March 28, 2024, 07:39:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #159 4/4/10 - 4/9/10  (Read 290273 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1200 on: April 07, 2010, 02:48:33 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-taped-interview-20100407,0,1105956.story
Casey Anthony defense won’t get illegally recorded interview with searcher
 By Sarah Lundy, Orlando Sentinel
2:35 p.m. EDT, April 7, 2010
The judge in the Casey Anthony case isn't going to allow her defense team to have a taped interview of a volunteer who helped search for Anthony's daughter.

Joe Jordan illegally recorded a conversation between an investigator with Casey Anthony's defense team, himself and his lawyer.

In Florida, it's illegal to record someone without their knowledge. The court had previously ordered that the recording would not be used or be disclosed by anyone.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. The 2-year-old remains were found in woods close to her family home in December 2008.

Volunteers claimed the area where Caylee was found was too wet at the time of their search. Jordon told the investigator that he had personally searched the area where Caylee was found but she was not there and it was dry.

Law enforcement officials interviewed Jordon in November.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland wrote in his three-page order that the defense can use Jordon's statement to the cops. His illegally recorded statement is of no more value that what he told detectives

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1201 on: April 07, 2010, 02:51:48 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-taped-interview-20100407,0,1105956.story
The judge in the Casey Anthony case isn't going to allow her defense team to have a taped interview of a volunteer who helped search for Anthony's daughter.

Joe Jordan illegally recorded a conversation between an investigator with Casey Anthony's defense team, himself and his lawyer.

In Florida, it's illegal to record someone without their knowledge. The court had previously ordered that the recording would not be used or be disclosed by anyone.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. The 2-year-old remains were found in woods close to her family home in December 2008.

Volunteers claimed the area where Caylee was found was too wet at the time of their search. Jordon told the investigator that he had personally searched the area where Caylee was found but she was not there and it was dry.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland wrote in his three-page order that the defense can use Jordon's statement to the cops. His illegally recorded statement is of no more value that what he told detectives

thanks trim, in the midst of the madness I had forgotten about this item!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1202 on: April 07, 2010, 02:52:48 PM »

Thing is, we will never really know that George or Lee molested Casey. Her word against theirs and they are all liars 

I have to admit, that my first impression of KC was that of a sexually abused victim and my suspicions leaned toward GA. I may have felt that way in an effort to try and understand her behavior but at this point I still don’t know what to believe….
I have stopped looking at most of what is in front of me as if it’s the truth being revealed. I can’t help but feel that most of these letters are not truth being revealed. What is the truth is what is going on behind what I am looking at and something is going on behind that too.
Most of what is going on at the moment is a distraction. What is not a distraction is a prelude.  I may be cynical or paranoid but one thing I’m not going to be is gullible or naive. Parties in this latest bombshell letter and testimony release lack any semblance of credibility and have too many mysterious ties to each other to be taken at face value.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1203 on: April 07, 2010, 02:54:29 PM »

This may have already been addressed, but ... on a close read in her letters about Lee rubbing her boobies & George also when she was younger, does anyone else think she worded all that very ambiguously?

Said her brother rubbed her breasts while she slept. How would she know who was rubbing on her if she was asleep?  Could have been Cindy.  Her so-called proof that someone was rubbing on her was because her sports bra would be pulled up on her chest, or regular bra would be unhooked when she woke up.  Only thing she said she actually saw Lee do was sit on her floor & shine a flashlight on her while she slept. Didn't say he was doing anything, just sittin there with a flashlight.

As to her dad, she said she'd been having vivid dreams and thinks he may have done the same to her at a much younger age.  Then she tried to suggest that maybe she was repressing memories.

I'm not a Lee or George fan by long shot, but -that was all blah blah blah.

Hi BG!  My thoughts exactly!  I have only made it through half of the letters so far - I just cringe everytime she refers to herself as a celebrity.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1204 on: April 07, 2010, 02:57:15 PM »

Interesting conversation.           Is there any way that a plea deal would give KC less than LWOP?   She could have gotten 8 years in the beginning - would the State now offer her something less than Life - say 20-25 years? 

Who is saying could have gotten 8 years, and based on what - a reduction to manslaughter, maybe so.   To your second question, I doubt sincerely that the State would accept anything less than LWOP plea due to the fact that I have always believed that they are very confident they have enough to get a murder one conviction after the jury hears all the evidence & too much time has lapsed.  The defense has claimed her to be innocent & did not even attempt to establish diminished capacity or an offer for Casey to report where Caylee could be found, this case is way too big now for the State to be willing to accept a plea that the defense offers now at the 11th hour - the public outcry would be fierce.

Originally in July 08 Baez  I believe was ready, willing and able to plea her out and call it a day.  He requested a plea bargain.  It was about to expire..my guess because Casey wouldn't even speak to that.  Then he requested an extention.  That too expired...probably Casey's call again.   

I think by that point the fame and media attention was starting to kick in.  Baez probably thought he'd just ride this out and milk it for the money and fame he could pick up too. 

Then the body was discovered..that changed everything in the team's mind..not so much in Casey's mind.   Lyon is brought on for the DP.  They need to gain their clients complete confidence to do as they tell her..hence they start bad mouthing the family and Conway...and she never speaks to them again.

But she still is not the perfect client..and can not see the hanging tree in front of her.  In comes Mason....and they need to convince her to cop a plea.  I think this will be very hard to convince her ....this is just the first icing on the cake.   The defense knows the State has plenty of evidence and ammunition they haven't disclosed..this is the tip of the iceberg.   Now they want to be the National heros..get her to plea..and still look like they did the right thing.  It is a win/win in their minds.  Now if Casey would cooperate fully..well we'll have to wait and see.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1205 on: April 07, 2010, 03:06:11 PM »

I think the only letters Jose could have objected to were the ones Casey, herself wrote. He would have no legal say in the ones Robin wrote.

