

Wes Clark of LIES stated he feels as I do and Peter also suggested an outside polygraph be given as did John Douglas. To my knowledge none of this has been done.

The Police did tell AMW they were waiting for DNA over a year ago. A det also told me they had surveillance video. Also waiting for phone records.

There was also something I found out completely by accident.

Lacey' had asked me to make her resume in March. On the resume were references. My husband was one - a personal reference. Her boss supposedly was one. But when she was murdered a reporter asked me for a copy of the resume. I gave to him and he called the references. The boss said girls come and go but not much else. Later on I received information that the name was the owners and phone number was for another man, the manager. I was also told he had been allegedly paying Lacey's bills. There was a falling out between this mans girlfriend and Lacey. Lacey lost her job there. This same man is a soccer coach and I found numerous photos of Lacey attending a Chicago Fire fund raiser only available to members of the Assoc. This man also lives just down the street from Lacey's apt and drives a large white car.

I wondered if maybe the police have video of him coming and going.

The anon letter refers to the Apt's and the people who run it. Ironically there was a review on Yahoo about the apts which said Lacey was killed by a maintenance man.

In my unprofessional opinion the murder was an execution. No one tried to cover anything up. No forced entry, no defensive wounds. She was strangled and then her throat was slashed. I was told on the first responders report there was a small gash across her left clavicle as if the knife caught there. It was a 4" gash in her throat.

The letter also said they were concerned some off duty police officers may have allegedly had something to do with the crime.

The police have also turned down a free billboard said only done for "Cold Case" and it was reported LE told family members do not add to the reward save your money.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I thank you for stopping and looking.

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 03:07:16 PM »

Crime Wire
www.crimewiresite.com
Tuesday, February 1, 9pm ET
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/crimewire

Unsolved Murder of Lacey Gaines

Lacey Gaines was a beautiful young mother who was brutally attacked and murdered in Justice, IL on Dec. 7, 2009.  However, justice has not come forth for Lacey, her murderer has not been arrested, and her son is left without his mother.

www.laceygaines.com

We will be discussing the murder of Lacey Gaines and will be joined by her Aunt, Cherry Simpson.

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 06:48:22 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/embed/DiPGCr67wjs

Look what Max did!!!

http://www.crimepays.tv/

--
Max Cannon
Founder SafeCITY Publishing
Publishers of "Local MugSHOTS"
www.safecitypublishing.com
www.facebook.com/localmugshots
1-866-690-MUGS (6847)
http://weirdcrime.blogspot.com/
http://www.rewardstv.net

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2011, 08:10:31 PM »

Mystery Remains - Who Killed Lacey Gaines
http://www.bloggernews.net/125961

by Simon Barrett in Society and Culture, crime
Read 63 times.

On December 1, 2009 Lacey Gaines, from Justice, Illinois celebrated her 20th birthday but only 6 days later this young lady was found dead in her apartment. According to police there were no signs of force entry, no evidence of sexual assault and no evidence of robbery, yet her boyfriend found her in a pool of her own blood with an electrical cord wrapped around her neck. Her throat had a 4-inch gash across it. Police say that evidence found at the scene do suggest that Lacey Gaines could have known the person who took her life.

Who would want to kill this young girl full of life and that everything to live for? Lacey’s aunt, Cherry Simpson described her niece as a sweet polite girl that grew up in a lavish country home that had attended a private Lutheran Day school. She was one of a few selected students through an exchange program at the school that were allowed to travel to France to help teach students there. She returned to France the following year at the age of 15 which seems to be when she started to exhibit some rebellious traits. Simpson said her niece got pregnant in 2007 but ended up in an abusive relationship causing her to have to get an order of protection.

After the birth of her child she started seeing a new man that was Hispanic that spoke little English. She told her aunt that they were in love. In March 2009 her baby’s father began to question the paternity of her son and took a DNA test to make sure he was the father. Her Aunt said that during this time Lacey had moved to another apartment and when she didn’t hear from Lacey as often she had hoped it meant that things had finally started to look up for her.

Now here it is February 2011 and still no one has been charged for the murder of Lacey Gaines. Who has killed her? Have they gotten away with murder, or do they just think they have? Although they have not made it very clear as to who they have their main focus on, the police have stated that they are sure that Lacey’s child’s father has nothing to do with it.