As for getting a lighter sentence with the sexual abuse hanging out there. She would have to have some proof, otherwise every criminal in the system would throw this in their case for good measure. 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1206 on: April 07, 2010, 03:11:53 PM »

I think the only letters Jose could have objected to were the ones Casey, herself wrote. He would have no legal say in the ones Robin wrote.

As for getting a lighter sentence with the sexual abuse hanging out there. She would have to have some proof, otherwise every criminal in the system would throw this in their case for good measure. 

Boo I completely agree.  I think at this point the defense just wants to get this over with..anyone attached to this case on the defense side comes out smelling like chit.
Hence having the State pay for her defense due to indigency..they know they are coming to the end of the free ride.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1207 on: April 07, 2010, 03:13:09 PM »

Thing is, we will never really know that George or Lee molested Casey. Her word against theirs and they are all liars 

I have to admit, that my first impression of KC was that of a sexually abused victim and my suspicions leaned toward GA. I may have felt that way in an effort to try and understand her behavior but at this point I still don’t know what to believe….
I have stopped looking at most of what is in front of me as if it’s the truth being revealed. I can’t help but feel that most of these letters are not truth being revealed. What is the truth is what is going on behind what I am looking at and something is going on behind that too.
Most of what is going on at the moment is a distraction. What is not a distraction is a prelude.  I may be cynical or paranoid but one thing I’m not going to be is gullible or naive. Parties in this latest bombshell letter and testimony release lack any semblance of credibility and have too many mysterious ties to each other to be taken at face value.

I agree with you. And I also want to apologize, my statement came across like I didn't care about someone being sexually abused. That is not what I meant at all, I care very deeply if someone was sexually abused, Casey or anyone, that is a horrible thing to happen to anyone. And I do believe she was, a gut feeling that I have had for a long time.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1208 on: April 07, 2010, 03:29:50 PM »

So, we now know from several sources that Baez  was passing communications from the As to Casey and back in violation of the rules .  When is LE going to do something about it???

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1209 on: April 07, 2010, 03:32:26 PM »

So, we now know from several sources that Baez  was passing communications from the As to Casey and back in violation of the rules .  When is LE going to do something about it???
Good question, why is he getting a free pass on this, why is Cindy and George getting a free pass with what they have done?
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1210 on: April 07, 2010, 03:40:57 PM »

damn good question!!!     

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1211 on: April 07, 2010, 03:41:56 PM »

Good question, why is he getting a free pass on this, why is Cindy and George getting a free pass with what they have done?

Who's responsibility would it be to file a complaint against him for breaking the jail rules??

Rest in Peace Caylee

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1212 on: April 07, 2010, 03:42:05 PM »

This may have already been addressed, but ... on a close read in her letters about Lee rubbing her boobies & George also when she was younger, does anyone else think she worded all that very ambiguously?

Said her brother rubbed her breasts while she slept. How would she know who was rubbing on her if she was asleep?  Could have been Cindy.  Her so-called proof that someone was rubbing on her was because her sports bra would be pulled up on her chest, or regular bra would be unhooked when she woke up.  Only thing she said she actually saw Lee do was sit on her floor & shine a flashlight on her while she slept. Didn't say he was doing anything, just sittin there with a flashlight.

As to her dad, she said she'd been having vivid dreams and thinks he may have done the same to her at a much younger age.  Then she tried to suggest that maybe she was repressing memories.

I'm not a Lee or George fan by long shot, but -that was all blah blah blah.

I agree--- Maybe Lee was watching her snore & drool.    Monkey Devil!  Or perhaps he was testing out flashlights ... lol

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1213 on: April 07, 2010, 03:47:19 PM »

Round two...DENIED    Can we imagine what JS is thinking...we all witnessed his composure both being aggravated & humored by the defense last week.   Get it together defense, tired of your smoke & mirrors - what part of illegally recorded did they not understand?   Funny how something inappropriate and/or illegal works if they feel it will benefit them...think again Bozo!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1214 on: April 07, 2010, 03:51:24 PM »

Who's responsibility would it be to file a complaint against him for breaking the jail rules??
I don't know, but something tells me he will be long gone soon.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1215 on: April 07, 2010, 03:52:12 PM »

Yeah, considered contraband. My guess is that if the jail learns of it (and they should know by now) that it is their responsibility to deal with it. And hopefully, let the bar know as well.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1216 on: April 07, 2010, 03:54:38 PM »

It's not over till the fat lady sings ...  let's wait & see what transpires over time.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1217 on: April 07, 2010, 03:54:47 PM »

Brandi, yes I would think that is what should happen, and hopefully it has, and Baez will be gone.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1218 on: April 07, 2010, 03:54:59 PM »

The only reason not to go after the As, Baez and anyone else who has obstructed and aided and abetted this crime is that they are going after the big fish(Casey) first. Not that that makes any sense at all.  BUT not one single thing has made any sense here....sigh....see you all later, life calls and my head hurts

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1219 on: April 07, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »

I agree with you. And I also want to apologize, my statement came across like I didn't care about someone being sexually abused. That is not what I meant at all, I care very deeply if someone was sexually abused, Casey or anyone, that is a horrible thing to happen to anyone. And I do believe she was, a gut feeling that I have had for a long time.
I have to agree I have always thought she was abused as well, this does not in any way shape or form mean I am defending her because I am not she is a monster and deserves to rot. It has been in the back of my mind that it was Lee which may explain some of why he has been so far removed from this whole thing.  NoRose I know you would never be insensitive about anyone being abused sexually.   

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.