The sad part about this case is that Lacey Gaines is just one of an ever increasing number of crimes that remain unsolved. I would not have heard about this case were it not for my good friend, author Denny Griffin. On Tuesday evening his CrimeWire radio program spotlighted the story. Within hours, the reward offered for information was doubled to $2000. While $2000 is not a huge amount of money, it does go to show that the internet can make a difference.

More information about the case can be found on crimewiresite.com. My personal view is that rather than collect the cash, the person or persons that have information should share it with Law Enforcement. Someone knows something. It is time to step up to the plate and help solve this murder. A family is grieving and angry, Lacey cannot be brought back, but she and her family deserve justice. If you have information, please share it. There are numerous ways that this can be done without it being made public.

Simon Barrett
Let Others Know About This Post

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2011, 08:24:14 AM »

Many tips have come in since the www.Crimewiresite.com radio show of 2/1/2011 - there is also a forum there.

You can also find discussions on TheHinkeymeter, Mndhunter, TruTV and Websleuths as well as here.

There have been several tips which have come in. Many question the friendship between Lacey's manager who lied on her resume and to the reporter James Pluta. They feel he may know more than what he is saying.

I have also heard some speculation on the new boyfriend, also an illegal alien. Lacey had told her family she desired to return home as he was not who she thought he was. It was rumored he had a double life and a child with a younger niece.

Lacey definitely wanted out of this apt complex. In fact if you look at the Yahoo comments on the Sunset Apts you will see it is stated a maintenance man killed Lacey. If you scroll down there is a comment from a LaceyAnita saying she wanted out. The photo which now appears next to that post wasn't there originally.

The letter speaks about the Apts and the management. Wes Clark made several observations on the letter and the comment made at the forum.

From Wes Clark of LIES:

The letter you were referring to, was that about the apartments written by "anonymous" on 9/19/2009? What I found interesting with that was the writer complained about the lack of security, drugs, gangs, constant break ins, and added, "...no one else but the maintenance they have keys to everything and every door in the building..." I thought it was interesting that the writer felt the need to add that. They mentioned break ins but then the fact maintenance has keys? Why? I thought that was odd and if it was written by the suspect, it could indicate a plan or preparation to the commit the murder and to leave a bogus suspect trail to divert the investigation. No force was used for the "break-in" at the murder scene, right? Also, this was written in mid September...I think I read that in September the baby's father also stopped pursuing the parentage through the courts? If that's the case the timing is interesting and maybe he decided to pursue another path to eliminate his problem? Of course, I have just read some things online and not the case reports, evidence, interviews etc, so this is only a guess on my part and just another avenue to pursue. It looks like the letter was typed on a message board of some sort, so the computer forensics should be able to be traced if they get a search warrant (or consent) for a suspects computer.

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 09:10:01 PM »

Lacey Claire Gaines Murder Case #09-06670 Justice, IL

I just heard "the police know who killed my niece Lacey."

It was the two maintenance men who worked at the Sunset apt complex. One ran away to Mexico.

Why hasn't there been an arrest? Why not go get him from Mexico. Can't FBI get involved if he left the country?

Have the police gotten the IP address off the internet Yahoo comment below:

http://local.yahoo.com/info-17305521-sunset-lake-apartments-justice?tab=reviews#reviews

Bernita - 01/30/10
oh and lets not forget the murder that occured almost 2 months ago. A young lady was killed in her own apartment by the maintenance man......

What is going on?

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2011, 02:37:53 PM »

Press Release, 2/8/2011, 12:00PM Springfield, IL

Dora Larson and Terry Mayborne are proud to announce the formation of a new organization, Support for Homicide Survivors (SHS). http://supportforhomicidesurvivors.com/

We will produce a bi-monthly newsletter for all interested parties. We will run a victim’s voice in each publication. Our first six victims will be unsolved homicides. The first will be the facts of Lacey Claire Gaines Murder Case #09-06670 Justice, IL on December 7, 2009.
http://supportforhomicidesurvivors.com/homicides/lacey-claire-gaines/

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 06:21:15 PM »

There is a new organization in Illinois called the SHS Support for Homicide Survivors there is a URL and a Facebook Fan Page please like it. They will be featuring my niece Lacey's Case.

http://www.supportforhomicidesurvivors.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SHS-Support-for-Homicide-Survivors/189100474457685

Please Like

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2011, 02:25:41 PM »

Lacey's Aunt Cherry on TrueFacts with AMW Jon Leiberman click on programs Thursday at 7pm discussing Lacey's Case

https://www.cyberstationlive.com/JonLeiberman
TRUEFACTS - CyberStationUSA
http://www.cyberstationlive.com/
to contact Mr Jon Leiberman go to:

Jon Leiberman
President.CEO
LeibermanMedia,Inc.
Phone 443.904.5574
Fax: 646.454.9062
http://www.jonleiberman.com

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2011, 07:57:19 PM »

http://supportforhomicidesurvivors.com/jon-leiberman-truefacts-special-guest-murder-victim-lacey-gaines-aunt-cherry/

Please listen to show and lt me know if you have any ideas or revelations. I'm thinking of making 3x5 cards covering whole case.

People come forward every time we do a show. Scared Monkey's has been very helpful. I greatly appreciate it!

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2011, 02:57:47 PM »

Lacey's case is featured unsolved case in the SHS Support for Homicide Survivors Spring Newsletter 2011

Her case is also featured on the website at http://www.supportforhomicidesurvivors.com

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 10:00:34 AM »

Holder: We must fix gaps that let fugitives live free abroad
Durbin says attorney general is committed to reform of problems exposed by Tribune series
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/watchdog/fugitives/ct-nw-fugitives-holder-20111109,0,4248420.story

I believe this is what has happened in Lacey's case.

Lacey Claire Gaines Murder Case #09-06670 Justice, IL was murdered in 2009, strangled and stabbed. I was told one of the suspects fled to Mexico and they are not prosecuting. She left a 2 yr old son.

Lacey's case was featured in the http://www.Supportforhomicidesurvivors.com website and newsletter last year. It'll be two years this Dec.
_________

Chicago Breaking News - 12/09/09

The slaying of a 20-year-old woman who was found strangled and stabbed inside her south suburban Justice apartment appears to be an isolated incident, Justice Police Chief Bob Gedville said today.

The incident does not appear to be a robbery or a burglary, the chief said, and police are investigating whether the woman killed, Lacey Gaines, knew her killer. Gaines, of the first block of Hickory Trace Drive, was single, Gedville said.

About 7 p.m. Monday police responded to a call for an unresponsive female covered in blood and found Gaines, Gedville said. She was pronounced dead at 7:19 p.m. at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, and her death was ruled a homicide by the Cook County medical examiner's office. She died of strangulation and multiple stab wounds, the office ruled.
{complete case coverage below}

Police have been conducting several interviews but do not plan to file charges in the immediate future, Gedville said. No suspects are in custody, he said.

Death of 20-year-old Justice woman ruled a homicide
________

John Brassil (New Illinois) Chief, Criminal Prosecutions Bureau Office of the Cook County State's Attorney (took over for Fabio Valentini Supervisor, Felony Review Unit , Office Of The Cook County State's Attorney)
john.brassil@cookcountyil.gov
773-674-3020

Justice Police Department http://villageofjustice.org/ 7800 S Archer Rd, Justice, IL 60458 Ph: 708 458-2191 Lead Det R Plotke rplotke@justicepolice-il.org Det Joe Malloy 708-458-2194 Det Jim Davis 312-603-3980 jdavis@cookcountygov.com

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 10:20:18 AM »

Two year Anniversary of the murder of Lacey Claire Gaines - no news - but two new blogs!

There a two new blogger (friends of Peace4missing) writing about Lacey's unsolved murder case - 2 yrs ago today
http://theslamdunktrove.blogspot.com/2011/12/lacey-gaines-remembered.html Lacey Gaines Remembered by ex-cop Slam Dunk

http://coldnomore.wordpress.com/2011/12/06/what-i-need-most-someone-to-not-let-me-give-up-lacey-gaines/ What I Need Most, Someone to Not Let Me Give Up: Lacey Gaines by Norm Holliston of ZeroGossip

Please read, share and comment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.